User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:48:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if the gov gave any thought to what happens when all the producers leave, and there's only takers left?

Where does this nonsense come from?  Democrats own all big tech, all media, make up most of the teachers, and run/work in all these other woke companies but people here keep saying "Democrats don't work".    Do you really think 62% of New York doesn't work?

Some are bailing: (some links require subscriptions)
Florida Will Overtake New York As The Epicenter Of Finance, Hedge Fund Manager Says
State Street Is Latest Financial Firm to Abandon NYC Offices
More Than One In Five NYC Financial Firms Expect To Move Jobs Out Of The City
Hedge Funds Are Ready to Get Out of New York and Move to Florida

That is good and bad.  If they bring NY liberals with them then that puts pressure on turning Florida blue.  That's why companies like Amazon setup a second headquarters in Texas.  

Ron DeSantis and the Republican legislature need to put in place programs to educate the public in Florida about what makes Florida great and why they should keep it that way.  Democrats do it all the time with their social programs, community organizers, and programs that indoctrinate school children.  Republicans need to do the same but use them to push the ideas of freedom, law and order, lower taxes...etc that makes Florida such a great place.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#2]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Outside of NYC, Albany and one or two other cities, yes it is generally conservative leaning.

https://i.imgur.com/k7ndsX1.jpg

That is even worse that I imagined.  Those numbers show New York is as conservative as Kentucky is liberal.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:51:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Maybe TX and AZ can send NY 5.4M homeless illegals in return for 5.4M R voters.
View Quote
Sounds agreeable
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:53:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I dont see how that passes constitutional muster given it discourages interstate travel. And if a state cannot encourage a person to stay  out of it (we will drop the charges if you never show your face here again type), then a state cant similarly encourage you to stay in it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe she'll issue a decree that no NY dem can ever leave the state again also. Or build a wall to keep them in like the old East Germany.

The leftist states for a while have been talking about exit taxes.

Actually, jersey already has some form  of it in their real estate transfer tax. If you sell in nj and don’t buy another property in nj you pay extra.

I dont see how that passes constitutional muster given it discourages interstate travel. And if a state cannot encourage a person to stay  out of it (we will drop the charges if you never show your face here again type), then a state cant similarly encourage you to stay in it

NJ exit tax is a prepaid sales tax for gains on property, I guess too many people were skipping the state returns when they fled the state. You don't pay "extra"... not sure where he got that from.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Make land vote. Marginalize and choke urban areas. This should be a policy objective.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

but land doesn't vote people do.  Most people live in the cities and urban areas and they are liberal.

Make land vote. Marginalize and choke urban areas. This should be a policy objective.

Yeah, it is a shame the founding fathers didn't allocate a base level of seats in the House based on land area and then the rest based on people.  They sort of did with Senate given that Wyoming has the same amount of representation as California.  That still doesn't address dense urban areas vs the rest of the state.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:54:44 AM EDT
[#7]
If they leave tax revenue would take a huge hit. Rush leaving alone probably removed $20 million in taxes.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:01:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

we have one of those
View Quote

which leads to the question
Witmer vs hochul, which one would ya?
some would probably say 3sum??
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah Schumer wins red counties because the GOP runs potted plants against him with no funding and the bastard hustles.
View Quote

That still doesn't add up.  Why would the Republicans in those areas vote for him?  I would vote for an actual potted plant before I would ever vote for a liberal.  If those Republicans vote for Schumer then they don't qualify as conservative.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:04:22 PM EDT
[#10]
That whole 'New York Values' thing again.

Jay
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:05:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's not even conservative by land area when Schumer is running for re-election. He wins almost every county from Montauk to the Canadian border.
View Quote

Unfortunately correct. Even in my Town where we went more than 2:1 against Gillibrand, HRC, Biden & Cuomo. Unreal.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:11:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

great idea  you get equal votes to land percentage.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The Balkanization is real boys.
View Quote

sadly not fast enough.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
5MR out of 13M total.

Yet we always read here in GD that NY is actually conservative
View Quote

No what you read is outside of NYC the state is largely conservative. NYC has half the state’s population in an area about 300 square miles. The state is about 55k square miles.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Cuomo said similar. I left because I wasn’t going to pay another dime of tax money to the vile disgusting  gutter scum. I can’t imagine living in that hellhole.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:24:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I wonder if that's what the Virginia Govenor said prior to the Civil war to the Replublicans..
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:25:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Maybe she'll issue a decree that no NY dem can ever leave the state again also. Or build a wall to keep them in like the old East Germany.
View Quote

Approved. Let it be.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:27:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yeah be very careful about this. "Conservative" new yuckers are not actually conservative, they are just less left wing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please don't invite people here.
Yeah be very careful about this. "Conservative" new yuckers are not actually conservative, they are just less left wing.

Tell me more, I’m listening. You paint with pretty broad strokes pal.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I wish they would. NY would come to a grinding halt.
View Quote

That and do a US census right after so we know what states to add to the House from removing the ones from NY.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:33:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Imagine if all the rino's from NY, IL, and other lost cause dem states all moved to Cali and flipped it red...
View Quote

WHY would I swap one blue state for a worse blue state?
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The there will be plenty of room for all the illegals to re-settle in the Democrat Utopia.

