Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:41:23 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:50:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen most of the first 2 seasons.  Does it ever get better or is it downhill from there?   As of now, I've given up on it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:54:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've seen most of the first 2 seasons.  Does it ever get better or is it downhill from there?   As of now, I've given up on it.
View Quote

You haven't tried
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Meh.  Definitely not what it used to be, but still funny.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Loved the original run.   How was season 8?

Meh.  Definitely not what it used to be, but still funny.

There were some moments in the new season where I felt they were just phoning-in old schticks and jokes. One scene had Ricky blast out four or five Rickyisms in a row, none of which were funny and you didn't have time to appreciate them.

That being said, you'll have a difficult time finding someone more enthusiastic about TPB in general. It is a great show.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, it actually does. Seasons 3-6 are excellent.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Hopefully season 9 will be better than 8 was.
8 had its moments but it felt like they were trying to hard and most of the jokes were falling flat.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
8 had its moments but it felt like they were trying to hard and most of the jokes were falling flat.
View Quote

Season 8 introduced the word horsecockery and the phrase "big filthy milkers" into our lexicon.

Please consider this before posting negative comments.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:23:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Season 8 introduced the word horsecockery and the phrase "big filthy milkers" into our lexicon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget Officer HighCock.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#9]

It's rainin' mothafuckas!
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#10]
And it ain't over till the fat lady sings........ While she's blowing me!

Weapons grade dickhead.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Weapons grade dickhead.
http://i.imgur.com/brwU08L.jpg
View Quote

I think Ricky called him gay Fonzie in this last season.  And he is very easy to hate.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:32:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think Ricky called him gay Fonzie in this last season.  And he is very easy to hate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weapons grade dickhead.
http://i.imgur.com/brwU08L.jpg

Cyrus is a great character.

"I've got to get a shower. My balls have barnacles growing on them." -Ricky
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:55:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My post exactly.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:48:27 PM EDT
[#15]
IN
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:02:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Word on their FB page, is that it should post on Netflix at 12pm pst.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Season 8 was just fine. I hope that Trevor comes back, but it looks like he won't.
View Quote

From what I've heard, he'll never be back.  Apparently there was some sort of dispute.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:01:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Are you whoring for cheeseburgers?
"A mans gotta eat"
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:04:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Didn't need to see Jim Lahey completely naked
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Lahey, Lahey Crockett. King of the Wild Frontier!
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Willy goat, if you have to piss go outside.

We are from the CAA, just checking on these exploding tires. You could have been killed. Now you go and buy a new one and like an auto parts place or something. Your welcome. Got some smokes?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:47:06 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm a big fan.This new one is another stand up show.
I'm not 20 and don't smoke weed. I can't stand the stand up routines.

I clicked a stand up by mistake before the above post.
I just finished the new season. I was pretty good.
Whoever writes J-Rocks lines did a good job.
I could do without the kid (J-Rocks son).
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

You get to see a blurred Sam-squanch cock later.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

He had on a fur coat (albeit complete open in the front) a hat, and a toilet paper roll over his dick. Hardly naked.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#25]
He's a gassy son of a whore!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:17:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Season 9 has been golden.
J Rok and the kid have me rolling.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:20:02 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

IMHO, 7 had "trying too hard" written all over it.  I loved 8 except that weird new guy that plays himself and his "sister."  For some reason that really ruined it for me.

I'm 3 episodes in to 9 and it's still kinda meh.  The rickyisms seem forced now, not as "natural" as they were before.  Hopefully it gets better.

According to the AMA they did yesterday they have reached out to the actor that used to play Trevor.  Sure hope we get good 'ol coreytrevor back in 10.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:21:49 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

From what I've heard, he'll never be back.  Apparently there was some sort of dispute.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Season 8 was just fine. I hope that Trevor comes back, but it looks like he won't.

He went off on a rant on his blog about how badly he and others were mistreated and underpaid.  From what I could recall no one really took his side on that whole deal.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Watched all of the seasons in the last month or so, including #9, and one of their movies.

The earlier seasons were hilarious, as well as the movie. 8 &9 had some funny parts/situations, but nothing like the earlier ones.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Just finish watching season 9 and found it lacking. The constant schism plot line of getting the trailer park back and the drunk Mr. Lahey is getting old.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Just finish watching season 9 and found it lacking. The constant schism plot line of getting the trailer park back and the drunk Mr. Lahey is getting old.

View Quote

I was hoping they were going to live in the motel. Could have been a funny new start.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

IMHO, 7 had "trying too hard" written all over it.  I loved 8 except that weird new guy that plays himself and his "sister."  For some reason that really ruined it for me.

