Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/14/2017 7:17:42 PM EDT

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates-no-need-for-full-border-wall-trump-1499975363-htmlstory.html

"You don't need 2,000 miles of wall because you have a lot of natural barriers," Trump said to reporters on Air Force One during his flight
to Paris.

"You have mountains. You have some rivers that are violent and vicious. You have some areas that are so far away that you
don't really have people crossing. So you don't need that."

"You'll need anywhere from 700 to 900 miles," he said.
View Quote
I'm sure that the pom-pom wavers and Kool-Aid drinkers will be along shortly.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#1]
He's right.

There's parts of the border where the desert will just kill you.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Bigly!
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:21:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Was he talking about the southern wall or the northern one?
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:21:24 PM EDT
[#4]
A land mine field would be better
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:26:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone that thought that there was going to be a 2,000 mile long wall in the first place is daft.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He's right.

There's parts of the border where the desert will just kill you.  
View Quote
Still needs to be a wall in that desert.

But where there are vertical hills and mountains are they only need to run the wall up to the base of the hills and put guard towers on the hilltops.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bigly!
View Quote
"Mexico will pay for the estimated 700-900 miles of wall that is actually required due to violent rivers and mountains other natural barriers."

It's going to be tremendous, it'sARanchrifle. 

I love how instead of 'the wall just got 5 feet taller', it's now 'the wall just got 1000-1200 miles shorter because reasons." 
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anyone that thought that there was going to be a 2,000 mile long wall in the first place is daft.
View Quote
Oh no, anything less than a 50ft high, 2000 mile long Great Wall of Trump is a complete betrayal.

Our concerned neighbor to the north has assured me of that.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#9]
He's been saying that for about a year and a half now:

And of the 2,000 [miles], we don’t need 2,000, we need 1,000 because we have natural barriers

— Donald Trump, interview with MSNBC, Feb. 9, 2016

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/donald-trump-says-his-wall-would-cost-8-billion
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:34:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

And of the 2,000 [miles], we don’t need 2,000, we need 1,000 because we have natural barriers

That's fair.

I'd hazard a guess that Trump hired some people to figure this shit out.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:35:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Trump has uttered those exact words before like a year ago.

Give me a fucking break.

I trust him on securing our border (or at least trying to) the best he can, just as I did then. 
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Was he talking about the southern wall or the northern one?
View Quote
Just the one around the sanatorium that TargetTarget's rubber room is in for Paranoid Personality Disorder.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep. TT just waited until now to be triggered over it
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:40:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Nevertrumpers are just as annoying as trumpapologists
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:40:39 PM EDT
[#15]
He will get done what needs to get done. The idiot never Trumpers need to get over the fact that:

We Are Winning!

Na...Na...na......na......na.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:40:52 PM EDT
[#16]
trolls gonna troll
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#17]
You know what happens if Trump builds 900 miles of wall on the border. He will have done more for border security then any other president, ever.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:43:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

"Mexico will pay for the estimated 700-900 miles of wall that is actually required due to violent rivers and mountains other natural barriers."

I love how instead of 'the wall just got 5 feet taller', it's now 'the wall just got 1000-1200 miles shorter because reasons." 
View Quote
It didn't "just get shorter."

It's been that way since he first proposed the idea of natural barriers well over a year ago.

Hey here is an idea - get a hobby. It's actually disturbing to me that you let the President live rent free in your head. It makes me wonder about your mental state. It couldn't possibly be healthy behavior, you compulsively post anytime you find an article criticizing him. Should your username be "targettarget" or "jameshodgkinson2"

i worry about you
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Seems to me you only need the wall near population centers for drug interdiction and to prevent people from just walking into the country. And when/if they build it, please build one they can't climb like a squirrel. The more impenetrable wall that's built, the more officers the BP has available for elsewhere. You can damn sure make it a lot harder to get into the country. Of course, we wouldn't have to build a single foot of wall if they'd cut off the bennies for non citizens.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#20]
He's said that throughout.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#21]
You've posted this exact same bullshit before, milkbagger.

Just as Trump said, there are areas that have a natural border.

I think you're willing to look like an idiot if there's any chance someone might see your thread titles and think less of Trump.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#22]

What TT's leader looks like.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:44:53 PM EDT
[#23]
... It's all about priority yardage
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:45:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Am I the only one who thinks that cutting the regulations and costs associated with hiring legal workers would be a better solution than building a wall?

Crowder did that video recently showing that illegal workers actually get paid pretty good wages. The demand for illegal labor comes from the reduced cost of hiring them, not from lower wages you can get away with paying them.

