Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/2/2017 2:57:50 PM EDT
http://faithit.com/dance-with-devil-heroin-courta-nicole/?utm_content=buffer05fcf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok. 
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:00:38 PM EDT
[#2]
you won't see anyone complaining about stomach pumps saving people from alcohol

But Sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
If it's on my dime, you're damn straight I'll complain about it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#4]
2nd and 3rd chance to get clean?

you mean 2nd or 3rd chance to get back out there and find that OD dope
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:06:13 PM EDT
[#5]
2nd, 3rd?

Try 5 +
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If it's on my dime, you're damn straight I'll complain about it.
View Quote
So the VA should stop that treatment and just let them die?
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:06:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't see anyone intentionally getting alcohol poisoning because they want a stomach pump.

I don't see anyone demanding airlines start carrying stomach pump equipment on board to deal with drunk losers.

Likewise, I don't see anyone demanding Uber drivers do the same.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:09:12 PM EDT
[#8]
How many actually seize those opportunities of a chance to get clean?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:10:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't see anyone intentionally getting alcohol poisoning because they want a stomach pump.

I don't see anyone demanding airlines start carrying stomach pump equipment on board to deal with drunk losers.

Likewise, I don't see anyone demanding Uber drivers do the same.
View Quote
Because it is a large piece of medical equipment and not a little bottle of nasal spray.

What would happen to an Uber driver who did not take an unconscious alcohol overdose victim to the ER? Or to the airline pilot who did not make an emergency landing in that case?
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Ideologically, I disagree with using Narcam. As a fire fighter, I am charged with and enjoy saving people. Two worlds collide and all that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Because it is a large piece of medical equipment and not a little bottle of nasal spray.

What would happen to an Uber driver who did not take an unconscious alcohol overdose victim to the ER? Or to the airline pilot who did not make an emergency landing in that case?
View Quote
They can keep the Narcan at the hospital next to the stomach pump. If the junkie manages to stay alive long enough to get there then they can get it (and pay for it). Stop telling others they need to be equipped with the shit needed to prevent losers from Darwining themselves.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Stop telling others they need to be equipped with the shit needed to prevent losers from Darwining themselves.
View Quote
Maybe you could show where I said that, or stop putting words in my mouth
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:22:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't get the deal at all. They had a chance to say no before the first try. What do you see before becomming an addict that makes you think "this will be great to try", when everyone on the shit is washed up at 25, if not dead.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:22:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ideologically, I disagree with using Narcam. As a fire fighter, I am charged with and enjoy saving people. Two worlds collide and all that.
View Quote
Ever had folks you've administered it too come unglued, pissed and wanna fight 'cause you killed their high?

Seen it a bunch of times!
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Insulin saves fatties from dieting.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Maybe you could show where I said that, or stop putting words in my mouth
View Quote
The post of mine you replied to was talking about exactly that. If you didn't want to discuss it you should have left well enough alone.

Narcan is just the latest entitlement to pander to degenerates. Municipalities will be mandating it be hung on the walls next to the AEDs before too long.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:24:01 PM EDT
[#17]
It has been my experience that if narcan isn't used the person is very unlikely to use again. How much cleaner can you get?
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:26:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
2nd, 3rd?

Try 5 +
View Quote
Local ambulance has narcan'd the same person 6 times in one week.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm sure he'll get clean, turn his life around, and discover the cure for cancer in the coming years. Surely he won't just continue to be a troublesome burden on the same society that insists on keeping him alive.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Ever had folks you've administered it too come unglued, pissed and wanna fight 'cause you killed their high?

View Quote
Just had this happen Tuesday.  Took 5 RN and Paramedics to hold shitbag down until we could K-hole and restrain him.  He managed to spit in the face of one of the paramedics too.  The worthless fuck was demanding to be AMA'ed hours later so he could find more drugs.  

"It's my choice!" - shitbag druggie

Personally, I'd be fine with them living with the consequences of their choice versus us wasting time and money that could be better spent on legitimate patients.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
The big break will come when that same rescue is on another call or transporting someone else to the ER!

