BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 2:01:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The guy's name IS Gomez.  Using a hispanic/latino actor doesn't seem that out of place.
View Quote
Guzman is not Gomez Addams. Gomez Addams would probably be a Spanish (Castillian) Jewish name. Not a Mexican or Latino.
Raul Julia could pull it off because he was more European Spanish, which made sense given he was a Puerto Rican born in 1940.

Guzman is more the Saturday morning cartoon Gomez, in which case he should be green-skinned.

I'll give it a try, but I don't expect much.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 2:05:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Tim Burton trash.   Oh well.

And Gomez is supposed to be a good looking dude   almost a sophisticate  why did they cast a troll for that role?

Ignoring years of tv production canon   because a second-rate comic book said so???  
View Quote
There was also a Saturday morning cartoon back in the day. But, as I said, I seem to recall Gomez being green in that one.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 2:10:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Woke to me typically means at bare minimum one gender swapped character, one race swapped character, one or more gay characters (that get extended screen time of them getting it on with other gay characters), and none of the above can be the SAME character.

I will say this though, Luis Guzman is one galactically ugly man.
View Quote
With a thick accent. He'll work as the cartoon equivalent until he says his first line. Gomez, though ugly, was erudite. That was the gag. Guzman sounds like a gardener.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 3:08:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#5]

That looks terrible.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That looks terrible.
View Quote

Maybe it is. We'll see in a few months.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:54:40 AM EDT
[#7]
THE ADDAMS FAMILY: The 1992 Animated Series (Opening Sequence)
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Was it okay when Raul Julia played Gomez Addams?  He was Puerto Rican.

I'm still trying to figure out what makes this cast woke in your eyes.
View Quote

Of course. Raul Julia was the perfect Gomez.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 12:45:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I still contend that Michael Peña and Christina Ricci would have been a better choice.

It’s not that I think Peña particularly looks the part of Gomez, I just think he’s funny as hell.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 12:50:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Ricci is listed in the cast for the show, so she is in there somewhere.

The more I think about this, the more convinced I am this is going to be a rug pull show. By that I mean the name of the show is "Wednesday", not "The Addams Family"... the bulk of the trailer is dedicated to Wednesday and her school problems. My honest guess at this point is that the show is going to be more or less a Burton-ized teen high school dramedy full of checkbox character tropes with Wednesday as the lead. The actual Addams "family" will be background characters, probably only appearing in brief supporting roles taking a back seat to Wednesday and her new gaggle of diverse teen friends and enemies contained in a knock off Hogwarts.

Call me a bitter old man (which I am) but I really have no interest in watching another formulaic magical teen high school show.

I could be wrong and the trailer could be the fakeout leading into a straight up modern Addams Family show... but my spider sense is tingling telling me this is going to be a whole lot of meh.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 12:53:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I still contend that Michael Peña and Christina Ricci would have been a better choice.
View Quote

100% agreed.  They also would have been more age appropriate.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 12:58:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It’s not that I think Peña particularly looks the part of Gomez, I just think he’s funny as hell.
View Quote

yea, that would have been pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't know about woke, but Gomez and Pugsly just LOOK wrong. hard pass for me..
View Quote

Yeah, but Guzman is always hilarious.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#14]
count monte cristo guzman Why not just kill them
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Needs more Christina Ricci. Nude.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it okay when Raul Julia played Gomez Addams?  He was Puerto Rican.

I'm still trying to figure out what makes this cast woke in your eyes.

And the perfect M. Bison in "Street Fighter".  He was terminally ill at the time but did the movie anyway because he knew his kids would love it.

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life.  But for me, it was Tuesday."
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The more I think about this, the more convinced I am this is going to be a rug pull show. By that I mean the name of the show is "Wednesday", not "The Addams Family"... the bulk of the trailer is dedicated to Wednesday and her school problems. My honest guess at this point is that the show is going to be more or less a Burton-ized teen high school dramedy full of checkbox character tropes with Wednesday as the lead. The actual Addams "family" will be background characters, probably only appearing in brief supporting roles taking a back seat to Wednesday and her new gaggle of diverse teen friends and enemies contained in a knock off Hogwarts.

