Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:22:53 AM EDT
[#1]
While Jesus may not have carried. He would have had Peter carry one.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jesus is on record (in the bible) for telling the disciples to carry swords...

I forget the exact passage, but he tells them to take care of themselves

eta :beaten with the reference....
View Quote

Didn't Jesus fashion a scourge and drive the merchants and money lenders from a temple by force?
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

No, Jesus would not wear a sidearm.  

But if you flash your piece out on the lane, he'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass, and pull the trigger until it goes "click".

View Quote

Nobody fucks with the Jesus.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:14:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Jesus wouldn't read the NYT.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:16:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Of course the Lord Jesus would carry a sidearm! !! He's Less about smiting than his dad, though. . So jesus would probably carry a hi power, whereas god himself would be carrying a 1911...
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Jesus didn't write the constitution, and place a restriction on the government to stay the fuck away from my pistol...so not a fuck is given what he'd do or what Christians think he'd do.

BTW, if you read the Bible and come away with the idea that Jesus was an advocate of self-defense, especially for himself, you're fucking high. Luke 22:36 (especially in context) does not cancel out, or even begin to cancel out, the many instances in which Jesus is clearly a pacifist and opposed to even meaningful violence.

Turning the other cheek wasn't about a Glock, for he or his flock. (hey, that rhymes)

We all put as much stock in that lesson, right? Right?
View Quote

A slap is akin to an insult, or a rebuke.  (But you knew that, right?  Right?)
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You can consider a NYT employee expounding on religion.

Or you can listen to me explain quantum physics without the aid of cut and paste.

Equally pointless.
View Quote

I see that you have achieved perfect consciousness.  

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top