Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When NK (or anyone) launches a 'test' ICBM, how does the US know it's a test at the time of launch?
Is there an international memo sent out for all other countries to not attack, because it's 'only a test of our emergency attack system'?
View Quote
I've wondered that too. How much response time is lost, while figuring out what's going on?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Sending in some CIA assets with blank U.S. passports and a few duffel bags full of cash to court North Korean brass into a coup is our only semi realistic option for ousting Kim from power without a full scale war. I can't imagine the guy commands much loyalty and rules by fear. Enough money can buy courage.
View Quote
Those generals have been around for a long time and were loyal to his father as well. You bet Kim pays the guys around him extremely well, like most dictators do, in hopes to keep them from getting any funny ideas. I don't think a bag of cash would be very persuasive.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:27:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Trump administration wont broadcast exactly what we have planned.
View Quote
You will need to check twitter for that.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:28:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Let me make sure I understand you guys......you are advocating for a hostile foreign state to attack American soil and kill millions of United States citizens...so that it may justify a broader military response? Do I have that right? Just trying to clarify because I am slow some times...you think it would be an acceptable pawn to give up to win the long game. (And you are saying this on the 4th of July)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Los Angeles is going to have to take one for the team.  Not that they are on my team.
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7TKSvAFBMWUbU22c/giphy.gif
Let me make sure I understand you guys......you are advocating for a hostile foreign state to attack American soil and kill millions of United States citizens...so that it may justify a broader military response? Do I have that right? Just trying to clarify because I am slow some times...you think it would be an acceptable pawn to give up to win the long game. (And you are saying this on the 4th of July)
You got it wrong.  Here are some deep thoughts for you since you seem "concerned."  Most of the people in Best Korea are innocent people....so....
In fact, I would say they are more innocent in their part for NK getting nukes than majority of voters in LA. 
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:36:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You got it wrong.  Here are some deep thoughts for you since you seem "concerned."  Most of the people in Best Korea are innocent people....so....
In fact, I would say they are more innocent in their part for NK getting nukes than majority of voters in LA. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Los Angeles is going to have to take one for the team.  Not that they are on my team.
You are right in that the vast majority of North Koreans didn't ask for the government they are imprisoned by. That said, to be accepting of slaughtering American citizens (sorry, but there are a lot of them in California) is absurd. I may not agree with their politics, but I don't want them dead....and I certainly will not accept some foreign dictator deciding that anyone in my country should be dead. Sorry...I'm not a big fan of killing millions of people over a dick swinging contest....especially when a lot of them are normal folks who happen to live near some insane enclaves of leftists. 
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Dude, quit doubling down on the stupid. It's not funny or clever
View Quote
Ah, I see you're a Jerry Brown fan. 
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes, because they don't really care about American lives.

I'd like to add that my brother lives like 20 minutes from LA, and my girlfriend will be in LA for school soon. So if LA ever got nuked, yeah we'd lose a lot of Americans, but I'd lose basically the only family I have.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:46:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
When NK (or anyone) launches a 'test' ICBM, how does the US know it's a test at the time of launch?

Is there an international memo sent out for all other countries to not attack, because it's 'only a test of our emergency attack system'?
View Quote
Tha's a good question.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You are right in that the vast majority of North Koreans didn't ask for the government they are imprisoned by. That said, to be accepting of slaughtering American citizens (sorry, but there are a lot of them in California) is absurd. I may not agree with their politics, but I don't want them dead....and I certainly will not accept some foreign dictator deciding that anyone in my country should be dead. Sorry...I'm not a big fan of killing millions of people over a dick swinging contest....especially when a lot of them are normal folks who happen to live near some insane enclaves of leftists. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Accepting has nothing to do with it.  All I care about is reality.  If we fire nukes at NK or if they fire them at us, a lot of innocents are going to die and that is the way it is.  That being said, if a city was going to get hit and you had to pick one, which would you pick?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'd like to add that my brother lives like 20 minutes from LA, and my girlfriend will be in LA for school soon. So if LA ever got nuked, yeah we'd lose a lot of Americans, but I'd lose basically the only family I have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who said they don't care about American lives?  That is you jumping to conclusions.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:49:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Accepting has nothing to do with it.  All I care about is reality.  If we fire nukes at NK or if they fire them at us, a lot of innocents are going to die and that is the way it is.  That being said, if a city was going to get hit and you had to pick one, which would you pick?
View Quote
Pyongyang
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:50:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Who said they don't care about American lives?  That is you jumping to conclusions.
View Quote
Saying it's acceptable to nuke a large US city is pretty good fucking evidence, yeah?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:51:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Pyongyang
View Quote
Raqqa.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:54:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Those generals have been around for a long time and were loyal to his father as well. You bet Kim pays the guys around him extremely well, like most dictators do, in hopes to keep them from getting any funny ideas. I don't think a bag of cash would be very persuasive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sending in some CIA assets with blank U.S. passports and a few duffel bags full of cash to court North Korean brass into a coup is our only semi realistic option for ousting Kim from power without a full scale war. I can't imagine the guy commands much loyalty and rules by fear. Enough money can buy courage.
That,and I would guess that if he questions your loyalty,bad bad shit will happen to you and your family.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Everyone who has been posting stupid shit, please stop.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:57:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Since Seoul in not in Illinois, and you apparently do not live there, perhaps you should not be so willing to to "sacrifice" it.   Maybe if you were willing to sacrifice your town, I might find this to be a little more compelling.
View Quote
If it comes down to Seoul gets shelled or we get nuked it's not a hard call to make as Seoul is not an American city and I put America first. Beyond their strategic value I don't really care about South Korea.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:58:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
I thought top brass was subject to fairly regular purging in semi comical ways.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You are indeed slow. Californians are commies. Who cares if 50 electoral college votes aren't automatically going to the left anymore? California probably sympathizes with the Norks so they're perfect for each other.
View Quote
Perhaps you should move to NK if you actually want your fellow countrymen killed by a foreign bomb. They may be assholes but they are our assholes.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:04:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've wondered that too. How much response time is lost, while figuring out what's going on?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From an earlier article, they said NK usually notifies China who then notifies everyone else.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You are indeed slow. Californians are commies. Who cares if 50 electoral college votes aren't automatically going to the left anymore? California probably sympathizes with the Norks so they're perfect for each other.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
AFRcom full of commie trolls.... DU operatives and basement dwellers along with man children living with mom.

