Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:40:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That’s gonna rustle some jimmies.  You’re not wrong though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like it or not Holosun is innovating while Trijicon plays golf and lites cigars with 100 dollar bills provided by the sucker know as the American tax payer.

So patriotic, much brave.

That’s gonna rustle some jimmies.  You’re not wrong though.

Just you wait, Trijicon will find a way to sue...
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:01:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

after the EMP, we'll be using iron sights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We sold steel and oil to Japan prior to WWII.

In irony, the Japanese used the oil to propel the ships and steel for bomb casings and attacked us at Pearl Harbor.

Would it be ironic to use Holosun products to fight the Chinese?

after the EMP, we'll be using iron sights.

Only a problem if the optic is connected to the grid.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 9:09:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

A very small umbrella.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've never used a RDS on a handgun. What happens if it's raining or snowing? How do you keep it from filling up?

A very small umbrella.

LOL

@mancow

Yes, if the emitter gets occluded it is a problem. This has been known to happen. If it is a concern, that's where the enclosed emitter MRDS optics come in - your Aimpoint ACROs, Holosun 509ts, and the new enclosed 507.

That's why all I really want is for Trijicon to machine an RMR with a slightly bigger housing and another piece of glass. Keep the shitty battery compartment and everything else if you must - I can deal with confirming zero once a year or longer, if necessary. Just enclose that emitter, please.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:15:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

LOL

@mancow

Yes, if the emitter gets occluded it is a problem. This has been known to happen. If it is a concern, that's where the enclosed emitter MRDS optics come in - your Aimpoint ACROs, Holosun 509ts, and the new enclosed 507.

That's why all I really want is for Trijicon to machine an RMR with a slightly bigger housing and another piece of glass. Keep the shitty battery compartment and everything else if you must - I can deal with confirming zero once a year or longer, if necessary. Just enclose that emitter, please.
View Quote

If they're going through the trouble of enclosing the emitter, which I agree is a good idea since I have encountered a blocked emitter on an RMR before, then they need to make the battery replaceable without removing the optic. Of all the *featurez* Holosun has, those are the only two that are actually an improvement. Still not worth sending money to the CCP when it can be avoided, but the ACRO P-2 may cut into Trijicon's sales a fair amount.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes please.  That’s all most people are asking.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Keep the shitty battery compartment and everything else if you must - I can deal with confirming zero once a year or longer, if necessary. Just enclose that emitter, please.
View Quote

Has anyone ever noticed a POI shift after removing an RMR and replacing the battery?
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:32:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If they're going through the trouble of enclosing the emitter, which I agree is a good idea since I have encountered a blocked emitter on an RMR before, then they need to make the battery replaceable without removing the optic. Of all the *featurez* Holosun has, those are the only two that are actually an improvement. Still not worth sending money to the CCP when it can be avoided, but the ACRO P-2 may cut into Trijicon's sales a fair amount.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

@mancow

I mean, I would take more improvement, of course, but if we are trying to keep costs approachable - if THAT'S the excuse - then those are my minimum requirements.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Has anyone ever noticed a POI shift after removing an RMR and replacing the battery?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Keep the shitty battery compartment and everything else if you must - I can deal with confirming zero once a year or longer, if necessary. Just enclose that emitter, please.

I've only had to change my battery once, but after that one time I had to make no adjustments after re-install.

Jagerwerks did the milling. A+.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:36:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I've only had to change my battery once, but after that one time I had to make no adjustments after re-install.

View Quote

I really just wonder if it's a valid concern.  Looking at the way the sights are generally attached, I would think you'd get just as much POI shift from removing/replacing the slide.  I suppose if you had a huge difference in the torque on the screws maybe... like barely tight enough to hold the sight on, and then gorilla'ed them down after the battery replacement.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Need rechargeable button cells that work with Apple Watch charger.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not with 20,000 hour internal battery life you don’t
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:49:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I really just wonder if it's a valid concern.  Looking at the way the sights are generally attached, I would think you'd get just as much POI shift from removing/replacing the slide.  I suppose if you had a huge difference in the torque on the screws maybe... like barely tight enough to hold the sight on, and then gorilla'ed them down after the battery replacement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That'd be about it, in my amateur estimation. Torque values being fairly important on these screws to avoid snapping them off in your slide, proper re-install should remove that factor, and going with a good machinist should remove most any other cause. Again, in my amateur observation.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Nearly everything that every person in the US uses has ties to China. LOL at the "never will put a Chinese xxx on my xxx", while typing on a device with Chinese parts if not outright made in China. It's just the way it is and a lot of "it's actually not how it seems".

