Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
... I've never been great with comedy, practically all the attempts I try fail miserably
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was making a boomer joke.
... I've never been great with comedy, practically all the attempts I try fail miserably
Just makes the ones that work that much better.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 12:51:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh good! So Hollywood is finally going after Democrats and Antifa. Great news everyone!
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks for reminding me to cancel HBO.

I’m going to finish Bad Times at the El Royale tonight which I’m really enjoying. .
View Quote
Nah, just don't. Seriously. The movie starts off so good but then the last act fucking sucks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 12:57:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Tha'ts the same guy that wrote the hard to follow and understand Lost and Prometheus.

White Supremacists do exist, but its tiring to see the left constantly preach it in entertainment.  They exist just as there is a cadre of Pro-Marxist Jews that have an agenda that is very similar to what the Nazi's wanted.  Total Control-of people, wealth, thought, etc...

You cannot heal old wounds or unite with people via guilt tripping.  But then again, its not really about uniting people with Progressive activists at the helm.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Tha'ts the same guy that wrote the hard to follow and understand Lost and Prometheus.

White Supremacists do exist, but its tiring to see the left constantly preach it in entertainment.  They exist just as there is a cadre of Pro-Marxist Jews that have an agenda that is very similar to what the Nazi's wanted.  Total Control-of people, wealth, thought, etc...

You cannot heal old wounds or unite with people via guilt tripping.  But then again, its not really about uniting people with Progressive activists at the helm.
View Quote
I actually like this guys work. Chances are he had to work in something like this to get his show made.

The show about the rapture this guy did with HBO was great the first two seasons, then it seemed like HBO made him kill it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
He's Jewish.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh..self-loathing white people......
He's Jewish.
he called himself white and Jewish in the same sentence of his interview ....
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 1:02:53 PM EDT
[#7]
My God, how much a difference a decade can make.  Just 10 years ago this messaging wasn't so obvious.  Now it's everywhere and in everything.

Too bad, I was looking forward to the Watchman series.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I actually like this guys work. Chances are he had to work in something like this to get his show made.

The show about the rapture this guy did with HBO was great the first two seasons, then it seemed like HBO made him kill it.
View Quote
What show was that?
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
All whites Trump supporters are white supremacists, did you know that you racist?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I acknowledge that white supremacist exist, I've never known one personally but they do exist.

I have no problem with a show as them being the villain, but I have a sense they will portray people that aren't white supremacist as such.
All whites Trump supporters are white supremacists, did you know that you racist?
Fixed it for you
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He's Jewish.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh..self-loathing white people......
He's Jewish.
The Whitest people I know are Jews.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 1:05:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What show was that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What show was that?
The leftovers.

The first two seasons were awesome. Seemed like HBO made him kill it badly.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 1:11:29 PM EDT
[#12]
This has nothing to do with the show but, if sjw's think WS assimilated the "okay"  symbol and people shouldn't use it anymore.  If I was a WS I would have my organization use every single hand sign ever thought of in our social media.  If it's that easy, corrupt them all.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 1:12:59 PM EDT
[#13]
A lot of people here will bitch, and then they'll go on subscribing to HBO, Netflix, Hulu, and all the other shit that promotes this garbage and provides all these assbags with a living.  A living which they then use to try to undermine that which people here hold dear.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Not really surprising because it seems like 90% of the bad guys in cast movies and TV are White today , they are the universal enemy.

Creating show with an evil White supremacist group is just par for the course and plays right into the Democrats narrative for 2020.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Turn off your TV.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 1:23:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Yawn.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 1:25:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Turn off your TV.
View Quote
Or stop watching cape shit
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 1:26:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I mean, I thought the movie sucked, so I was never going to watch the series anyway
View Quote
The Comedian was a perfect character. Clown world. Based. Red-pilled. But yeah, the movie was all communitarian. Rorschach died a good death.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 1:30:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Alan Moore is already distancing himself from it, to the point of "don't use my name..."

They say they're not changing the storyline of the original... Just exploring other things that might have happened. Suuuuuuuuuuuuure...
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 1:33:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This
View Quote
Stop looking forward to the mindless consumerism.

The days of films or shows not brow beating you with propaganda has ended if it’s coming directly out if Hollywood.

Instead of a movie pick up an instrument, book, or other hobby instead.

