Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/6/2021 8:30:28 AM EDT
Do you ever pull up close to the doors at a grocery store etc to let your SO run in if you only need a couple of things, or do you always park in a designated parking zone and make her walk? The former behavior is pretty common here in TN. Curious what arfcom's take on it is.

In before the hell no, those people deserve to die a fiery death comments.

edited for second question: Shopping carts: do you always put them up or do you leave them where you unload them? Second behavior was very common in NJ when I worked there last year.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:33:20 AM EDT
[#1]
LoL, no. I’m not a fattie.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:34:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I drop people off at the store front

Then I go park

A plaque be upon those who sit at the front of the store in their car
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:35:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Drop my wife off at the door, drive away and find a good observation point. When she comes out, drive smd pick her up.

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:36:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I despise driving past the nearby Kohl's on the way to the grocery, 87% of the vehicles stop at the curb and disrupt the normal progression of traffic through a parking lot.

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:37:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Drop my wife off at the door, drive away and find a good observation point. When she comes out, drive smd pick her up.

View Quote

This, it’s not hard.  Half the year its icy and much appreciated
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:37:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:37:54 AM EDT
[#7]
i see assholes do that and bottleneck the road, their fat asses taking their time getting out and then the 5 kids jumping out back
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:41:35 AM EDT
[#8]
hell no, those people deserve to die a fiery death
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:42:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. Otherwise, you're just in the way.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:45:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Park and walk, just like the rest of us. You might get a pass if you’re both old as fuck, and husband is just dropping off his elderly wife.

But it’s ghetto trash doing it 99% of the time. Same people who walk slow as fuck when you stop your vehicle to let them cross in front of you.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:46:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I always park by a car return corral,  I'm sort sort of efficiency expert or something
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:48:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Around here it is racist to observe someone blocking a Fire Lane because they're a selfish piece of shit.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:48:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I always park by a car return corral,  I'm sort sort of efficiency expert or something
View Quote

Genius.

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:49:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Same people who walk slow as fuck when you stop your vehicle to let them cross in front of you.
View Quote

I support fiery death for slow walkers.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:52:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:57:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
I try to do this whenever possible.
I also like to park with my driver’s side to the corral. If I can’t find a corral, I’ll park next to an island, at the end of a row, wherever there’s no one next to me.
I figure, if I’m going to get a door ding, let it be on the passenger side, where I don’t have to look at it every time I get in or out of the car. Out of sight, out of mind.

Oh, and I almost always put the cart in the corral. I hate lots without them. I feel like a jerk just leaving the cart sitting there.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:57:01 AM EDT
[#17]
We drop each other off at the door, then go to the far end of the parking lot, and wait. When we get done checking out call on our cell so the other can drive to the door and pick the other up.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:58:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Drop her off at the door and park nearby.
Watch for her then drive up and load the car.

She may be fast but checkout usually isn't.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#19]
I always drop off and park. One of the best parts of working at the fd is getting a call at a grocery store. I tend to nose up to the illegally parked cars and lay on the air horn. The panic and confusion is breathtaking. We also don’t park apparatus in fire lanes when shopping. Back side of the parking lots only.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#20]
99.9% of the time I go in with her

And I always put the cart in the corral

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:02:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Drop her off at the front door, and go park on the far side of the lot.

Carts go in the cart corral.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:03:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Parking:  Drop them off, then park, then watch door to pick them up
Shopping cart:  Always return
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Then I go park
View Quote

this

sitting there blocking people's ability to drive past the store front and drop off/pick up is Tier One Ghetto/Trashy
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:04:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I also like to park with my driver’s side to the corral. If I can’t find a corral, I’ll park next to an island, at the end of a row, wherever there’s no one next to me.
I figure, if I’m going to get a door ding, let it be on the passenger side, where I don’t have to look at it every time I get in or out of the car. Out of sight, out of mind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never park near a cart corral.

I've seen too many mouthbreathers attempt a three pointer with their carts.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:04:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

good way to get your car dinged by the worthless motherfuckers who just leave their cart next to the corral and cannot walk the 5-10 feet to put their cart IN the corral.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#26]
I don't mind the "stop, person hops out, then driver proceeds."

What is irritating is "Stop, person hops out, person has 10 second convo of last second instructions and/or extended goodbyes, then driver proceeds."
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't mind people being dropped off at the door (and then go park).
The person getting out should be quick though. Half the time  they are still talking and taking their sweet time blocking traffic.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:14:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I never park near a cart corral.

