BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 10:49:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When we used to do field ops in the woods I was always amazed how MARPAT disappeared, I could barely see the other Marines in the patrol.
Which was the woods at Camp Lejeune if that matters. And the coyote flaks did really well also, coyote is impressive at blending in for being a solid color.
View Quote

There's also a big difference in 'I'm a boot coyote' and 'my gear is salty coyote.'

Give it some sun, sweat, several shades of mud.. it blends in pretty well. It's not perfect, but for gear intended to be worn in all terrains it does a good job of blending in. Especially adding in local dirt shades and vegetation touches to suit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Oddly enough once the woodlands get some decent salt and start showing their age they fade out to quite a bit lighter like those navy colors.

Having sets of different age and wear can be handy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 10:52:31 PM EDT
[#3]
OP needs to look at Brent's YT channel.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 10:57:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
best camo is being naked covered in the blood of your enemies you killed with your tube sock Mace
View Quote

You forgot the blue woad on your head and chest.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/76/9c/62/769c629b10a05472563ef5a50e767a85.jpg
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 10:57:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I love mixing m81 woodland, marpat woodland, marpat desert, and coyote.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 10:59:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 11:01:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Oddly enough once the woodlands get some decent salt and start showing their age they fade out to quite a bit lighter like those navy colors.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

See my post on the previous page.

My friend had a set of salty deserts that could have been used for Bridgeport snow training.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 11:03:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My friend had a set of salty deserts that could have been used for Bridgeport snow training.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even the average desert digi does ok in the snow
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 7:13:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

DId it take into account fabric types and detergents?
View Quote

I'm really not sure.

If I can remember right, both unwashed and washed performed about the same. I don't think Tide or anything with a brightener was used.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 7:20:19 AM EDT
[#10]
M81 Woodland is God’s Plaid
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#11]
There sure is my brother. Man I miss calling people boots.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There's also a big difference in 'I'm a boot coyote' and 'my gear is salty coyote.'

Give it some sun, sweat, several shades of mud.. it blends in pretty well. It's not perfect, but for gear intended to be worn in all terrains it does a good job of blending in. Especially adding in local dirt shades and vegetation touches to suit.
View Quote

Sorry, meant to qoute this.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The official reasons “to hide stains and tears”.

$2.5 million of your tax dollars for research on a bullshit pattern that made no sense. COTS navy blue BDUs would have been a better choice.

Someone lined their damn pockets with $ and the yes men went along with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:I never understood the point of that uniform.

The official reasons “to hide stains and tears”.

$2.5 million of your tax dollars for research on a bullshit pattern that made no sense. COTS navy blue BDUs would have been a better choice.

Someone lined their damn pockets with $ and the yes men went along with it.
I think there were good intentions, someone in USN recruiting pointed out that the prisoner/janitor uniforms weren't a good "go be a badass" look to high school kids. The NWU did still manage to fuck that up, but at least they tried.

The type II/III NWUs are pretty good for what they are though. My opinion.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 1:56:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 1:59:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 2:17:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I think the camo the Navy started using when I got out is the best. It really helps you blend in with the water if you fall overboard.
View Quote

Fuck Terry Scott for foisting that abomination on us.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I like the way they issued AOR2 (guacs) to everyone because everyone one wants to be a SEAL (until it’s time to do SEAL shit).
View Quote

Navy has its priorities straight…. Not!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top