Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 10:17:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 10:25:39 PM EDT
[#2]
It doesn’t matter to me what color the aggressor is.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 10:38:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Once they were in the vehicle,"Don't get out of the boat"

Mangoes are not worth it.
Tiger gotta eat too.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 11:05:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Their vehicle had crash avoidance. It could not back up with people behind it.

They could not move the car with people behind it. They could not drive away because their car would not move with people behind it.

With people behind their car, their car could not back up. they had to back up to drive away.

They could not move their car. In order to drive away you have to have a car that will move.

The people outside the car had threatened them. They blocked their only way to leave.

They could not drive away. They were blocked in. They could not leave if they could not drive away.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The chipotle couple didn't speak or engage beyond reason. Someone got accidentally bumped, and someone said "excuse you" or "excuse me". That resulted in the black pair turning around, following the white couple out, trying to corner them, and beating on their vehicle and trying to block their way. They got charged, and fired for producing CCW. Would a face full of pepper spray or something more potent have gone differently?
I wouldn't have pulled a gun.  I'd just drive away, considering that's the best and most logical course of action.

They would likely have moved out of the way as long as I didn't floor it.  

Also a good reason to park way in the back where you can't get pinned in as easily.  Consider using a nontraditional route, such as over a curb or such.

They could not move the car with people behind it. They could not drive away because their car would not move with people behind it.

With people behind their car, their car could not back up. they had to back up to drive away.

They could not move their car. In order to drive away you have to have a car that will move.

The people outside the car had threatened them. They blocked their only way to leave.

They could not drive away. They were blocked in. They could not leave if they could not drive away.

Why didn't they just drive away?
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 11:19:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm armed 24/7 every where we go(my wife and I). If I can't legally be armed, we don't go there. We avoid the "idiots." I'm older with multiple medical conditions. I'm not going "hands on" with anybody. I'm not going to change any body's mind so I just live and let live. I'll avoid and deescalate at all costs but I will not stand and allow anyone to harm me or mine. I pray that I never have to take a life, but I am reconciled to do what I have to do if left no other choice. I have lived a fruitful and happy life and God has blessed me immensely. I try to be the "grey man" as much as possible. This is the only "social media" I do and I'm not too "hot" here.
My wife and I have had conversations about situational awareness and "what if." Her "job" is to film the situation if we are pulled into something where I have to use deadly force. She also has her CCW but I doubt if she is real confident. We're working on that. We have talked about adding cameras to our vehicles. I have a Hemi 4x4 AWD Durango. I keep the maintenance up on it and the tank full. I am confident I could drive out of most situations even if I have to go through or over "barriers." (Trained in "offensive driving" many moons ago courtesy of uncle Sam.)
I recently broke my right leg (knee) so I am currently in PT a few time a week. Doc says I'll probably regain close to 100% mobility though.
I'm on good terms with all my neighbors and recently built an AR for my next door neighbor. We are for the most part like minded when it comes to neighborhood security. I'm well acquainted with many state,(TN & NC) local, and Federal LEOs.
I've found the best defense is to be among like minded, good people and avoid the drama lamas. I guess that's enough for tonight.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 11:27:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's kidnapping in nearly every state.  You stop somebody from leaving, that's kidnapping.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's kidnapping in nearly every state.  You stop somebody from leaving, that's kidnapping.

Following people and Telling them you are going to hurt them is generally a felony too.

Or it is if you aren't acting in self defense or the immediate defense of another person or to stop someone committing other malum en se crimes.

Link Posted: 7/6/2020 11:30:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The chipotle couple didn't speak or engage beyond reason. Someone got accidentally bumped, and someone said "excuse you" or "excuse me". That resulted in the black pair turning around, following the white couple out, trying to corner them, and beating on their vehicle and trying to block their way. They got charged, and fired for producing CCW. Would a face full of pepper spray or something more potent have gone differently?
I wouldn't have pulled a gun.  I'd just drive away, considering that's the best and most logical course of action.

They would likely have moved out of the way as long as I didn't floor it.  

Also a good reason to park way in the back where you can't get pinned in as easily.  Consider using a nontraditional route, such as over a curb or such.

Well, you see, the problem was...
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 11:32:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not so sure anymore.

In for a penny, In for a pound might be the new mantra.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.. That is all
Not so sure anymore.

In for a penny, In for a pound might be the new mantra.

After the first one, the rest are free?  Sorry, wrong reference
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 11:33:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I hate that I’ve had to reference this so much lately.  Be sure to read both pages.