Sounds like a win-win

For any of you New York Republicans heading to Florida; welcome but leave ALL the failed politics behind and learn how to be a Floridian. No, we really don’t care how you did things “back north”.
View Quote

Florida is the next to last state I'd head to in this country
I like seasons
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#23]
If Zeldin was smart he should take this qoute and run with it.

Say that he would be a governor to all NYers

Run that ad 24/7
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I like seasons
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The there will be plenty of room for all the illegals to re-settle in the Democrat Utopia.

Sounds like a win-win

For any of you New York Republicans heading to Florida; welcome but leave ALL the failed politics behind and learn how to be a Floridian. No, we really don’t care how you did things “back north”.

I like seasons

Hurricane is a season.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'll tell you a secret 87% of NY "Republicans" don't give two shits about ARs and certainly not body armor. They care about taxes, schools, property values. They mostly got vaccinated and were fine with it.

People are fleeing NY mostly over taxes.

Hochul isn't going to round them up (outside of gun dudes) or burn down their houses. The GOP will continue to mostly control rural and suburban areas* and have absolutely no control over state politics.

*upstate anyways although some traditional GOP towns are flipping.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know everyone has jobs and family and homes they don't want to leave.

But you are enemy No.1 in New York, you are now a targeted individual.

Your job and your home and your family will all be gone soon anyway if you stay there.

People don't want to admit it, but we are at the end game now.

Even if you manage to keep your job you'll be taxed to death and your purchasing power is being inflated away.

It's true across the country,  but at least in other states you can own body armor and firearms that haven't been neutered beyond recognition.
I'll tell you a secret 87% of NY "Republicans" don't give two shits about ARs and certainly not body armor. They care about taxes, schools, property values. They mostly got vaccinated and were fine with it.

People are fleeing NY mostly over taxes.

Hochul isn't going to round them up (outside of gun dudes) or burn down their houses. The GOP will continue to mostly control rural and suburban areas* and have absolutely no control over state politics.

*upstate anyways although some traditional GOP towns are flipping.

Yeah I guess I knew that.  Mostly talking to the 20 or 30 actual freedom loving Patriots in the state.

Sure,.. you can call yourself a republican and as long as you go along with chi-com takeover they'll allow you to exist.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:47:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That's just a breath away away from, "“Just jump on a cattlecar and head down to the internment camps where you belong, OK?”
View Quote

This is next.
At least I can use this when my mother asks why I'm moving out of state.  "The governor told me to."
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The loss in tax revenue would probably collapse the state. People forget that's baked into the budget.

I agree they should all leave, suddenly and in unison.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#28]
One party doesn't realize the other does not need them at all. They are merely our entertainment.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I left years before asked.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Keep sending the border crossers into nyc.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:48:13 PM EDT
[#31]
All the working folks….?  …she cray, cray….they’d starve and get heatstroke the first week.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:54:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
You mean like the NYers that founded ARFCOM ?
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:58:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shining throne of conservatism
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Where does this nonsense come from?  Democrats own all big tech, all media, make up most of the teachers, and run/work in all these other woke companies but people here keep saying "Democrats don't work".    Do you really think 62% of New York doesn't work?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if the gov gave any thought to what happens when all the producers leave, and there's only takers left?

Sure they work. But what do they actually produce? Leftists don't tend to produce necessary goods.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 1:09:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Ithaca is a liberal shithole, but drive ten minutes in any direction and you'll see Trump flags everywhere for hours until you hit the next decent sized city.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Tammany Hall politicians gonna Tammany Hall.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 1:15:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It's not even conservative by land area when Schumer is running for re-election. He wins almost every county from Montauk to the Canadian border.
View Quote

He’s also the only Democrat that gets a pass on taking money from the Israel lobby, wonder why? Lols.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 1:17:20 PM EDT
[#40]
The true conservative ones are welcome. If they're anything like some of the gun control republican legislators in florida here now then they can stay where they're at.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 1:35:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Would you expect anything less from the “Empire State”?

The name wasn’t a compliment.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#43]
If every registered Republican would leave NY and CA, and disperse to other States, the Electoral College Map would turn solid Red for a century.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 2:06:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's funny how so many people think they know all about NY, but have never spent much time north of I90. I know a lot of NYers that are very much like us and just hate the idea of leaving their state no matter how fucked up the cesspool of the city is.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 2:08:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Lower their population and number of representatives.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 2:09:09 PM EDT
[#46]
We're full!
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#47]
I think we’re starting to see a slow spin up of a war between states.

TX seems their illegal invaders to NY
NY tells Republicans to leave the state
Gavin Newsome starts meddling in FL and TX politics

At some point, a liberal state is going to try and enforce their laws in a conservative state, or a conservative state is going to retaliate, and then things get sporty.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It's funny how so many people think they know all about NY, but have never spent much time north of I90. I know a lot of NYers that are very much like us and just hate the idea of leaving their state no matter how fucked up the cesspool of the city is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, you just confirmed that New Yorkers value familiar surroundings greater than having more freedom in another state. Yes or no?
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#49]
As soon as my kids are out of school.  Peace out.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I wish they would. NY would come to a grinding halt.
View Quote
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top