Make hiring legal citizens just as easy as hiring illegal labor, the market demand for illegal labor goes away, the incentive to illegally immigrate goes away. Seems a whole lot easier than building a wall.

Or am I misunderstanding how that works?
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:45:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:45:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:46:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bigly!

Believe me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:47:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Border wall is just pandering to dolts anyway, none of it is needed.

Just make it hard for them to be here. Number of new illegals coming over is already way down.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My wife does have a cheerleader's costume with pom-poms but it doesn't fit and I'm a rational and logical person.
View Quote
My So has a Snow White costume ,it fits great
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:48:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Arfcom needs a wall. 
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:48:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yep, he's said it all kinds of times.

But I'm sure the Canadian Clinton Koolaid drinkers will be along to tell us he's laterally Putin.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:49:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Guess who... our resident Snow Mexican.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Am I the only one who thinks that cutting the regulations and costs associated with hiring legal workers would be a better solution than building a wall?

Crowder did that video recently showing that illegal workers actually get paid pretty good wages. The demand for illegal labor comes from the reduced cost of hiring them, not from lower wages you can get away with paying them.

Make hiring legal citizens just as easy as hiring illegal labor, the market demand for illegal labor goes away, the incentive to illegally immigrate goes away. Seems a whole lot easier than building a wall.

View Quote
And then the Dems just stop enforcing those regs when they take power again, and we get another 5 million illegals crossing over again.

Self deportation is probably the best method, but can only work under certain leadership. Why not get both?
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:51:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
LOL, that is only half the problem. Drugs, terrorist, crime all come across the border. Grow up and face reality:

WE NEED A FREAKING DAMN WALL!
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:53:20 PM EDT
[#37]
He has a point.  We don't need a wall along the southern border of LA, MS, AL, and FL.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
One of the main reasons we need a wall, besides economic and crime, is because the offspring of Mexicans coming vote for communism by a rate of more than 2-1. Hell, the Snow Mexicans vote the same way, we should build a wall to keep them out too. They'll start flooding across once they run out of other people's money too.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:54:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
lol never heard that one before
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:55:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm confused as to what kind of insanity OP suffers. Post the same bull shit threads over and over, he expects some kind of different result than everyone calling him on his bull shit?
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:58:09 PM EDT
[#42]
MAGA
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:02:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
And he is still a 1000X better then your guy...
Gotta love how bad the butthurt bites..its a thing of beauty......To think every night that last thought before sleep comes...fucking Trump...
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:03:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
One of the main reasons we need a wall, besides economic and crime, is because the offspring of Mexicans coming vote for communism by a rate of more than 2-1. Hell, the Snow Mexicans vote the same way, we should build a wall to keep them out too. They'll start flooding across once they run out of other people's money too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amen.

Only a matter of time.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:04:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Pretty sure this is a DUPE.   Fairly certain the OP was the same guy that started this same thread around 5-8 months ago.

I like his avatar better now though.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:13:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Trump has uttered those exact words before like a year ago.

Give me a fucking break.

I trust him on securing our border (or at least trying to) the best he can, just as I did then. 
View Quote
Your trust is well placed. BP and ICE has opened a can of whoop-ass on illegals. Morale is through the roof. BP agents in my AO for K9 training can't wait to get back. Up till now they hated to go back.

For the past 16 years they have had their hands tied due to W's and the Halfrican's edicts to not enforce the law, by god it's being enforced now.

There are BP folks who thought they would retire before they could get out and do the job they were hired to do.

They are making it to where illegals fear riding the bus and train again due to BP being able to do transport hub checks (bus/train stations) that the Halfrican made them quit doing.

Things are looking up.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:16:14 PM EDT
[#48]
I never interpreted "build a wall" as making a contiguous barrier across every inch of the border.

It is a metaphor, for all the things we need to do to seal our borders.

Some people are gullible, and take it at face value.

Same with "grab 'em by the pussy".

Geez.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:16:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
A land mine field would be better
View Quote
And sentry guns.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates-no-need-for-full-border-wall-trump-1499975363-htmlstory.html

"You don't need 2,000 miles of wall because you have a lot of natural barriers," Trump said to reporters on Air Force One during his flight
to Paris.

"You have mountains. You have some rivers that are violent and vicious. You have some areas that are so far away that you
don't really have people crossing. So you don't need that."

"You'll need anywhere from 700 to 900 miles," he said.
View Quote
I'm sure that the pom-pom wavers and Kool-Aid drinkers will be along shortly.
View Quote

You're dedicated. I'll give you that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top