Call me a bitter old man (which I am) but I really have no interest in watching another formulaic magical teen high school show.

I could be wrong and the trailer could be the fakeout leading into a straight up modern Addams Family show... but my spider sense is tingling telling me this is going to be a whole lot of meh.
View Quote

You’re not wrong. That is exactly what it is going to be based on the trailer.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:45:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Her boobs are… unremarkable.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:46:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm afraid I may have some bad news for you
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good point.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They’re still boobs, and boobs are good.  I like boobs.

Hers just aren’t particularly notable.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I still want to see them
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ant Man and the Wasp, when they give him "it's not truth serum".

Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's her cooter look like?

Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I still want to see them
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still want to see them

The internet is a lovely thing.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:55:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn’t she show bush in BSM?
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:59:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Anybody that says they wouldn't smash Catherine Zeta Jones is a pure homosexual.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Jesus  could they do a worse casting of Gomez?  That dude looks like a dishwasher for a food truck.
View Quote

Ricardo Montalban wasn't available.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 3:10:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Her boobs are  unremarkable.
View Quote
Depends on the movie.  They seemed to fluctuate a lot.  Her body was smoking in BSM
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 6:09:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hard to miss the standard netflix diversity cast combo when she enters the school, and the white athletic villains. And I'm sure having a white guy castrated by piranha in the first couple of minutes wasn't symbolic at all.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm often laughing because of him.  He's a solid working actor.

I bet he's never been late once.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm often laughing because of him.  He's a solid working actor.

I bet he's never been late once.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
First Morticia is best Morticia
View Quote

Damn right.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 6:20:13 PM EDT
[#34]

Glad someone saved that for posteriority.

I'd forgotten how absolutely fine that woman was.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 6:33:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I don't know about woke, but Gomez and Pugsly just LOOK wrong. hard pass for me..
View Quote

Gomez looks like he's wearing the vampire/demon make-up from the Buffy series.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Guzman is perfect for the comedic role. He has been in a lot of movies and tv shows and is a good actor. And of course there's Mrs. Jones.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#37]
They always looked Mexican to me in the 90s version
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Jesus  could they do a worse casting of Gomez?  That dude looks like a dishwasher for a food truck.
View Quote

I believe that actor's name is Guzman. Always a character secondary.  The guy has actually been a scene stealer in about everything I recall seeing him in. Plays bums, criminals and cops equally well.

I have no issue with him playing Gomez. What i know i will have issue with will be all the injection of woke- gay it will have. Wednesday will likely be a lesbian, Uncle Fester will be a tranny,  neighbors will be an older gay couple. The gay shit at NF is off the chain.

It will also suck as all modern remakes do. Hollywood is vacant of humorous creativity. Those fuckers are leftists. One symptom of a Lefist personality is a lack of heartfelt humor. They are naturally dark internally. Look at what folks called the "Meme Wars" as example. Lefties sucked at it it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Guzman is perfect for the comedic role. He has been in a lot of movies and tv shows and is a good actor. And of course there's Mrs. Jones.
View Quote
Just to be clear, I, and I'm pretty sure most of the others remarking on the poor casting, am not casting aspersions On Guzman's acting chops. None of us so far has said anything about him being a bad actor. He's just not Gomez Addams.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#40]

Look- LOOK! THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO LOOK A BIT “OFF”!

The teaser looked pretty good.  I’ll be a little irritated if it’s the Wednesday Show, but called the Addams Family.  Then I’ll get over it as long as they tell a good story and don’t get lost in “THE MESSAGE”.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Wednesday looks too much like a young Fairuza Balk.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, I think you pretty much have it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:47:26 PM EDT
[#43]
When Charles Adams was growing up in Westfeild New Jersey, he would walk past this home on his way to and from school. It is believed that the Adams house was based on this one.  This is not my photo but I was outside of it earlier this year.

Link Posted: 8/27/2022 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Wednesday Addams | Inside the Character | Netflix
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Christina Ricci is in her 40s.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 9:31:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Do not want.
Thinking of what they would need to do to be "creepy" is bad enough.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 9:38:56 PM EDT
[#47]
I dont know what the Gomez actor is like but I bet hes full of personality.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top