BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:01:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't trust it.

Three reasons:

1. The Prequels

We as moviegoing audiences all got hyped over them and thought they'd be the shit, when they got progressively worse and worse, and it turned out they were just shit.  And the worst thing since Mr. Plinkett's son.

2. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Harrison Ford said in interviews he thought Han Solo's character was stale, boring, and someone he'd never want to play again, and he even wanted Solo killed.  He said he loved Indiana Jones and wanted to do another.  He loved Indiana Jones and they shat out the fridge-nuking prairie-dog shitfest of Crystal Skull.  Everyone's already forgotten it since it was so fucking bad.  So far we have one line from him, but keep in mind he hated Han Solo.

3. Abrams Space Adventure Action Blast-Zap Movie Trek

Pew pew pew explosion pew pew zap explosion.  Lens flare trek was flashy but vapid.  Lots of zap pew pew zap run around yelling, characters made into caricatures with one trait, but not really that much of a movie.  We've already seen what happens with that in Star Wars - it was called Episodes 2 & 3.

Sadly, it would probably be wise to start dialing down your expectations.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't wait to see JarJar.
View Quote

and ewoks..
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Going!
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#4]
In before the guys that declares the movie crap (8 months before its release).
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Can't wait to see JarJar.
View Quote

Ban him!

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't trust it.

Three reasons:

1. The Prequels

We as moviegoing audiences all got hyped over them and thought they'd be the shit, when they got progressively worse and worse, and it turned out they were just shit.  And the worst thing since Mr. Plinkett's son.

Harrison Ford said in interviews he thought Han Solo's character was stale, boring, and someone he'd never want to play again, and he even wanted Solo killed.  He said he loved Indiana Jones and wanted to do another.  He loved Indiana Jones and they shat out the fridge-nuking prairie-dog shitfest of Crystal Skull.  Everyone's already forgotten it since it was so fucking bad.  So far we have one line from him, but keep in mind he hated Han Solo.

Pew pew pew explosion pew pew zap explosion.  Lens flare trek was flashy but vapid.  Lots of zap pew pew zap run around yelling, characters made into caricatures with one trait, but not really that much of a movie.  We've already seen what happens with that in Star Wars - it was called Episodes 2 & 3.

View Quote

Well, Sir Alec Guiness thought that Star Wars was inane childish poppy cock (his own words) and even told a young boy to stop watching it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:05:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Somehow I see this as a female Jedi lead (think Hunger Games with light sabers) where she saves an ethnicity diverse group of politically enlightened minorities.

You guys are too easily baited into this horseshit.  It'll be a lense-flair extravaganza of politically correct makeovers of all the Herod that should have voted for Hillary.  I mean Darth, not Hillary.  Darth.  Hard to keep them straight.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Somehow I see this as a female Jedi lead (think Hunger Games with light sabers) where she saves an ethnicity diverse group of politically enlightened minorities.

You guys are too easily baited into this horseshit.  It'll be a lense-flair extravaganza of politically correct makeovers of all the Herod that should have voted for Hillary.  I mean Darth, not Hillary.  Darth.  Hard to keep them straight.
View Quote

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:09:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't wait to see it!
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:10:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you're not medicated, you should be.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a feeling that this is whats going to happen.. I have no faith in Disney, or JJ..
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:12:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think his name is Dindu Calrissian....

- Clint
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2. The black man they keep showing in the trailers is chronically out of breath and sweaty. He needs more cardio.

I think his name is Dindu Calrissian....

- Clint

*GUFFAW*
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

Duh and or hello..
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm confused as to when this takes place.

Duh and or hello..

FIFY

ETA:

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:18:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I guess there are no tweakers on Tatooine because that X-Wing ans Star Destroyer would have been scrapped decades ago .
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

So edgy, so cool.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Why haven't Jawas stripped those fucking wrecks down yet?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:18:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:19:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gotta agree with this. Abrams strip-mined the characters and plot lines in ST, put it into a mindless action movie with flashy CGI, and added nothing to the emotional depth of the characters.

Imagine watching the Abrams ST without having first seen Wrath of Khan. Abrams Trek was entirely dependent on TWoK.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
No wonder he crashed his plane...

