Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/25/2019 6:49:01 AM EDT
Click me.

I can’t believe someone hasn’t posted this yet. I don’t know how well it will work for me since dots starburst when I use them, but this looks like a sweet design.

Link Posted: 4/25/2019 6:50:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Now they have!
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 6:50:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 6:50:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks gay
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 6:52:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks like it would make a nice little cup to hold water inside a holster. Needs drain holes right at the lens.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 6:53:08 AM EDT
[#5]
First the Aimpoint Acro, now this. It's like they're competing on who can make a bigger MRDS.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 6:54:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First the Aimpoint Acro, now this. It's like they're competing on who can make a bigger MRDS.
View Quote
It looks smaller than the acro to me. It looks like they increased the window of the rmr without making it as big as the acro is.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 6:56:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks pretty slick to me.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 6:56:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll be going w the aimpoint acro
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:05:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I wonder if its the same foot print as an RMR for a milled slide.

Kinda cool.  I don't really get the design along with the acro though.

Looks less frumpy than an acro to some degree.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#10]
So, is the emitter still exposed?  It looks like still might be...

NVM, I answered my own question.  Looks like it still retains the RMR mounting compatibility.  Holsters will need a deeper cutout for the sight.

I do like the larger  window.  I look forward to seeing what the street price will be.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:07:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I think it looks great - basically a DeltaPoint size optic, but with the RMR footprint.

Curious what the price will end up being. I also wonder if the larger SRO will be harder to conceal vs the RMR?

Definitely looks like the ticket for competition / range use though..
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:08:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I wonder if its the same foot print as an RMR for a milled slide.

Kinda cool.  I don't really get the design along with the acro though.

Looks less frumpy than an acro to some degree.
View Quote
Article I just read on it says it uses the same foot print as the RMR - you can use RMR mounting plates for it.

I’m digging it... but hopefully they’ve solved the “clogged emitter” problem with this design...

Edit: Here’s the link for more info: Clicky
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:12:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So, is the emitter still exposed?  It looks like still might be...
View Quote
Enclosed emitter would definitely do it for me.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:15:17 AM EDT
[#14]
do not see any pricing in either of the articles i found published unless i overlooked
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:15:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Emitter still exposed, appears larger and ugly.  

Being able to change the battery without removing the optic is all that it's got going for it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:19:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
do not see any pricing in either of the articles i found published unless i overlooked
View Quote
There is in the one I linked... Spoiler alert: It ain’t cheap.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:19:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Being able to change the battery without removing the optic is all that it's got going for it.
View Quote
Well, on that Glock it will make a handy brass deflector
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:28:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Click me.

I can’t believe someone hasn’t posted this yet. I don’t know how well it will work for me since dots starburst when I use them, but this looks like a sweet design.

https://assets.americanrifleman.org/media/3318034/tri_sro_8.jpg?width=560&height=339

https://assets.americanrifleman.org/media/3318035/tri_sro_10.jpg?width=517&height=362

https://assets.americanrifleman.org/media/3318032/tri_sro_6.jpg?width=184&height=247
View Quote
I like it! Looks much better than the Acro to me. A rear lens to protect the emitter would make this almost perfect!

Does anyone else get the feeling that optics manufacturers are just copying the designs fron Destiny? These seriously look almost exactly like some of the different scope options in the game.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:30:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Looks like it would make a nice little cup to hold water inside a holster. Needs drain holes right at the lens.
View Quote
What it needs is a clear lens on the rear, sealing the emitter inside the short tube. That would be almost perfect!
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:33:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A truly innovative product, a brass deflector and makes a Glock look pretty when you take it off.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:49:24 AM EDT
[#21]
That window size is amazing. Like an updated C-more. Makes the ACRO with it's Terrible Tunnel look dumb.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:50:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

There is in the one I linked... Spoiler alert: It ain't cheap.
View Quote
MSRP is only $40 more than RMR. Give a minute for the hype to die down.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:53:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Look, now I have a cup holder for my appendix rig.

Someone page Mr. Cowen.

@45-Seventy Hope you don't mind me paging you, thought you would like to see this.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:57:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Makes me wonder if there's an RFP it there that says "round".  Then again round may actually help with picking up the dot.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:57:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Looks gay
View Quote
OH MY GOD !!!!!

You're right!  The whole thing looks like a dick.  I see it so clearly now.  Thanks for pointing it out!  What would people have thought about ME if I had a flaming homosexual erect giant throbbing penis mounted on my Glock?
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 7:58:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Did anyone catch a release date?
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 8:00:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Someone page Mr. Cowen.

@45-Seventy Hope you don't mind me paging you, thought you would like to see this.
View Quote
Cowen has probably been torture testing one secretly for the past 2 months.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 8:01:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 8:02:31 AM EDT
[#29]
A day of carry with my current MRDS in my shop ends up with it full of dust. Cant imagine how much debris that will collect in a holster in a field.

Does this move the emitter in between two lenses? If not, this is a solution in search of a problem IMO.

