Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#1]

I had a bit of a bad breakup with Ford last go 'round, but if they do this I may be back in... all that overhead timing apparatus fucks up cost/repairs..
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 1:27:56 PM EDT
[#2]
This is good.

If they finally learned how to build a cam phaser worth a shit and put it in this thing, then Ford's powertrains may no longer put me off of buying their vehicles
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 1:28:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the idea but it will probably have auto stop/start and cylinder deactivation garbage tacked on.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep, Twin Turbo Ecoboost 6.8
View Quote
If they put a twin turbo gas V8 in the super duty's I'd buy one tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Because more power is better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But why?

Mo MPG is mo bettah
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 1:32:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I like the idea but it will probably have auto stop/start and cylinder deactivation garbage tacked on.
View Quote

By the time this comes out, there won’t even be a button on the dash to deactivate it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Forced induction version of this engine and coil rear suspension in next get Raptor.  You know Ford has been sitting on plans for 10 years of what to do when someone comes out with a raptor competitor.  Wonder if they would ever do long trailing arm independent rear like sport SxS?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ford 2015 - "Haha it's not 1961 Grandpa! All anyone could ever want is a little Vee-six!"
Ford 2020 - "WE HEARD YOU LIKE DISPLACEMENT"

Ford F-150 Tremor with a 6.8L V8 in it would be amazing, holy fuck.
Enough so to make me think real hard about trading in my truck that had zero intention on ever selling.
What a time to be alive. So many choices from the truck makers, and a lot of them are really fucking good.

Assuming this is true (And we don't know if it is) - I wonder if Detroit is thinking Orangeman might win this, and thusly CAFE standards might get kneecapped.
They might be responding to that.

Forced induction version of this engine and coil rear suspension in next get Raptor.  You know Ford has been sitting on plans for 10 years of what to do when someone comes out with a raptor competitor.  Wonder if they would ever do long trailing arm independent rear like sport SxS?

Link Posted: 10/31/2020 1:34:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Meanwhile I call a ceasefire on brand-shooting, as tempting as it is to throw it back in the face of the ecoboost diehards who were "talking down" to people who were uninterested, for the last few years.

Because today?
There is no wrong truckbrand, we are all brothers.

(Please excuse the music, I didn't make it)

Link Posted: 10/31/2020 1:34:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Please just drop it into the Raptor with enough firewall clearance to bolt on a Whipple and enough fuel pump headroom to exceed the 700 hp that the old 6.2L can make.  I can work out the rest of the details.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 1:38:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Mo MPG is mo bettah
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
But why?

Mo MPG is mo bettah

I have a 12 mile commute that I only have to take twice a week so MPG means nothing to me.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 1:41:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like Ford decided to weigh in on the 6.5 vs 6.8 debate!

With Ford doing turbos, is there a reason they haven't done a turbo 5.0?
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

By the time this comes out, there won’t even be a button on the dash to deactivate it.
View Quote

Love my F150 but hitting the auto off/start button to turn it off is literally the first thing I do when I start my truck.  I need to look into the program that defaults it to off when you start the truck.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Meh. I'll consider it if the new engine can handle power like a coyote and break coyote records for mustangs.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 1:58:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Isn't the 5.0L Coyote engine a good one?
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Love my F150 but hitting the auto off/start button to turn it off is literally the first thing I do when I start my truck.  I need to look into the program that defaults it to off when you start the truck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just get this. https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/ford/products/2015-ford-f-150-autostop-eliminator
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 2:14:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Isn't the 5.0L Coyote engine a good one?
View Quote
I was...they fucked with it too much and "broke" it.

happy owner of a 2014 5.0 and my work truck is a 2014 with a five oh.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Fuck.

I really wanted my 2015 GT Perf Pack to be my only new car purchase ever.

I hate all the electric nannies, hate sync, hate all the integrated fucktardery.

And you know it will only get worse with each new generation.

But having a kind of return to a Boss 429 level big assed cubic inch motor would be pretty awesome.   Then the eventual blowers or turbos to come along.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Wonder what the intake ports on the new engine look like?
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 2:30:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Theres no replacement for displacement
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Telephone poles rejoice and pedestrians bemoan the upgrade to the Mustang.

