Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I don’t get how the Amish fire departments have no problems.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#2]
nothing new, seen it done a few times in LE, last one was higher ranking, jewish and cried foul. later received 'modified grooming standrards exemption' he really didnt care eitherway, just wanted to screw up the system.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 4:05:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Find another job
View Quote
FIRST POST NAILS IT.

Snowflake needs to move on.  I am a Christian I do not sympathize with him.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
But it doesnt. People pass all the time . Ambulance company pulled the same where I worked. If it was abiut keeping you safe you would wear a motorcycle helmet in the rig
View Quote
How do people pass? @lafmedic1

Do you use the computer with lines that plug into the mask or do you do the old fashion way.

We use the computer, I am clean shaven, and I fail periodically.  Shape of my head/face, failure point is right around the temple area.

ETA: Failure is my own fault because when I tighten the straps appropriately I will pass.  I have to remain diligent about wearing my mask.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 4:18:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Do you use the computer with lines that plug into the mask or do you do the old fashion way.

We use the computer, I am clean shaven, and I fail periodically.  Shape of my head/face, failure point is right around the temple area.

ETA: Failure is my own fault because when I tighten the straps appropriately I will pass.  I have to remain diligent about wearing my mask.
View Quote
@lug1

Eat more heart attack biscuits and fill your face out more. You'll seal in the mask better.

Link Posted: 3/9/2019 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

@lug1

Eat more heart attack biscuits and fill your face out more. You'll seal in the mask better.

View Quote
My brother speaks truths.  I made them in early February for my new rookie's and my new driver for the first time.  We feasted!!!   ALL stated "GLORIOUS"

I limit us to twice a year.  A couple of my guys are health food nuts.  I tell them they don't have to eat them.....IF THEY DON'T WANT TO BE TEAM PLAYERS.  LOL, they both ate TWO last last time.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 7:10:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

A lot of factors at play.

My brother in law had to shave his beard because he kept failing his fit tests.
View Quote
Totally understand   . But what makes a beard varies . Some places make you shave excessively
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 7:12:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
We prob get tested by the same guy if he is from texas. And yes computer hooked to mask
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In before the facial hair does not effect mask seal crowd.
View Quote
9 times out of ten it doesn’t but that 10th time can be a real bitch. I had to come in on vacation for fit testing once and had went two weeks without shaving prior. I was able to pass with a good seal.

Having said that this fellow should find another job.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's not his body his choice when he has teammates relying on him and may wind up having to rescue his dumb ass.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
His body, his choice.

If he wants to die of CO poisoning, let him.
It's not his body his choice when he has teammates relying on him and may wind up having to rescue his dumb ass.
This.

When you’re part of a team your stupid decisions impact everyone. Not only does he pose a hazard to his teammates but to the public in general. Hard to bring out a victim if you collapse from smoke inhalation because you wanted to be grizzly adams.

Shave it snowflake.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 7:15:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We prob get tested by the same guy if he is from texas. And yes computer hooked to mask
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got our own in house computer and tester.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top