BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We don't, the fleeing suspect does. We call it off when the traffic or roadway becomes a threat to us and the public.

Speed itself isn't a reason to terminate a pursuit. The totality of the situation needs to be assessed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got mixed feelings on a police chase that goes 150+ mph when the only known reason the cops are chasing is for traffic.
Disagree.

The individual is committing felony evading in front of you. Its our job to stop felonious activity.
Attempt to stop the felonious act by putting many more people in danger than by doing nothing. Seems pretty fucking stupid to me.
We don't, the fleeing suspect does. We call it off when the traffic or roadway becomes a threat to us and the public.

Speed itself isn't a reason to terminate a pursuit. The totality of the situation needs to be assessed.
You're either new to the police gig, or work for a small department with little public oversight.
Or both.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You would think that if your carrying a large amount of illegal herbal product that you would not go around and attract the attention of the POLICE'
View Quote
If LivePD has taught me anything it's that you are required to speed with your taillights out and with tint darker than a lunar eclipse on a cloudy night through stop signs at all times when ferrying drugs.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Wrong
View Quote
My 95 has pulled over 135-140 on 3.73 gears in over drive with nothing but a cam swap and exhaust/cold air intake changes.

Based on it's ET for the 1/4mile it is maybe doing 220-240rwhp.

140-150mph isnt that fast.   How long it takes to get there is all that has really changed in the last 20 years.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Michelin Pilot Super Sport. 295/35ZR20 (105Y)
Z rating only means 149+ mph.
The 105Y load rating gives the tire a load rating of 2,039 lbs per tire and a Y speed rating which is 186 mph.
Today I’m replacing them with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.

They will be heat cycled 3 times before any high speed shenanigans.
View Quote
The Pilot Sport 4S are great tires. Not a drag radial but enough grip they’re not unsafe, and great in the rain.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top