[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What about basketball?
View Quote

Basketball doesn't have a world series.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 1:26:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Lol, black folks can be some of the worst about excluding other black folks from “blackness.” They do it usually as it suits their purpose. I had a black instructor say once that Halle Berry wasn’t black because she’s half white. This same instructor said in another class that she was black because she looked black. And Obama, supposed son of Kenyan and white woman is the great first “black” president. And Kamala, Indian and Jamaican, etc.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 3:00:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If diversity were really as important as winning to Dusty Baker, I’m fairly confident he could sign more black players. However, it sounds like he doesn’t have a problem with the lack of black players on his roster and is doing his job of fielding the best players that give him the highest odds of winning.
View Quote

Winning is the ultimate white privilege.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 4:20:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Who

The fuck

Cares???!!!

Link Posted: 10/27/2022 4:23:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Who

The fuck

Cares???!!!

View Quote

Bob?
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 4:37:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It’s a black problem. Baseball isn’t cool to them like football and basketball so they don’t play it. Fucking shallow article, there’s no problem here that’s not entirely black created.
View Quote

There is no problem.  People do what they like to do.  Black people like to play other sports and the writers of this article like to write disingenuous race-baiting bullshit
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 6:01:28 AM EDT
[#7]
The real question and issue is:  Why are we even looking at color and make up of a team?  That is the root of this fucked up clown world.

When I was working and had to put a team together for an engineering project of outage, I did not look at the person, I looked at the expertise and capabilities. I did not care if the engineer was purple, and had three eyes, I wanted the best person for the job.

As long as we look for color, we will always see color....and BTW there are only two genders

Link Posted: 10/27/2022 6:03:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Running from the cops doesn't build hand-eye coordination.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 6:18:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Don’t care
View Quote

I care that it even matters.

The best person for that particular task.  Anything else is racist.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 6:36:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"That is eye opening," said Bob Kendrick, president of the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum in Kansas City, Missouri. "It is somewhat startling that two cities that have high African American populations, there's not a single Black player."

"It lets us know there's obviously a lot of work to be done to create opportunities for Black kids to pursue their dream at the highest level," he said.

Houston and Philadelphia will announce their 26-man rosters several hours before Game 1 on Friday night at Minute Maid Park, where Dusty Baker, a Black outfielder for the 1981 champion Los Angeles Dodgers, manages the Astros.

https://hosted.ap.org/article/f7768955507758abf3af00552d4ba9b7/no-us-born-black-players-expected-world-series-rosters

Paging Jesse and Al
View Quote

Everything is racist, everything.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 6:43:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How many latino players?
View Quote

Latino’s have been white since George Zimmerman
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 6:49:49 AM EDT
[#12]
So no one will get robbed in the dugout?
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:07:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Trumps fault.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:23:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What does it fucking matter?
View Quote

That’s what that c#%t Hillary said. Am I right???
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:24:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Isn’t the World Series something you have to earn?
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:41:05 AM EDT
[#16]
No one gives a flying fuck about what used to be Baseball.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:50:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
But that’s not saying women or other minorities can’t participate. Someone has to be the waterboy, serve food, get Gatorade and rub feet!  Employment abounds!
View Quote

This. It’s racism. Yordan s blacker than most American blacks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:52:53 AM EDT
[#18]
They don’t want to hang out with the tards that play baseball now.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:57:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Somehow this is supposed to be my problem?
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:59:05 AM EDT
[#20]
No one has racially divided this country with their own vile bigotry and hatred like Barry Soetoro has in his 3rd term occupying the oval office
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 8:03:55 AM EDT
[#21]
The teams with black players should have played better…
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 8:15:37 AM EDT
[#22]
I have a dream that my children will some day live in a nation where people are judged not by the content of their character, not by their hard earned talents, NOT by their God-given abilities, but that they may be judged solely on skin color and diversity quotas!  I have a dream that they will achieve great things simply by whining and not by working for it; that they will be able to shame gutless white people into elevating them beyond what they have earned.

