Page / 27
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 11:33:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shotguns are fun:

https://youtu.be/xhSbdtlAMZU?t=59
View Quote

Nice, yes that last reload is the way I would quad load my1301 tac, those first inline quad are not easy with its closed up loading port and the shell carriers designed for it are probably great for speed, but not going to have great retention for real world type situations.

I practice doing dual inline loads like that, but it’s definitely an easy thing to screw up with the stock tactical if you rush. I’m planning on opening up my gen1 tac and getting a pro lifter to help with faster loading. But I also don’t want it opened too much to allow dirt or junk to possibly get in and jam up the lifter. And the serial number gets in the way of opening it up much at all.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:31:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Nice, yes that last reload is the way I would quad load my1301 tac, those first inline quad are not easy with its closed up loading port and the shell carriers designed for it are probably great for speed, but not going to have great retention for real world type situations.

I practice doing dual inline loads like that, but it’s definitely an easy thing to screw up with the stock tactical if you rush. I’m planning on opening up my gen1 tac and getting a pro lifter to help with faster loading. But I also don’t want it opened too much to allow dirt or junk to possibly get in and jam up the lifter. And the serial number gets in the way of opening it up much at all.
View Quote

The old school weak/strong hand style of loading is definitely more useful from a practical standpoint.  Excellent retention in those style of shell holders and reduced fumble factor, just slower.  I kept all my weak hand style shell caddys for extra that reason.  I don't always or even frequently use them, but if there is an opportunity for prone rifle before I'm shooting the shotgun and the shotgun portion has a lot of movement and opportunity to load I will clip them on my belt and use them.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:50:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They will hold the shells perfectly while they are full.  Once you grab a shell, the rest can bounce out.  So you need to train to grab 4 at once.  

When they are full you can hang upside down or do jumping jacks and not lose shells.
View Quote

Yes right, the only problem is that there are many times where you don’t need all 4 shells at once (ie you miss, need to change Ammo type, etc).  Shotguns are weird that way.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes right, the only problem is that there are many times where you don’t need all 4 shells at once (ie you miss, need to change Ammo type, etc).  Shotguns are weird that way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They will hold the shells perfectly while they are full.  Once you grab a shell, the rest can bounce out.  So you need to train to grab 4 at once.  

When they are full you can hang upside down or do jumping jacks and not lose shells.

Please tell me all about the intricacies of feeding a shotgun.....

If your solution for perfect retention is a bandolier or a side saddle, you are going to be slower.  Significantly slower.  Need to change ammo on the fly is probably much more common in gun games like 3 gun or practical shotgun matches than it would be in real world scenarios.

I enjoy practical shotgun and 3 gun.  But in the real world there aren't many scenarios where you wouldn't be better off transitioning to a pistol if you run your shotgun dry.  You could train around it to some degree and some of the stuff that 3 gunners do with shotguns has some practical applications.  

If I had to choose between loading over the top into the ejection port a single shell at a time, or drop my shotgun and draw a pistol, against a threat who had the capability to shoot back at me, I would draw my pistol every time.  

If you are part of a team offering cover or have a chance to feed rounds into your tube while behind cover, retaining your shotgun and topping off might be preferable to transitioning to a pistol.  Training to do both and being mentally prepared to choose which is best requires some time doing both and being able to decide very quickly which is optimal.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 12:33:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Fuck that shotgun is sexy.
View Quote
YesSir.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 8:40:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Worked on installing the j Kenny lifter this weekend…  missing 2 parts

Looks like I’ll be waiting on another mailer from the UK.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 9:16:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Worked on installing the j Kenny lifter this weekend…  missing 2 parts

Looks like I’ll be waiting on another mailer from the UK.
View Quote

Wow that lifter is expensive. Wonder if they are going to make one for the tactical model.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 11:44:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I want one. Love my old Berettas I posted earlier. I have an SBE 2 that I've never shot and an SP10 that I can't hit shit with. I still go back to my old A303. I know, not tactical.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Aww crap.

4 of them.  I really wanted the 21” comp model, but it’s hard to say no to the 18.5” brown Tactical model.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 5:00:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Is that black comp a gen 1?
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 7:40:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
I saw a few Comps in LGS Friday that had the Gen 1 release, but they were not in stock a two weeks ago.

New Old Stock, maybe?

New pic.

Link Posted: 11/14/2021 10:16:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Aww crap.

4 of them.  I really wanted the 21” comp model, but it’s hard to say no to the 18.5” brown Tactical model.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122594/3F2E6A71-2269-435C-BE2A-E141D810F016_jpe-2157074.JPG
View Quote

Ask them to search their other scheels stores.  That's how I found my tactical.  They shipped it in to my local store.  Apparently, they're not supposed to do that because the sales guy who did it for me said don't tell anybody his name.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 10:07:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:48:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Have we discussed recoil pads for these?

