Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/10/2022 11:12:17 AM EDT
this youtube video shows some of their new stuff coming out.  (queue the parody ads with the idiot light and smoke generator)

I recently picked up this battery powered stapler for targets and its working great.
https://www.harborfreight.com/4v-cordless-stapler-57241.html

also plan to get one of this sets when i find one.
https://www.harborfreight.com/locking-flex-head-ratchet-and-bit-set-35-piece-58074.html

and ive used this Knipex clone a few times
https://www.harborfreight.com/10-in-pliers-wrench-with-comfort-grip-58200.html

will be buying a set of these
https://www.harborfreight.com/merchandising-promotions/new/600-lb-capacity-folding-steel-sawhorse-58819.html

Streamlight lantern clone anyone?
https://www.harborfreight.com/merchandising-promotions/new/2000-lumen-rechargeable-waterproof-led-lanternbattery-bank-58488.html

Checking out all the new Harbor Freight tools! (Plus Almost getting kicked out of their booth!)
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:15:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m waiting for the Badland Jack.
Badland Off-Road Jack | Harbor Freight
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#2]
If you don't work for HF you should. You just cost me money.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:17:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I've thought about buying the battery powered stapler for targets a million times and each time talked myself out of it because stapling is totally trivial with a manual stapler. Shit, even an office desk stapler.

Just seems like something to forget batteries to.

Those lanterns are handy and the sawhorses look decent.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:27:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've thought about buying the battery powered stapler for targets a million times and each time talked myself out of it because stapling is totally trivial with a manual stapler. Shit, even an office desk stapler.

View Quote

Spray adhesive works even better than staples FWIW.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Poop, nether the ratchet bit set or the pliers are available online.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:30:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Per the instruction manual downloadable from the product page, uses a USB plug in dongle with a detachable (replaceable?) USB cord to recharge. Looks like a Mini-B 5 pin port but taking that from the illustration. Would have to eyeball one to be sure.

Battery is internal, so not likely to lose . More likely someone will try to steal it from your range bag.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:32:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I just stopped in one the other day they some really nice colors on their jacks. That new off road jack looks nice.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Per the instruction manual downloadable from the product page, uses a USB plug in dongle with a detachable (replaceable?) USB cord to recharge. Looks like a Mini-B 5 pin port but taking that from the illustration. Would have to eyeball one to be sure.

Battery is internal, so not likely to lose . More likely someone will try to steal it from your range bag.
View Quote

correct. if i remember right its a micro usb so you could use a phone charger bank as a spare.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:33:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

new bit set is very hard to find
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Did I make it in before the “sUpPoRtInG ChYnA” remarks?

The off-road jack looks interesting. The aluminum jack I have from them has been great for 5 years so far.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Just talking to our forklift mechanic and he had some swivel metric ratchet wrenches from Harbor Freight and those things looked nice.

Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:36:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Did I make it in before the "sUpPoRtInG ChYnA" remarks?

The off-road jack looks interesting. The aluminum jack I have from them has been great for 5 years so far.
View Quote
I honestly think that is why most of their tools went up in price and quality...a lot are made in Taiwan.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#13]
They're following the Japanese route with cars.  Start at the cheap end, and work up.  I used to go to HF to buy tools that were cheaper than paying to rent a pro-grade tool for a few days.  HF has moved away from that, and now is looking to compete with DeW, Mil and Ryo.  HF prices are not really much cheaper than the big brands.  I would much rather pay a few dollars more and get a DeW.  I would rather buy the HF angle grinder for $10 than a Ryobi for $60.  I would not spend $50 for a upper tier HF model.  I would still rather have the cheaper one at $10.  

