Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's my personal experience as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just my own few and limited observation - I have not seen escalation.  In fact, most encounters I've seen have had a higher level of politeness.  Sort of like everyone involved knows shit being portraid is getting out of hand, and that's not them (though I could be just interpreting that).  

For the most part - the black interactions and people I've encountered have been cool.
Heck, more pleasant than most of the whites - even the conservative whites.  The only times I've been accosted, annoyed, or concerned in the last few weeks, has all been white people.

The media and forums like this are playing us.  They are pointing out the hotspots and giving non-stop air to the racists and irrational- which are a lot less representational out there in the actual real world.  Turn off you newsfeeds and forums and go outside - it's a lot different than what your LED screens are telling you.

Ditto!
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 2:27:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I live somewhere this isn't a problem in the first place, that's how.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 2:35:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ditto!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just my own few and limited observation - I have not seen escalation.  In fact, most encounters I've seen have had a higher level of politeness.  Sort of like everyone involved knows shit being portraid is getting out of hand, and that's not them (though I could be just interpreting that).  

For the most part - the black interactions and people I've encountered have been cool.
Heck, more pleasant than most of the whites - even the conservative whites.  The only times I've been accosted, annoyed, or concerned in the last few weeks, has all been white people.

The media and forums like this are playing us.  They are pointing out the hotspots and giving non-stop air to the racists and irrational- which are a lot less representational out there in the actual real world.  Turn off you newsfeeds and forums and go outside - it's a lot different than what your LED screens are telling you.

Ditto!

Which of course means it should be summarily ignored up until it affects you personally.

In the mean time, the best bet is to whistle dixie since it's someone else's problem....somewhere else.

No patterns here, no commonalities to draw any real conclusions from......someone else, somewhere else.

Just dozens and dozens of video clips of "somewhere in America". Who gives a shit?
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 2:40:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ditto!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto!

I don't know where you guys come from but I'm in NY & have worked a rotating shift for 38years now in NYC, my current area of responsibility is Manhattan & the Bronx, I wish I could agree with you guys but I can't. Things are really starting to escalate out of control very quickly here. I have never seen so much hate openly displayed by mostly Black people (With a bunch of white commies sprinkled in agitating everything).  If things keep up like this there is going to be a big backlash, I don't thing the Democrat Commies with their useful idiot MSM pals really understand what they are pushing for & where this is going.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Walk away.....until it's time to engage. And when it's time, it's time to be a bear. And if you have to be a bear, be a fucking grizzly. I'll always give a warning.....maybe 2 depending on the type of day I'm having. But if I have to pull my pistol out of the holster, it's already past the point of being nice and asking to back off. At that point, I'm going to make you back off.
View Quote

This... plus, follow your instincts and also learn how to read others body language . I’m not sure it’s something that a company can teach, or just life skills developed, maybe google assaultive behavior and see if they discuss some indicators you can look for
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 2:51:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't know where you guys come from but I'm in NY & have worked a rotating shift for 38years now in NYC, my current area of responsibility is Manhattan & the Bronx, I wish I could agree with you guys but I can't. Things are really starting to escalate out of control very quickly here. I have never seen so much hate openly displayed by mostly Black people (With a bunch of white commies sprinkled in agitating everything).  If things keep up like this there is going to be a big backlash, I don't thing the Democrat Commies with their useful idiot MSM pals really understand what they are pushing for & where this is going.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto!

I grew up between Flint and Detroit.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto!

Donno, we're all having our own experiences and interactions.  I would imagine NYC area is its own microcosm.  In urban diverse areas in Texas, my interactions with others have actually been quite pleasant - in my own limited interactions.   But I don't hang out at protest marches or the back-alley at night either.

And sure, there is potential to get racially attacked out of left field.  While likely elevated right now; that's not exactly new.  So while keep your guard up is always good advise; there's also a reality that ones tone  sets the tone.  Let's just say I have a CHL, that I carefully don't think about at at all while I'm smiling and treating others with respect.  Not with sympathy, condolences, fear, Token-appeasement, or looking down; but just mutual respect.  I find that works pretty good for me in my interactions.  But I don't live in NYC or the 'hood either.