After I saw the video of the Romeo 5 taking the load of birdshot I bought 3 and have abused the one on my 15-22 relentlessly. It has been dropped, tumbled off my ATV at speed, seen freezing weather and heat of a summer truck cab.

It hasn't lost zero and works perfectly. Glass is clear, parallax is virtually non-existent and the dot has far less distortion than the Aimpoints and MROs that are now gone, I have astigmatism.

$120 bucks and tough as nails in my experience.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 11:31:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Please make it 43x size with ACSS reticle
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I mean, I would take more improvement, of course, but if we are trying to keep costs approachable - if THAT'S the excuse - then those are my minimum requirements.
View Quote

Like what? A solar cell that doesn't generate enough power to run the optic? A shake awake feature to save battery life?

How much value do those actually add to an optic whose battery life is already measured in years?
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:03:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Like it or not Holosun is innovating while Trijicon plays golf and lites cigars with 100 dollar bills provided by the sucker know as the American tax payer.

View Quote

I love my ACOG but this is correct
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:03:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nearly everything that every person in the US uses has ties to China. LOL at the "never will put a Chinese xxx on my xxx", while typing on a device with Chinese parts if not outright made in China. It's just the way it is and a lot of "it's actually not how it seems".

After I saw the video of the Romeo 5 taking the load of birdshot I bought 3 and have abused the one on my 15-22 relentlessly. It has been dropped, tumbled off my ATV at speed, seen freezing weather and heat of a summer truck cab.

It hasn't lost zero and works perfectly. Glass is clear, parallax is virtually non-existent and the dot has far less distortion than the Aimpoints and MROs that are now gone, I have astigmatism.

$120 bucks and tough as nails in my experience.
View Quote

It is impossible to avoid giving any money at all to the Chinese, but to dismiss making a conscious effort to avoid it where you can as a worthless effort is fucking retarded.

But if you really have no qualms about funding the CCP for your jUsT aS gOoD, then that's cool I guess
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's easy to innovate when you use cheap low risk chinese labor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's easy to innovate when you use cheap low risk chinese labor.

Horseshit, they are willing to take risk and have a product design team that fucking listens and gives a shit about what they are doing.

Tijicon needs to quit leaning on their .gov contracts and start letting the creatives do their fucking jobs
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What US company is making forged Titanium housings (sealed or unsealed) with solar power, shake awake power switching, or mutliple reticles that are better for people with astigmatism?

Sure, Trijicon sued them over button placement. Whatever. Holosun is beating other companies at their own game. The RMR, SRO, and Deltapoint were cool when they came out, but 2009 was a Long Time Ago.

Innovate or Die.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chinese industrial espionage beats American R&D

What US company is making forged Titanium housings (sealed or unsealed) with solar power, shake awake power switching, or mutliple reticles that are better for people with astigmatism?

Sure, Trijicon sued them over button placement. Whatever. Holosun is beating other companies at their own game. The RMR, SRO, and Deltapoint were cool when they came out, but 2009 was a Long Time Ago.

Innovate or Die.

This post needs to be printed out in the hundreds and showered over trijicon and Leupolds booths at shot. Have the bar tenders put them in the drinks of Tijicon and Leopoldo reps, slide them under their hotel room doors.

Their lack of innovation is un-American and sad; and they should be made to feel bad for it. It takes nothing more than leadership and drive to do this.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:21:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Solar with no adjustability. No point for my CC application.

Innovative? Sure.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Wonder how it stays charged if it stays in a safe etc for an extended period
View Quote

Aaron Cowan says yes.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've never used a RDS on a handgun. What happens if it's raining or snowing? How do you keep it from filling up?
View Quote
By carrying in a holster that covers the optic like this. Which also conveniently covers any solar charger, LOL.

Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You're looking at all of this myopically. Think in broad terms about an environment, China, where companies don't compete but rather share all technologies to create a world-wide economic advantage and that much of the base technology was originally stolen.
View Quote

That used to be called America. It didn't matter whether you were Jeffersonian or Hamiltonian back in the day. You pirated English textile secrets.

For any given anti-Chinese IP position, there's a corresponding pillory written by American entrepreneurs 200 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Aaron Cowan says yes.
View Quote

Holosun red dots go to sleep when they haven't seen movement in 10 minutes. You can put it on the brightest setting and leave it for years and it won't make a damned bit of difference to battery life. When you pick it up, it will wake up where you left it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:47:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Look, I'm not arguing with you. I'm simply stating facts and they are that every single company and corporation the PRC are "run" by the government at some level. That's not conjecture, that's a fact. Secondly China steals 100's of billions of dollars in intellectual property every single year.  Again, that's a fact and I'm little more than open source news familiar with that problem set.

Yes, the days of direct patent infringement of technology are coming to an end.

My point was simply that China, hence Chinese companies, have a sizable advantage.  In simple terms let's say that Trijicon invests $10M in some new technology and hopes to recoup their investment. What will occur is that China will steal that RD through industrial espionage. They'll examine the tech and modify it to avoid patent infringement. Hell, most the time they improve it and then using their government run and managed environment they manufacture that product for substantially less money…..and they saved the $10M in initial RD.

The fact is that China practices industrial espionage on scale the world has never seen before and if you don't understand that it plays a role even in something as mundane as a red dot then I'd say you're uninformed. They put the Israelis to shame...
View Quote

It's no different here.... if a US company came up with a disruptive technology or became a problem for the government, they would get a polite tap on the shoulder.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:49:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You're looking at all of this myopically. Think in broad terms about an environment, China, where companies don't compete but rather share all technologies to create a world-wide economic advantage and that much of the base technology was originally stolen.
View Quote

So, your position is that we should punish Holosun because other Chinese companies have stolen ideas?
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Really, you poors don't have a black light in the gun safe already to charge your biden approved green initiative hybrid optics?

You haven't been thinking in the year 2025.
View Quote

LoL, you should patent that idea!
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:57:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No!

They do work well with nods though. Suck in all other situations except shooting in full sunlight.
View Quote

I still like the DI Trijicon products, .... It sucks that they discontinued most of them. An enclosed RX34 is something the market needs.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:57:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I like it and I tend to be a Trijicon guy.
View Quote

I'd prefer to buy a Trijicon product myself. They just aren't earning the business.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Arfcom loves to gnob gobble the CCP when it comes to gun stuff. If China ever makes ARs cheaper than PSA this place would jump for joy.
View Quote

Where do you think all of these cheap AR part that flooded the market over the last couple of years came from?
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That would be an even better power source than fucking tritium, dude.
View Quote

Been using DI Tritium sights and scopes for 20 years, never had a situation where it was possible to ID a target when it was so dark the tritium was doing a better job than ambient light. We aren't soldiers in a free-fire zone.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'd prefer to buy a Trijicon product myself. They just aren't earning the business.
View Quote

They earned mine.  RMRcc is awesome.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:04:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Seriously, though, the fact that it is small enough to utilize standard-height sights for co-witness is a big deal.
View Quote

yep. that.  I just put my first RMR on a glock and I had to but these giant bastardized erections on my slide as sights. Would much prefer normal height sights vs these things.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It is impossible to avoid giving any money at all to the Chinese, but to dismiss making a conscious effort to avoid it where you can as a worthless effort is fucking retarded.

But if you really have no qualms about funding the CCP for your jUsT aS gOoD, then that's cool I guess
View Quote
LOL

GD: Don't fund the commies in Chyna

Also GD: Fuck! They've banned Russian ammo and guns!

Wayback GD: Fuck! They've banned Mak 90s!
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:12:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Been using DI Tritium sights and scopes for 20 years, never had a situation where it was possible to ID a target when it was so dark the tritium was doing a better job than ambient light. We aren't soldiers in a free-fire zone.
View Quote

I’m going to take it that the joke completely eluded you.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Meanwhile at Trijicon HQ:

"We are losing big time to Holosun, we need to do something!"