Link Posted: 10/31/2020 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm all for choices and I think a short stroke godzilla is a great idea...its just like talking to NRA supporters.  Everything they do is the best ever because reasons.

OHC because pushrods are so old. SFA because death wobble isn't a thing and my fteenthousand needs articulation, small displacement turbos because its the future, that fucked up high pressure oil injection system on diesels, now HotV turbo setups....now we're circling back to pushrod engines in sports cars and it will be awesome...

Ok.  I agree. Pushrod V8s are the titties..welcome to always.

Maybe I'm just grumpy today but humanity is making me tired
View Quote

Overhead cams are shit and should never have evolved beyond little grocery getters and Japanese sport bikes and lawn and garden throw away shit.

Where's the last place to receive oil pressure? The heads.
Fucking brilliant. No cam bearing. Hope and prayer keeps the steel cam from gouging the fuck out the aluminum head with a cunt hairs worth of oil separating cam from head.
It literally is the most bastardized retarded piss poor example of engineering to be seen to date. And everyone loves this half assed design because
That's how they do in Europe and Japan...
So because one jumps off a bridge we all should...

But Muh valve train mass! Higher revs! Volumetric efficiency! And other phrases often copy pasta'd from hot rod magazine and other online automotive forums to try and sound smart or have a credible argument in favor for getting rewarded with over priced over engineered shit.

Well. 1968 called and laughed in DZ302. You mean to tell me... an archaic ancient design could rev to 8,000rpm. With 1 camshaft. 2 valves per cylinder.

And it took Ford 2-4 camshafts to achieve the same thing with a coyote? So much for all that valve train mass and volumetric efficiency

I am glad Ford is deviating that degenerate design. It was a farce from its inception. Why Cadillac pursued overhead cam V8s... I'll never understand...
Just because Lincoln did it with the town car, didn't mean they had to fuck up the deville with another piss poor example of modern art disaster piece...
Over head cam literally is the living example of, Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
I fucking despise over head cams. Absolutely thoroughly hate it. It's not cost effective. It's not gaining any benefit.
It literally is the worst engine design for anything beyond grocery getter feeble wheel drive econobox.

Between that and the shit boxes they cram them in...
How is it if inner fender wells were still made of steel, GM truck owners could do head gaskets in their driveways yet... Ford requires thousands in special service tools and the patience of a saint and boxes of bandages?

Ford fanbois got the short end of the stick and defended it all the while bitching about cost of repairs and insist it's the mechanics fucking them...
Here I was telling them to demand better but they couldn't help but rally around the blue goose egg.

So good on Ford for steering away from piss poor over engineered engines.
About time the fanbois get a real engine for once.

Ecojunk is another one. If folks are super impressed at piss wound 4 and 6 pots with boost. They'd shit if they ever had the opportunity to try 5-8psi on a stock LS or hemi...

Maybe they'll gain a customer seeing how GM decided to make the ugliest truck I've ever laid eyes on.

It's not the fanbois fault they were fed shit and told it was soufflé... but is their fault to defend it.
Just because their daddy or grand daddy bought them, doesn't make the new ones anywhere near like what their daddy and grand daddy had...

So good on Ford for bringing back real engines.
Fanbois enjoy. It's about time you stopped getting short dicked and over charged for it, and blessed with the $$$ repairs and maintenance from piss poor designs coupled with hecho en Mexico componentry and corporate cost savings.

About time you get something worth your hard earned dollars.

Link Posted: 10/31/2020 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I hate to throw a wet blanket on this whole party, but...

The Gen3 Coyote sucks, and the Gen4 Coyote is getting cylinder deactivation.

The 7.3L Godzilla is a no-BS engine because it’s in the HD pickup class. There’s not much regulation in that class.

An engine in the F-150/Mustang is going to be subject to all the EPA’s buttsecks, and the only way around it is to only sell it in very limited volume at a high price.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 2:51:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Overhead cams are shit and should never have evolved beyond little grocery getters and Japanese sport bikes and lawn and garden throw away shit.

