Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/13/2022 9:07:01 AM EDT
News story with new video of him actually towing the plane out, getting in, taking off, etc.

I don’t care if it’s a dupe.  RIP, Sky King.  

New video released

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 9:08:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Suicidal thief.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 9:15:27 AM EDT
[#2]
He did stuff with that plane that nobody has ever done and all with no training.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 9:19:41 AM EDT
[#3]

RIP Beebo
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 9:21:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Fly high Sky King.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 9:22:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Fly High, Sky King
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 9:33:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Rest In Peace sir. You provided one hell of an entertaining day on the west coast radio waves.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Idolizing a suicidal thief.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 9:39:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Crazy M'fer. Gets the engines spun up before he even gets it out on the ramp in a position to taxi then climbs in it while its rolling.  Amazing shit you couldn't make it up.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 9:54:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Suicidal thief.
View Quote

I suppose he was, but he was probably a lot of other things too.  I think the story resonates with people because it really was clear that he was just a guy who worked at the airport.  I have no idea why he ended up doing this; maybe he didn’t think it through very well, or maybe he planned it for months.  Listening to the ATC audio is almost like a glimpse into someone’s soul.  He’s completely candid about everything, and you can hear the sadness and regret in his voice.  He knows the inevitable result of what he’s done.  He doesn’t try to hurt anyone or make any grand statement, and doesn’t expect anyone to solve the problem he created.  He finds an empty place to put it down and accepts his fate.  He’s definitely not a hero, but I think that a lot of people can relate to what he was probably feeling.  

I get it though man, I really do.  I am as callous and judgemental as anyone, but every so often a story like this comes along and makes me think that maybe I shouldn’t be.  The human condition can be complicated.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:03:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Naaah, I’m a huwite guy.

F ??
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
He did stuff with that plane that nobody has ever done and all with no training.
View Quote

Just because a text pilot could roll a 747, doesn't mean anyone should. Flying does not long suffer those who stray from safe operation.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Suicidal thief.
View Quote

all great men are also flawed
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:37:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn, the plane was rolling and he had to run and jump in
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:39:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I suppose he was, but he was probably a lot of other things too.  I think the story resonates with people because it really was clear that he was just a guy who worked at the airport.  I have no idea why he ended up doing this; maybe he didn’t think it through very well, or maybe he planned it for months.  Listening to the ATC audio is almost like a glimpse into someone’s soul.  He’s completely candid about everything, and you can hear the sadness and regret in his voice.  He knows the inevitable result of what he’s done.  He doesn’t try to hurt anyone or make any grand statement, and doesn’t expect anyone to solve the problem he created.  He finds an empty place to put it down and accepts his fate.  He’s definitely not a hero, but I think that a lot of people can relate to what he was probably feeling.  

I get it though man, I really do.  I am as callous and judgemental as anyone, but every so often a story like this comes along and makes me think that maybe I shouldn’t be.  The human condition can be complicated.
View Quote

Just because I understand and can even empathize doesn't mean he made a good or right choice. I understand what would make a man abandon his job and family, run off, and plow his way through a mile of fresh poon. But it's also absolutely a despicable choice that every man must reject.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:44:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Just because I understand and can even empathize doesn't mean he made a good or right choice. I understand what would make a man abandon his job and family, run off, and plow his way through a mile of fresh poon. But it's also absolutely a despicable choice that every man must reject.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who cares about a $13 an hour job as a baggage handler? He didn’t have kids but was married.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:45:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Sky King and Killdozer shall live on in infamy.

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:57:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think anyone here is arguing with you.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:59:42 AM EDT
[#19]
He destroyed a perfectly good airplane. One 9mm round would have been a whole lot more acceptable.

TC
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:02:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Fucking legend.  Get off your high horses; nobody cares.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#21]
He died doing what he loved?????
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Suicidal thief.
View Quote

Yes. But........it struck a chord with some of us.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#24]
lol, at some of the butthurt responses

some people are born to party, some people are born to complain about others partying.  tis life
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
He destroyed a perfectly good airplane. One 9mm round would have been a whole lot more acceptable.

TC
View Quote

Yeah, great, let him go die somewhere less offensive to your sensibilities so he can be a faceless statistic for someone else's gun control claims, huh? Much better alternative. Not in my electronic backyard!
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:24:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Huh. Don’t remember this.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#27]
The dude could have taken others out with him like many do. He chose not to, and for that, he gets my respect, and compassion.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Well, I am sure out of touch.
I hear Sky King and I think of Penny and the gang

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:38:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#30]
He just wanted to see a whale and do a barrel roll
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#31]
I kinda liked Lawnchair Larry, myself.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#32]
I think in some way, we all want to do a barrel roll.

RIP sky king

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The dude could have taken others out with him like many do. He chose not to, and for that, he gets my respect, and compassion.
View Quote

Plenty of other young men who decide to take a bunch of people and/or children with them and make everything worse for everyone.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Honestly, I think he wanted to land the thing but just fucked it up
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

TC
View Quote

I wouldn't say a Q400 is a perfectly good airplane. Can't wait for them to go away.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 2:26:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Thief
Loser
Idiot.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 2:55:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
News story with new video of him actually towing the plane out, getting in, taking off, etc.
I don’t care if it’s a dupe.  RIP, Sky King.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fitting for the "can you learn to fly on a pc sim" thread. I bet he could have landed it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#40]
I definitely don't condone what he did, but I give him credit for going out in an epic way.  I do wish he would have landed it, served his time and got on with his life.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Just a normal guy. Maybe a couple screws loose.

Fly high, Sky King.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:23:42 PM EDT
[#42]
[b]Originally Posted By AA717driver

TC
View Quote

It’s an inanimate object. I’m sure the operator had insurance.

Don’t condone what he or the Blackhawk pilot down at Fort Stewart did, but I could care less about the aircraft themselves. At least they didn’t hurt anyone else.

Though if the Fort Stewart guy had a little bit of a sense of humor, he would’ve taken than aircraft up to about 200 feet, engaged hover hold over an uninhabited area and jumped out.

Leave everyone staring at an unmanned flying Blackhawk.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:36:38 PM EDT
[#43]
It's possible that the guy had a dream, accomplished that dream, and knew full well it was the last thing he would do. Possibly the last thing he wanted to do.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:41:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
He died doing what he loved?????
View Quote

Crashing airplanes??

A friend of mine died in a plane crash last year - doing the same stupid shit that caused his first plane crash. So I guess it's a thing.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#45]
RIP Sky King.

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 6:23:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Idolizing a suicidal thief.
View Quote

After you die, no one will ever remember you for you will have done nothing.

He will live forever in the minds of others.

Maybe he's not the waste of space you think he is. Maybe... it's you.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#47]
So airlines Can get flights out on time if they chose to.  

push back and taxi at forced intervals by ramp personnel;  ticket upgrade

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 7:18:58 PM EDT
[#48]
The jets from PDX breaking the sound barrier over my house on their way to get to him was what got me looking into what was happening. Lol
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

After you die, no one will ever remember you for you will have done nothing.

He will live forever in the minds of others.

Maybe he's not the waste of space you think he is. Maybe... it's you.
View Quote
He stole and destroyed an airplane.  It wasn't his to take, it was private property which belonged to someone.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:09:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Poor Bastard.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top