I've seen too many mouthbreathers attempt a three pointer with their carts.
View Quote
I park IN the cart corral. Saves me lots of door dings. Of course, climbing out the window a la Dukes of Hazzard-style does get old at times.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:16:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Then I go park
View Quote

This!  Except for the spelling....
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:16:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

good way to get your car dinged by the worthless motherfuckers who just leave their cart next to the corral and cannot walk the 5-10 feet to put their cart IN the corral.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Been doing it for years, not a scratch. People don’t generally push the car all the way to the corral and then not put it in, IME.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:18:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Then I go park

Maybe he's a dentist and needs the business.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:19:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like plaque on their teeth, or is a plaque going to fall on them or what?
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:26:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Dump your circus train of elephants at the loading dock around back, neither you nor they are a fire truck.

Nothing infuriates me more than my mother in law pulling up to the fire lane, throwing it in park, jumping out, and running into the store "just for a few things" with my father in law, my wife and I sitting in the car. She takes the keys with her so FIL can't drive anymore, but we're all sitting there like tards for everyone to stare at, even though they have handicapped plates and could have parked 20' away.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:28:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Park and walk, just like the rest of us. You might get a pass if you’re both old as fuck, and husband is just dropping off his elderly wife.

But it’s ghetto trash doing it 99% of the time. Same people who walk slow as fuck when you stop your vehicle to let them cross in front of you.
View Quote

Same here.  And people who don't return the cart to the store or a coral need to be beat severely or banned from the store's property.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#35]
If you hate lazy fucks who don't return their carts, check out the "Cart Narcs" YouTube channel. It's a guy who has a radio show, who also goes around shaming lazy fucks who don't return their carts. It's hilarious.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Then I go park

View Quote

A good toothpaste can help with that "plaque".
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:37:29 AM EDT
[#37]
People who stop to drop people off in front of the store or park in front of the store are lazy inconsiderate assholes.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#38]
I usually try to take a cart from the lot into the store with me and then return it. But the other day I ended up with one that had the rubber tire coating falling off of it's plastic wheel. I didn't initially notice on the bumpy asphalt parking lot but it was a nightmare in the store, and I was already too committed to the cart at that point to change. When I got that piece of shit back to my car I left it where it was. No one should have to suffer pushing that god awful cart around.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:38:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Then I go park

View Quote

Exactly, make it difficult for people to pull up and load groceries or whatever, cause special snowflakes won't park.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:42:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quick drop off and then go park or circle around until pick up.   Hate people that block the main driveway or store entrance and/or take forever getting out/in.

Carts go in cart return, back at the storefront, or up on an island so they can't roll around if there is no cart return nearby.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:42:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I usually try to take a cart from the lot into the store with me and then return it. But the other day I ended up with one that had the rubber tire coating falling off of it's plastic wheel. I didn't initially notice on the bumpy asphalt parking lot but it was a nightmare in the store, and I was already too committed to the cart at that point to change. When I got that piece of shit back to my car I left it where it was. No one should have to suffer pushing that god awful cart around.
View Quote
I do the same. I notice drivers give you a wider berth. They may not have any issue hitting you, but they don't want to hit a cart. The cart may actually cause damage to their car.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:44:05 AM EDT
[#42]
unless someone is disabled dropping people off at the door is a total tier one dick move. impede traffic and be fat else where. theres a reason the signs say loading and unloading only, not weight challenged drop off point.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:57:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
hell no, those people deserve to die a fiery death
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#44]
I just park and walk in with them.  People make their lives unnecessarily complicated.

You're going to the store, not assaulting Bin Laden's compound.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:00:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

She's got her seatbelt off and purse in hand, ready to go, too. No fiddly-fucking around when I stop.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:05:27 AM EDT
[#47]
I drop the SO off in the parking lot by the loose carts, have her return them to the cart corral, then go to the front of the store amd wait for here there.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:06:57 AM EDT
[#48]
I am the 1.1%
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

She's got her seatbelt off and purse in hand, ready to go, too. No fiddly-fucking around when I stop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't even stop. I just boot my old lady out the door on my way by!
But in all honesty she would rather have me park and she walks in from there. She doesn't want people to think she's lazy.  
Edit: and the cart goes back to the front of the store with the rest of them. Only the flatlanders leave their cart in the parking lot.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:36:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Drop by the Walmart on the ghetto side of your town and check out their parking situation. People just pull up and park in the fire Lanes, sometimes even double parking. All of the handicapped spots are taken and all of the striped off areas around the handicap parking spots are filled with vehicles as well, sometimes haphazardly parked. It's like everyone in the hood is handicapped. I almost started a thread about it one day, but couldn't come up with a title that stayed inside of the COC.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top