"I got it, lets put religious quotes on our RMRs, that will bring back our fan base."

Applause erupts throughout the board room.

"And if that fails, lets make a limited run with the BRCC logo on it."

A lone cricket is heard passing gas in the hallway...........

Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:24:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait, a couple pages back it was stated this sight has a 2,000 hour charge life.  It just jumped by a factor of 10X to 20,000?  So you need to stick it under a light every couple of years for a few hours and then you can stick it in a safe for a couple more years?
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:29:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Whoever made this meme is a fucking retard.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Like what? A solar cell that doesn't generate enough power to run the optic? A shake awake feature to save battery life?

How much value do those actually add to an optic whose battery life is already measured in years?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I don't care about those features. I didn't list an improved battery compartment among my minimum requirements, so I would throw that back in because removing the optic to change the battery, no matter how infrequently, is annoying.

Beyond that, that's about it. Do those things and keep the same footprint and I'll pay extra for that from Trijicon over the enclosed Holosuns.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#40]

If they have indeed pulled this off it will revolutionize the rds on pistols.

The dual light sensors will be critical to make this work, if it is able to be at the right setting for all conditions while siting low enough to co-witness factory sights, major leap forward.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
LOL

GD: Don't fund the commies in Chyna

Also GD: Fuck! They've banned Russian ammo and guns!

Wayback GD: Fuck! They've banned Mak 90s!
View Quote

Ah I see. Russia and China are the same.

Link Posted: 1/18/2022 2:32:35 PM EDT
[#42]
If they pull this off, in my mind it truly is a “game changer“ in that you still can use your iron sights. Probably the biggest reason why people don’t switch from irons to a red dot is because of the delay in finding the red dot and retraining to be able to find the dot. With one of these, you come up and find your sites like you normally would and the dot should be there. It really should allow people to switch back-and-forth with very little training to get used to a new system.  Because of that reason alone, I could see this being a huge success.

The other thing is, if there is an issue with the dot, your sights are already there and you were just looking barely over them.  If they make one for the p365 I am in.

He addressed the other issue in the video which is after 10 years or so, the original battery likely will need to be replaced and he saying that that can be done, albeit by the manufacturer. Likely someone else will figure out how to do it as well even if holosun for some reason disappears.

My solar gshock watch lasted about 12 years on the first battery, and then I YouTubed to learn how to replace it.  I would expect something similar with these.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 8:02:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 9:23:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Solar with no adjustability. No point for my CC application.

Innovative? Sure.
View Quote

Read Aaron cowan’s Instagram post earlier in this thread. You’re wrong.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 9:32:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

They have always been on there.

I love my Jesus optics.
View Quote

I also love Jesus optics.  It would be pretty cool if they made optics that addressed issues everyone else is addressing.

All except for Eotech.  I wonder if they would be willing to make an enclosed LED pistol MRDS? It’s my impression the holographic tech doesn’t miniaturize enough to fit on a pistol.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:15:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

A very small umbrella.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A very small umbrella.

I mean..  when it snows and you have 1" on your slide and can't see your irons..  you can still see your dot
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:35:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

LOL

@mancow

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A very small umbrella.

LOL

@mancow

Makes sense, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 1:36:44 AM EDT
[#48]
If it fits a RMR mount, I'll probably put one on my 22/45 lite for sure.  My carry weapon?  Probably not.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:10:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I hope the sights are haunted by the Uyghurs ground up to make them.
View Quote

If French citizens looking to arm themselves were getting shit on by politicians who'd been bought off by Germans to wreck French industry prior to the 1940 invasion, I don't think they'd waste too much time worrying about how the Poles were doing if they were going to get more bang for their buck with German glass.

We need to take what we can get.  The time to try and fix crap by buying American or at least from Western nations was over decades ago.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 7:28:39 AM EDT
[#50]
I dunno why people get butthurt that China is putting out better products. You can make excuses why all day, but when it comes to my money, I'm buying the best product I can afford. I'm not giving Trijicon money just because they're an American company. They gotta earn my business like everybody else. If they're content filling gov contracts forever and not worrying about innovation, great, but I'm not buying one out of pity. They can ride the gov gravy train forever because they will never authorize procurement  of a Chinese product.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top