I'd like to add maybe .5" LOP and soften it just a little. What are the options?
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:55:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/6755/5BE21989-45A7-41B7-8AEA-716A6C6047DD-2168589.jpg

Well Botach came through. Although their packaging was sub-par.

Bring your gun to work day (which is everyday, actually). ;)
View Quote

Nice.  

Quoted:
Have we discussed recoil pads for these?

I'd like to add maybe .5" LOP and soften it just a little. What are the options?
View Quote

Carpet pad and duct tape (just kidding, this is a bump to keep discussion alive since the guns are now finding their way into hands)
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:55:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 12:04:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@timccart
Which RDS is that?
View Quote
Romeo 5
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#19]
So the Commercial SKUs (e.g. J131TT18C) have removable choke tubes, but the LE SKUs have fixed chokes?  

I don't know what Beretta tubes look like, but what do we have here?  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Well this is well timed, I plan to purchase a new tactical shotgun in the next months or so
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So the Commercial SKUs (e.g. J131TT18C) have removable choke tubes, but the LE SKUs have fixed chokes?  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/11039/zzz_jpg-2190386.JPG
View Quote

Looks like a fixed choke to me.

Optima flush choke tube.

One of those would be screwed in there.

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:37:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/11039/zzz_jpg-2190386.JPG
View Quote

Fixed, most likely cylinder choke.

But there's plenty of meat on that barrel if you wanted to get it threaded for chokes.  Remington chokes are cheap.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Bought a 1301 Comp 24" to try in addition to my 1301 Tactical.  I figure the Comp will work well as a general purpose shotgun vs the strictly defensive oriented Tactical.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:50:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Bought a 1301 Comp 24" to try in addition to my 1301 Tactical.  I figure the Comp will work well as a general purpose shotgun vs the strictly defensive oriented Tactical.
View Quote

I've decided I'm only interested in the 21" Comp model in green.  That's hard enough to find that I should be able to save my money since I really don't need the gun anyway.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like a fixed choke to me.

Yeah, that what I was thinking.

As additional evidence, when I looked through the box (at the local gun store) there was no choke tube wrench or anything.  

Online specs clearly say "Its barrel features a ghost-ring rear with an interchangeable front sight, and interchangeable choke system. Included is an OptimaBore, HP Improved Cylinder (flush configuration)."  

Edit to add:  Someone posted a muzzle picture on Page 6 showing the choke tube version.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 7:50:00 PM EDT
[#26]
I picked this one up yesterday. I didn't necessarily want the pistol grip stock, but it was offered at too good of a price to pass up.

Link Posted: 12/19/2021 8:29:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I picked this one up yesterday. I didn't necessarily want the pistol grip stock, but it was offered at too good of a price to pass up.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/gallery/80/full/177723.jpg

View Quote

I'm holding off on getting one until I can find that model with a standard stock.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#28]
lucked into finding an OD green gen 2, added a nordic plus 2, eventually will get around to putting the magpul stock and handguard on it.

very smooth and fast shotgun.

ghost loading is also possible. so you can bring your total rounds up to 9
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Problem with my first trip with the 1301 to the range.

About 75% of the time the last shell would get stuck on the shell lifter with the bolt locked back.

Had to hit the bolt release to load it.
View Quote

the 11-87 has a retarded design where there's a shell latch that sits at the back of the lifter, when the new shell spits out of the mag tube it has to hit that latch hard enough to trip that latch and release the lifter.  Sometimes it takes some tweaking or gentle file work to get it working right.

My wife has a Beretta 3901 but I don't know how similar that design is to the 1301.

In other words, I have thoughts that aren't really helpful at all!  Hope you get it figured out!
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#31]
I recently put the gg&g 590 stock adapter on. Nice to have the Magpul stock on
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which factory stock did you have?
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Standard stock/non-pistol grip
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 4:18:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Standard stock/non-pistol grip
View Quote

Thanks. I ordered the combo from GG&G to replace my pistol grip stock.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:28:03 AM EDT
[#35]
It's coming together.

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 11:41:17 PM EDT
[#36]

Sexy
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:15:57 AM EDT
[#37]
I bet that will work.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 11:41:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Garand Thumb did his thing:

The Beretta 1301 Tactical Shotgun. The Italian Stallion is here.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 12:16:54 PM EDT
[#39]
I would clean / polish your magazine tube and make sure your follower doesn't have and burrs or gook on it.

