Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:17:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am going to protest this war like it was 1969
View Quote

In my head it sounded like the Prince song...
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:19:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What kind of yield could a uranium based weapon provide?  Is this a Hiroshima potential yield or can it be scaled larger?

I would guess that there is nothing more useless than one nuclear weapon.  You need multiples, and reliable methods of delivering them to targets.  Is the primary reason Iran is developing nuclear weapons to have the capability to use them tactically?  If so, against whom can they use them and not get flash fried in response?  Is the primary reason a fucked up version of national prestige?  Is it a doomsday suicide vest that they can wrap around their own populace to maintain a hold on internal power?

By any metric Iran's leadership is woefully incompetent.  They appear to specialize in self-inflicted wounds.

I feel sad for the people of Iran.  The regular slobs, not the elite wackadoos.
View Quote

And our current administration is using fear mongering to put us back into the bribery deal they made with the Mullahs.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:21:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Have we ever gotten a drop of oil out of the Middle-East that we didn't have to pay for?
View Quote
How nice of us. You pretending like Saddam being removed didnt allow Halliburton and BP more of the pie? Or a nice disruption in oil supply doesnt somehow help US markets and position?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:22:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Once again lets thank all the stupid assholes who voted democrat!
View Quote
Both Republican and Democrat will have a hand in an Iranian conflict and clap loudly as the Jdams drop on innocent people who want nothing to do with the conflict
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:22:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am going to protest this war like it was 1969
View Quote
All those flower children chicks are pretty weatherbeaten by now
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:22:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I smell a new war on the horizon.
View Quote

The question is, what are you prepared to do about it? We are a nation by, of, and for We The People. Although we send others from our ranks to handle matters of Government in Washington, WE ARE THE GOVERNMENT.

These motherfuckers are about to go to a foreign land and kill innocent people in your name, for you. The same illegitimately elected leaders that just permanently revoked your ability to choose who replaces them.

What are you prepared to do to stop this?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:24:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A clandestine nuclear program is a big deal, and problematic.  
View Quote
The only proof that a clandestine nuclear program is a problem has been written in ash on Japanese soil.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:24:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not there.  Only in brushfire wars, with American troops being used as UN Peacekeepers.   The Dems have to at least pay lip service to their far left antiwar nutcases.
View Quote

No they don’t. Now that the elections are fraudulent they don’t have to give a rats ass what their fringe want or what promises they made.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not to mention that invading a country for their oil at a time when the administration's stated position is to reduce our oil use, well, that's probably a little too preposterous, even for a daft Executive.
View Quote
The same way the administration is knuckles deep in oil ?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Hah.

No.  Biden admin is signaling another payoff to Iran.
View Quote

Yep. They need Hezbollah around to harass Israel. This is just them justifying re-entering the Iran deal. “We had to or they’d nuke us...”
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So Obama sending Iran pallets of our money paid off for their nuclear ambitions and Obama's VP now turned usurper is surprised? I guess the usurper forgot that you don't advertise the creation of an enemy them go to war with them if you want to keep what you have stolen!
View Quote
It was stupid but I want to make sure you understand thst was Iranian money that had been seized.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Valerie Jarret - who likely wrote the Iran nuclear deal for Obummer, is spouting off today - NOT about Iran.

Oh no.  She’s opining on transgender issues and attacking republican senators:

https://news.yahoo.com/valerie-jarrett-decries-sen-cornyn-194855013.html

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:28:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What kind of yield could a uranium based weapon provide?  Is this a Hiroshima potential yield or can it be scaled larger?

I would guess that there is nothing more useless than one nuclear weapon.  You need multiples, and reliable methods of delivering them to targets.  Is the primary reason Iran is developing nuclear weapons to have the capability to use them tactically?  If so, against whom can they use them and not get flash fried in response?  Is the primary reason a fucked up version of national prestige?  Is it a doomsday suicide vest that they can wrap around their own populace to maintain a hold on internal power?

By any metric Iran's leadership is woefully incompetent.  They appear to specialize in self-inflicted wounds.

View Quote
A nuclear weapon for Iran makes it that much harder to be invaded. If I was in Iran and looked around at what is left it would make sense. Libya , Syria, Yemen, Iraq, Afghanistan , Turkey all getting skulldrug by one country or another. Iran and Saudi Arabia might be the only two countries NOT to suffer a coup , outside influence or invasion in the last 30 years
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:29:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

As someone who is neither israeli nor Iranian, why should I give a shit?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I thought too.

If they nuke Israel, Israel will nuke Iran more.

As someone who is neither israeli nor Iranian, why should I give a shit?

because, believe it or not you will be directly affected in a very negative way.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's only one reason, the same reason as every other nuclear power on the face of the planet: national sovereignty. Without nukes you're Libya or Ukraine Crimea. With them, you're Kim Jong-un or Netanyahu.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:31:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
In before Liberals celebrate the end of the Human Race.
View Quote

Its for the environment.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My guess is the Iranians will test their first bomb over down town Jerusalem.
kwg
View Quote

you think they'd nuke the Dome of the Rock?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:31:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The only proof that a clandestine nuclear program is a problem has been written in ash on Japanese soil.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You actually believe that? Why are you here?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Imagine where they'd be if she won in 2016
View Quote

I wonder where we'd be.

Very hard to say, could be worse could be better because we would have likely kept the house and maybe the senate. Might have avoided the dem trifecta nightmare we have now.

We'll never know.

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#20]
The international nuclear inspectors said there is nothing to see here. These aren't the drones you are looking for.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Send the a trillion dollars... stat!
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was answering the question. Out of context doesnt make sense. I am saying that WE had a clandestine nuclear program and that pretending we didnt is silly. The United States likes to use scary words
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:40:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

And our current administration is using fear mongering to put us back into the bribery deal they made with the Mullahs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:41:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yep. They need Hezbollah around to harass Israel. This is just them justifying re-entering the Iran deal. “We had to or they’d nuke us...”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hah.

