Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:55:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it an Ohio thing to call the shoulder a berm?
View Quote

I was confused too and looked up the definition. It's a regionalism.

#4 "Chiefly Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. the bank of a canal or the shoulder of a road."
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:56:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Squid is a new term to me

Learn something new everyday
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those aren’t “bikers”, they are squids.

Squid is a new term to me

Learn something new everyday

Harley riders used to be referred to as squids because ink and oil slicks.
They passed the baton off to crotch rocket riders once South Park gave them (successfully) a new tag.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:56:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Marines (always capitalized) are JARHEADS!

Sailors are squids.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:59:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, it is where they take non compliers and line them up and shoot them.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:59:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If they were, and the LEOS can prove it, then yes they do deserve tickets within the law

The LEOS being unprofessional is never ok. IMO

The first LEO taking the keys is never OK.  Do not touch my property.  Get a warrant.
View Quote

lol wow.

You may need to go back to law school for a few refresher courses.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:00:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Bikers probably were driving crazy but Ohio highway patrol are the biggest dicks in law enforcement bar none.

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:02:38 AM EDT
[#7]

For the millionth time...this is why people hate cops.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:04:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Junior Brown "Highway Patrol" \u200c\u200c - Bohemia Afterdark
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:06:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ohio highway patrol are the biggest dicks in law enforcement bar none.

View Quote

This is worth repeating, they worked hard to earn their reputation
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:08:35 AM EDT
[#10]
WTF is "Wreckless Operation"?

Is that we operated the bikes, but didn't wreck?

Could they have towed them? Sure. OSHP can figure out a reason to fuck with you if they really want to. They were probably bluffing to try to get the name of the guy who hauled ass, probably at high speed, which probably would piss them off. Never seen a Trooper that worked up, personally, so I wonder what exactly out hero here is downplaying.

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:10:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

For the millionth time...this is why people hate cops.
View Quote

For pulling over reckless motorcyclists? That's generally something most people approve of.

And on odd numbered days, tongue lashings over tickets are preferred because "that's how they did it in the good old days". On even days it's the opposite because the stinkin pigs shouldn't be able to pull you over without a signed arrest warrant or tsoe your keys without clearing it with the state supreme court. Just depends where on the cycle GD is.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:16:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's no exaggeration
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:23:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Taking the keys ?  
View Quote

When I rode, I had an extra key incase I "lost" one.

Not so much because of the fuzz taking them.

We would be at a red light and grab our buddies key out of the ignition and throw them as the light turned green.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:30:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems like a reputation given to them by people who never dealt with small town cops on a regular basis.

In all my experiences with law enforcement, I've never seen a trooper that was near as big a dick as some of the power tripping town and township cops.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:34:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

In Ohio, the attitude is just a smidgen different (lol), and I believe that the jurisdiction for OSP is less broad than for most state police forces.

@Ohio can clarify this for us.

View Quote

It's the "Ohio State HIGHWAY Patrol". The limitations rankle them to death; they want to be state police and can't. So they are very aggressive and proprietary about "their" roads.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:37:55 AM EDT
[#16]

"Wreckless" operation is preferred, actually.
Reckless, not so much.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:38:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

We call it a berm or shoulder.  Brits call it a verge.  Whatever works.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:45:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Been riding long?

Deal with cops much?

I got news for ya:

If they were splitting traffic and passing on the shoulder they were getting tickets no matter what.

Don't ride like a douche and you won't have to deal with cops.

It's amazingly simple
View Quote

This includes, but not limited to, your legal given name is Chad, Chaz, or Chazdethorn, or wearing white sunglasses or white watch, or your ride is a Harley.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:52:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Feels are irrelevant, thankfully we still live in a Republic. As I understand the law is that an officer can lie to you about anything and everything but if you are not 101% factually correct with everything you say you can be charged and arrested.
View Quote

No. You can lie to the police till the cows come home. It could be used as RS/PC or evidence, but it’s not illegal to lie to police. Otherwise there would be a million people in jail who were actually wearing their own pants and not someone else’s.

You can be charged by the FEDS for lying, not police.

You can not lie under oath
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:08:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Does the state employee own the state road that is maintained and regulated by the state?

It is a trade.....

You don't want a ticket- tell me who your friend is that ran away. Seems pretty simple.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the bikers were breaking the law then write tickets.  My whole point is that cops made some assumptions and IMO didn't know anything.  It is not up the the CITIZEN to do the investigation for the cops,  The LEOs seem to have delusions that may need to be looked into.  Does the raging cop really own the interstate?

Does the state employee own the state road that is maintained and regulated by the state?

It is a trade.....

You don't want a ticket- tell me who your friend is that ran away. Seems pretty simple.

Um, no.  It's not my job to do your job.  I stated I do not know that person, end of story.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:10:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Um, no.  It's not my job to do your job.  I stated I do not know that person, end of story.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the bikers were breaking the law then write tickets.  My whole point is that cops made some assumptions and IMO didn't know anything.  It is not up the the CITIZEN to do the investigation for the cops,  The LEOs seem to have delusions that may need to be looked into.  Does the raging cop really own the interstate?