Fucking brilliant. No cam bearing. Hope and prayer keeps the steel cam from gouging the fuck out the aluminum head with a cunt hairs worth of oil separating cam from head.
It literally is the most bastardized retarded piss poor example of engineering to be seen to date. And everyone loves this half assed design because

But Muh valve train mass! Higher revs! Volumetric efficiency! And other phrases often copy pasta'd from hot rod magazine and other online automotive forums to try and sound smart or have a credible argument in favor for getting rewarded with over priced over engineered shit.

Well. 1968 called and laughed in DZ302. You mean to tell me... an archaic ancient design could rev to 8,000rpm. With 1 camshaft. 2 valves per cylinder.

And it took Ford 2-4 camshafts to achieve the same thing with a coyote? So much for all that valve train mass and volumetric efficiency

I am glad Ford is deviating that degenerate design. It was a farce from its inception. Why Cadillac pursued overhead cam V8s... I'll never understand...
Just because Lincoln did it with the town car, didn't mean they had to fuck up the deville with another piss poor example of modern art disaster piece...
Over head cam literally is the living example of, Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
I fucking despise over head cams. Absolutely thoroughly hate it. It's not cost effective. It's not gaining any benefit.
It literally is the worst engine design for anything beyond grocery getter feeble wheel drive econobox.

How is it if inner fender wells were still made of steel, GM truck owners could do head gaskets in their driveways yet... Ford requires thousands in special service tools and the patience of a saint and boxes of bandages?

Ford fanbois got the short end of the stick and defended it all the while bitching about cost of repairs and insist it's the mechanics fucking them...
Here I was telling them to demand better but they couldn't help but rally around the blue goose egg.

Ecojunk is another one. If folks are super impressed at piss wound 4 and 6 pots with boost. They'd shit if they ever had the opportunity to try 5-8psi on a stock LS or hemi...

Maybe they'll gain a customer seeing how GM decided to make the ugliest truck I've ever laid eyes on.

It's not the fanbois fault they were fed shit and told it was soufflé... but is their fault to defend it.
Just because their daddy or grand daddy bought them, doesn't make the new ones anywhere near like what their daddy and grand daddy had...

Fanbois enjoy. It's about time you stopped getting short dicked and over charged for it, and blessed with the $$$ repairs and maintenance from piss poor designs coupled with he chose en Mexico componentry and corporate cost savings.

View Quote

How do you feel about 2 piece spark plugs and 3 or 4 threads to hold them in?
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#24]

What did you get that block out of? Looks south of the border.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:01:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What did you get that block out of? Looks south of the border.
View Quote

Good eye.  That’s exactly what that is
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#26]
They would be going back to a cast iron block with this move right? Coyote 5.0 obviously all aluminum but this new engine would be cast iron?
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Correct,  I don't recall the exact year but the ink is dry. The external button is being phased out
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Built in the same Windsor factory as Godzilla they should be rocking them rather quickly..
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#29]
I hope they use iron sleeves in an aluminum block instead of that crap coating they have in the gen3 coyote.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Fanbois enjoy. It's about time you stopped getting short dicked and over charged for it, and blessed with the $$$ repairs and maintenance from piss poor designs coupled with hecho en Mexico componentry and corporate cost savings.

View Quote

amen brother... the real delight is when they engineer chains and gear on the backside of the engine so any maintenance becomes Donald Trump lotto money and an otherwise solid used vehicle turns into useless, throwaway junk unless you're a repair and tools wizard like the one mentioned in your post..
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:37:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I don't disagree, but if it's not going in the Mustang and F150 what's the point of developing the engine?
View Quote

Ford for the near future will have gasser motors available. It may go into the Mustangs as a 5.0 replacement, I can possibly see that plus there are fleet vehicles that may need V8s rather than the diesels and this may be a cheaper option. If  I read the article correctly it says something about electric at that plant by 2025? Could be a way to replace the 5.0 and keep that plant running in the meantime. If Ford did make a V8 Raptor that got the mileage mine currently does, I'd buy it day one. If it got the 4-8 MPG the TRX gets, then thats a big no. So, Ford I think is going to put an insane hybrid system in the Raptor and say this is the future. We are done living in the past.

