Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/26/2018 9:44:19 PM EDT
Well, I was able to sell the stock wheels and tires off of my truck for a really good price, and picked up a new set of wheels and tires for not much more.  I've never bought wheels for any vehicle I've owned, but I figured what the hell.....I saved enough on buying a used truck, I might as well dress it up a little.

I ended up going with a set of Raptor 20x9 wheels with 0mm offset. This sets them out around 2" father than the stock wheels and tires. They stick about 2" past the fenders. Wide enough where they look a little more "aggressive" than stock, but not wide enough where you see them as say "look at that stupid Brodozer".  For tires I went with Nitto Terra Grappler G2's.  The last two sets I had on my other truck both went 60,000 miles before I had to replace them.  10-ply, pretty quiet on the highway, and plenty grippy for mud/snow/offroad.

What do you think?  Not bad for a 13 year old truck with 215K on in that only cost me $12k. :grin:

And yes....I quickly learned that 6.0 Fords have their issues...but after several days of wrenching on the darn thing, I have all of the "common issues" taken care of.  I saved enough money buying this thing vs. the same year Cummins....I can damn near drop a new engine in the truck and still be under what a 5.9 Dodge would have cost me.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2018 9:45:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good either way to me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 9:47:42 PM EDT
[#2]
meh, looked better stock. "Rockstar / brodozer" rims are played out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks good either way to me.
View Quote
I just wanted it to look a little different......it just looked to boring before. Too much of a farm truck....although that's pretty much what it is.  Like I said...I figured what the hell, the truck is paid for.....might as well treat it to a nice set of wheels
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 9:49:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Unfortunately......all of the aftermarket wheel manufacturers pretty much only sell black "brodozer" wheels now. These were the least "brodozerish" wheels I could find, that still looked nice.....and were on sale for cheap.  The tires cost more than the wheels.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Not a fan of the wheels (and I have black wheels on my f150) but it does look better!
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 9:49:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice rig, looks good.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 9:51:14 PM EDT
[#7]
The new wheels/tires make it look a little newer but I am growing tired of the look. If you like it, good on ya OP. Nice truck by the way.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 9:51:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not a fan of the wheels (and I have black wheels on my f150) but it does look better!
View Quote
It was pretty tough finding a set of wheels that looked good on it. But when it's all said and done....it just depends on what you like.  There are about 1000+ different styles/types/brands of wheels to choose from......everyone has different tastes.  Merica'
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Too much wheel, not enough tire.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The new wheels/tires make it look a little newer but I am growing tired of the look. If you like it, good on ya OP. Nice truck by the way.
View Quote
I REALLY don't like the look of black wheels...but when I was searching online, just about every company that sells aftermarket wheels sells 99% black wheels and 1% chrome wheels...and the chrome ones are twice the cost!

At lease these have some silver accents in them.  All in all...I can't complain.  They didn't cost me much.  I think it still makes the truck look better......
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I like it
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Too much wheel, not enough tire.
View Quote
The tires are 33x12.5....anything bigger and I would have had to either put a lift kit on it, or start trimming parts in and around the front wheel wells in order to make the tires not rub. I use this truck for towing...so I didn't want a lift kit....and lift kits are retarded for the most part.  Stock ride height is what I wanted.

I used this truck for towing...not for offroading.  I wanted a bigger wheels, and shorter sidewall tire to keep the sidewalls stiff...and not kill my MPG.  I get around 18-19 mpg on the highway with this setup.....not bad for a truck that makes around 450hp and 700+ ft/lbs of TQ.

Plus....I didn't spend $70K for the truck (what a new truck would have cost me).....so I'm happy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:01:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice upgrade. I like it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:03:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.
Meh.....looked too plain and boring before. Like every other red F250 I have seen.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:10:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:12:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Nice looking truck for an 05.
View Quote
I probably looked at a dozen of them ..05-07....they all had some rust and crummy paint, but this one has no rust, and awesome paint.  I lucked out!
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:12:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:14:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Agreed...and this truck is missing the huge green M for Monster energy drink on the rear window.

Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:16:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Agreed...and this truck is missing the huge green M for Monster energy drink on the rear window.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it needs a 12" lift, 14" wide wheels and tires that stick a foot outside of the fenders, a 10" diameter exhaust tip, and a set of chrome truck nuts in order to be approved for a big Monster sticker on the back window.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:17:08 PM EDT
[#21]
With those big chrome bumpers, a set of Mickey Thompson Classic IIIs would look good on your truck.

