BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Very obviously he involved dozens of people directly and millions of people indirectly. He could have cut his wrist or hanged himself or blown his brains out if he didn't want to involve many others. But again drama queen faggot. Look at me!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s empathy for a guy so troubled and broken that he decided checking out was his best option. It’s one of those “I can’t condone this, but I understand it” moments.

How do any of those incidents compare to someone who obviously went out of his way deliberately not harm/involve anyone else in his final act?

And? So what?

I think there is a small part of a lot of people that envy the sense of freedom he must have felt and experienced during that flight.

Very obviously he involved dozens of people directly and millions of people indirectly. He could have cut his wrist or hanged himself or blown his brains out if he didn't want to involve many others. But again drama queen faggot. Look at me!

Yeah, one of my daughters was on a flight due to land at SEA when this happened. The plane went into a holding pattern somewhere and was like an hour late. None of us bear any ill will towards him. What was your involvement?
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yeah, one of my daughters was on a flight due to land at SEA when this happened. The plane went into a holding pattern somewhere and was like an hour late. None of us bear any ill will towards him. What was your involvement?
View Quote

It wasn’t the first fatal airplane crash I witnessed in person or heard live on the radio.

I’ll never forget the first two.

But wrecking a *stolen* turboprop on purpose isn’t forgivable.

And to answer your question it really didn’t affect me directly. But like gun owners I don’t need or want extra scrutiny from those outside the community.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:08:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't remember thinking he had any plans to hurt anyone(but himself towards the end)..I was hoping he would landed it someplace.

Quoted:

It was wild to see! He flew over top of me with fighter jets in tow, super low. I'm about a mile from Titlow Beach. He was doing the barrel roll just minutes after I had seen him.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

All Tex wanted to do was a barrel roll too, but that was a 707.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What would be unsafe about barrel rolling a 747?

All Tex wanted to do was a barrel roll too, but that was a 707.

Some here might call him an attention seeking drama queen.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

PP seems to have a lot of hate for the guy. It really came out end of last page; reads like an irrational overreaction considering the facts (skyking didnt hurt anyone, nor intend to). I think his bias is in his screenname.

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:18:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol comparing a Boeing test pilot to a sad faggot who couldn’t hack serving burgers at McDonald’s.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

PP seems to have a lot of hate for the guy. It really came out end of last page. Reads like an irrational overreaction considering the facts (he didnt hurt anyone, nor intend to). I think his bias is in his screenname.

View Quote

Nailed it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Suicidal thief.
View Quote

Sinners make the best saints.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:22:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Interestingly if this happened at MSY none of the locals would defend it. But left coast will be left coast.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

He didn’t go out of his way to avoid harming anyone. He purposefully crashed a multi-ton airplane that he *stole* (can’t be said enough) into an inhabited island. I’m not obtuse and I lost zero sleep over his mental illness and his decision to checkout. But he could have chosen numerous ways to go that wouldn’t have even made the local news.
But he was a drama queen faggot thief so he was incapable of doing something like that without getting attention so we get to talk about it for years. I’m glad he’s dead and I’m only sad that it didn’t hurt.
View Quote

All that hate is gonna burn you up, kid.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
All that hate is gonna burn you up, kid.
View Quote

Keeps him warm when the cabin heat fails

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 1:52:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Interestingly if this happened at MSY none of the locals would defend it. But left coast will be left coast.
View Quote

Lulz

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#13]

The guy had TBI which may have something to do with it, since he alluded to it while talking to the tower.

And doing a barrel roll in a Dash-8 is pretty epic.

A pretty poetic way to off yourself. Way better than a 9mm.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 2:20:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Lol comparing a Boeing test pilot to a sad faggot who couldn’t hack serving burgers at McDonald’s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He performed an unauthorized, questionable and unnecessary maneuver over a large public crowd and was reprimanded for it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:38:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't remember thinking he had any plans to hurt anyone(but himself towards the end)..I was hoping he would landed it someplace.

View Quote

I was rooting for him to land it successfully. There is a level of sadness. I heard it in his voice. It was a soul that had been beaten down till he gave up. He chose his own way out. He got to tell part of his story. You didn’t have to listen to it. But you had the option to. Share holders lost money. He was a thief. Surely not a coward though. He was a man that had lost his sense of hope.

I feel for him. For a little bit of him is in us. He resonates with those who are struggling. Rest In Peace Richard Russell.

He isn’t my hero. But I do feel his pain. I understand it in a small way. Hopefully the pain he succumbed to does not over take me the same as it overtook him. I hope it doesn’t over take anyone here. Chances are it will though. Stories that are never told. Never known. We lose members here all the time and it’s never known. RR’s story is known. He resonates with everyone who’s dealt with depression.

Link Posted: 7/15/2022 1:23:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Wanted to die.

Poor wife
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top