ETA: nope....
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 8:03:32 AM EDT
[#30]
3/10th of an inch taller than the standard RMR with about double the usable window
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 8:04:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That window size is amazing. Like an updated C-more. Makes the ACRO with it's Terrible Tunnel look dumb.
View Quote
yeah i kind of like it better
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 8:04:25 AM EDT
[#32]
First Look: Trijicon SRO (Specialized Reflex Optic)
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 8:09:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Yes please!  Looks like a better version of the C-More.  I'll have to try Carry optics for sure once I get one mounted up.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 8:10:47 AM EDT
[#34]
One of the major advantages of the RMR is the "owl horn" design which goes a long way to protecting the lens, this looks like it'll transfer a lot more energy from a drop into the lens.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 8:11:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'll be going w the aimpoint acro
View Quote
Same.  Idgaf what it looks like, just how it performs.  I liked my RMR but wasnt amazed by it and so I sold it a few months back.  Waiting on a sub $500 acro...

And knowing aimpoint I'll be waiting until hell freezes over but a man can dream lol
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 8:13:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Looks pretty slick to me.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 8:15:33 AM EDT
[#37]

Actually, I think it may be a good option for rifles.

ETA here is a SxS comparison from the vid

Link Posted: 4/25/2019 8:16:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
One of the major advantages of the RMR is the "owl horn" design which goes a long way to protecting the lens, this looks like it'll transfer a lot more energy from a drop into the lens.
View Quote
The owl horn in necessary due to the square design and how that concentrates force into the corners. Study the arch, round dissipates force much better, it's why you don't see guards on traditional tube optics.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 8:27:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yes please!  Looks like a better version of the C-More.  I'll have to try Carry optics for sure once I get one mounted up.
View Quote
If its reliable, it will make a great Open gun optic also.  especially with the 5 moa dot
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 9:00:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Here is a youtube vid

FIRST LOOK: The Trijicon SRO Is the Most Intuitive Red Dot Ever Created
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 9:04:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Nice, want one for the G40 and Benelli M2
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 9:12:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is in the one I linked... Spoiler alert: It ain't cheap.
Just an observation... I pay for good gear.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 9:13:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
https://media.giphy.com/media/g6CDJ1j2StwJy/giphy.gif

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/135833/FB3D03A4-1A1B-4F6A-A9E0-AFD0E5473446-924074.png
View Quote
Good gawd it appears huge compared to the RMR.

Better for gun games, but for a carry gun I'd much rather have the RMR.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 9:13:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

OH MY GOD !!!!!

You're right!  The whole thing looks like a dick.  I see it so clearly now.  Thanks for pointing it out!  What would people have thought about ME if I had a flaming homosexual erect giant throbbing penis mounted on my Glock?
View Quote
A flaming homosexual erect giant throbbing penis on my Glock?

Dammit son, WHY DIDNT YOU SAY SO?!

I’m in for 3
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 9:18:29 AM EDT
[#45]
I was thinking about this on the drive in. I want a good red dot for one of my M&Ps ... love the size of the window on my Romeo1, and this might actually be slightly larger than that. Like the size of the R1 with the shroud, which isn’t bad at all.

My biggest beef with the RMR was the size of the window- it was too easy for me to lose the dot and have to slew around for it. With work on the drawstroke I can minimize that, but to be “on” I personally really need the larger window. Maybe it’s my monkey arms, I dunno. If these are durable and easy to keep the emitter clean, they’ll sell a ton of them, and possibly one to me if I can find someone to mill my loaded chamber indicator “feature” slide.

All I know is, this is a great time to have a red dot on a pistol.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 9:26:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Someone page Mr. Cowen.

View Quote
Ha! Didn’t even see the tag but I was all over this thread.

I kinda like it... makes me question the fact that I just had my new CO gun built around a DPP.

This could definitely be a winner.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 9:31:04 AM EDT
[#47]
I think they were really smart to go the opposite direction of the Acro.  More window, backward compatible mounting,  less tint, not much larger overall.

Compared to what's on the market I either want more window or smaller total package. Acro fails at both.

I don't care about sealed emitters or whatever other boogey man.  I've been shooting and carrying MRDS handguns for 7+ years and don't find any of that necessary.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#48]
With the extra longer frame, I assume I will need to dremel my holsters...
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 9:41:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I was thinking about this on the drive in. I want a good red dot for one of my M&Ps ... love the size of the window on my Romeo1, and this might actually be slightly larger than that. Like the size of the R1 with the shroud, which isn’t bad at all.

My biggest beef with the RMR was the size of the window- it was too easy for me to lose the dot and have to slew around for it. With work on the drawstroke I can minimize that, but to be “on” I personally really need the larger window. Maybe it’s my monkey arms, I dunno. If these are durable and easy to keep the emitter clean, they’ll sell a ton of them, and possibly one to me if I can find someone to mill my loaded chamber indicator “feature” slide.

All I know is, this is a great time to have a red dot on a pistol.
View Quote
I don't get how a larger window is gonna help, but I only have experience with an RMR sized window.  If you're missing the dot, it's because your eye is too far off from being directly behind the dot.  The dot is the same size, so how does a bigger frame around it help?

Scratch that, took mine out of the safe - can see that with a larger window, you can be further off of perfect alignment and still see that dot.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://media.giphy.com/media/g6CDJ1j2StwJy/giphy.gif

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/135833/FB3D03A4-1A1B-4F6A-A9E0-AFD0E5473446-924074.png

I'd rather have an optic that makes picking up the red dot much easier for self defense vs having something that just has a smaller footprint.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top