BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 2:22:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

On a desert planet, I'd say it's an ideal form of locomotion.

Can you think of a better way to get around on sand?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's almost as if that foolish looking robot was designed to be a top selling toy rather than a machine with a viable means of locomotion.

Considering it's a functioning prop, claims of unrealistic locomotion are a bit absurd.

Meanwhile, this thing moving around the open desert and a swamp planet is acceptable, apparently in the same was as how scary the Dr. Who Daleks of the same era were - because, nostalgia:

I think my luggage has better all terrain wheels.

R2D2 is the Gorn of the Star Trek universe - a classic character, but we have to admit it's pretty silly what it was supposed to be able to do vice what we saw on the screen.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 2:26:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Wife and I have our tickets for the 19th in some sweet ass luxury leather seats. I will be on a complete media blackout when it's released. Don't want to know jack shit until I'm sitting there in the theater. I've been waiting since my childhood for a non-shitty continuation of the original trilogy.

ETA: also I never noticed until just now how well the casting director did his job. The girl playing Rey looks a lot like young Mark Hamill IMO

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 2:49:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Chewbacca dies.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 2:53:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What?

I'm referring to the fact that J. J. Abrams has to make the bad guys good, the good guys bad and only our rag tag group of hippies from both cultures can save the world from the evil capitalists on both sides.

Oh, and lens-flare bukakke.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Star Wars: The SJW's Strike Back.
Strong Female lead in 1977 (Princess Liea)   Black Male that wasn't portrayed as someone useless in 1980 (Lando)

What?

I'm referring to the fact that J. J. Abrams has to make the bad guys good, the good guys bad and only our rag tag group of hippies from both cultures can save the world from the evil capitalists on both sides.

Oh, and lens-flare bukakke.

Yep. Fuck hollywood.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 3:17:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 3:20:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I rarely go to the cinema to watch movies anymore, but this I will.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 3:39:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It makes no sense for Luke to be evil.  None.
View Quote

Yeah, it's not like he force choked multiple people and then went on to threaten others with violence and death if he didnt get his way...

Oh wait. You saw return of the jedi... right?
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 3:45:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah, it's not like he force choked multiple people and then went on to threaten others with violence and death if he didnt get his way...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Out of curiosity...

In ROTJ, it's only implied that Luke went back prior to the events in the film and completed training under Yoda - never stated, right?

Interdasting.

But if not Yoda... whom?
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 3:54:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Out of curiosity...

In ROTJ, it's only implied that Luke went back prior to the events in the film and completed training under Yoda - never stated, right?

Interdasting.

But if not Yoda... whom?
View Quote

I always assumed Darth Vader.

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 3:56:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Out of curiosity...

Interdasting.

But if not Yoda... whom?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Out of curiosity...

Interdasting.

But if not Yoda... whom?

Luke when he 1st enters Jaba's palace. He force chokes two for the pig guards that tried to bar his way. Then when he gets into to talk with Jaba, it's all threats of violence.

eta - I just replied with a totally different answer above. heh..

Uhm... I dont know? I would have simply assumed so.

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 4:18:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"no there is another" may have not been refrencing leia.  

Or he could be a clone from a sparti cloning tank
View Quote

"Yoda spoke of another."

"The other he spoke of is your twin sister."

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:06:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

In a society with shitloads of things which hover?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's almost as if that foolish looking robot was designed to be a top selling toy rather than a machine with a viable means of locomotion.

In a society with shitloads of things which hover?
The EU explained that Replusor Fields don't work on every planet due to fluctuations in magnetic fields.

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 12:31:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Out of curiosity...

Interdasting.

But if not Yoda... whom?
View Quote

What?  It's never implied that Luke went back to Yoda between ESB and ROTJ - in fact, it's made clear that he didn't:

When Luke argued with Yoda and Obi Wan about leaving Degobah to help Han and Leia in ESB, he said, "Master Yoda, I promise to return and finish what I've begun. You have my word."

After finishing things up with Jabba in ROTJ, he hopped in his X-Wing and replied to R2's question with, "That's right, Artoo. We're going to the Dagobah system. I have a promise to keep... to an old friend."

The only thing we know for sure Luke did between ESB and ROTJ was build a new lightsaber.
When Luke returned to Yoda, Yoda said, "No more training do you require. Already know you that which you need."
and upon meeting Vader on Endor, Vader said, "I see you have constructed a new lightsaber.  Your skills are complete."

In the EU, Luke went to Obi Wan's hut to meditate and construct the new lightsaber.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 12:41:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was my response from the previous page to a similar accusation:

Yoda said, "...if you choose the quick and easy path, as Vader did, you will become an agent of evil." and followed up with, "Strong is Vader. Mind what you have learned. Save you it can."
Luke rejected Vader's offer to join him and remained on the side of the Light.

Later, when Luke faced the Emperor himself, he declared, "Never! I'll never turn to the dark side. You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

The Emperor responded with, "So be it...Jedi." affirming that Luke rejected the Dark Side and is a Jedi.

Regarding Jabba specifically, Luke acted in defense of his friends - the good guys - and attempted to resolve the situation peacefully.  Jabba was a gangster and a thug.  A show of power/intimidation was the only thing he might understand.

Additionally, "Force Choke" as a Darkside "power" comes from the EU.  It is not canon.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

"Yoda spoke of another."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Yoda spoke of another."

That was just Obi-Wan's opinion.

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Yoda spoke of another."

And he doesn't have a great track record of straightforward honesty.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 1:33:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Regarding Jabba specifically, Luke acted in defense of his friends - the good guys - and attempted to resolve the situation peacefully.  Jabba was a gangster and a thug.  A show of power/intimidation was the only thing he might understand.
Additionally, "Force Choke" as a Darkside "power" comes from the EU.  It is not canon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yoda said, "...if you choose the quick and easy path, as Vader did, you will become an agent of evil." and followed up with, "Strong is Vader. Mind what you have learned. Save you it can."

Luke rejected Vader's offer to join him and remained on the side of the Light.
Later, when Luke faced the Emperor himself, he declared, "Never! I'll never turn to the dark side. You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
The Emperor responded with, "So be it...Jedi." affirming that Luke rejected the Dark Side and is a Jedi.

Agreed. Luke is darker in RotJ, and there is no doubt he was tempted by the Dark Side a few times, for instance when he tried to strike Palpatine down before Vader stopped his saber mid-swing, but he flat out rejects the Dark Side when Palpatine insists he strike his father down.
He looked at Vader's severed mechanical wrist, looked at his own artificial hand and realized he was already well on his path to emulate his father. He immediately rejected the Dark Side, and I believe it was a decision he made then for the rest of his life.

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 2:09:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Yoda spoke of another."

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Yoda spoke of another."

http://youtu.be/pSOBeD1GC_Y

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:16:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Honestly re-watching the original ones, they were kind of stupid too. But I was  a kid so that helped.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My prediction is it will be "meh" like the rest of them.

meh would be a massive improvement over the last three.  

Honestly re-watching the original ones, they were kind of stupid too. But I was  a kid so that helped.

And, in perspective, it was the late 70's/early 80's.  For what else was coming to theaters back then it was hard to beat.  I don't watch for deep thought.  I watch with a bucket of popcorn.

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:17:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Chewbacca dies.
View Quote

He was blind the whole time too.

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top