Nowadays, the real expense is in the batteries.  If you have an M18 setup with multiple batteries, there's no way in the world I would buy an HF tool unless there was an adapter to let me use the batteries I already have.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#14]
This has me intrigued; a digital torque adapter, use on any ratchet or breaker bar. 1/2 or 3/8…

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:49:43 AM EDT
[#15]
I've been really trying to refrain buying anything from those assholes at china freight. They were avid anti trumpers because of the import tariffs. Now were stuck with $7 diesel and cheap china shit again. I hope they're happy now....
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:52:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This has me intrigued; a digital torque adapter, use on any ratchet or breaker bar. 1/2 or 3/8…

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/195613/4C96BDA8-3967-4029-99A6-FA84DAC09C6D_jpe-2594872.JPG
View Quote

Saw this too

https://www.harborfreight.com/precision-torque-screwdriver-set-22-piece-58950.html
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#17]
You can get the stanley sawhorses sorta like those from ace as a pair for $30.

its on slick deals. I think i got them cheaper a while back but they work well.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:54:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/195613/4C96BDA8-3967-4029-99A6-FA84DAC09C6D_jpe-2594872.JPG
View Quote

I have the previous gen model, think they rebranded the color or something. It works good and seems to be pretty consistent with my non-HF torque wrenches.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:55:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah I was looking at those in store last week
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:55:17 AM EDT
[#20]
The bit ratchets are nice  
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

new bit set is very hard to find
View Quote

It took me a few months checking the site to find them in stock locally to go get one.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:58:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoting some banned member (SteyrAug?) from years ago, "Everything from Harbor Freight turns into a hammer after a year. "
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 12:05:09 PM EDT
[#23]
A battery powered stapler is now on my radar.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I need to trip over there soon and get one of those staplers as well.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 12:25:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Should be able to buy for sub $35 with coupon

review in here
Best Stapler? Milwaukee vs Ryobi, Arrow, DeWalt, Makita, Bauer, Stanley, Workpro, Citadel, Bielmeier

Link Posted: 11/10/2022 12:29:17 PM EDT
[#26]
I have to drive 35 miles to get to HFT.
They never have what i want in stock.
i just order my Chinese made shit tools off Amazon. They have a better return policy and they deliver.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 12:33:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Don't choke on that Chinese dick
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#28]
I'd rather use a manual staple gun for paper targets.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You can get the stanley sawhorses sorta like those from ace as a pair for $30.

its on slick deals. I think i got them cheaper a while back but they work well.
View Quote

Thanks for this! I have been needed a set for a project.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 12:43:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Harbor Freight has been following the Vortex model and are succeeding with it.

They have gone from just throwaway tools to a TIER system.  Want cheap throw away tools at bargain bin prices, they got them. Want some really well made (non china) options at non-brand name prices, they got them. Want to fall somewhere in between, they have at least two more options.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

literally every piece of electronics you own has Chinese parts in it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

posted from his chinese computer*

edit: OP beat me!
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#33]
I use their cheapy right angle screwdrivers, they have a 1/4” socket head under the thumb wheel and are cheap to replace.

https://www.harborfreight.com/8-piece-right-angle-screwdriver-92630.html

Lowe’s has compact saw horses like that for like $14 or $16 right now….

ETA, Craftsman 1000Ibs

https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-Essential-33-66-in-W-x-28-9-in-H-Metal-Saw-Horse-1-000-lb-Capacity/1001107598

Link Posted: 11/10/2022 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know.  Those are the 2 items I was going to buy.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 12:58:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They're following the Japanese route with cars.  Start at the cheap end, and work up.  I used to go to HF to buy tools that were cheaper than paying to rent a pro-grade tool for a few days.  HF has moved away from that, and now is looking to compete with DeW, Mil and Ryo.  HF prices are not really much cheaper than the big brands.  I would much rather pay a few dollars more and get a DeW.  I would rather buy the HF angle grinder for $10 than a Ryobi for $60.  I would not spend $50 for a upper tier HF model.  I would still rather have the cheaper one at $10.  

Nowadays, the real expense is in the batteries.  If you have an M18 setup with multiple batteries, there's no way in the world I would buy an HF tool unless there was an adapter to let me use the batteries I already have.
View Quote

I have the Bauer 1 gallon battery powered sprayer and a DeWalt battery adapter for it, as well as the Bauer air compressor with a DeWalt battery adapter.  Both work great.  If They come out with a larger 20 volt bandsaw I will buy it and another adapter.  Those items don't get much use so cheaper is fine with me.  The sprayer is tits though.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 1:00:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I use their cheapy right angle screwdrivers, they have a 1/4” socket head under the thumb wheel and are cheap to replace.