I'm 3 episodes in to 9 and it's still kinda meh.  The rickyisms seem forced now, not as "natural" as they were before.  Hopefully it gets better.

According to the AMA they did yesterday they have reached out to the actor that used to play Trevor.  Sure hope we get good 'ol coreytrevor back in 10.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly this.

S7, with Randy going on his bender and all of his forced "Cock-isms" were off-putting. They were trying too hard.

S8, the odd new guy...no bueno. Not good as a male, not good as a female. He's wedged into the show and isn't necessary.

I wish we still had Philadelphia Phil Collins and Sons around. Sure Jacob is still here but the other brother and the dad were the best of the bunch.

I'm three episodes into S9 now as well, and I would honestly say I've laughed twice. This is a show that used to have me in literal tears...kinda disappointing. Maybe I just need to watch some more.

ETA:

One more thing:

This is an odd thing to complain about, but Netflix is throwing too much money into the production value of this show. The earlier seasons had this atmosphere to them because the production quality was so low. It matched the setting perfectly. That's lacking now that they are highly produced episodes with top of the line equipment.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

The aliens fucked over the carbenator and we are lookin for space weed.
View Quote
We gotta land on Juniper to re-fuckulate the carbinator on space engine number five.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:55:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Have to agree with this. and seeing drunk lahey with no shit analogies played out awhile ago

Will say a lot of funny humor in it it was mainly the story line
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 3:03:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Tell Ricky he can do whatever he wants and his brain goes straight to piss!  
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:26:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I was hoping they were going to live in the motel. Could have been a funny new start.
View Quote

Same here. Thought it was going that way but it fell off a cliff.

Still a fan but unless season 10 goes into new funnier territory, they need to call it quits after that.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#37]
samsquatches
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 3:11:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Exactly this.

S7, with Randy going on his bender and all of his forced "Cock-isms" were off-putting. They were trying too hard.

S8, the odd new guy...no bueno. Not good as a male, not good as a female. He's wedged into the show and isn't necessary.

I wish we still had Philadelphia Phil Collins and Sons around. Sure Jacob is still here but the other brother and the dad were the best of the bunch.

I'm three episodes into S9 now as well, and I would honestly say I've laughed twice. This is a show that used to have me in literal tears...kinda disappointing. Maybe I just need to watch some more.

ETA:

One more thing:

This is an odd thing to complain about, but Netflix is throwing too much money into the production value of this show. The earlier seasons had this atmosphere to them because the production quality was so low. It matched the setting perfectly. That's lacking now that they are highly produced episodes with top of the line equipment.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly this.

ETA:

One more thing:

Pretty much agree. The earlier seasons were hilarious and not very good quality.

Motel scene could have been a good new start.

They also have two TPB movies on Netflix.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:22:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone else get the impression that they may have set up a Trailer Park Girls mini series or side story?
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:24:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Anyone else get the impression that they may have set up a Trailer Park Girls mini series or side story?
View Quote

I can see where they could do that, but I'm not so sure I'd watch it..
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 11:45:25 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it would suck but I'd watch it anyway because I can't get enough Sarah Dunsworth.

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 2:13:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was looking through some of the filming locations the other day on youtube, and saw a video called "adventures of randyandmrlahey" appeared to be fairly long, perhaps a spin off in that regard.

Also, interesting little fact. The "prison" the boys go to apparently used to be a rehab type facility, and was right next door to where many of the trailer park shots were filmed in one season. Trailers are gone now though.

ETA: Watch "The Cart Boy" on youtube if you want to see where the TPB idea got going.

Weird to see the dudes young as hell and still sounding like they do today.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 10:47:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I think it would suck but I'd watch it anyway because I can't get enough Sarah Dunsworth.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

dem thighs
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#44]
I liked season 8. I liked Don, even though he is a weird spiritual bastard. I liked season 9, but I didn't like Private Dancer even though that is an awesome name.

That said, Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys was the best.

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#45]
I take it this is a show I should probably watch?
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 12:28:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends on your sense of humor.  A lot of people don't like it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I use the "Something's fucky" meme a lot even though I've never seen an episode.  I'm guessing I'd probably like it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#48]
I liked the new season. Way better than season 8.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used to have a thing for her but man has she bulked up.

Do not want.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Do not want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do not want.

Sarah Dunsworth is my least favorite character in the whole show. I don't think she's ever done a single thing that was funny, she's always a cockblocking hater to Ricky, and is basically just there to be a nanny to Trevor and Corey, and a toadie for Lucy.

I really think she just got in on the show because her dad is Lahey and something something nepotism.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top