The Talk: Nonblack Version
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 11:37:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My only concern with that is the label that says it's a Federal violation to use in a manner not designed.  i.e. insects

Sure, it'll stop the aggressor, but the question is... will a prosecutor use the above against you?  **shrug**
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is wasp/hornet spray in a car a viable option? Seems it used to recommended some.

My only concern with that is the label that says it's a Federal violation to use in a manner not designed.  i.e. insects

Sure, it'll stop the aggressor, but the question is... will a prosecutor use the above against you?  **shrug**

I've been sprayed in the eyes with wasp spray (it was an accident). Can confirm, it hurts like hell. That was forty years ago, and I can still remember the burning in my eyes and the smell of it going onto my mouth from my tears. I was about 7 years old.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 11:46:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Simply state " any attempted assault on my person will be met with deadly force."

If they want to escalate it to that point they have been warned.

View Quote

On my person ? Who that be. You talking to me
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 11:46:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Sabre Red’s OC with “Crossfire Technology” is available in stream as well, I have a can of it. It’s out there. As for Sabre being the best, it causes more eye pain than Freeze+P, less respiratory effects due to lack of CS. It has worked for me, I don’t use it often, but I carry a can of gel at church when on security for the less-lethal option. I carry the stream outside of church. Stream Seems to aerosolize more than gel, which is why I carry gel at church. Dont want granny and uncle Fred to suffer because somebody decided to act a fool in church. Gel seems to move around less, impact fewer people when deployed.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 11:49:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 11:57:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Picked up a metal baseball bat at a local thrift store for $1.00.  Keep it in the car.  It is my less than lethal option.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 12:00:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Just talk in an aroused voice. Eventually they will either get too uncomfortable and walk away, or become aroused as well and become your sex slave.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 12:04:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 12:12:05 AM EDT
[#17]
cant believe anybody has not recommend one of these.

cell phone tazer
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 12:14:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I hate that I've had to reference this so much lately.  Be sure to read both pages.

View Quote

Every time I've referred someone to this, they've read it and usually nodded quietly with understanding. Usually, it's the look of, "we're probably not going to discuss this at work, what with HR and hostile work environment risk and such. But Derb makes some very good points."
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 12:19:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Picked up a metal baseball bat at a local thrift store for $1.00.  Keep it in the car.  It is my less than lethal option.
View Quote

If you are going to do this, then it's a good idea to put a glove and a baseball in your car as well.

That way, if you have to use it, you won't be dealing with some prosecutor making the case that you were rolling around looking for minorities to beat up with your baseball bat.

If you have the glove and the ball, then you were just getting ready to go play some ball when you were ruthlessly attacked and had to use whatever was in reach to defend yourself.

(Edited for clarity)
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 12:20:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Wipe the fingerprints from the bullets before you load them. That's all I have....

Link Posted: 7/7/2020 12:24:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Every time I've referred someone to this, they've read it and usually nodded quietly with understanding. Usually, it's the look of, "we're probably not going to discuss this at work, what with HR and hostile work environment risk and such. But Derb makes some very good points."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hate that I've had to reference this so much lately.  Be sure to read both pages.

Reminds me of the magpul meme with a quote that said something like “this focus on tact and diplomacy has made liars of us all.”
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 12:26:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah, that's not really the way I viewed the video of that incident. It appears that the white woman DID engage and escalate that incident. She and her husband should have driven away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that's not really the way I viewed the video of that incident. It appears that the white woman DID engage and escalate that incident. She and her husband should have driven away.

Looked like they tried too until the hoodlums started beating on the back of their vehicle and blocked them in.

Link Posted: 7/7/2020 12:40:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't speak to or engage with strangers. Period. If someone wants to follow or harass me then I'm prepared with my cell phone (video recording) and CCW if it comes to that.
View Quote

Basically what the Chipotle couple did, and was arrested and guns confiscated.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 12:47:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just start coughing and say 'Id kick your ass if I wasnt so sick'.
View Quote

That may have helped me one night. I was taking a ride in an elevator with my gf and her sister. The door opens and 2 thugs (the same 2 thugs that carjacked me like 2 years earlier - another story that I tried to tell yesterday but ended up being too long) walk in like they own the place. They both stand facing us and one walks right up to me and stands right in front of me face to face, trying to intimidate me. Don’t laugh but I was carrying that night in a fanny pack that was hanging at my waist in the front. I thought for sure he was going to notice it and that they would rob us. I was actually somewhat sick at the time and didn’t sound so great so I coughed into my hand and said in as nice a way as I could something like be careful man, I’m super sick and wouldn’t want you to catch this. We actually made it down and out without incident. I suspect they were out to fry bugger fish.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 1:00:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is wasp/hornet spray in a car a viable option? Seems it used to recommended some.
View Quote

No. Use wasp spray for wasps. If it's all you have then sure, give it a try. But don't be surprised when it doesn't do anything to your attacker.