It is a trade.....

As if he wouldn’t have written the ticket anyway!
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:29:03 AM EDT
[#22]
This is Ohio right?  Cops in NY state in my experience are generally the most unsafe morons.

Every other state: Pull over someplace safe so we don't get run over.

NY Cops: Pull over the second you see the lights even if it's in the middle of a narrow road blocking traffic; if you don't there's a 50/50 chance I'm gonna become a foaming at the mouth lunatic.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:37:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Wish we had a road captain to sort out this mess.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:38:59 AM EDT
[#24]
didn't watch, would it be when assholes collide? bikers always seem to be looking for trouble when they have their gopros on their helmets
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:40:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Cops get emotional too. Probably got tired of peeling some squid out of the back of a minivan while the parents wonder how much therapy the kids that were in the back seat will need. Or dealing with the car fire that burned the college girl alive when she got cut off or side swiped freaked out and crashed while the biker runs. Or when the biker misses the exit and tries to take the turn anyway at 130mph skids, flips and get cut in half by a tree. I don’t even work the highway and that’s just a small sample.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:42:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
"We" were here first. Anyone with a memory knows that.
[u]I thought a squid was marine[u] @Houlagan72
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like your squid buddies were riding like douchebags.

Splitting traffic and passing on the shoulder

Y u mad bro?

Yep. Dumb fucking squids make the rest of us look bad. If you're going to ride like an idiot, you should be prepared to pay the piper.
"We" were here first. Anyone with a memory knows that.
[u]I thought a squid was marine[u] @Houlagan72

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:52:58 AM EDT
[#27]
that last cop is gonna pop a vein.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Not seeing a problem. Call me a bootlicker.

Oh they said they didn’t really know him? Ok! Well guess I’d better take their word at it!

They made a YouTube video that doesn’t show any of their reckless operation or fleeing but only when they finally stop for police? Ok! I guess I’d better take their word at it.
View Quote

If they were the ones being reckless then why do they seem to only want the one guy that took off?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:05:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
3:09 The second LEO states that the bikers almost caused fatal crashes on his "god damn interstate"  This is where I think the LEO is delusional and needs to be suspended pending a psychological review.  Does he think that he owns the interstate.  Either he is on a power trip and confused or he does think that he owns the interstate.  Either way it is concerning that he has the power of arrest and has a badge.  I think he has periods of rage and delusions,  Not good for any LEO, IMO.  This is the most concerning to me.  From my research, I thought that the interstates were owned by the states and feds.  If the LEO does own the interstate, can anyone buy a part of it?
View Quote

Have you never seen many bodycams before? You've never seen a cop take ownership of their area before?

Yes they absolutely do believe they own their "territory", highway troopers absolutely believe its "their highway" . City cops believe its "their city"

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:15:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Nazi state troopers are an OH specialty....
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:18:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Do I doubt they were riding like idiots? Not really.
Can the police prove they were riding dangerously? Almost 100% chance they can't.

Cops are ass holes in this situation. Likely the bikers are too.

A few weeks or months ago a guy got arrested for doing 180+ down a highway because he recorded himself putting his helmet on, doing the deed and getting home, taking the helmet off, and then he uploaded it to the internet.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:20:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Can the cops write based on a phone call only? Would they have to witness the infractions, or have other evidence of the infractions, to be able to write the tickets (or to have the charges stick in court)?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:21:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Yutes needing authority.  Yutes found it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:46:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
didn't watch, would it be when assholes collide? bikers always seem to be looking for trouble when they have their gopros on their helmets
View Quote

It may have been at one point but it's much more common now to have proof after an accident. Essentially a body cam because drivers can look directly at a motorcycle and still pull out in front of them or push them off the road because "I didn't see you"
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:47:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Can the cops write based on a phone call only? Would they have to witness the infractions, or have other evidence of the infractions, to be able to write the tickets (or to have the charges stick in court)?
View Quote

That's going to involve state law. In my state to make a warrantless arrest/charge for a misdemeanor, it has to be committed in the officer's presence. Or if they think they have enough evidence for probable cause, they can get a judge to issue an arrest warrant for something they didn't personally observe. I have personally tried and beaten reckless driving charges based off a phone call, for this same reason.

There also could be federal 4th amendment issues with detaining someone, as well as arresting someone, based off a phone call. But that's getting into the weeds. And also involves state law for the PC determination.

That being said, I love this footage.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:48:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Citation and no towed bikes? They got off easy. From the looks of it, they were being assholes to other motorists, fuck them. Fucking biker vloggers.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:49:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Seems like a reputation given to them by people who never dealt with small town cops on a regular basis.

In all my experiences with law enforcement, I've never seen a trooper that was near as big a dick as some of the power tripping town and township cops.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair enough, the city I live in is pretty small but has a decent size police department with helpful officers. Our County Sheriff and his deputies are downright awesome as well. The community supports both departments.

