BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 9:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was very libertarian towards the LGBTQAIBBQ+ community and even argued for gay marriage back in the day (or rather that the government has no place defining it to begin with), but now they want to convince my son to chop his dick off, put me in jail for saying he can’t, and insist that I not only tolerate but celebrate their lifestyle.

So yeah. I wanted to be reasonable, but damn if they just keep pushing me to be unreasonable. I genuinely feel sorry for the sane/good ones, like some of the fine folk we have here on this site. I can’t imagine a lot of the 90’s era gay/lesbian types like being lumped in with radical trans pan-sexual otherkin activists.
View Quote

Give an inch they take a mile.

Slippery slope is real, people have been denying it my whole life in spite of all evidence.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 9:11:22 PM EDT
[#2]
If they want to get guns they can get guns.

What's the hubub?
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 9:12:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Jesus. This thread just affirms my belief that the right/conservatives/mainstream gun owners are just loser whiners who want to lose.

I only saw maybe 1 or 2 people in the thread advocate for actually taking an influencer/managing role in something DEI related. Everyone else predictably did the whole "fuck that BS keep it away from me" act.

DEI and ESG are here to stay, and no amount of whining by middle age white men is going to make it go away. You can pray to God about it, you can rant about it on Facebook and Next Door, you can even run your humble little rural machine shop in bumfuck nowhere and have an anti-DEI, anti-ESG company motto, but none of those things leverages the fact that DEI is something that can be shaped to be less woke than most perceive it to be, but you have to actually step up and volunteer.

The reason why leftists are so good at controlling certain segments of society is they constantly try to run shit. School boards, HR diversity committees, voter outreach initiatives.. they always have a commanding presence because the right/conservatives are always like "Oh I'm too busy with my REAL job to spend any time on that crap". Well where has that mentality gotten western society today? Public teachers are grooming your kids to be trans, colleges are marxism breeding grounds, and even some churches have become progressive safe houses where they fly rainbow flags and refer to God as "she".

Maybe it's worth you being less productive at your job, if it means you get an influential role on your company's diversity hiring board. Which one matters more?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The left seeks ever smaller minorities to divide and exploit for political expedience. If they convince them you hate them and conservatives would kill them, they’ve won the hearts and minds game and they’ll choke down authoritarianism to control you while they barely notice it’s their rights too that are stripped away, until one day they realize society as a whole is diminished of civil liberties.
View Quote

Then they have already won with that attitude.

Diversity initiatives sow discord on purpose. Find out who your DEI position is in your company and do your best to get them fired on anything they do.

Hold them accountable for their Marxist education. Find out their associates, friends, etc and find any dirt to put on blast within the company.

They are a cancer.

Cut them out by any legal means.

Convince the board and CEO to make the job the least paid, most banal job on earth that nobody would want it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Ummmm....

Those pieces of shit are the reason I own firearms.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 9:17:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You might be surprised.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The reason why leftists are so good at controlling certain segments of society is they constantly try to run shit. School boards, HR diversity committees, voter outreach initiatives.. they always have a commanding presence because the right/conservatives are always like "Oh I'm too busy with my REAL job to spend any time on that crap". Well where has that mentality gotten western society today? Public teachers are grooming your kids to be trans, colleges are marxism breeding grounds, and even some churches have become progressive safe houses where they fly rainbow flags and refer to God as "she".

Maybe it's worth you being less productive at your job, if it means you get an influential role on your company's diversity hiring board. Which one matters more?

I can agree with this.  Fighting back means sacrifices.

And I would suggest that when reality sets in, cancellation begins.  1 seat among 7 on a board.  Not to mention in non elected positions you will be required indoctrination with those types of degrees to to even get a seat at the table?  

This will be a non starter from the beginning.  It already is.  But do what you feel compelled to do.  Your self determination is yours.  I will not comply or settle.  Its already happened in my life and they were shut down and defanged because people on my side stood up.  I don't really want to get any more detailed than that.  There is harsh bitterness from the side who pushed this and lost, it amounted to 3-4 people in mid level power.

You might be surprised.
I have immense respect for you.  And I might.  But it would be surprise.  Because what I have seen up close and personal plays out exactly the way I quoted.  

I believe the true blue dedicated DEI groups are inherently bad for America.  And then there are the soccer moms who dabble in virtue signaling for the cause, because they are simply stupid.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 9:18:11 PM EDT
[#7]
He's agitating. I wouldn't pay him no mind. He also likes to call people Neo-nazis without providing any evidence.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 9:22:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
He's agitating. I wouldn't pay him no mind. He also likes to call people Neo-nazis without providing any evidence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It is just such a ridiculous argument. It boils down to:

“We lose because we don’t join them.”
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't know. In these parts the "DEI crowd" (whatever that means) shows up. They're brothers and sisters in arms too, even if they carry a pink rifle.

https://i.postimg.cc/cJgkCR4m/71644345-10215862438209736-6474087020267307008-n.jpg

That said, I went to an Ohio rally a couple years ago and one of the senators tore off into an anti gay marriage rant. At a 2A rally. Why? How did that advance the cause of the 2A? Did we gain allies with that rant?
View Quote

You consider Marxists to be "brothers and sisters in arms"?

That's what they are. Their entire philosophy is founded in systematic, government-imposed inequality. That's a value you share?

No thanks.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Look, I get it.  I'm a (old enough) member of the community that I can relate to those who have a certain reaction to the DEI crowd. And those that intentionally cause problems with their devious behavior are a concern to me as well.  But all of the anger/hate/whatever you want to call it isn't going to change the fact that time marches on and if we want to keep our rights, we need to embrace their desire to be a part of our community.