No.  Biden admin is signaling another payoff to Iran.

Iran is our most dangerous rival!
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wag the dog

Distract the US population from Xiden's EOs
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#26]
same as the old military industrial complex but this time, it's worth dying for.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Sadly, I agree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sadly, I agree.

i called it weeks ago that we'd be in a war with Iran by Spring
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 2:22:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I was answering the question. Out of context doesnt make sense. I am saying that WE had a clandestine nuclear program and that pretending we didnt is silly. The United States likes to use scary words
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you comparing the US in WW2 involved in total world war and a psychotic Iranian regime bent on the destruction of the West and saying they are the same?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 2:37:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Are you comparing the US in WW2 involved in total world war and a psychotic Iranian regime bent on the destruction of the West and saying they are the same?
View Quote
I am saying we developed nuclear weapons in secret . And now it is a crime in the eyes of the international community to have a hidden program when the world tells you that you cant. How we always assume the moral high ground as a nation that does the exact same thing our enemies do is crazy. Every example you can ever give of the "bad" things Iran has "done" I can give you American examples in multiples.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Syria was on schedule for mechanical assembly of plutonium-based weapons some time during 2010.

No posturing, no threats, no ultimatums, just a very quiet , clear and proven path to a viable, low cost weapons program.

To assume that these weapons are being developed as a deterrence is a dangerous assumption.

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#31]
We should send Nobel peace prize nominee Stacey over there Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:12:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
We should send Nobel peace prize nominee Stacey over there https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/AFA275D7-4591-465D-980B-8340450CE5E0_jpe-1806395.JPG
View Quote

Should watch her interview with Colbert, very telling based on her reaction what went down
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
How old is this supposed to be?  Biden has been President for only 12 days.  Even if within those 12 days he eased up sanctions (and I’m not sure he did), it seems physically impossible that they can suddenly go from years away to weeks away.  If Iran is closer to a nuke now than they were two or three years ago, that’s on the previous administration.

But this is GD, so logic doesn’t apply.  FJB and all.
View Quote

It's on Obama.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My guess is the Iranians will test their first bomb over down town Jerusalem.
kwg
View Quote

This. Iran has an eminence hatred of Israel.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They wont do shit. This is all about getting a reason to invade a country with oil. Its "pre crime" on a national scale and they are using Israel as a reason to invade a country to keep them in the 19th century
View Quote

That's bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
"Secret Nuclear Program" is stupid to begin with. OH FUCKING GEE a nation doing what it wants. Imagine that. Im willing to bet the US had a "Secret Nuclear Program" at one time. And those "Secret Nuclear Sites" WOW such a new concept when its a country we dont like . The rhetoric and propaganda is old news. Iran kicked us tge fuck out in 1979 because they didnt want US influence. Boomers in charge have been pissed since.
View Quote

Some nations shouldn't be allowed to do as they want. Some, like Iran, are evil actors.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:30:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It was stupid but I want to make sure you understand thst was Iranian money that had been seized.
View Quote

And the Iranians seized lots of US assets, stealing from the American owners. So it isn't the case that all that money rightfully belonged to Iran. And Obama sweetened the deal with additional cash.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:33:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

you think they'd nuke the Dome of the Rock?
View Quote

I suspect they would. It was only about establishing a Muslim holy site to justify taking it away from Jews or Christians.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I am saying we developed nuclear weapons in secret . And now it is a crime in the eyes of the international community to have a hidden program when the world tells you that you cant. How we always assume the moral high ground as a nation that does the exact same thing our enemies do is crazy. Every example you can ever give of the "bad" things Iran has "done" I can give you American examples in multiples.
View Quote

You are broken.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Good for them. Let that guy sitting in the chair now, keep giving them our tax $$, just so they can be "our friends,wink, wink.."and see how "by the rules", they play. I'll just sit here, and await the red glow. F Iran and F xiden! Too old now to GAF! 10ring
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You are broken.
View Quote
Far from it. Im not gping to hop on the war train to take down the one nation left standing in the mid east thst doesnt agree with us . Plenty of genocide, war, threats to populations and evil much closer to home than Iran. You know as well as I they will be a one trick pony in the nuclear game . I doubt even sub launched. I would rather see them attack the US homeland and we retaliate than we act first, We know what getting in a war every decade gets us. Lets try a little isolationism now.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 7:20:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Pretty soon headlines will read:

“Biden White House says Anerican gun owners are weeks from nuclear weapon”
View Quote

Don't laugh.

During the Waco standoff, an interviewer from National Public Radio asked Bob Brown of Soldier of Fortune "if the Branch Davidians could have stolen nuclear weapons from the former Soviet Union".

He deadpanned, "Yeah, I guess."  It was radio, but you could hear his eyes roll.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
They wont do shit. This is all about getting a reason to invade a country with oil. Its "pre crime" on a national scale and they are using Israel as a reason to invade a country to keep them in the 19th century
View Quote

If Iran is in the 19th century, they've jumped ahead a thousand years without anyone noticing.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Hopefully Israel bombs the shit out of Iran's reactor and all associated stuff.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

because, believe it or not you will be directly affected in a very negative way.
View Quote

The only threat to me is from the US government getting involved.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 11:54:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Then gives them cash
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Possibly.  Besides a war started by crazies with nuclear weapons in a death cult, you're going to have a mid-east nuclear arms race.  Look for the Saudis and other countries to develop/acquire nuclear weapons as a counterbalance to Iran.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top