Never advocate death among any American, also there are far more good Americans in California than you think.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:26:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I thought top brass was subject to fairly regular purging in semi comical ways.
View Quote
I would guess our gov keeps tabs on them every time a video is released.

With the huge headgear and oversize uniforms,they all look the same to me.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Perhaps you should move to NK if you actually want your fellow countrymen killed by a foreign bomb. They may be assholes but they are our assholes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People who say that shit are fucking sick.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
As much as I can't stand Kommiefornia not even I would make that remark.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't we wait until they hit Los Angeles first? PLEEEZE?????
I don't think you truly realize, the ramifications of what you just posted.

Innocent U.S. citizens killed by the millions.

Go masturbate some place else!

Your American card should be revoked.
As much as I can't stand Kommiefornia not even I would make that remark.

Yeah....

There are at least a dozen American citizens left in Los Angeles. Think of them.
Uncool.....

ETA: I wonder how many of their "failed" tests are a result of successful tests of some of our not known about by the public anti missile systems.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:38:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Dude are you new to GD!? 
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Dude are you new to GD!? 
View Quote
He did say please.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:44:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Dude are you new to GD!? 
View Quote
No. Hes from California.

Those people are not tolerant Like the rest of us in GD.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#27]
The best Korea is just calling for take out for the little fat one.

They will keep pushing until someone does something stupid from one of their test

Then their shit will get pushed in.

ICBM's are not toys to be playing with in my book.

Happy 4th everyone!!!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:51:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Wow this thread is full of fuckery.

If you want California to get nuked then why don't you go switch sides and move to NK.

You saw what they did to the last American that came out of there.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
There's some real pieces of shit in this thread
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:55:26 PM EDT
[#31]
I wonder if we could retrofit a pamphlet drop in place of the warhead in a Trident II?

Launch one and have it pop over Pyongyang with thousands of pamphlets reading

"If you do not have a new government in 4 hours, nothing will remain alive in your country by the fifth hour. Please present the head of Lil Kim at the DMZ.

Be advised, if you move anything bigger than a Jeep or launch any projectile more dangerous than a snowball, we will consider this a refusal to cooperate and switch to the punishment stage."

No assassination attempt. No false narrative. Just give the generals a few hours to off the evil weeble wobble.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 2:03:27 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm more concerned about Russia and China axis. Fuck NK, China and Russia has more nukes combined than anyone.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#33]
GD never disappoints.  Keep calm and tard on.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 2:38:38 PM EDT
[#34]
And use their asses for runway lights.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 3:04:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I hope that it's a neutron device over San Francisco.
View Quote
We're edgy today, aren't we?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 3:38:12 PM EDT
[#36]
The MSM is going to love that little tidbit.

Link Posted: 7/4/2017 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Already heard them talk about it on Fox today.

That's why you don't promise stupid shit.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 3:49:24 PM EDT
[#38]
What was the announcement?

Did Kim Jong Un grow a new chin?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, and it isn't just the MSM.  When you make statements that you can't back up, you lose credibility with everyone.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Saying it's acceptable to nuke a large US city is pretty good fucking evidence, yeah?
View Quote
edited after i saw some later posts
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Pyongyang
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pyongyang
So it is ok to kill millions of innocents?  Most of those people never had a say in what their government did.  The people in LA have more to do with the situation NK is in than they did.  (Note that I am not advocating nuking anyone)
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

People who think nuking any innocents is a good thing are sick. 
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NK has informed the IMO of every space launch activity well in advance for the national aviation and maritime authorities to issue their advisories to airmen and mariners to avoid the splash zones of the lower stages.

The real rocket scientists think that the high lofting trajectories used for the IRBM and ICBM tests is intended to make sure no stage flies far enough to be considered a warhead launch threat by the US.