All chrome

Black with chrome simulated beadlocks
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:17:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No, it needs a 12" lift, 14" wide wheels and tires that stick a foot outside of the fenders, and a set of chrome truck nuts in order to be approved for a big Monster sticker on the back window.
View Quote
Good point...
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:18:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
With those big chrome bumpers, a set of Mickey Thompson Classic IIIs would look good on your truck.

All chrome

View Quote
Nah, I was trying to make the truck look a little more modern...not older than it actually is. Those would look great on a 70's Bronco....but not an 05' F250.

And I wanted 20" wheels....stiffer sidewalls for better MPG.  I'm not going for offroad grip, I want MPG.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:21:30 PM EDT
[#24]
That is a very sweet looking rig OP!

Congrats
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:21:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Love my 6.0 (6 uh oh...) Nice job on the rims.
How much have you done? Studs, egr, tune, remote oil cooler, there's lots to do! If you plan on adding extra light don't, I repeat don't, put a light bar across the top of the windshield... All you see is hood shine and it doesn't do shit. Put a small light bar in between the fog lights, works way better! And please if you tow re-aim the headlights properly.
Airbags helped my ride and if you get the remote air kit you can adjust the bag pressure from the cab. I've found that the stock trailer brake controller works pretty damn good.
Are you 5th wheel towing or bumper pull towing?
Have you talked to Spartan? He kinda knows his shit with 6.0s, 6.4s, and 6.7s...
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:24:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks good.

I'm a factory wheel kinda guy.  Due for some new meats myself.

My '05.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:24:37 PM EDT
[#27]
But it's red.

Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#28]
OP, now it only needs a paint job.

Just messin with you. I like 'em.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:25:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Nah, I was trying to make the truck look a little more modern...not older than it actually is. Those would look great on a 70's Bronco....but not an 05' F250.

And I wanted 20" wheels....stiffer sidewalls for better MPG.  I'm not going for offroad grip, I want MPG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All chrome

Roger that - you do have a point. I have the older chrome 16x10 MTs on my lifted 80s Suburban.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:26:25 PM EDT
[#30]
I knew this was a Bro dozer thread before I even opened it. Rollin’ Coal, sweet rig bro. Make sure you carry a flat bill and Oakleys in the center console just in case.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:27:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Unfortunately......all of the aftermarket wheel manufacturers pretty much only sell black "brodozer" wheels now. These were the least "brodozerish" wheels I could find, that still looked nice.....and were on sale for cheap.  The tires cost more than the wheels.
View Quote
Its always nice to find a deal.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:31:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Well, I was able to sell the stock wheels and tires off of my truck for a really good price, and picked up a new set of wheels and tires for not much more.  I've never bought wheels for any vehicle I've owned, but I figured what the hell.....I saved enough on buying a used truck, I might as well dress it up a little.

I ended up going with a set of Raptor 20x9 wheels with 0mm offset. This sets them out around 2" father than the stock wheels and tires. They stick about 2" past the fenders. Wide enough where they look a little more "aggressive" than stock, but not wide enough where you see them as say "look at that stupid Brodozer".  For tires I went with Nitto Terra Grappler G2's.  The last two sets I had on my other truck both went 60,000 miles before I had to replace them.  10-ply, pretty quiet on the highway, and plenty grippy for mud/snow/offroad.

What do you think?  Not bad for a 13 year old truck with 215K on in that only cost me $12k. :grin:

And yes....I quickly learned that 6.0 Fords have their issues...but after several days of wrenching on the darn thing, I have all of the "common issues" taken care of.  I saved enough money buying this thing vs. the same year Cummins....I can damn near drop a new engine in the truck and still be under what a 5.9 Dodge would have cost me.  

https://i.imgur.com/grJLqMd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Yxxmso7.jpg
View Quote
Needs 08 mirrors.   But I dig it!

I just powdercoated my wheels.  I'm cheap.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:39:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Love my 6.0 (6 uh oh...) Nice job on the rims.
How much have you done? Studs, egr, tune, remote oil cooler, there's lots to do! If you plan on adding extra light don't, I repeat don't, put a light bar across the top of the windshield... All you see is hood shine and it doesn't do shit. Put a small light bar in between the fog lights, works way better! And please if you tow re-aim the headlights properly.
Airbags helped my ride and if you get the remote air kit you can adjust the bag pressure from the cab. I've found that the stock trailer brake controller works pretty damn good.
Are you 5th wheel towing or bumper pull towing?
Have you talked to Spartan? He kinda knows his shit with 6.0s, 6.4s, and 6.7s...
View Quote
So far I've done (not by choice) all of the standard 6.0 updates (SCT HPOP fitting update, blue spring kit, dummy plugs, standpipes, oil cooler, oil rail nipple cup orings) along with an EGR delete, coolant flush with CAT-EC1 coolant, coolant filter, new air, oil, fuel filter, and transmission filter(s),  fresh engine and tranny oil change.  I also had to replace a front u-joint, an ICP and EBP sensor, and a few connector plugs that needed replaced. It was a lot of work, but I like turning wrenches.  It's nice knowing I saved several thousand dollars doing all the work myself. I've got around $1,500 in "maintenance" parts......everything except ARP head studs and new head gaskets. At this point, with 215K miles on it and stock bolts and gaskets...I'm just going to run it.  The guy I bought it from pulled a big 5th wheel camper everything...I'm pulling a boat an camper about half the weight of his 5th wheel, so I'm hoping the head gaskets will last a while longer.