On OC spray, I like Fox. Prefer stream. Sabre products are all very good as well and would be my 2nd choice. I have not tried the gel but it looks interesting. Avoid the foam, as others as said it can be thrown back in your face.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 1:08:30 AM EDT
[#26]
I use Sabre Red in the MK-4 or MK-9 variants about once to two times a week at work.  Ya'll best OC yourself at the range and then make sure you can hit the broad side of a barn before you go with this OC plan some are talking about.  I prefer cone spray pattern over stream when it comes to more than one person, hell even one person I think cone works better (more coverage), however, cone also can work against you (more of a mist / lots more particles in the air).  Stream is better for "at distance" and I wouldn't be hitting anyone in an "on the street" civil disturbance at distance.  If they're close, you should probably already be resorting to CCW, but hey it's your funeral.  And if they are close, you're getting OC'd also, and anyone else downwind of your intended target.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 1:13:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Simply state " any attempted assault on my person will be met with deadly force."

View Quote
I have a certain medical thing going on that a strike by some punk to me (in a common place to hit someone) could be fatal.

Being dropped on the ground and cuffed would almost certainly kill me.

So for now I guess it's mag dump, then run (briskly walk) like hell.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 1:47:49 AM EDT
[#28]
You could wear a "Social Distancing Vest" and go Marvin Boggs at some fuckers to see how fast you can make them run away.

Link Posted: 7/7/2020 2:01:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm no expert, but I question having a less than lethal option on you...be it a tazer or oc spray (for non LE). If I feel my life is in danger and I cannot escape the scene, my gun comes out...period. Tazers and OC fail often. This could get you killed. Also, if you go straight to guns, a court could

question why you didn't use a less than lethal option.
View Quote

If you don't have a TLT option available, the DA could easily say that you were looking to kill somebody, hence why you didn't bother with anything less lethal. It's a no win.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 2:01:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

People mentioned filming with their phones or cameras... there are great $50 GoPro knockoffs on Amazon that work just as well as GoPros, and are only $50... better you lose that than your $500 -$1,200 phone.  I have 2 of them I got for drones and obstacle racing from my past.  Pretty indestructible little guys.

Someone mentioned the only way is not to play.  Agreed, but you do not always have a choice in the matter.

Head on a swivel, situational awareness, and they likely won't see you as a target, but others will want to make a point, and you are a challenge.

In before times, as in two months ago, I carried mace or OC or pepper or whatever you want to call it.  Now, after seeing countless videos of multiple-offender mob attacks that go from initial contact to curb-stomping tooth removal and attempts for field goals within 15 seconds... any hands-on attempt will be met with lethal force.  

View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 2:05:37 AM EDT
[#31]
I haven't seen any yet, but I'm in a military community.  In fact I didn't find any in Tucson either.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 2:08:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Was educated on the "pack" mentality at an early age. Do my best to avoid numbers. Will teach my son the same.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 2:18:24 AM EDT
[#33]
I added a can of OC as an intermediate option between harsh words and lead and to get me from the office to my car. I also signed up for carry insurance. Checking local police traffic on Broadcastify has been helpful for figuring out if I should take the long way home instead. My first choice is to be where the trouble isn't, but I'll give it all the hell I can if it catches up with me.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 2:26:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 7:14:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I watched the video of Sasquatch stealing the woman's dog and then beating her with it.

I thought about the proper way to handle something like that. I am in MA so we do not have a stand your ground law. You are supposed to run away and if you cannot flea then fight.

There would be no way I would just let some POS take my dog. I see a situation like that as a gray area for lethal force. YMMV but in MA I think I would end up in court either by the Commonwealth, Sasquatch's family, or both.

I ordered up a can of Freeze +P to keep in the car and possibly carry depending upon how big the can is.

I have also thought about carrying an expandable baton, just like the police have, to my daily carry.
View Quote

My dogs won't be taken. they're too damn big. But if you hurt one of them like that? Yeah.... I'll probably not be controlling myself. My dogs are all the family we have left
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 7:16:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

you can't drive away when your car has collision avoidance and people are behind it, which was the case.
View Quote

THIS. Wife had to have that outback. It has that crap all over it. I have been thinking of disabling it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 7:22:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Shit at least you're off the drag before midnight. Imagine me having to deal with the intersection at Pem and Set at 2am going out on a call.
View Quote

Not all the time. I get called in at all hours. Trust me, I get it. The nastiest interaction I ever had was at 11AM on a Sunday in walmart after I got off work.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 7:23:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

My dogs won't be taken. they're too damn big. But if you hurt one of them like that? Yeah.... I'll probably not be controlling myself. My dogs are all the family we have left
View Quote

Yeah I’d like to see that bitch try to swing a 90lb Rottweiler around.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 7:25:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't speak to or engage with strangers. Period. If someone wants to follow or harass me then I'm prepared with my cell phone (video recording) and CCW if it comes to that.