Which would imply that should NK make a really long range test out to the Pacific well beyond 132 deg east, they would announce it in advance like the space launches. They should know that if they make a space launch or a real ICBM trajectory shot without annuncing it as a test in advance, they do run the risk of getting it shot down as a hostile missile launch.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So it is ok to kill millions of innocents?  Most of those people never had a say in what their government did.  The people in LA have more to do with the situation NK is in than they did.  (Note that I am not advocating nuking anyone)
View Quote
Educate yourself to the caste system that exists in best Korea.  The only people in Pyongyang are the leadership and their loyalists.  No one outside those chosen for demonstrated loyalty are permitted to enter the city.   Now...I will admit that many loyalists are likely in that position as a result of coercion or worse...but the fact remains that the majority of people in that city (acting of their own volition or under fear of orders) want me and you dead. I'm fine with killing them.

How many time have we talked about the SS 'just following orders'?  Those within the city limits of Pyongyang know damn well what they are involved in. It's the 21 million North Koreans in the rural areas (in the untouchable castes) that I feel bad for. 

I recognize NK as an existential threat....but I'm not ever going to be cool with them killing Americans (hippies included) regardless of what it justifies to Congress. 
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
While I can't prove it, I suspect NK obtains significant benefit from selling/bartering nuke/missile technology to other countries including, but not limited to, Iran and Pakistan.  I believe it has been shown that they trade technology back and forth, as advancements allow.

It's ultimately to the benefit of Red China to have NK as a buffer state, as well as having them on-call as a source of harassment to the US and other nations that are in the area.  The ChiComs are NK's biggest trading partners, by far, at least in non-military, overt sales.  That being the case, if Red China sneezes, NK gets a cold.

Given the very great reaction to the tsunami/Jap reactor disaster not long ago, the idea of hitting NK in a pre-emptive strike with multiple nukes would raise an incredible reaction in SK, Japan, and anywhere downwind where any fallout could settle.  The NORKs have had decades in which to tunnel and in which to hide their weapons in relatively secure areas

It's a tough problem.  I don't have the answer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't for the life of me see what Kim hopes to accomplish with all this premature provocation and posturing.  The very best he can hope for is to preserve the status quo, which he would have had anyway if he'd simply STFU.  And at worst he'll end up with a lapful of U.S. conventional, or possibly nuclear weapons.  Surely he's smart enough to realize that there's no happy ending to the course he seems intent on setting for NK's international relations.  
While I can't prove it, I suspect NK obtains significant benefit from selling/bartering nuke/missile technology to other countries including, but not limited to, Iran and Pakistan.  I believe it has been shown that they trade technology back and forth, as advancements allow.

It's ultimately to the benefit of Red China to have NK as a buffer state, as well as having them on-call as a source of harassment to the US and other nations that are in the area.  The ChiComs are NK's biggest trading partners, by far, at least in non-military, overt sales.  That being the case, if Red China sneezes, NK gets a cold.

Given the very great reaction to the tsunami/Jap reactor disaster not long ago, the idea of hitting NK in a pre-emptive strike with multiple nukes would raise an incredible reaction in SK, Japan, and anywhere downwind where any fallout could settle.  The NORKs have had decades in which to tunnel and in which to hide their weapons in relatively secure areas

It's a tough problem.  I don't have the answer.
Economic war with China. Cut off 100% of their imports, make our Western trade partners do the same. China is completely ruined within a month, and by extension, North Korea.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Now is the time to hit them with everything we have.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True. We need to plant convincing evidence that some of Un's top generals are in contact with the US. If he executes a couple seemingly loyal generals, the rest might decide they can be bought.

It would be tough to do, we may be doing it unsuccessfully already.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://pics.me.me/i-double-dog-dare-north-korea-to-nuke-the-usa-19425924.png
C'mon, only the SF Bay Area and Lost Angeles are evil libturd lands.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 6:47:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pyongyang
Yes, it is OK to kill millions, or even billions, of innocents.

Nationalism is a team sport. Sometimes you've gotta kill the other team's benchwarmers along with their strikers.

If the choice was to kill every other human being on earth, or to suffer the destruction of Tennessee, I'd be OK with the former and do anything to prevent the latter. If the choice were to kill every non-American in order to save America, the same is true.

And we should not be squeamish about it. Every human born more than 140 years ago has died. Every human alive today will die. We're not changing nature, we're just working around scheduling conflicts.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Since Seoul in not in Illinois, and you apparently do not live there, perhaps you should not be so willing to to "sacrifice" it.   Maybe if you were willing to sacrifice your town, I might find this to be a little more compelling.
View Quote
Seoul isn't in KY either but that won't stop me from questioning a 70 year old strategy that leaves their main existential threat within artillery range of their Capitol city.

Who the Hell thought it was a good idea to just keep growing Seoul all this time and therefore leaving SK's throat exposed?

I guess it doesn't matter much when you rely on us for your well being and national security.

Now I'm just a poor dumb Hillbilly but the strategy as it has been played is suicidal for the good guys.

And inevitably, here we are with no good options......AGAIN.

FUCK.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top