He had to remember how to fly the Falcon!
View Quote

No, its because [indianajones]"Fly yes. Land, no." [/indianajones]
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I have a feeling that this is whats going to happen.. I have no faith in Disney, or JJ..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It can't be any worse than Ep. 1
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#21]
So long as Jar Jar Binks and that emotionless douschebag they used for the older Analin Skywalker aren't in it, it just might be good enough to watch...
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, hopefully the remnants of the Empire kick some ass
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#23]
OH MY GOD! Why does December need to be so far away!?!?

I will be taking off work for this!
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:23:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I don't trust it.

Three reasons:

1. The Prequels

View Quote

you're long on your adjectives and short on your content.

all of the movies you referenced made many hundreds of millions of dollars at the box office. (and that was before $19 imax tickets.. )
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I don't trust it.

Three reasons:

1. The Prequels

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Nevermind

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#27]
" />
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:29:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The character development in episode 1 was non existent.

Please describe the characters (ignoring if possible, the background of the old actors) of the new Star Trek movies.  It's pretty thin.  Just not as annoying as having an obvious idiot like Jar-jar.  Maybe we'll end up with a Biden look-alike to replace Jar-jar.

Seriously, this is still skating on momentum from two and a half movies that were pretty good, nearly 40 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You know, there ARE black people in the Star Wars universe.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who is the character that they had to make a black dude?

You know, there ARE black people in the Star Wars universe.

Yes their are and the most notable is Apollo 13 1/2. Hide your daughters!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:37:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Django Fett

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who is the character that they had to make a black dude?

Django Fett

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I know wookiees are long lived but Chewie isn't showing any grey. I think he must dye his fur.
View Quote

"Just for Wookies"...good stuff.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:39:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Please describe the characters (ignoring if possible, the background of the old actors) of the new Star Trek movies.  It's pretty thin.  Just not as annoying as having an obvious idiot like Jar-jar.  Maybe we'll end up with a Biden look-alike to replace Jar-jar.

Seriously, this is still skating on momentum from two and a half movies that were pretty good, nearly 40 years ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, Buzz Killington: with all the fucked up shit going on in the world, in the country, and in my life.. forgive me for getting excited about the chance to feel like I'm ten again. Take your Film Study 101 crap somewhere else.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So long as Jar Jar Binks and that emotionless douschebag they used for the older Analin Skywalker aren't in it, it just might be good enough to watch...
View Quote

As long as Carrie Fisher is shown totally naked.

I was kidding!
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:41:38 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

...aannndddd I'm done.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:41:43 PM EDT
[#35]
I think it's going to be great.

My spidey senses tell me it's going to be emotionally powerful too.

Perhaps there will be the death of a beloved character or two.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Question:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Quoting again for an answer hopefully.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:44:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
"Chewie, we're home"

Nerdgasm.
View Quote

I made a mess Cannot. Effing. Wait.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Question:

Click To View Spoiler

If the EU was still around, I would say yes.  But we don't know anything about how the timeline went after ROTJ.

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Putting myself into a medically induced coma until December.  Brb.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Question:

Click To View Spoiler

I don't think anything has officially been stated, but I'm avoiding 99% of the talk about episode 7 because I hate spoilers. In this trailer luke is repeating what he says in RotJ regarding his sister having the force. Could they have honed her skills? Certainly, but so far as I know there has been no confirmation or denial.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:51:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Hey, Buzz Killington: with all the fucked up shit going on in the world, in the country, and in my life.. forgive me for getting excited about the chance to feel like I'm ten again. Take your Film Study 101 crap somewhere else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wanna ride bikes down to the gas station and get a slurpy with me?  We can play Atari at my house after.

Marvel is the new Star Wars.  I'm hoping they don't screw it up, but their record is a lot better than the SW universe was.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks.

Arfcom is pretty techy. Any ideas on how that works ?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm eagerly awaiting the IGN trailer rewind.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:56:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm confused as to when this takes place.

Duh and or hello..

FIFY

ETA:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--8SN9ch4s--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/17ffadqjxa3szjpg.jpg

its 30 years later thats why i dropped the one far out of it.. its a bit closer..
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:59:27 PM EDT
[#47]

- Clint
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 5:00:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

magnetic fields..
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#49]

So the Dark Jedi with the Claymore type sword is wearing Black Stormtrooper gear  under his black robe. I guess he will be the new Darth Vader type. Chances it is Vader's grandson?

CW
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So the Dark Jedi with the Claymore type sword is wearing Black Stormtrooper gear  under his black robe. I guess he will be the new Darth Vader type. Chances it is Vader's grandson?

CW
View Quote

Judging by the mask we see him in, he might actually be a character from the EU...
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top