User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 11:50:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nations arise from cultures, not the other way around.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There was some awesome CSPAN panel video posted in GD maybe a year or two ago about a guy explaining that foreign policy is rapidly changing and devolving into groups and interests not nations.

You have terrorist groups, religious groups, anti abortion groups, BLM, etc. etc. its all becoming increasingly fragmented, yet are all causes people are willing to fight for.

I think that observation is spot on and you can see it happening before your eyes.

Nations arise from cultures, not the other way around.

1st nation movement is pretty strong among American Indians who still refer to various groups of tribes as "nations"
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 11:54:14 PM EDT
[#2]
OP, I am a god fearing man.

You lost me as soon as you mentioned 'pastor'

Sorry, but I gave up on snot nosed punks looking for an easy way out of actually working for a living to become pastors.
Never saw one who didn't take the word of the book and twist it to suit anything but his own agenda,  which is usually greed an sex.

I will take my beliefs to my last day, and what lays beyond that is not something that will be dictated to me by a scammer.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 11:56:45 PM EDT
[#3]
DT, sorry
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 1:12:48 AM EDT
[#4]

As trump would tell the trumpsters, "This time it's going to be HUUUUUUUGE"
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 3:23:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We're a victim of our own success.

I honestly believe that, barring a planet killer asteroid or looking down the barrel of a gamma ray burst, there will be human beings kicking around, possibly in some post apocalyptic wasteland, for thousands of years after both you and I are dead.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
These are general statements that have applied throughout the entirety of human history, before, during and after they were said/written.

At no point did these talks of wars, disease, and famine not hold true SOMEWHERE in the world.  

Yes, but we're hitting an actual wall with no place else to go. Back 200 years ago we didn't have that problem. All it takes is one person with a lot of power to bring it all down. Saying otherwise is living in a fantasy land.
We're a victim of our own success.

I honestly believe that, barring a planet killer asteroid or looking down the barrel of a gamma ray burst, there will be human beings kicking around, possibly in some post apocalyptic wasteland, for thousands of years after both you and I are dead.

I wouldn't doubt that. I also don't doubt there will be a World War 3. I also believe it's going to happen sooner rather than later. How soon? Nobody knows, but it will happen. Man grows tired of drink, women, and music before he grows tired of war. That's human nature.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Christians must have thought the same thing during the migration era.

This isn't new.  People have been saying the same thing about the same kind of situation for centuries.
View Quote

The difference, however, is that in our modern society we may have had differences and different groups, a lid was kept on it.  The differences and agitations were kept under control and though there were divisive matters, it did not divide as much.  Today, the balkanization of society is occurring very rapidly and the fractured pieces far more prominent.  Many societies were mainly homogenous or had a dominant culture keeping the lid on things.  That control is a homogenous society or a powerful dominant group.  That has been given up and destroyed in America and in Europe by the dominant groups fracturing or seeking control.  The genie is out of the bottle and I think we are screwed.  The inmates are now running the asylum.  We are becoming more like an African country that what America was and was intended to be.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The difference, however, is that in our modern society we may have had differences and different groups, a lid was kept on it.  The differences and agitations were kept under control and though there were divisive matters, it did not divide as much.  Today, the balkanization of society is occurring very rapidly and the fractured pieces far more prominent.  Many societies were mainly homogenous or had a dominant culture keeping the lid on things.  That control is a homogenous society or a powerful dominant group.  That has been given up and destroyed in America and in Europe by the dominant groups fracturing or seeking control.  The genie is out of the bottle and I think we are screwed.  The inmates are now running the asylum.  We are becoming more like an African country that what America was and was intended to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Christians must have thought the same thing during the migration era.

This isn't new.  People have been saying the same thing about the same kind of situation for centuries.

The lesson future generations will take away from our fall, whenever that comes (and it will come), is that homogeneity was a lot more important than we wanted to admit.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top