Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:25:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lifelong democrat and Obama fellator.

View Quote

Honestly I don't care what actors personal beliefs are, unless they are actively involved using their fame and money for activism/politics.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That was the wokeism. Black women on TV back then portrayed maids or wash women.

A professional black woman with intelligence and poise was unheard of.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When she came onscreen in that red miniskirt, any shred of racism died in every teenage male in America!

She was great at that role.

I have to remember it was first aired in the ‘60’s

It was still impactful over the years

RIP

And, she played an intelligent, feminine, capable woman—not whatever gender nonsense MSM is pushing these days.  She was one of my first crushes & I’ve always been attracted to intelligent, capable, attractive, feminine women.

Rest in Peace, Nichelle.

That was the wokeism. Black women on TV back then portrayed maids or wash women.

A professional black woman with intelligence and poise was unheard of.

while they were pushing some social stuff on Trek it wasn't nearly like the woke shit of today
From the character's perspective Uhura was a fellow bridge officer with all the privileges and responsibilities that come with the rank and assignment. they never said stuff like "hey Uhura, what's it like being a black woman on the bridge?"
Unlike transtrek, I mean Discovery, that is in your face with the shit by having the characters talk about it and dwell on it
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:50:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Need to rewatch some Star Trek this weekend in her honor.

Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:52:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sad to hear of her passing, I understand she was not well in the final years of her life.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sad to hear of her passing, I understand she was not well in the final years of her life.

I posted this in the other thread on the news:

Quoted:
She was at the 2019 Cincinnati Comic Expo and did not seem to be in great shape then.

Seemed more like her family was wheeling her out to get what cash they could out of the tour. The prices for her autograph were far higher than a lot of the others there. She didn't remember names of folks coming up to meet her but she was still an absolute sweetheart with everyone that came up to talk and get her autograph.

Very glad I got mine and took the opportunity to meet her when I did.

Attachment Attached File

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top