I have a dream today.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 8:24:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It’s a black problem. Baseball isn’t cool to them like football and basketball so they don’t play it. Fucking shallow article, there’s no problem here that’s not entirely black created.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/27/2022 8:38:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Does this mean I can make decisions based on race too?
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 9:46:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Holy shit, wait until the NHL finals. They are going to have a hissy fit about the lack of diversity with that one.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
American youth baseball is EXPENSIVE. Those travel teams that draw the attention of college recruiters and pro scouts cost thousands of dollars a season.My friend payed $3000 for her 11 year old to play last year for about 3 months…Throw in the sheer politics of it where if a kid doesn’t have parents actively advocating for you to play it’s near impossible to get looks. Football and Basketball are just cheaper.Don’t get me wrong those travel teams and expensive “camps” are a thing there to but nothing like baseball and don’t get me started on soccer. It’s a cheap game to play but the amateur “system” they’ve built around it is ridiculously expensive. I was recruited to play travel baseball as teenager but my parents couldn’t afford it and that’s where my baseball dreams died.
View Quote

It's pretty sickening actually. Parents living through their children will throw so much money at getting tommy on the team, that actual real talent gets passed up because they can pay to play.

But i personally think personal sports are retarded. Millions of dollars to play a game, and idiots that will pay thousands of dollars to watch.
I played football in high school and hockey after that, so I'm not opposed to sports, i just think it's ridiculous how caught up people get in them.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 10:05:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Keeping track of such things seems racist?
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Keeping track of such things seems racist?
View Quote

Stop victim shaming.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The real question and issue is:  Why are we even looking at color and make up of a team?  That is the root of this fucked up clown world.

When I was working and had to put a team together for an engineering project of outage, I did not look at the person, I looked at the expertise and capabilities. I did not care if the engineer was purple, and had three eyes, I wanted the best person for the job.

As long as we look for color, we will always see color....and BTW there are only two genders

View Quote

You probably can't understand the pure WHITE privilege you are showing there you Monster.  You need reeducation.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 10:51:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Holy shit, wait until the NHL finals. They are going to have a hissy fit about the lack of diversity with that one.
View Quote

That is already happening.  The NHL just did a racial review and found it was far too white.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#31]
No surprise, quite honestly.

Baseball is declining in the US , especially in Black communities. Football and Basketball are King, with many Black children/teens playing in all levels. Soccer is also starting to make inroads.

If they are not playing the sport, it stands to reason there will be far less professional players.

ETA: I read up on how kids make pro in the US. No wonder most kids don’t play anymore, it’s expensive as hell!
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
"That is eye opening," said Bob Kendrick, president of the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum in Kansas City, Missouri. "It is somewhat startling that two cities that have high African American populations, there's not a single Black player."
View Quote

Maybe stop focusing on skin color ya racist fucks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:20:52 AM EDT
[#33]
cancel it.  all of it.  all the way down to little league.  then start over with diversification committees to build back better.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Do the schools in these cities not have baseball teams?  It's pretty much where kids get started in sports. But not all schools have baseball.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

And yet there are numerous dirt poor central and South Americans that somehow manage to get noticed and make it. If you are good enough to play professional baseball, you will get found, America or elsewhere.

The only reason for this is that the majority of the best black athletes in America play football or basketball.

ETA we do live in a world of specialization, which is why it’s harder and harder to be a Frank Thomas (some don’t know he played TE at Auburn), Bo Jackson, and Deion Sanders.
View Quote

Ya, if I were an athlete, baseball would be my sport. It is the most "guaranteed" of the contracts.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:01:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Are they going to die all the balls black, to make up for the lack of black players?
Or are they going to paint rainbows on them?
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:05:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

no U.S.-born Black players in this World Series. Quoted...

Big FN deal... But African Americans do lead NBA and shootings if that counts..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

As soon as they start blabbering about racial equity you know you are talking to marxists.  It's all horseshit.   They just replaced "class" with "race" and it's 1917 all over again.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
No one has racially divided this country with their own vile bigotry and hatred like Barry Soetoro has in his 3rd term occupying the oval office
View Quote
Don't know what America you live in, but in the one I live in, blacks and whites have never gotten along.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top