On an aside; there's a flurry of "We are Listening" signs I'm starting to see.  Personally, I find that demeaning as crap - as that's the tone and statement a superior states to a sub-servant; to my eye at least.  But to each their own.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I try hard to stay in my own lane, in my own town, in my own area.  With all that is going on, it seems to be tempting fate to go to other areas, and I just don't need/want the grief.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I've started carrying a CRKT Obake that I bought from a friend. He made a modification to it so I can carry it horizontal at 11:00 on my belt with the sheath stuck through my belt loop. That way I can access it with either hand if attacked. I've used a knife to defend myself before when I was 15 and it worked pretty good.  People tend to break contact once they realize they've been stuck and have 3 or 4 inches of steel in their lung.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

QFT. And the only breed I'll own is pit bulls.  If you didn't raise it, stay away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am treating people of color like I treat pit bulls.

I know there are good ones, but why take the chance? I avoid. I stay out of their social and spatial interaction zone as much as humanly possible, and 100% of the time I'm prepared to run, fight, or shoot the life out of one if it wants to hurt me.

Beyond that, hope for the best.

QFT. And the only breed I'll own is pit bulls.  If you didn't raise it, stay away.

In my experience it's more about the neighborhood than individuals.

Scum is scum, regardless of ethnicity. My head is on a swivel all the time just more so in certain areas.

EDIT: "of"
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Which of course means it should be summarily ignored up until it affects you personally.

In the mean time, the best bet is to whistle dixie since it's someone else's problem....somewhere else.

No patterns here, no commonalities to draw any real conclusions from......someone else, somewhere else.

Just dozens and dozens of video clips of "somewhere in America". Who gives a shit?
View Quote

Okay, I laughed.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Definitely a shitty situation. But it’s not just occurring to 1 employee. There’s strength in numbers. And those concerns and managements response need to be documented.
Dates, times, names, what was said etc.
And any incidents of hostile customers with same info or as much detail as available.
Not too difficult to keep a journal.
When the day comes for Walmart to pay for their sins it will come in handy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

precisely. My wife works at walmart- does the grocery stuff. Blacks are increasingly passive aggressive with her over the last 3 weeks or so. So much so she's been mentioning it a lot, almost daily.

That can’t be a good situation at work. It can’t be her alone. Have any of the employees talked to management? Has management addressed it?

there is no way, NO WAY, any good would come of a walmart employee telling their manager "the black people are being mean, do something about it."

Definitely a shitty situation. But it’s not just occurring to 1 employee. There’s strength in numbers. And those concerns and managements response need to be documented.
Dates, times, names, what was said etc.
And any incidents of hostile customers with same info or as much detail as available.
Not too difficult to keep a journal.
When the day comes for Walmart to pay for their sins it will come in handy.

Walmart will see a ready solution to that problem: Get rid of the malcontents that are complaining and replace them with more minorities - even if they have to increase wages for them to get them to work.

That way, they'll be sure to keep that EBT manna from Uncle Sugar coming in the door and they'll also be seen as much more inclusive with their workforce. They'll view that as a win/win.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 4:35:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've started carrying a CRKT Obake that I bought from a friend. He made a modification to it so I can carry it horizontal at 11:00 on my belt with the sheath stuck through my belt loop. That way I can access it with either hand if attacked. I've used a knife to defend myself before when I was 15 and it worked pretty good.  People tend to break contact once they realize they've been stuck and have 3 or 4 inches of steel in their lung.
View Quote

The problem with the CRKT Obake is that it needs a guard. If you try to stab something without a guard under excited conditions, you can really cut up the tendons in your finger. I encourage you to look at other neck knife options that at least have a pronounced heel and bolster.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 4:44:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Scum is scum, regardless of ethnicity. My head is on a swivel all the time just more so in certain areas.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am treating people of color like I treat pit bulls.

I know there are good ones, but why take the chance? I avoid. I stay out of their social and spatial interaction zone as much as humanly possible, and 100% of the time I'm prepared to run, fight, or shoot the life out of one if it wants to hurt me.

Beyond that, hope for the best.

I understand; but like the incident in Michigan last week proved, it's a small world, and some places that are, by themselves, fine are visited by 'teen' raiding parties or people out to make a scene.  

Unless you live in the middle of Wyoming, west Texas, or Montana, keep your head on a swivel.

Treat individuals as individuals, but never lose sight of the fact that stereotypes exist for a reason. I bet the family in Panama City wishes they had.

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top