BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can I vote for this guy?  I don't live in NY but I've driven through it several times if that counts.
View Quote

Are you dead?  Dead have a long tradition of Voting in NY
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 4:18:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Can you have ten in the mag and another chambered, or is it ten total?
View Quote

10+1

mag cap is a separate sub section and is limited to 10 regardless of what space it currently occupying
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Sheriff Joe and the Detroit Sheriff both publicly recommended the same thing.

Link Posted: 12/3/2015 4:20:41 PM EDT
[#4]
years ago I went to a Bio-Terrorism Conference for first responders, LEO and hospital folk. one of the first things the FBI agent said was and I quote " Terrorism will come here, people will die and there is nothing you can do to save them. but OK has a CCW program and I suggest everyone in this room take advantage of it".
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 4:20:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder if he hands out unrestricted permits or ones with administrative restrictions.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wonder how difficult it is to get a carry permit in Ulster County NY?
View Quote

Upstate Counties that are not occupied by a "large" city ie Syracuse Rochester Buffalo often times operate pretty close to shall issue.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 4:23:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I wonder if he hands out unrestricted permits or ones with administrative restrictions.
View Quote

It's up the Judge.

Looks like they only issue unrestricted and premises, so I imagine anyone that has one that isn't for business only is going for the carry permit.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 4:27:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Does that mean its ok to put more than 7 rounds in a mag now?
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 4:51:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Meanwhile in New Jersey.

'You want a long gun and a handgun? Fill this paperwork out. It'll be ready in thirty days.....maybe....or not...we'll call you. Oh I see you want to carry too... Hold on....BBBBWBWBWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Here's a rape whistle.'
View Quote

Yep, I applied for my FOID card, and the state troopers actually came to my neighbors house to ask her questions on me. This was in Base Housing.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does that mean its ok to put more than 7 rounds in a mag now?
View Quote

It has been since the 2nd circ ruling.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry Sheriff, my friends and family in NY live on Long Island where there is no legal right to carry a gun.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
He is my County Sheriff and one of the first to condemn the Unsafe Act.  Paul Van Blarcum is one of the good guys!  I am very glad to have him as Sheriff
View Quote

That's amazing, the news is saying he is actually a democrat. Good for him for putting that post.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 5:41:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Want to carry in Maryland sorry we can't let you
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yep, I applied for my FOID card, and the state troopers actually came to my neighbors house to ask her questions on me. This was in Base Housing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meanwhile in New Jersey.

'You want a long gun and a handgun? Fill this paperwork out. It'll be ready in thirty days.....maybe....or not...we'll call you. Oh I see you want to carry too... Hold on....BBBBWBWBWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Here's a rape whistle.'

All these liberal fucksticks in NY and Chicago and Detroit are being told to start carrying. Meanwhile in NJ our politicians are fucking silent and that flaming pile of Twinkie shit Crispy Creme still won't start the process to allow for conceal carry. Fuck this state.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I wish David E Harder would say this weekly. In Broome it's a pain to get a pistol permit but there is a good chance you will after jumping through the hoops. To up it to the carry you have to take a class and write a letter to the judge. Republican sheriff and judge
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 5:59:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
ITS A TARP

They want people to carry so their probability of arresting someone for a SAFE violation goes up.
View Quote

Going with this.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 6:05:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Point of fact the terrorist threat that the good Sherriff is referring to is not encumbered by 'a 7 round magazine restriction and neither is he or is deputies.

He should declare that the Unsafe Act , including it's 7 round magazine limit, will not be enforced in his county as it is an unconstitutional and reckless handicap imposed on law abiding citizens who are the declared target of the terrorists that he has acknowledged are a threat to the public safety in the first place and implore them to carry as many rounds as they fit or use the current load out of his deputies in daily travels as guidance.

Link Posted: 12/3/2015 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just don't carry an 11 round magazine.  eh?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/3/2015 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Point of fact the terrorist threat that the good Sherriff is referring to is not encumbered by ta 7 rounds magazine restriction and neither is he or is deputies.

He should declare that the Unsafe Act , including it's 7 round magazine limit, will not be enforced in his county as it is an unconstitutional and reckless handicap imposed on law abiding citizens who are the declared target of the terrorists that he has acknowledged are a threat to the public safety in the first place.

View Quote

Cortland County said something along those lines.

They basically told the public they aren't out to enforce it, and it's not on the priority list with everything else they have going on.

But, that doesn't mean the entire department feels that way, so it's still wise to be smart about it, sucks.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, shits so bad you better carry your gun... just don't have a mag in it that holds more than 10 rounds or I'll throw you in prison...
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 10:45:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yeah, shits so bad you better carry your gun... just don't have a mag in it that holds more than 10 rounds or I'll throw you in prison...
View Quote

Sheriff throws you in jail, and a judge sends you to prison.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:36:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Sheriff is on Fox News right now.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL no, a person can't be remanded to county jail around here without seeing a judge first
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Cuomo said Strong Islanders don't need no guns
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Lots of cluck clucking in the local newspapers haha  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheriff is on Fox News right now.
Lots of cluck clucking in the local newspapers haha  

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing they're not writing in a positive manner about what the Sheriff said.

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 8:46:37 PM EDT
[#27]
My sheriff is on board.
https://www.facebook.com/Sheriffmikecapinelli/?ref=nf
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 8:52:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

All these liberal fucksticks in NY and Chicago and Detroit are being told to start carrying. Meanwhile in NJ our politicians are fucking silent and that flaming pile of Twinkie shit Crispy Creme still won't start the process to allow for conceal carry. Fuck this state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meanwhile in New Jersey.

If someone in Chicago/Cook County has actually told us to carry because of recent events, first I've heard of it

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 10:36:52 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

OMG those Lyndakker (Sp) are head cases

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 4:14:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Wonder how many people here in Wyoming actually carry concealed without a permit. We don't need one, but lots of folks have them. I've had mine since I was first able to apply for it after moving here in 2006 (PCS'd From Fort Dix NJ). The wife finally got hers last year. I also see open-carry folks once in a while.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top