Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#1]
updates?
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 4:26:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone else having problems with centerfire's website?
View Quote

I haven't tried it but I got an email today or yesterday with phone in specials saying their site was having issues
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like it's back up.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 11:40:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I just put another 100 rounds through the Nano/LDR-9. I had one FTF which set the bullet far enough back in the case that it was no longer safe to fire. Other than that, everything operated flawlessly.

I put some heavy duty grease on the charging handle channel, which apparently the manual recommends (whoops). After I clean it, I'll see if the wear marks have changed. However, if they haven't, that could just mean that it's broken in, so...who knows.

I initially sighted the rifle in at 25 ft (this is for home defense, not target shooting), but wanted to see how well it did at longer ranges. 50 ft was as far as I could go in the range, so I tried 30 rounds unsupported.
http://i.imgur.com/2lgB2dM.jpg

After that, I wanted to work on target acquisition, so I set it at 20 ft and, from low ready, fired single shots as quickly as I could acquire a reasonable sight picture, trying to focus on the target, not the front sight.

http://i.imgur.com/L40zHAq.jpg

I learned a few things from this:

1. Muscle fatigue will significantly slow down acquisition.

2. The grouping is tighter than necessary for "combat accuracy," so I need to work on a better balance of speed and accuracy.

For those keeping score, that's 200 rounds total with one failure.

Link Posted: 6/17/2015 11:50:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh yeah, I stumbled onto an interesting way of releasing the bolt. After I'm done with a mag, I drop it, lock the bolt back, then roll the gun to the left to inspect the chamber. While doing so, I noticed that my thumb was touching the charging handle. Hmm...on the next magazine, instead of charging the rifle with my left hand, I just rolled it again and let my thumb nudge it upward enough to release it. Huh...kinda cool, and it prevents me from inadvertently riding the bolt forward. I don't know that I'll keep doing it this way, but it's intriguing.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I hate this place.  
It's expensive.  
(I just ordered one).

View Quote

And here it is.

Had some stuff laying around.  The only thing I ordered for it was the selector and sights.

Vltor EMOD stock with storage tubes removed.

VZ58 sling ring on the stock

Ergo pistol grip

Ambi selector (I'm a southpaw)

DD knock off fixed sights

Korean 33 rd mag

Magpul AFG

BFG sling cable

Magpul 7 slot polymer rails up front L&R

YHM 5 window Flash Suppressor
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#7]
One annoyance I have with this rifle is the square-edged trigger guard. When I'm changing magazines, and the rifle is supported only by my right hand, that square edge digs into my middle finger. I'm thinking of getting some black Sugru to make an ergonomic edge protector.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Selling mine if anyone is interested, includes PA Reflex and four 33 rd mags

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_93/1449646_.html&page=1
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 3:40:55 PM EDT
[#9]

My E-filed F1 was finally approved.  I swapped the grip, stock, and FF tube and had the barrel chopped and threaded.  It runs pretty good with ball ammo and Korean mags.  I can't get it to run with regular Glock mags or with hollow points yet.  I haven't tried the shim mod that other people have been discussing.
CHRIS

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top