Also that video above doesn't sound much different than my truck currently does. The Eco doesn't sound as horrible/tinny as people think, just it isn't a V8 sound so therefore it sucks. It has a decent growl when under acceleration.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:39:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yep, Twin Turbo Ecoboost 6.8
View Quote

Now you are talking lol. That would be insane.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:40:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

amen brother... the real delight is when they engineer chains and gear on the backside of the engine so any maintenance becomes Donald Trump lotto money and an otherwise solid used vehicle turns into useless, throwaway junk unless you're a repair and tools wizard like the one mentioned in your post..
View Quote

Like Audi's
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:41:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

How do you feel about 2 piece spark plugs and 3 or 4 threads to hold them in?
View Quote

I don't feel. I'm not a liberal.

3 valves were throw away shit. I tried like hell to steer customers away but they wouldn't listen.
You've no idea how brain dead some of the fanbois were.

True honest to God story, I had a local small business owners fleet at the dealer I worked at.
He had all 8 of his companies trucks down for repairs.
ALL 8!
2 6.4s with melted pistons.
3 3valve V10s, 2 with cats that plugged and back fed through the engine and wiped out both banks. 1 neglected and the top end became a glitter factory.
2 6.0s 1 he got lucky toasted ficm and the other a delaminated aft axle fuel tank that wiped out the injectors.
The straw that broke his back...
the 3 valve 5.4 lariat crew cab that had the death rattle and super low engine idle. The timing chain tensioners blew apart leaked oil the chain tore up the front cover and killed the cam phasers all while starving the cams for oil which eventually rendered him a dead misfire with the death of a hydraulic lash adjuster.

I will never forget when he came and pulled the plates canceled what remaining payments he had on all of those trucks.
Here I was cabs in the air on the 6.4s about a week later and a repo guy came calling for both 6.4s

What happened to him wasn't funny.

The look on the tow truck drivers face was funny.
That poor bastard had about half a million dollars worth of trucks... not a single fucking one made it to 50k miles without some catastrophic business threatening engine problem due to down time and costs associated (even with power train warranty, those cheap fucks won't give the customer an equal vehicle but they'll give them a feeble wheel drive econobox)

He vowed he'd never buy another Ford product a day in his life and I don't blame him.
There's a reason I fixed Fords and owned chevys...

But the fanbois couldn't connect the dots

All 8 trucks leaving him/his employees stranded.

That dealership promptly decided to take my advice when I suggested we throw dealer plates on something traded in for him to use.
That place sold more trucks than anything. They'd sell maybe a handful of cars and of that handful most were tier 1 mustangs Shelby cobras, Rouschs...

On a slow day. A slow day, consisted of the detailers prepping and car shop lube boobs inspecting 50 super duties and 20 F1shittys.

After that poor bastard made such the scene he did with screaming and literally breaking down in tears begging for help?
They registered 20 trucks we had out back. 7.3s 6.0s dump trucks, a couple roll backs, a couple stake bodies, crew cab XLTS regular cab shit boxes, and a few duallys so the leather express boomers could still make their annual 4th of july fishing/camping trips...

He wasn't 100% innocent however...
The 3 valve trucks didn't get the oil changes they needed when they needed them. Folks don't think severe duty be like it is... but it do...
Doesn't help matters with employees who's shit starts at 5 either...

That spoke volumes to me... a man that built a business from the ground up. Buys trucks marketed as being oh so fucking tough...to own work...
Left with his ass hanging... and not one ounce of effort on fomocos part to try and help the guy who over a course of 3 years dropped big coin on tools to run his business more productively...

That right there says alot... it took the dealership to make up for fords fuckery... because of that, it really made that place a gold mine...
Because shortly after that came obamanomics... and folks weren't buying new... they started taking care of what they had for a vehicle bought and paid for, or close to being paid for with a couple months worth of payments in maintenance and repairs was more logical than signing up for debt when their jobs were at stake or their employers were laying folks off...

I won't ever forget what that poor bastard went through. But God damn was it funny when the repo man came to tow the trucks he was looking for and wasted an hour on the phone with his supervisor

Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:41:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Sort of want.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:43:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Like Audi's
View Quote

VW VR6

I'd kick Hans in the dick if I worked for VW.
You have to be a Sado masochist to work on VWs and audis...
That or high/comfortably numb.

Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:43:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Next stop $4.0 gasoline to match these new engines.  But yea fuck small displacement engines for doing truck things.  Going to keep rocking my 5.0 for awhile longer.  I am sure Ford will fuck with it though and give us lovely features like cylinder deactivation and engine shut off to go with it.
View Quote

or a 25 speed transmission.
although I did drive 10 speed not too long ago. Beat the shit out of Toyota's 6 speed auto.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:43:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I don't disagree, but if it's not going in the Mustang and F150 what's the point of developing the engine?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Call me skeptical about the engine going in the 150s and Mustangs in any appreciable fashion. Ford's future is electric, they just broke ground on a gazillion dollar electric plant for '22. It may replace the 5.0, but it won't go in the Raptor. The Raptor is about highlighting the tech and what that is and modernize. Every next gen Raptor they have spotted testing as a distinct V6 sound. Ferrari is going V6 in the F series lineup. With Rivian, GMC and Tesla coming out with pure electric trucks, the Mach E "Mustang", they aren't going backwards. I just cannot see that as a business model

New v8 fleet engine for F150's would be my guess. The SD line gets the 7.3, the 150 gets the new 6.8. Might be going into a new Raptor.

The 5.4 is unimpressive and the Coyote isn't the best engine to use in a truck. The half ton class is in need of a new engine designed specifically around its needs.

This engine isn't going in a Mustang, especially if it is a pushrod. Literally all the "sources" are regurgitating the same quote from a union rep for Windsor. Ford is not going to tell anyone about something like this, and let them spill it long before it's released, as this would be a massive change of direction for the mustang. The only way that engine would be going into a Mustang, is if it's a new modular DOHC. But again, of they were developing a 6.8l Coyote variant, that shit would be kept secret.

Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:46:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Just wait...pushrods will now be the best thing ever.  Fucking Ford fanboys are a scourge.
View Quote

Pushrods never really went away.  GM could have used DOHC in the LS platform and instead went with 'rods.

But you're right, fanbois blow with the wind.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Sounds neat, but I’ll wait until it’s actually confirmed to be coming out before getting too excited.

It’s not the first time GD has been riled up by the same magazines for rumors that never go anywhere.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Does this mark the end of EcoBoost? If so, that kinda sucks because that's one of the reasons I bought an F150. 2.7 liters is one thing, but just imagine what a 6.8 would make with twin turbos. I bet Ford could get the emissions down to legal levels if they really tried.
View Quote

Could you imaging 6.8 twin turbo gasser?
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:49:31 PM EDT
[#43]
what happens when a cat converter backs up?
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:50:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I don't feel. I'm not a liberal.

3 valves were throw away shit. I tried like hell to steer customers away but they wouldn't listen.
You've no idea how brain dead some of the fanbois were.

True honest to God story, I had a local small business owners fleet at the dealer I worked at.
He had all 8 of his companies trucks down for repairs.
ALL 8!
2 6.4s with melted pistons.
3 3valve V10s, 2 with cats that plugged and back fed through the engine and wiped out both banks. 1 neglected and the top end became a glitter factory.
2 6.0s 1 he got lucky toasted ficm and the other a delaminated aft axle fuel tank that wiped out the injectors.
The straw that broke his back...
the 3 valve 5.4 lariat crew cab that had the death rattle and super low engine idle. The timing chain tensioners blew apart leaked oil the chain tore up the front cover and killed the cam phasers all while starving the cams for oil which eventually rendered him a dead misfire with the death of a hydraulic lash adjuster.

I will never forget when he came and pulled the plates canceled what remaining payments he had on all of those trucks.
Here I was cabs in the air on the 6.4s about a week later and a repo guy came calling for both 6.4s

What happened to him wasn't funny.

The look on the tow truck drivers face was funny.
That poor bastard had about half a million dollars worth of trucks... not a single fucking one made it to 50k miles without some catastrophic business threatening engine problem due to down time and costs associated (even with power train warranty, those cheap fucks won't give the customer an equal vehicle but they'll give them a feeble wheel drive econobox)

He vowed he'd never buy another Ford product a day in his life and I don't blame him.
There's a reason I fixed Fords and owned chevys...

But the fanbois couldn't connect the dots

All 8 trucks leaving him/his employees stranded.

That dealership promptly decided to take my advice when I suggested we throw dealer plates on something traded in for him to use.
That place sold more trucks than anything. They'd sell maybe a handful of cars and of that handful most were tier 1 mustangs Shelby cobras, Rouschs...