FUCK EVERYTHING COMING OUT HOLLYWOOD.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Shame. Was looking forward to it.
View Quote
Same here
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 2:49:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Me too, loved the movie.

Oh well, this will save me from having to subscribe to HBO again.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#24]
If Hollywood and the media keep accusing people of being white supremacists, I expect some of them will actually start to embrace white supremacy.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Me too, loved the movie.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Me too, loved the movie.

This particular guy just might bait and switch em.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If Hollywood and the media keep accusing people of being white supremacists, I expect some of them will actually start to embrace white supremacy.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure that is the point.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 3:00:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think they appreciate what they're doing here.  I see a lot of white Gen Z males that seem to be divided into two camps.  Cucks who will conform to whatever the dominate left wing culture demands, and those that are starting to say in increasing numbers - "You've told me that I'm a racist my entire life.  Fine.  Fuck it, I'll show you what a racist is really like".

I think the left is going to be shocked at what they've created at some point. We haven't see real organized racism in this country since the 1960s.  We're on a course to see it again.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Pure garbage. White people, the only ones to get bashed anymore and still PC.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 3:04:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Or stop watching cape shit
View Quote
You're so mature.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 3:17:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I don't think they appreciate what they're doing here.  I see a lot of white Gen Z males that seem to be divided into two camps.  Cucks who will conform to whatever the dominate left wing culture demands, and those that are starting to say in increasing numbers - "You've told me that I'm a racist my entire life.  Fine.  Fuck it, I'll show you what a racist is really like".

I think the left is going to be shocked at what they've created at some point. We haven't see real organized racism in this country since the 1960s.  We're on a course to see it again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they understand that. I think they want that. I think that Is the point.

Lets say you were a nice person that politely minds your own business, and I smacked you every time I saw you and told you not to be an asshole. After the 100th time, you would punch me in the face because I made you into an asshole.

That equation Is easy to understand. Everyone understands it. Well everyone but GD mods.

I mean Jews, a tiny minority that God wills to represent a far outsized influence in our society, lecturing and libeling the people that allow them access to it, is a smack in the face. Especially when they represent the party of racism.

I think they want you to hate them. I really do. Meh.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm willing to bet, they are going to take regular conservatives saying things like "Gee, I wish my taxes were lower" or... "Maybe we should deport illegal immigrants that commit violent crimes", and *THAT* will be all the "evidence" the show will give us, that the character is a "MUH RACIST".
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#33]
It's endlessly hilarious to me, watching soft, indolent western communists invent all kinds of idiotic garbage in order to lend meaning and purpose to their otherwise empty, disinteresting lives.

"Confronting white supremacy."

That's about as "brave" as feminists yelling at old geezers who hold doors open for them out of courtesy.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 3:32:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Looks terrible.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 3:33:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was making a boomer joke.
Christian Babyboomers are OBSESSED with Israel and Jews.
They literally act like Israel is part of the Holy Trinity. It is honestly quite cringeworthy.

Think about all the weebs who worship everything Japanese. Those types who love Japan so much, that they even pretend to like things they don't really like... just because it is Japanese. I know you like Anime, and you probably like Sushi too. I do too. I'm not talking about that. I'm pretty sure you don't like dancing, headless squid for lunch... and neither do I. Those Weebs that are so extreme, they would eat that shit, and pretend to like it... whilst they are suppressing their gag reflex because it is actually really disgusting. "But hey! Look at my JAPAN cred GUISE!"

Christian Babyboomers are *WORSE* in that respect. Some will even go so far as to suddenly "discover" that they have Jewish blood in them, and that they are part Jew... and then become absolutely INSUFFERABLE about it. Start wearing David's star, won't STFU about Jewish shit, constantly make Jewish jokes (which kind of reminds me of that guy who converted to Judaism just for the jokes, in Seinfeld). Etc etc etc. It literally becomes a CENTRAL part of their newfound [and likely erroneous] identity... Like those gay people who never shut up about it

The only issue with that particular subset, is that they remind me of Elizabeth Warren... priding themselves on something that is likely only a miniscule percentage, if it even exists at all.

It is so fucking pathetic.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Black Supremacy

Link Posted: 7/25/2019 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Well, The Boys starts on Prime tomorrow.  Guess I'll get my (anti) superhero fix there.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I think they understand that. I think they want that. I think that Is the point.