And the next due rescue has a longer response time!
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Just had this happen Tuesday.  Took 5 RN and Paramedics to hold shitbag down until we could K-hole and restrain him.  He managed to spit in the face of one of the paramedics too.  The worthless fuck was demanding to be AMA'ed hours later so he could find more drugs.  

"It's my choice!" - shitbag druggie

Personally, I'd be fine with them living with the consequences of their choice versus us wasting time and money that could be better spent on legitimate patients.
View Quote
Ahhhhhhhhh Yea! I've watched the sheriffs office "do work" many a times on folks we've given Narcan too on scene....

But hey! We'll make this shit available at the local CVS pharmacy!

Let the average layperson sitting next to the junky on the couch get their ass beat for awhile!
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:36:00 PM EDT
[#23]
It should be the most expensive product in the world so that no one can afford it, not even gov't, LEOs, EMS, fire, etc can afford it so that the problem can fix itself.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:46:04 PM EDT
[#24]
you say nobody thats every been narcaned has stayed clean? I call bullshit
the .gov wants to throw billions at people that wont stay clean??
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
http://faithit.com/dance-with-devil-heroin-courta-nicole/?utm_content=buffer05fcf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
View Quote

LOL!

It's the 20th and 30th chances that are concerning...
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:50:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

LOL!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!

if thats what it takes. .gov is willing to throw billions $$$$ at it
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:52:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Uncomfortable truth.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Is pumping someone's stomach causing local government to go bankrupt?

Narcan is getting very expensive for small communities that are dealing with the Heroin problem.

Other costs associated with heroin are becoming a problem as well..

Ambulance
Trained individuals to go from call to call
The dispatcher
First responders

Of course, this all takes TIME..which can never be replaced. Once it's gone, it's gone.

Not to mention other calls that go unanswered or are delayed because of heroin.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
How many cops are being told they have to give insulin to fat people?
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not on the field.  (Jay Cutler joke)
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pretty sure all the holy people died, too.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Is pumping someone's stomach causing local government to go bankrupt?

Narcan is getting very expensive for small communities that are dealing with the Heroin problem.

Other costs associated with heroin are becoming a problem as well..

Ambulance
Trained individuals to go from call to call
The dispatcher
First responders

Of course, this all takes TIME..which can never be replaced. Once it's gone, it's gone.

Not to mention other calls that go unanswered or are delayed because of heroin.
View Quote
so lets not save somebody that we know we can save, who might be able to rebound and live as a productive member of society
We take drunks to detox or the tank
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

How many cops are being told they have to give insulin to fat people?
View Quote
Fatties require more medical calls and ambulance rides than junkies.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:11:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Cite?
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The big break will come when that same rescue is on another call or transporting someone else to the ER!

And the next due rescue has a longer response time!
View Quote
Local vollie department.  If he decides he needs to get high when everyone is out on a crash or something he'll be waiting a half hour for another ambo to come from out of town.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
you say nobody thats every been narcaned has stayed clean? I call bullshit
the .gov wants to throw billions at people that wont stay clean??
View Quote
That's not what anyone has said.

Have you dealt with the government at all?
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:23:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

so lets not save somebody that we know we can save, who might be able to rebound and live as a productive member of society
We take drunks to detox or the tank
View Quote
Who pays for it?

If a local church wants to fund near an runs..then by all means...if we are going to crush local communities with the cost..then no thanks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
How many cops are being told to give insulin to fatties?
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:25:16 PM EDT
[#39]
What if I don't want them to have a second or third chance?
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#40]
...and it literally bankrupting thousands of small and medium EMS budgets as they give addicts their 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th..... dose in the span of 6 months.