You could also try slightly stretching your magazine spring.

Most last shot issues I’ve run into are related to magazine spring tension or some type of lube/ dirt build up.

I’ve also learned to only use dry or film type lubes on auto shotguns. I’ve Had issues at below 55 degrees or so if I use any other type of lube. Our tight Italian girls can get temperamental when they get chilly ;)
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 3:36:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Mine is almost finished, just need the Aridus forend

I went with the GG&G stock adapter because I think the receiver to stock transition looks better, I used the Aridus on my gen 3

The GG*^G mounting bolt also has the spring-loaded buffer tip that the factory bolt has

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 5:03:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Please tell me all about the intricacies of feeding a shotgun.....

If your solution for perfect retention is a bandolier or a side saddle, you are going to be slower.  Significantly slower.  Need to change ammo on the fly is probably much more common in gun games like 3 gun or practical shotgun matches than it would be in real world scenarios.

I enjoy practical shotgun and 3 gun.  But in the real world there aren't many scenarios where you wouldn't be better off transitioning to a pistol if you run your shotgun dry.  You could train around it to some degree and some of the stuff that 3 gunners do with shotguns has some practical applications.  

If I had to choose between loading over the top into the ejection port a single shell at a time, or drop my shotgun and draw a pistol, against a threat who had the capability to shoot back at me, I would draw my pistol every time.  

If you are part of a team offering cover or have a chance to feed rounds into your tube while behind cover, retaining your shotgun and topping off might be preferable to transitioning to a pistol.  Training to do both and being mentally prepared to choose which is best requires some time doing both and being able to decide very quickly which is optimal.
View Quote

I can tell you are a trainer or an enlightened end user. Only issue I have with your statement is the part you left out; a handgun is only a tool to fight towards a long gun, always. If you are being engaged, yes, transition. If you have a lull in the battle, reload, and do it quick.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 5:17:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Shotguns are fun:

https://youtu.be/xhSbdtlAMZU?t=59
View Quote

Yes they put a slab through mine last night

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 6:59:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No not at all. Ive wanted the Beretta for ages. I have Benellis which are great, but this gun... yes but no pistol grip, just regular stock.

Nicest shotgun ive seen in ages.
View Quote

Tried both stocks,  the traditional stock is much superior to the pistol grip.  The pistol grip looks cool but shooting is the proof.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#44]

I would love to see this with the Aridus Zhukov Forend
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#45]
A 1301 will be my next purchase, but it’s between the Comp and Tactical.

I want the 21” barrel, threaded for chokes on comp, but would like to mount a dot and still have use of iron sights/ghost ring. Is there an option for this? I’ve searched but only came up with a post on Enos where someone had the receiver milled for a Holosun, but did not add any type of back up sights.

I’m looking for something like the Aridus and a front sight post that mounts to the comp barrel rib?

Or, am I stuck buying the Tactical.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Added a Cloud Defensive Micro Rein. The Arisaka scout mount tucks the light in nice and close and the switch mounted on a short pic rail section puts it in the perfect position for a natural grip for me. Gotta love CD cord management.

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The old school weak/strong hand style of loading is definitely more useful from a practical standpoint.  Excellent retention in those style of shell holders and reduced fumble factor, just slower.  I kept all my weak hand style shell caddys for extra that reason.  I don't always or even frequently use them, but if there is an opportunity for prone rifle before I'm shooting the shotgun and the shotgun portion has a lot of movement and opportunity to load I will clip them on my belt and use them.
View Quote

You were fucking getting it man!
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:37:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Added a Cloud Defensive Micro Rein. The Arisaka scout mount tucks the light in nice and close and the switch mounted on a short pic rail section puts it in the perfect position for a natural grip for me. Gotta love CD cord management.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/gallery/80/full/186938.jpg
View Quote
Awesome setup, want to clone
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:41:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I want the 21” barrel, threaded for chokes on comp, but would like to mount a dot and still have use of iron sights/ghost ring. Is there an option for this? I’ve searched but only came up with a post on Enos where someone had the receiver milled for a Holosun, but did not add any type of back up sights.

I’m looking for something like the Aridus and a front sight post that mounts to the comp barrel rib?

View Quote

They are both really nice shotguns. I’ve been coveting the 21” Comp for a while nice. Would make a great all around shotgun in a hybrid field/defensive role.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:18:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I haven't seen anything like that for the Comp. As you probably already know, the factory pic rail on the Tactical puts a red dot too high to co-witness with the sights. An Aridus CROM solves that, but won't fit the Comp.

I'll buy a Comp if I can ever find one for a decent price.
Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top