Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 11:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Make just someone you knew at one time and move on. Don't bother responding, they have their mind made up and nothing say or do will change it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:01:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:06:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Tell him Trump is getting elected in 2024 with the help of the Chinese, Russian, and Belgians.  He will be marched at bayonet point to MAGA reeducation camps.  He better arm up.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:30:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve cut anyone like that out of my life. Including some family members it’s refreshing.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:44:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Make just someone you knew at one time and move on. Don't bother responding, they have their mind made up and nothing say or do will change it.
View Quote

I try to avoid talking about Religion and Politics with my friends for the same reason as the OP alluded to.  I have one friend who is a gun owner but is a Democrat, is involved with Union Leadership, hates Trump with an f'n passion, and thinks that the current crop of gun-owners is to blame.  He had a post on FB where he talked about how gun manufacturers should abandon the AR platform and return to the classic "Fudd" rifles and revolvers.  Oh yeah, he was putting together a Tapco'd SKS using a Chinese paratrooper that he inherited from his father who horse-traded guns.   I have another friend who is in the LGBQ+ crowd and is extremely anti-gun.  I basically stopped talking to him following the FL nightclub shooter because everything became "ban automatic weapons".  I am sure it would piss him off to no end if I said, "You know; if you replace 'automatic weapons' with 'gays', you would sound much like the people you hate so much."  Yeah, I just kept (and keep) my mouth shut.

If anything I have learned over the last couple decades is that both sides have become so polarized that a civilized discussion is no longer possible.  Their side wants one thing - to ban ALL guns, no exceptions, no waivers, no compromise.  Our side just wants to be left alone.  I don't care if you don't own guns.  A matter of fact, I would prefer if you DON'T own a gun if you are irresponsible, don't know which way to safely point the barrel, or can't hit the broadside of a barn.  Frankly, how can there ever be a compromise in this case?
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:51:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:54:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:should we pass laws against this practice and send it's practitioners to prison where they can never have anal sex again?
View Quote

"Tell me you've never been to prison without saying you've never been to prison."
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 11:06:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I try to avoid talking about Religion and Politics with my friends for the same reason as the OP alluded to.  I have one friend who is a gun owner but is a Democrat, is involved with Union Leadership, hates Trump with an f'n passion, and thinks that the current crop of gun-owners is to blame.  He had a post on FB where he talked about how gun manufacturers should abandon the AR platform and return to the classic "Fudd" rifles and revolvers.  Oh yeah, he was putting together a Tapco'd SKS using a Chinese paratrooper that he inherited from his father who horse-traded guns.   I have another friend who is in the LGBQ+ crowd and is extremely anti-gun.  I basically stopped talking to him following the FL nightclub shooter because everything became "ban automatic weapons".  I am sure it would piss him off to no end if I said, "You know; if you replace 'automatic weapons' with 'gays', you would sound much like the people you hate so much."  Yeah, I just kept (and keep) my mouth shut.

If anything I have learned over the last couple decades is that both sides have become so polarized that a civilized discussion is no longer possible.  Their side wants one thing - to ban ALL guns, no exceptions, no waivers, no compromise.  Our side just wants to be left alone.  I don't care if you don't own guns.  A matter of fact, I would prefer if you DON'T own a gun if you are irresponsible, don't know which way to safely point the barrel, or can't hit the broadside of a barn.  Frankly, how can there ever be a compromise in this case?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How can you be friends with people who hate you? I don't understand that. No one that I'm friends with thinks I'm what's wrong with America.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 11:08:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's not worth responding/arguing with him, you're just wasting your time.
View Quote

This right here. I didn't even read the OP. Just stop talking to him.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I need an equally coherent and comprehensive response

He said he hates Tucker and Trump and anyone who watches Fox and had a fight with his own father who watches FoxNews, it gets just weirder and weirder.

Ironically lives in a free state, behind enemy lines as he sees it, surrounded by Trump people.
View Quote

No you don't. Just stop talking to him.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#12]
The only response to a person like that is to block their phone number, block them on social media and cut them out of your life completely
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Funny, I don't seem to have that problem. Firearms ownership is a Red Line for me.

Anyone who doesn't support firearm ownership doesn't support Constitutional Rights and freedom. It really is as simple as that.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I had an old friend who went left.

Notice I said "had."

That's the best solution.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I need an equally coherent and comprehensive response

He said he hates Tucker and Trump and anyone who watches Fox and had a fight with his own father who watches FoxNews, it gets just weirder and weirder.

Ironically lives in a free state, behind enemy lines as he sees it, surrounded by Trump people.
View Quote

There is no response to that retarded shit. Seriously, the fuckin mental gymnastics derived in that idiotic rant is Olympic level shit. Wasting your time.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:14:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Don't argue with regards.  You won't change what little mind be has and you will just get pissed off.

Drop it and walk away.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This

Also, you understand that when the time comes this person will turn you in to the fed bois right?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Block, delete, and move on. Stop being friends with the enemy.

This

Also, you understand that when the time comes this person will turn you in to the fed bois right?

Definitely a fuckin rat.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:17:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Meaning if they outlaw abortion at 9 months it's the same as living in that dystopian fantasy movie, Handmaid's Tale.
View Quote

the handmaid's tale is the best literary example of what the RKBA is all about.  the 2A exists for NO OTHER REASON than to give handmaids (i.e., the politically disempowered) the ability to resist an oppressive government.  and this government is trying to take that away.

Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:41:37 PM EDT
[#19]
He’s too far gone, don’t waste site resources trying to deal with him.

Don’t feel like he is all intelligent with that nonsense.

That reads like a leftists word salad of strung together headlines from the last 15 years.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:59:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Your acquaintance is the type that scares normal people who had no intention of buying gun into buying a gun. The acquaintance needs to calm down better for their heart and less chance they would do something that they would not do if they were thinking clearer.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top