We did have overzealous policing like you mention in a village a little north of here called South Bloomfield. They would write tickets for loose license plate bolts. But after New Rome was dissolved by the legislature for similar shenanigans they started to behave.

The worst LEO in our county is the Highway Patrol. Had two patrolmen living in our neighborhood for a few years. They were the only neighbors who wouldn’t waive when you drove by. They just stared.

I have received a ticket for one mile over the speed limit from the patrol. Officer acted similar to the one in the video, loud voice, accusatory questions (why were you putting other lives at risk by doing 56 in a 55?). Just generally rude power tripping jerks.

They earned the reputation. At least in my area.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:50:53 AM EDT
[#38]
If it is his interstate, I guarantee you I can find some work for him fixing it up in several spots.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Marines (always capitalized) are JARHEADS!

Sailors are squids.
View Quote

I thought squids were a lower form of Marine life.

Now back to the thread,  

1.  Officer #1 was okay in his behavior and did make some effort to downplay the reaction of Officer #2
2.  Collecting the keys is reasonable to me. It beats cuffing all 4 motorcycle drivers.
3.  Never make a threat you are not prepared to make happen. (Officer #2)
4.  Officer #2 was so emotionally invested that I would have relived him of duty on the side of the road and sent him home for the day. Anger management training, deescalation training, human relations training, and a physiological evaluation would be in his immediate future.
5. I would have written all 4 an expensive but well deserved ticket and sent them on their way.

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#40]
good for these cops...I cant stand you rice rocket aholes that drive in between cars...if I could get away with it I would open the door on your punk asses
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:12:47 AM EDT
[#41]
If it hasn't been said already - needs more hickory shampoo
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:23:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If it hasn't been said already - needs more hickory shampoo
View Quote

In this case, pencil whipping them would be most effective. If the officers could prove that the bikes were being operated in such a fashion that it was most likely they would have been a continued threat to public safety, then impound the bikes.  If not, see you in court ass holes; oh, don’t  forget to bring lots of cash as the court doesn’t take personal checks or credit cards.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:26:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The one trooper even said multiple people called them in.
View Quote

I guess we should just take the cops word. It's not like they ever lie.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Youtube suggested this as a related video.

I blindsided you and knocked you off your bike because I don't like the way your license plate is mounted.

Cop KNOCKS Biker Off His Motorcycle! - Bikes VS Cops #65
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#45]
I mean if one of the multiple callers.... stayed on the line, provided a description of either one of both or whatever, striped helmet, blue bike and green bike, yellow wheels, plate numbers, the number of rice rocket douchebags in the observed group. They could make a pretty decent guess with all of the above info
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Bikers probably were driving crazy but Ohio highway patrol are the biggest dicks in law enforcement bar none.

View Quote

Straight-arrow hardass dicks? Yeah, that's what I heard. If you're OSHP and get pulled over in Michigan, you don't want them to know you're OSHP because they'll write you for stuff they'd warn a noncop for, because even MSP thinks OSHP are dicks.

For felonious dicks, see thecivilrightslawyer.com for West Virginia videos.

Prosecutor Requests Dismissal of Charges Against Off-Duty Officer - But Why?

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:43:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Youtube suggested this as a related video.

I blindsided you and knocked you off your bike because I don't like the way your license plate is mounted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnNMK_4WBC8
View Quote

The only correct response from the rider should have been “ow my leg, my wrist, my neck.”
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:47:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Tastes pretty good. It’s the high gloss kiwi flavor.

What’s it like wanting to live in a third world South American shithole with no traffic laws?
View Quote

Having lived in a "third world South American shithole with no traffic laws", I guess I can touch on this.

Far less wrecks and people paying far more attention to their driving

Nobody eating in their car.

Nobody on their phone

Everybody paying 100% attention to their driving because if you didn't you would get pushed off the road

Yeah, you know what, I actually prefer it

But I know I know, we have to keep lowlifes like the police in this video employed because god knows no private sector would hire morons like that.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That's going to involve state law. In my state to make a warrantless arrest/charge for a misdemeanor, it has to be committed in the officer's presence. Or if they think they have enough evidence for probable cause, they can get a judge to issue an arrest warrant for something they didn't personally observe. I have personally tried and beaten reckless driving charges based off a phone call, for this same reason.

There also could be federal 4th amendment issues with detaining someone, as well as arresting someone, based off a phone call. But that's getting into the weeds. And also involves state law for the PC determination.

That being said, I love this footage.
View Quote

Thanks, love your yt channel!
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Having lived in a "third world South American shithole with no traffic laws", I guess I can touch on this.

Nobody on their phone

Everybody paying 100% attention to their driving because if you didn't you would get pushed off the road

But I know I know, we have to keep lowlifes like the police in this video employed because god knows no private sector would hire morons like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tastes pretty good. It’s the high gloss kiwi flavor.

What’s it like wanting to live in a third world South American shithole with no traffic laws?

Nobody on their phone

I always wondered this, watching those dash cams of crazy cities in India, you got bikes racing around cars, trucks, cars and it all sort of seems to work and flow, surprised there isn't a crash every second
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top