User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Although Chicago deep dish is good, I would not call it pizza.

It's a casserole people, a casserole.

When the moon hits your eye
Like a big-a pizza pie

NY style crust isn't a pie.  Pies are thick with toppings, like Chicago style pizza.

So you are quoting a song as your basis for proof? Hmmm, ok.  Then one could interpret that as a pie is round, and so is NY pizza.  We can do this all day.

Casseroles are made in a 9x13" rectangular pyrex dish.  Chicago deep dish isn't made in a 9x13" rectangular pyrex dish.  Chicago deep dish is a pizza pie and NY thin crust is a pizza disc.

Funny, when I was stationed in Italy, the so called birth place of pizza, I never ate pizza with a fork.

And just so we are clear, I don't think Chicago style sucks, it's a worthwhile heart attack, it's just not pizza.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#2]
In before the Shi-cah-goh crowd claims their lasagna soup is better......oh, too late?
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Fried catfish nuggets with cheese grits, anyday, over pizza.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Truer words were never spoken!
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:37:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'd take a perfectly grilled steak over it too, but that's not the point
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Chicago pizza is matched in the department only by their hot dogs with pickles.

All that wind has fucked you guys up.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 5:15:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Chicago style>NY style.

This.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Everything else is crap.

Pity I'll never get the chance to try it as I won't be setting foot in that city/state again until the people that live there grow a set and make better political decisions.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I prefer the taste of freedom over delicious pizza.

This, and there's nothing pizza in NY that you can't make at home.

It's fucking pizza, not rocket science.

This^^
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:01:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I have had New York style pizza in New York.  It sucks.

You want good pizza?  Come to Ohio, and I'll show you good pizza.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I have been to Chicago once. And that is the best pizza I have ever had.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Chicago + Fork /= Pizza
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:08:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have no use for chicago or new york. Not even pizza.

Then EAT YOUR SUSHI AND HUSH!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#15]
NY pizza? Yea, if I see a homeless guy with a will work for food sign, I'll offer him a NY pizza, to clean my toilets. Even Ethopians won't eat that crap. Chicago pizza, everything else is only good to fill potholes.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't get why nowhere else has great pizza.  I live in NY (not the city!), I've worked in shops making neopolitan pizza, I could move to any state and make the exact same pizza...  So why isn't there great NY style pizza all over the country?  That being said, what state wants one more avid gun enthusiast/ pizza maker?  Seriously, I need to get out of this hell hole.

Exactly my point above. I've had some of the best pizza in my life in out of the way places. Wood fired specialty joint in WV that my friend runs is fucking to die for, absolutely awesome. Had some in Phoenix that rivaled anything I ate in NYC. NY has a lot of good ones in a small area. That's the only draw, period.

Where at? I live in Phoenix, and would definitely like to try.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chicago/California style is not pizza.

http://www.troll.me/images/the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world/i-dont-always-have-something-to-say-but-when-i-do-you-shut-your-whore-mouth.jpg

New Haven is better than NY any day of the week.   Also, Chicago can do NY pizza 10x better than NY could even attempt then one of the varieties of Chicago pizza pie.

By the way, that guy is an obama supporter.

Suddenly no longer the most amazing man in the world anymore.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#18]

DUDE...................somebody burned your cracker!!!

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:11:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You can have both!
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Sorry OP. Best pizza is in Rome, Italy.

http://www.ilpomodorino.org
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:14:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's the water.

Truth

BINGO. NYC has the CLEANEST water in the United States. It goes into the dough, it goes into the sauce. IT'S A BIG DEAL. Want to make great pizza like NY? sucks, you can't. ,

Also, i've had pizza in Naples Italy. It's pretty damn good, and NY comes real close. I've had pizza in CT, while good, nowhere near correct. Chicago doesn't make pizza. it makes a casserole with a doughy bottom. California fucks it up like they do with everything else.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#22]

pizza
noun    (Concise Encyclopedia)

Food of Neapolitan origin. It consists of a flattened disk of bread dough, typically topped with olive oil, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese, baked quickly, and served hot. Pizza is eaten throughout Italy, with regional variations in toppings. Pizza came to the U.S. with Italian immigrants; the first U.S. pizzeria opened in 1905, and pizza became one of the nation's favourite foods after World War II. It is now popular worldwide.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:18:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

pizza
noun    (Concise Encyclopedia)

Food of Neapolitan origin. It consists of a flattened disk of bread dough, typically topped with olive oil, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese, baked quickly, and served hot. Pizza is eaten throughout Italy, with regional variations in toppings. Pizza came to the U.S. with Italian immigrants; the first U.S. pizzeria opened in 1905, and pizza became one of the nation's favourite foods after World War II. It is now popular worldwide.

ETA: forgot to document.  http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pizza
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:18:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's the water.

Truth

BINGO. NYC has the CLEANEST water in the United States. It goes into the dough, it goes into the sauce. IT'S A BIG DEAL. Want to make great pizza like NY? sucks, you can't. ,

Also, i've had pizza in Naples Italy. It's pretty damn good, and NY comes real close. I've had pizza in CT, while good, nowhere near correct. Chicago doesn't make pizza. it makes a casserole with a doughy bottom. California fucks it up like they do with everything else.
Yeah... because distilled water doesn't exist outside of NY.