Lets say you were a nice person that politely minds your own business, and I smacked you every time I saw you and told you not to be an asshole. After the 100th time, you would punch me in the face because I made you into an asshole.

That equation Is easy to understand. Everyone understands it. Well everyone but GD mods.

I mean Jews, a tiny minority that God wills to represent a far outsized influence in our society, lecturing and libeling the people that allow them access to it, is a smack in the face. Especially when they represent the party of racism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was a really good article about the dangers of Jews trying to stir up anti-white hatred.

Essentially it argued that outside of White America and Europe, people dont see any distinction between Whites and Jews. If any distinction is made...  the distinction is to paint the Jews in a far more negative light, rather than a positive or exculpatory one.

https://www.takimag.com/article/flinging_poo_at_a_jew_david_cole/

The Author of that article is a Holocaust Denying Jew... (weird I know), but his article is spot on in regards to how the outside world (meaning, outside American/European White circles) views Jewish people. They are typically viewed with indifference or viewed as worse than white people.

ETA: The title might seem objectionable, but it is in reference to a Jewish business owner who moved into a neighborhood, expecting to be accepted by the minorities, but instead was seen as yet another White Gentrifyer, and had fecal matter thrown at his business.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 4:07:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There was a really good article about the dangers of Jews trying to stir up anti-white hatred.

Essentially it argued that outside of White America and Europe, people dont see any distinction between Whites and Jews. If any distinction is made...  the distinction is to paint the Jews in a far more negative light, rather than a positive or exculpatory one.

The Author of that article is a Holocaust Denying Jew... (weird I know), but his article is spot on in regards to how the outside world (meaning, outside American/European White circles) views Jewish people. They are typically viewed with indifference or viewed as worse than white people.
View Quote
That's probably a fair assessment of the way the a lot of the world thinks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 4:13:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I legitimately don't think a guy who denies the holocaust has the marbles to make much of an observation on how the world sees Jews. I mean that is a level of self hatred that I can't even begin to unpack.

But I think all hatred begins with self hatred. I don't think you can want to engender hatred in others without self hatred.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 4:15:36 PM EDT
[#41]
So you're going to take a story centering around anti-heroes and famous for its shades of grey, and then you are going to turn it into a black and white story about the unquestioningly evil white supremacists?  It's not going to be good.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I legitimately don't think a guy who denies the holocaust has the marbles to make much of an observation on how the world sees Jews. I mean that is a level of self hatred that I can't even begin to unpack.

But I think all hatred begins with self hatred. I don't think you can want to engender hatred in others without self hatred.
View Quote
Read the article.

He makes very valid points, and my experience with minorities has mostly confirmed everything he says about how they view Jews.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Look at how many people hate Jews.    There is an irrational hatred of them and it's been around for centuries.    I think you can see that hatred and (stupidly) not believe in the holocaust.    I will never understand the holocaust deniers though . Maybe it's just age/time separation thing.

I don't see how you can deny all of the reports and pictures from it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I see a few 88ers have shown up already. Let's see how many can out themselves.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 4:18:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So you're going to take a story centering around anti-heroes and famous for its shades of grey, and then you are going to turn it into a black and white story about the unquestioningly evil white supremacists?  It's not going to be good.
View Quote
Actually, in Bioshock Infinite, it starts out as a "Black vs White" fight against an "EVIL Racist Christian-Capitalist Society"... but as soon as the "Revolution" takes hold, they show themselves to be every bit as evil (if not more) as their oppressors.

IF that is the angle they go with in the show, I might enjoy it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 4:23:07 PM EDT
[#46]
You could already see that from the short teasers. They basically threw Rorschach under the bus and made him a Nazi. Fuck HBO
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I see a few 88ers have shown up already. Let's see how many can out themselves.
View Quote
Oh stfu
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 4:30:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I mean, I thought the movie sucked, so I was never going to watch the series anyway
View Quote
I enjoyed the movie, especially the rorshack character.  Excellent name - how you see him reveals more about yourself than it does about him!

Was looking forward to a series, expecting it to be about a group of people carrying on Rorshack's efforts.

Thank you, Entertainment Industry, for fucking up everything you touch.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
The left has been creating their own monsters and they won’t like it when they’re finally fed up
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top