If I do add a light bar, it's going to be one of the 30" ones that mounts in the grill opening.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:39:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I used this truck for towing...not for offroading.  I wanted a bigger wheels, and shorter sidewall tire to keep the sidewalls stiff...and not kill my MPG.  I get around 18-19 mpg on the highway with this setup.....not bad for a truck that makes around 450hp and 700+ ft/lbs of TQ.

Plus....I didn't spend $70K for the truck (what a new truck would have cost me).....so I'm happy.
View Quote
Holy shit that thing gets the same gas mileage as a v6 mustang? Either that truck is an amazing anomoly or youre full of shit. Wonder which is more likely? Next your gonna tell us you reload .223 for 2 cents a round right?
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:40:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Looks good.

I'm a factory wheel kinda guy.  Due for some new meats myself.

My '05.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/333293/20170829_200358-465703.JPG
View Quote
If mind had those wheels on them, I would have kept them. Looks great!!  
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:41:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I knew this was a Bro dozer thread before I even opened it. Rollin’ Coal, sweet rig bro. Make sure you carry a flat bill and Oakleys in the center console just in case.
View Quote
Actually...this thing runs clean. Doesn't blow any smoke at all.  Just because it's a diesel doens't make it a brodozer. Sorry to disappoint you....
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:43:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Holy shit that thing gets the same gas mileage as a v6 mustang? Either that truck is an amazing anomoly or youre full of shit. Wonder which is more likely? Next your gonna tell us you reload .223 for 2 cents a round right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Know how I know you don't know what you are talking about?  

4" turbo back exhaust, no cat, no muffler, and an aftermarket tune....yep...I have logged 19mpg on the highway running 65mph...calculated, not going off what the computer says. It's amazing what kind of MPG these things get without all of that emissions crap on them.

Search online....lots of guys getting 20mpg with the same truck. The custom tunes really help.

There is a reason these older 03-07 diesel trucks are in such demand......all of that newer emission stuff kills your MPG. And not putting a stupid huge lift kit on the thing makes a big difference also...
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:44:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Much better.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:44:59 PM EDT
[#40]
One of my favorite wheels OP. Looks great.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:45:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Big time...
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:46:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:46:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Nice truck.  Sometimes a little freshen up like that helps maintain the desire to keep the vehicle.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:52:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Needs power running boards.

Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:53:21 PM EDT
[#45]
I've never owned a truck...and I'm glad you're happy with it. But.... the new tires look.... I dunno...just off on that.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:55:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Saw the first picture and was about to comment about how you found some really nice clean wheels and then I got smacked in the face with the "I drink 5 monsters a day" wheel starter pack

I guess if you like them that's all that matters.

I just wish there were more simple, clean looking wheels for trucks.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:56:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If mind had those wheels on them, I would have kept them. Looks great!!  
View Quote
Thanks.
I drove halfway to Iowa and bought em with 50% tread tires for $600.

I see your in MO, look up Super Duty Service in Grain Valley.

I recently stumbled across his videos on YT.

I do most of my own wrenching, but will be taking it to them when the time comes to rebuild.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:57:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Know how I know you don't know what you are talking about?  

4" turbo back exhaust, no cat, no muffler, and an aftermarket tune....yep...I have logged 19mpg on the highway running 65mph...calculated, not going off what the computer says. It's amazing what kind of MPG these things get without all of that emissions crap on them.

Search online....lots of guys getting 20mpg with the same truck. The custom tunes really help.

There is a reason these older 03-07 diesel trucks are in such demand......all of that newer emission stuff kills your MPG. And not putting a stupid huge lift kit on the thing makes a big difference also...
View Quote
Best I ever got routinely was, stock with tunes at 16.5mpg average. Stock no tunes, 13.5.

now with big sticks, and turbo, and tunes, 12.5.....  But she's quick!
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Looks good. Those wheels are far from brodozer wheels.

They don't look like this

Or this

Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:06:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top