You *CAN* get good tasting NY style pizza even here in Phoenix... but you won't get it at NJ prices. In NJ, a large Peperoni Pizza will cost you about $10. Here? Try, $17 from the good places.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:19:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
It's the water.

Truth

Yeah... because distilled water doesn't exist outside of NY.

You *CAN* get good tasting NY style pizza even here in Phoenix... but you won't get it at NJ prices. In NJ, a large Peperoni Pizza will cost you about $10. Here? Try, $17 from the good places.

AZ has a place that always ranks in top of the country for pizza.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Mellow Mushroom has the best pizza.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:23:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You are joking right.  That's not a question BTW.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#28]

The Italian hair gel is the secret and a few picks of the crack in between to add a' roma.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:25:23 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This, and there's nothing pizza in NY that you can't make at home.

It's fucking pizza, not rocket science.
The ~970f oven definitely helps.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:26:41 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's the water.

Truth

Water filtration exists pretty much, well, everywhere else that makes pizza. Are you seriously going to postulate that the secret to good pizza is clean water?

Seriously?

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Chicago. There is no doubt.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Fuck pizza, NYC has amazing fiya fighters!

And yes, "it's da watta there".
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:34:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

well said.....

Yea. I'll stick to Papa John's where I can have my pizza and freedom.

Papa John's?? That's not pizza. That's slop on a piece of simulated dough product!

I'll take Papa John's and keep my 30 round mags; you may keep all things NY.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:35:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Op,

I concur.

I am not reading all the posts and responses and I will not check after I post this.

Anyone who thinks that ANYTHING is wrong with what the OP posted has no business being in a discussion about pizza.

No deep dish chicago shit, no machine pressed shit...nada, it's all shit compared to east coast pie.

I miss it dearly

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A good pizza can keep me satisfied under the boot of tyranny

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:23:58 PM EDT
[#36]
You are all wrong.  My mother made the best pizza. She is a Jersey girl.  NJ sucks for gun onwners, but has some of the
best pizza in the US. I had pizza in NY, and always though NJ pizza was better. I have tried pizza in many parts of the US and
Canada, Jouzies is better. I am not saying that because I was a pie man, oh, no, yes
I am saying that because I was a pie man.  

Nutley and Belleville NJ has some of the best Pizza around.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:25:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are joking right.  That's not a question BTW.

Have you been to centennial or the Denver locations?  Nope, I'm serious. Cosmic Karma is the best resteraunt pizza there is.... outside of NYC.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:26:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Probably smells like Big foots dick.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#39]
New Haven. Pepe's, Sally's, & Modern. End of discussion. (Lombardo's in NYC is fantastic, too).
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
New Haven. Pepe's, Sally's, & Modern. End of discussion. (Lombardo's in NYC is fantastic, too).

This fuckin guy, he gets it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the water.
Truth

From the wiki link posted on the last page:

The most notable difference between New York-style and other American pizzas is its thin hand-tossed crust, made from a high-gluten bread flour. The flavor and texture of the crust has sometimes been attributed to the minerals present in the New York City water used to make the dough. Some out-of-state pizza makers even transport the water cross-country for the sake of authenticity.

So which is it?  Clean water? Or dirty "mineral rich" water?

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Old Monte's NY pizza in Punta Gorda FL. They are just now going to rebuild after hurricane Charlie. They are going to reopen in their old location.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 11:29:47 PM EDT
[#43]
The pic in the OP is pathetic, that's a pizza only a metro would enjoy. Is there a point in being "different" by using large chunks of mozzarella that wont melt properly? One bite has all sauce and no cheese, the next bite is all cheese...lame.

Artsy-fartsy metro shit.
However, NY style pizza ftw...with 15m radius muslim repelling pepperoni placement.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 11:31:45 PM EDT
[#44]
first of all that looks like shit.
second, there are only so many ways to make pizza . all the new yorkers who talk about how no ny pizza compares to the ny pizza in ny are also full of shit.

third,  same thing goes for you shicago pizza people.

Link Posted: 2/24/2013 12:12:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Not sure if it was asked, but OP is that a pie form Lombardi's in NYC?
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 12:30:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Chicago makes better pizza and hot dogs. Yeah, I said it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 12:47:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Just because you said it does not make it true!  

Pizza and Hot dogs in WNY are by far the best I have EVER had.

Link Posted: 2/24/2013 1:26:11 AM EDT
[#48]
I've had pie in Chicago and it was ok and some of it was good.

I've had pizza from New York that was really good.

Cleveland ain't much but it's home and has some AMAZING pizza.  And I'm honestly not biased. Cleveland sucks for the most part
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 5:42:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just because you said it does not make it true!  

Pizza and Hot dogs in WNY are by far the best I have EVER had.

http://www.buffalofoods.net/images/hotdogsG.jpg

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2009-06-25-teds_ripped.jpg

http://s3-media3.ak.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/GNpVA3QDUzSxM7-HLb_atQ/l.jpg

http://buffaloeats.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/photo-23.jpg

Real hotdogs have a natural casing, and are filled w/ ground beef and or pork.  They have texture and you can visibly see that they where made w/ ground meat not some mystery paste.   Arguing over other types of hot dogs is equivalent to debating who makes the best frozen pizza.
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 6:03:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top