Link Posted: 2/23/2015 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Taken from a Beretta forum:

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not entirely confident in that.

The placement of the slide stop on the 92 works because the grips have that molded-in shelf at the top corner. Hitting the slide stop requires bending your thumb downward. It's very easy to do quickly, yet it's not easy to do accidentally. I think that's brilliant, and that's one of my favorite design features of the 92.

Using my G17 and my M&P as a reference, and looking at the photos at the link, I think Beretta either nailed it or has the slide stop a bit too close.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like an HK

Better, since Beretta didn't fuck it up by putting the slide release too far back.

The placement of the slide stop on the 92 works because the grips have that molded-in shelf at the top corner. Hitting the slide stop requires bending your thumb downward. It's very easy to do quickly, yet it's not easy to do accidentally. I think that's brilliant, and that's one of my favorite design features of the 92.

Using my G17 and my M&P as a reference, and looking at the photos at the link, I think Beretta either nailed it or has the slide stop a bit too close.

Well, to be fair, we'll see. Pictures are one thing, but we'll see how the slide release fits in with the grip angle, etc.

Honestly, I'm more interested in a Strike One than this, but Beretta doesn't tend to put out turds, so time will tell.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:11:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like an ice cube tray had a baby with a glock.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:46:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are you yankin' our chains 1911xdm? I've got a P-07 but do not own a 92, so I can not independently test this..
View Quote

It does not lock in but it will feed and fire. I made a thread about this a few months back inthe CZ Forum
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:24:10 AM EDT
[#5]
That thing is HIDEOUS! Beretta, here's the line __________________, you've crossed it. We can forgive the space-age look in some of your designs, sometimes it's kinda cool, but this is something else.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:58:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Beretta perfezione.  
View Quote

I laughed audibly.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well, to be fair, we'll see. Pictures are one thing, but we'll see how the slide release fits in with the grip angle, etc.

Honestly, I'm more interested in a Strike One than this, but Beretta doesn't tend to put out turds, so time will tell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like an HK

Better, since Beretta didn't fuck it up by putting the slide release too far back.

I'm waiting to handle one and learn details like pricing before I come to any conclusions.

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:57:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I think it looks interesting, though I am no fan of this type of pistol.  It looks better than a Glock, of course that is not hard to do.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:11:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:27:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

NO shit?  I did not know that.  Suddenly slightly interested in one.
View All Quotes

Not true, neither the TP9 or TP9SA will accept Beretta mags.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Taken from a Beretta forum:

http://i59.tinypic.com/10i5auc.jpg

View Quote

Some people try way too hard to hate things.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:33:56 PM EDT
[#12]
U
Quoted:

And the tool is the reason I don't have an M&P. Yeah, you can take it apart like a Glock, but just the fact that S&W feesl I am too stupid to do a chamber check and need a tool to push down an ejector or decock like the Beretta gets me.

The lowly Sigma and newer SD series do not require a tool. Take down is like a Glock.
Ruger P Series need the ejector lowered, but you use a finger, not fidget with a took to unlock a small sear.

92FS does not need a tool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Need a tool to disassemble.....
Keeping my Glocks.

I think it's like the M&P where they tell you to pull down the sear lever with the grip tool for disassembly.   In reality, all you have to do is pull the trigger.  I'd be really surprised if the beretta is any different.

And the tool is the reason I don't have an M&P. Yeah, you can take it apart like a Glock, but just the fact that S&W feesl I am too stupid to do a chamber check and need a tool to push down an ejector or decock like the Beretta gets me.

The lowly Sigma and newer SD series do not require a tool. Take down is like a Glock.
Ruger P Series need the ejector lowered, but you use a finger, not fidget with a took to unlock a small sear.

92FS does not need a tool.

No tool needed with an M&P, just pull the trigger like a Glock..
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top