Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:41:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Squids
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It might be PTSD but it looks to me like a drill sergeant act he was putting on to scare the squids into giving up the other rider.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If his PTSD (which is what you are describing) is so bad that he can no longer respond to simple traffic infractions without losing his bearing, he needs to find another, less stressful, line of work.

It might be PTSD but it looks to me like a drill sergeant act he was putting on to scare the squids into giving up the other rider.

By asking for something likely impossible for the riders to accomplish he made himself look foolish rather than in charge.  At the same time he is YouTube famous and harms the credibility of other officers.  Good police work.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:05:28 PM EDT
[#3]
People are missing the important facts.  Im 99% positive the squids did stupid shit.  I'm 100% positive the Leos are supposed to be fucking professional regardless of what the guys on bikes did.

It's worse because they didn't witness it and are going on statements from the public.  The average person in public is fucking retarded.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Good for them seeing all this stuff.  If they can't handle the emotions then find another job.  The next person that the emotional LEO pulls over doesn't care.  That LEO needs to act professional at every encounter.  If the cop can't do the job then quit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cops get emotional too. Probably got tired of peeling some squid out of the back of a minivan while the parents wonder how much therapy the kids that were in the back seat will need. Or dealing with the car fire that burned the college girl alive when she got cut off or side swiped freaked out and crashed while the biker runs. Or when the biker misses the exit and tries to take the turn anyway at 130mph skids, flips and get cut in half by a tree. I don’t even work the highway and that’s just a small sample.

Good for them seeing all this stuff.  If they can't handle the emotions then find another job.  The next person that the emotional LEO pulls over doesn't care.  That LEO needs to act professional at every encounter.  If the cop can't do the job then quit.

Way to completely miss the point.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 3:12:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cops get emotional too. Probably got tired of peeling some squid out of the back of a minivan while the parents wonder how much therapy the kids that were in the back seat will need. Or dealing with the car fire that burned the college girl alive when she got cut off or side swiped freaked out and crashed while the biker runs. Or when the biker misses the exit and tries to take the turn anyway at 130mph skids, flips and get cut in half by a tree. I don’t even work the highway and that’s just a small sample.

OK then,  What is the point,  I do miss stuff
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 3:40:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Ahhh....the good ole days!!! I dunno what department these cops were from, or even what state, but could we keep them on speed-dial and sub-contract them out as deputies to Antifa & BLM "demonstrations"??  Seems they're on a lot of sugar with excess energy that can be put to good use. I kinda miss the good times like when the Amish rioted and got a good ass kicking with tear-gas, baton swinging, and open paddy-wagons.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 7:34:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

By asking for something likely impossible for the riders to accomplish he made himself look foolish rather than in charge.  At the same time he is YouTube famous and harms the credibility of other officers.  Good police work.  
View Quote

While his style (once fairly normal) may not be popular, asking such questions is literally one of the things cops do.

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

While his style (once fairly normal) may not be popular, asking such questions is literally one of the things cops do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Threatening people to do impossible tasks is good police work?

I guess it worked for Officer Brailsford.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And people wonder why bikers run from cops. Every one of those bikes is easily capable of outrunning that Tahoe. Cop knew it too.
View Quote

Please run.  World needs more organ donors.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:04:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I guess it worked for Officer Trooper Brailsford.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:07:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Asking for the lead/info/location… is policing 101.

Seriously, I get that you hate the way he did it. But who doesn’t know that cops try to get the goods?   The fact that someone might honestly not know the answer doesn’t change that.

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:12:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Seriously, I get that you hate the way he did it. But who doesn’t know that cops try to get the goods?   The fact that someone might honestly not know the answer doesn’t change that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Asking.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:22:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Asking.  
View Quote

If a cop has the lawful ability to take action (and has discretion not to take that action) in most cases there is nothing wrong with threatening them with that action in order to get lawful information or a lawful action.

Upon seeing someone litter. “Hey, pick that up or I’ll give you a ticket….” (Most people would be thankful for the warning, even if they must now do something the cop said)

Upon seeing a drug deal, you arrest the user and the dealer runs. “Hey, if you don’t tell me who that is, you are going in for all the charges I have you on…”.  There is a good chance the person doesn’t know who the dealer is. And booking him on the charges is lawful,  and in many cases, so would be not booking him on all the charges.  If he doesn’t know, or doesn’t tell me, sucks for him.

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:34:07 PM EDT
[#14]
This video (the original) is several years old.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If a cop has the lawful ability to take action (and has discretion not to take that action) in most cases there is nothing wrong with threatening them with that action in order to get lawful information or a lawful action.

Upon seeing someone litter. “Hey, pick that up or I’ll give you a ticket….” (Most people would be thankful for the warning, even if they must now do something the cop said)

Upon seeing a drug deal, you arrest the user and the dealer runs. “Hey, if you don’t tell me who that is, you are going in for all the charges I have you on…”.  There is a good chance the person doesn’t know who the dealer is. And booking him on the charges is lawful,  and in many cases, so would be not booking him on all the charges.  If he doesn’t know, or doesn’t tell me, sucks for him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Asking.  

I guess some people appreciate a clown.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I guess some people appreciate a clown.
View Quote

I am telling you how it works and you are expressing how much you hate it.

So there we are.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 9:33:32 AM EDT
[#17]
We need social workers to deal with assholes on motorcycles driving crazy.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top