If you want to die that badly - then die.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Pretty sure all the holy people died, too.
View Quote
If anyone claims to be free of sin, then the truth is not in them
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:27:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a relative that is an EMS station chief.  He sees it all the time.  Usually the 'frequent fliers'.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:28:56 PM EDT
[#43]
You're forgetting the 3 or 4 rehabs we're sending them to at a non-refundable $1000 a day in order to avoid incarcerating them
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
...and it literally bankrupting thousands of small and medium EMS budgets as they give addicts their 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th..... dose in the span of 6 months.

If you want to die that badly - then die.
View Quote
Ain't that the truth... FDs/EMS agencies have to buy their drugs (at least in my area) from 'approved vendors'.... guess what?  Narcan ain't $20 like it is over the counter at CVS for the FD... if they're lucky they only spend $75 on it.... and then the junkie never has insurance and doesn't pay the bill (if they get sent one) so the community suffers as the agency is forced to eat that drug cost in their budget.   Not to mention that with the synthetics coming through (fentanyl and such) those same dead junkies now need multiple doses... the 2mg nasal doesn't cut it anymore on a large portion of ODs... 8mg isn't uncommon, so figure $300 for that one OD in narcan alone.  I've seen some that have required more than 20mg to come up enough to breathe on their own ($1500+)... then the hospital bills with IV narcan drips to keep em alive until the drugs metabolize out.

In my area it isn't unusual for a squad to respond to 5 or 6 ODs a day... that adds up fast.  Agency right where I live had to run a squad 2 years past scheduled replacement... junkies were using up so much narcan that the budget to replace the squad was going into their useless fucking noses/veins.

So increased taxes to cover the drug cost... or less services as the FDs are forced to spend more and more money and time 'saving' those who are showing their asses to Darwin.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
If it's so convenient, the druggies should just get their own.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
That's not what anyone has said.

Have you dealt with the government at all?
View Quote
sure have, worked for them too and I did my job

so who lives and who dies...how many narcans are ok??
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If it's so convenient, the druggies should just get their own.
View Quote
they do. Its handed out for free in some places by the government.

Druggies know to use it, if someone goes stiff and starts falling over

Narcan is like Amazon Prime for repeat customers of CIA imported afgan heroin and that's why the government is not going to stop it

I have met people on their 2nd chance out soul winning. In these cases Narcan is letting them hear the gospel. The government means it for evil but God can use it for good.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Ain't that the truth... FDs/EMS agencies have to buy their drugs (at least in my area) from 'approved vendors'.... guess what?  Narcan ain't $20 like it is over the counter at CVS for the FD... if they're lucky they only spend $75 on it.... and then the junkie never has insurance and doesn't pay the bill (if they get sent one) so the community suffers as the agency is forced to eat that drug cost in their budget.   Not to mention that with the synthetics coming through (fentanyl and such) those same dead junkies now need multiple doses... the 2mg nasal doesn't cut it anymore on a large portion of ODs... 8mg isn't uncommon, so figure $300 for that one OD in narcan alone.  I've seen some that have required more than 20mg to come up enough to breathe on their own ($1500+)... then the hospital bills with IV narcan drips to keep em alive until the drugs metabolize out.

In my area it isn't unusual for a squad to respond to 5 or 6 ODs a day... that adds up fast.  Agency right where I live had to run a squad 2 years past scheduled replacement... junkies were using up so much narcan that the budget to replace the squad was going into their useless fucking noses/veins.

So increased taxes to cover the drug cost... or less services as the FDs are forced to spend more and more money and time 'saving' those who are showing their asses to Darwin.
View Quote
There is apparently a city nearby that hands Narcan out to addicts etc.  One of the FD guys went to get a few doses for the rigs (this was a couple years ago before it was super widespread) and they told him they wouldn't provide it to the FD like that.

So he went back a few days later on his off time and snagged a dose.  Then they called his chief and reported a FF that had a heroin problem. 
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:38:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have never heard of one being used for alcohol.

But the real result of Narcan is that Heroin users will be able to use more and still not die.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#50]
It's pretty obvious there are two people in this thread that don't deal with junkies.

My dept is going to make us start toting narcan in the near future...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top