Don’t be a racist?
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 7:27:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Just stay out of big shit hole cities, pretty easy.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 7:29:57 AM EDT
[#41]
I am treating people of color like I treat pit bulls.

I know there are good ones, but why take the chance? I avoid. I stay out of their social and spatial interaction zone as much as humanly possible, and 100% of the time I'm prepared to run, fight, or shoot the life out of one if it wants to hurt me.

Beyond that, hope for the best.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 7:30:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

No. Use wasp spray for wasps. If it's all you have then sure, give it a try. But don't be surprised when it doesn't do anything to your attacker.

On OC spray, I like Fox. Prefer stream. Sabre products are all very good as well and would be my 2nd choice. I have not tried the gel but it looks interesting. Avoid the foam, as others as said it can be thrown back in your face.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

B-12 Chemtool Carburetor Cleaner will instantly (but temporarily) blind you. I know because a tiny drop of it hit me in the eye one time. Instant blury vision so bad I couldn't see anything but a haze. It also shoots ~15 feet.

And is HIGHLY flammable.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 7:41:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I have a certain medical thing going on that a strike by some punk to me (in a common place to hit someone) could be fatal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm old and have bad joints, and a really bad lower back. I'm not going fisticuffs either. Anybody that tries is going to take a bullet for their trouble.

Fortunately I live in S.E. Oklahoma, and everybody around here is painfully polite.

The only stand-offs around here are people fighting over who gets to hold the door open for each other.  

People say even "sorry" for the craziest stuff.

If it wasn't for all the methbillies this place would be heaven on earth.

“An Armed society is a polite society,” -Jeff Cooper
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 7:46:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yeah I’d like to see that bitch try to swing a 90lb Rottweiler around.
View Quote

We all know how GD feels about pitbull type dogs. I have one large hound - pit whatever mix who's 65lb, one 80lb American bulldog mix, and one 40lb runt that they could probably hurt.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 7:47:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Don’t be a racist?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/7/2020 7:55:33 AM EDT
[#46]
I have noticed a little more open hostility. My area isnt bad, but it can be a little diverse. You notice little things lately...like coming out of an aisle with your cart, and maybe cutting off someone you didnt see. I said sorry, she glared at me and kept on walking.

Link Posted: 7/7/2020 7:57:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t be a racist?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/7/2020 7:58:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I have noticed a little more open hostility. My area isnt bad, but it can be a little diverse. You notice little things lately...like coming out of an aisle with your cart, and maybe cutting off someone you didnt see. I said sorry, she glared at me and kept on walking.

View Quote

precisely. My wife works at walmart- does the grocery stuff. Blacks are increasingly passive aggressive with her over the last 3 weeks or so. So much so she's been mentioning it a lot, almost daily.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 8:00:20 AM EDT
[#49]

Are you sure you're in the right place? DU is where liberals accuse non racist white people of being racist. Perhaps you should write an article for the NYT or some such?
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 8:06:25 AM EDT
[#50]
thugs like to fight / assault people. IMHO, they dont consider it deadly force to hit / fight someone, they think its manly and a " real man" will fight them and not result to calling the cops / using a gun and using a gun in a fist fight is a bitch / pussy move.

my dad had problems with a neighbor about 25 years ago. he was disabled and about 60 years old with a pile of medical conditions and physical limitations. his neighbors were decent people, but they had a 22 year old, 6'4" 300lb son who was a asshole. the son raised hunting dogs and those dogs basically barked 24/7. dad started calling the cops over it, because he could not sleep. one day the neighbor came over and warned my dad that his sone said the next time he calls the cops, the son will come over and " Beat his old ass all over his yard" to teach him a lesson. my dad said why wait, go tell him to come and do it now, but the second he knocks on my door im going to open it and shoot him right in his fucking face.

the neighbor was like.  naw man, hes young, he just wants to fight you. dad said. im a disabled 60 year old cripple with a walker, im not going to fight a 300lb 20 something, ill fucking shoot him. who do you think the law will side with? the 300lb 6'4 twenty something who was tresspassing with violent intentions, or the cripple 60 year old with the walker defending himself?

magically the dogs stopped barking. he got rid of most of them a few days later and the rest started getting locked in a barn at night.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top