ETA, Craftsman 1000Ins

https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-Essential-33-66-in-W-x-28-9-in-H-Metal-Saw-Horse-1-000-lb-Capacity/1001107598

View Quote

Damn.  I just canceled my Ace order and picked up 2 sets of these.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Those icon knock offs of the kniplex pliers are pretty good.
Made in better China too. Taiwan.
The spot for those is always empty at the semi local HF.
They are a touch bulkier than the kniplex version.

I'll have to look for that mini ratchet set.
And the 3 position pliers in the video.

The battery operated staple gun though?
How many staples are you needing to run in, that a cheap manual stapler can't get done?

And you can still purchase US made staple guns.

Yeah I am happy that more of their stuff is now Taiwan and not CH-ina.

We'll see about that wheelyed floor jack.
The one I have is too high half the time.
But I don't have a paved or concrete drive and I have to drag the one i have around.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#38]
I just threw down $229 last night on a 6" Doyle Vise. It's a beast. 62lbs! I think they have been out a year, so not exactly new. Vise prices on anything decent has sky rocketed. I was warned not to buy any of the Central Forge stuff, but the Doyle stuff was a supposedly decent.

A lot of money to throw down on a vise, but my staff has been hell on my old vise. It was a cheapie to begin with. 20 years old and bolted to my portable welding table, somehow they broke the base and then some yahoo decided to take the jaws off and lose the screws. I was trying to use it yesterday to hold some 3/4" pipe for threading, pinched my damn thumb trying to loosen it, fuck, bleeding everywhere. Left work at 5 and drove straight to HF for that big bastard and threw down my business credit card. Sometimes a little blood and cussing is all it takes.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Lol that sucks.
I have done that before when the handle suddenly loosens up.
But never to the point of blood letting.
Just the hop around cussing.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 3:35:38 PM EDT
[#40]
They're killing it.
Harbor Freight Sema Show Brand New Products. First looks at US General Gen 3
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 3:41:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I have the Bauer 1 gallon battery powered sprayer and a DeWalt battery adapter for it, as well as the Bauer air compressor with a DeWalt battery adapter.  Both work great.  If They come out with a larger 20 volt bandsaw I will buy it and another adapter.  Those items don't get much use so cheaper is fine with me.  The sprayer is tits though.
View Quote

How much is the sprayer? I have a few projects…

I know battery adapters are like $20
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 3:45:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I just threw down $229 last night on a 6" Doyle Vise. It's a beast. 62lbs! I think they have been out a year, so not exactly new. Vise prices on anything decent has sky rocketed. I was warned not to buy any of the Central Forge stuff, but the Doyle stuff was a supposedly decent.

A lot of money to throw down on a vise, but my staff has been hell on my old vise. It was a cheapie to begin with. 20 years old and bolted to my portable welding table, somehow they broke the base and then some yahoo decided to take the jaws off and lose the screws. I was trying to use it yesterday to hold some 3/4" pipe for threading, pinched my damn thumb trying to loosen it, fuck, bleeding everywhere. Left work at 5 and drove straight to HF for that big bastard and threw down my business credit card. Sometimes a little blood and cussing is all it takes.
View Quote

I think those are actually made from real malleable Iron like the old American vises.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

It’s actually turning into Taiwanese dick. Still not too big so it’s ok…
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's actually turning into Taiwanese dick. Still not too big so it's ok
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/10/2022 4:05:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If you don't work for HF you should. You just cost me money.
View Quote

Bauer Tools - work for 24 hours, then you're outta time.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 4:15:20 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

I was checking out their locker box as a stand-alone unit. It was very nice, well partitioned and would hold all sorts of shit. I was tempted, but it’s not in the cards at this point.

Also I grabbed one of the Icon split-beam torque wrenches with the Inside Track 15% discount. It’s very nice. Made in Taiwan and calibrated in the US, I think.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best China makes good stuff.

Link Posted: 11/10/2022 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

ETA, Craftsman 1000Ibs

View Quote

Fine print says 1000 for the pair.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 10:54:25 PM EDT
[#49]
I have the little ratchet set, probably made in the same factory as the Facom sets I have, should be very solid.  

I have Knipex and Icon copy, the copy rides in my truck box, it's probably as good as the original.

I need one of the offroad jacks, half the price of the Pro Eagle.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:03:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I’m waiting for the Badland Jack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuHoidlrs58
View Quote

I need that, any idea on when they are actually going to hit the market?  Can't find anything.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top