Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How is this a problem?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A major part of his problem is that his government employees take their State and municpal retirement liabilities with them when they go bye bye....
How is this a problem?
@whiskerz

They come down here and out price the locals in housing. I had a lieutenant when I was assigned to the Miami Field Office that is retired NYPD. He moved down to Coral Gables because he found it "cheap". Yeah, the Gables.... cheap. A plage where a 1920s stucco built 2 bedroom, 1 bath, 1,000 sqft home goes for $700k is cheap to him. He pulls over $150k in pension from NYPD and makes another $60k as a Lt in Miami. His paycheck can't afford the cost of living in Miami. But his pension can.

Me on the other hand, I can't fucking survive down there because folks like him came down and caused a bidding war on everything that has a roof. They throw $300k on a house like it is nothing while us poor slobs are priced out.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 7:27:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yea because all the Puerto Ricans and Cubans vote so Republican.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And they're taking their bleeding heart liberal bullshit with them
Yea because all the Puerto Ricans and Cubans vote so Republican.....
Someone doesn't know Cuban American history.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
In before Cuomo bans “Sunny Florida” posters in the subway system.  
View Quote
I hear he's working on plans for the NY National Guard to invade Florida and have them force all former NYers back to NY.

I'm surprised that NY doesn't have a tax law like CA, which allows them to go after a portion of former California residents' retirement proportional to what amount of their retirement was earned in CA.

There was a push by CA to go after military retirements of people who had simply been stationed in CA but the Soldiers And Sailors Relief Act prevented that.  But people who spent their working lives in ca and then moved someplace cheap for retirement were the targets and CA was winning their court cases.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
New York State has a total budget roughly of 175 billion.

With more people living in Florida we get by with a measily budget of 75 billion.
View Quote
$100B of that comes from the federal taxpayer, & NY can't cover the remaining $75B on their own...
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#5]
so is NC

so tired of seeing gold and blue license plates

go home
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 7:35:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
so is NC

so tired of seeing yellow and blue license plates

go home
View Quote
My plates are still white...
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 7:39:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Translation: NY is ruining Florida.
View Quote
Nah, they've already ruined Florida,  now they're fuckin up Texas...
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 7:43:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
New York State has a total budget roughly of 175 billion.

With more people living in Florida we get by with a measily budget of 75 billion.
View Quote
Despotism isn't cheap in New York. In Florida, Police and Fire are paid shit.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#10]
They're moving to PA and voting for the same pieces of shit that destroyed NY
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
By all means, take them back.
View Quote
What he said...
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:03:23 PM EDT
[#12]
NC has taken on its fair share
Come take them back, they made their bed they need to lay in it
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:32:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

FPNI

New York can take them all back.
View Quote
This. 90% of them I encounter here are raging assholes of the highest magnitude who have a "well I don't care cause that's not how we do it in NY" attitude.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:06:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I wonder if he'd find it an insult if somebody told him he ought to build a wall like other communist countries.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:23:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You don't get to dictate terms. You'd do well to remember just who you're talking to; we've stolen from Cuba, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, and now New York. There's no stopping us!
View Quote
Don't forget all of those Haitians you people have RIPPED from Haiti!

Link Posted: 2/14/2019 12:13:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You don't get to dictate terms. You'd do well to remember just who you're talking to; we've stolen from Cuba, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, and now New York. There's no stopping us!
View Quote
Don't forget Haiti.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 7:53:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Build the wall!

Across I-95.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 7:58:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
FPNI

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not me, I don't want them here; I don't fucking care that you can drive in snow or how you did it back up north.
FPNI

Yup. Go home. Your liberal policies are fuckmg up my home and where I wanted to raise my kids
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 8:04:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 8:08:42 AM EDT
[#20]
FL will probably be getting a lot more after tax season. I'm already hearing the complaining from people back in NY who've done their taxes after the SALT deduction rules changed.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 8:10:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Everybody who's moved to Florida in the last 30 years should be tossed back to where he originally came from unless he can demonstrate that he is a reliable conservative who consistently supports all of our gun rights including those we've lost to compromisers.

Most of Florida's problems come from people moving here from the shithole states and bringing most of their liberal shithole attitudes with them.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 8:17:10 AM EDT
[#22]
i am sorry, this is the way our forefathers designed our country.  Each state can do different things and if the people don't like it, they can move to a free state.  This is supposed to keep the radical states in check, but does not seem to work anymore.  Michigan is a state that made bad decisions, Texas made good decision, but that may end soon too.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 8:22:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
FL will probably be getting a lot more after tax season. I'm already hearing the complaining from people back in NY who've done their taxes after the SALT deduction rules changed.
View Quote
It's going to be interesting to see what that does to NY house prices in the places outside NYC.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 8:45:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Liberalism is a disease that gestates in coastal cities then bursts like spores and spreads to healthy uninfected areas where it sinks in and spreads it's decay and corruption.

I fucking hate them. There will be no escaping the infection until it's burned out.
View Quote
Plently of Leftists were created in landlocked areas.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 8:47:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It's going to be interesting to see what that does to NY house prices in the places outside NYC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Plus the recent property tax reassessments in Nassau.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 8:47:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
MAGA!
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 8:50:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
MAGA!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
MAGA!
My buddy's usual refund went down $4,000. I didn't bother trying to explain effective tax rate.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 8:54:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This.

More fucking economic immigrants bringing ruin and destruction to their new squat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.

More fucking economic immigrants bringing ruin and destruction to their new squat.
^^^
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 8:58:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

My buddy's usual refund went down $4,000. I didn't bother trying to explain effective tax rate.
View Quote
Some people are just bad in math & money management - they need to give an interest free loan to the .gov as a forced savings plan...
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 9:01:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Some people are just bad in math & money management - they need to give an interest free loan to the .gov as a forced savings plan...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Indeed, that's why I didn't waste my time.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top