On a slow day. A slow day, consisted of the detailers prepping and car shop lube boobs inspecting 50 super duties and 20 F1shittys.

After that poor bastard made such the scene he did with screaming and literally breaking down in tears begging for help?
They registered 20 trucks we had out back. 7.3s 6.0s dump trucks, a couple roll backs, a couple stake bodies, crew cab XLTS regular cab shit boxes, and a few duallys so the leather express boomers could still make their annual 4th of july fishing/camping trips...

He wasn't 100% innocent however...
The 3 valve trucks didn't get the oil changes they needed when they needed them. Folks don't think severe duty be like it is... but it do...
Doesn't help matters with employees who's shit starts at 5 either...

That spoke volumes to me... a man that built a business from the ground up. Buys trucks marketed as being oh so fucking tough...to own work...
Left with his ass hanging... and not one ounce of effort on fomocos part to try and help the guy who over a course of 3 years dropped big coin on tools to run his business more productively...

That right there says alot... it took the dealership to make up for fords fuckery... because of that, it really made that place a gold mine...
Because shortly after that came obamanomics... and folks weren't buying new... they started taking care of what they had for a vehicle bought and paid for, or close to being paid for with a couple months worth of payments in maintenance and repairs was more logical than signing up for debt when their jobs were at stake or their employers were laying folks off...

I won't ever forget what that poor bastard went through. But God damn was it funny when the repo man came to tow the trucks he was looking for and wasted an hour on the phone with his supervisor

View Quote

I hope we can still be internet friends. I guess I'd better change the oil on my 5.4 thuper doody soon

Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#45]
With VVT and other improvements a pushrod v8 could be a beast in a truck while still getting decent mpg.  I applaud this direction, if true.

In a truck motor I want tq and total reliability.  Not chasing hp numbers, those change with the wind and I'm not trying to impress anyone.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:52:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Sounds like Ford is doing a short deck 7.3.  Article is confusing but I don't think they're making anything based on a 302/351 windsor, per se.

The Coyote is fine and Ford wouldn't invest in a new generation of it for one year, so I think this is more an answer to RAM TRX -  a limited production mill going into the Raptor and a Shelby vehicles.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So a downsize Godzilla engine.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:55:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Better get those eco-weezers paid off boys, they are going to be cheap.

Ford keeps peeking over the fence at FCA
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
New v8 fleet engine for F150's would be my guess. The SD line gets the 7.3, the 150 gets the new 6.8. Might be going into a new Raptor.

The 5.4 is unimpressive and the Coyote isn't the best engine to use in a truck. The half ton class is in need of a new engine designed specifically around its needs.

This engine isn't going in a Mustang, especially if it is a pushrod. Literally all the "sources" are regurgitating the same quote from a union rep for Windsor. Ford is not going to tell anyone about something like this, and let them spill it long before it's released, as this would be a massive change of direction for the mustang. The only way that engine would be going into a Mustang, is if it's a new modular DOHC. But again, of they were developing a 6.8l Coyote variant, that shit would be kept secret.

View Quote

Their fuck up if they dont...
Doesn't take billions in a re-tooling effort for them to make 1 cam grind for trucks and 1 for mustangs...
A bit more lift. A little more duration. A slight lope at idle.
Profit.

Shit. GM did that.
You know how many guys would get a wrecked work van/truck...
Yank the stock cam out of that 4.8 5.3 6.0 and go to their local chevy dealer and order a cam for a Z06?

30+hp on a factory to factory cam swap and tune.

That was before there were umpteen different cam profiles available from aftermarket sources.

If they were smart... they'd bring the Mach1 back with a pushrod under its hood...
Then the average mustang fanboi can throw headers in them themselves. They'd probably finally have room to work with.

Link Posted: 10/31/2020 4:02:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
With VVT and other improvements a pushrod v8 could be a beast in a truck while still getting decent mpg.  I applaud this direction, if true.

In a truck motor I want tq and total reliability.  Not chasing hp numbers, those change with the wind and I'm not trying to impress anyone.
View Quote

Been a thing since the first round of ugly body style chevy trucks in 07-13 half tons and 08-14 6.0 LY6 2500/3500s.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top