We will need them, and their rights as human beings to self-defense are no different than ours.  Will there be a small set of subversive people who are there to cause problems?  Of course there will.  Some humans are scummy like that.  But unless we embrace the vast majority who just want to learn and be able to protect themselves and their loved ones, we will lose what I feel is the most important fight to protect our Democracy.

(insert Emperor Palpatine "let the hate flow through you" meme here)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp1q-kkNLac
View Quote

I'm just going to assume this is sarcasm and fine snark.

Nope, don't think the corporate modern version of the KKK should be a part of the 2a community.

Dumb regardless your age.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have immense respect for you.  And I might.  But it would be surprise.  Because what I have seen up close and personal plays out exactly the way I quoted.  

I believe the true blue dedicated DEI groups are inherently bad for America.  And then there are the soccer moms who dabble in virtue signaling for the cause, because they are simply stupid.
View Quote
Those factors are all legitimate concerns, but there's ways to adapt and work around them. I have an interview coming up for the podcast that's relevant to this point.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 9:38:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The hell is DEI?
View Quote

@Carolina_K

Here.

Have the decoder ring: https://newdiscourses.com/translations-from-the-wokish/

dei = "diversity, equity, inclusion" ... all three of which you can look up in the link above.

Except in this case, bureaucratically enforced by coroporate inquisitors who tell everyone they're always racist and conduct CCP/Maoist style struggle sessions, and get paid to.

Denunciation rallies,[1] also called struggle sessions, were violent public spectacles in Maoist China, where people accused of being "class enemies" of the Maoists were publicly humiliated, accused, beaten and tortured by people they were close to.[2][1] Usually conducted at the workplace, classrooms and auditoriums, "students were pitted against their teachers, friends and spouses were pressured to betray one another, [and] children were manipulated into exposing their parents".[1] Staging, scripts and agitators were prearranged by the Maoists to incite crowd support.[2] The aim was to instill a crusading spirit among the crowd to promote the Maoist thought reform. These rallies were most popular in the mass campaigns immediately before and after the establishment of the People's Republic of China and during the Cultural Revolution.[3][4]

The denunciation of prominent class enemies was often conducted in public squares, and marked by large crowds who surrounded the kneeling victim, raised fists, and outbursts of hatred and accusations.[2][5]

Because corps are scared of being targeted by the DEI crew and being called the word that means everything and nothing now.

If you prefer AV:

Link Posted: 9/17/2022 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#13]
The longer version, for people who like pain and knowledge:

Understanding Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion

DEI is a curse, a bad thing - inherently so.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 9:45:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Deviants trying to push for inclusion has led us to this fuckes up point of mentally ill tranny's trying to call the shots and form a narrative that straight men not wanting to date trans women is hateful/phobic.

The tumblr/social media world has given them their echo chamber to pat eachother on the back and convince eachother how normal they are.

The false sense of self esteem and the fragile ego that results from their online squaking has made it so they cannot cope with the reality of the real world.

Society was better off with the deviants being in the closet and having some sense of social norms if they wanted to participate in the world.   Otherwise stick to weiner tuck and do butterfly dances in front of the camera to Goodbye Horses.

To all that I say fuck off.  Sincerely.   The reason they get so emotional over it is because they know that nobody with half a brain is buying their 2+2=5 new speak.

Do they have a right to self defense?   Yes.   But jesus christ talk about candidates for being red flagged if you want to talk about 4473 questions about ever being instituionalized.  They deserve it and they should be outted from jobs like teaching.

That is before ever getting to the hypocritical bullshit of that word "invlusive."  Shpuld be another clue right there of who you are dealing with.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 9:55:51 PM EDT
[#15]
If you want to see what it is from a non-hostile source:
https://www.inclusionhub.com/articles/what-is-dei
Justice:

Is the mission of equity, in which an equitable system works so well it eventually eliminates the systemic problems driving the need for the latter. In other words, everything is fairly and evenly distributed to people no matter their race, gender, physical ability, or other personal circumstances.

Where D&I focuses on making all groups feel welcome, DEI also addresses the systemic ways access to things—such as education, food, the web, and more—are unequally distributed.

By equity, they don't mean equal chances.

They mean equal outcomes.

They are saying that justice - what is deserved - are equal outcomes.

Don't believe me?

Equity:

Is often used interchangeably with equality, but there’s a core difference: Where equality is a system in which each individual is offered the same opportunities regardless of circumstance, equity distributes resources based on needs. We live in a disproportionate society, and equity tries to correct its imbalance by creating more opportunities for people who have historically had less access.

Golly, that seems a mite familiar, I think I've heard a slogan saying something similar ... "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs."

Here's one of the ways this would be used in the 2a community:

"You have had unequal access to the ability to use weapons to defend yourselves, look at how police attack (insert race category) and look at how courts treat (insert whatever here) and economically you are unequally able to pursue training and access to self defense weapons, you have to help us rectify this by giving up what you have, and if you don't you're a racist bad evil person and nobody should like you."

Brother Turtle was sitting on the bank of the river when Brother Scorpion came to him.

Turtle backed away and Brother Scorpion said;  “Do not be afraid.  I won’t bite you.   I want to cross the river.  I want to ride on your back.”

Brother Turtle said;  “How can I let you on my back?   You will sting me and I will drown.”

Brother Scorpion said;  “If I sting you, we both shall drown.”

Brother Turtle considered the logic of the statement, and agreed.

Brother Scorpion climbed on the back of Brother Turtle and Brother Turtle went into the water.   He had reached the middle of the river when Brother Scorpion stung him.

“Why did you do that!”  cried Brother Turtle, “Now we both shall drown.”

“It is my nature,” said Brother Scorpion.”

DEI is a scorpion. It is designed and aimed at things that are destructive and evil. You can't partially accept it and not the sting in it's tail.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 9:56:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion folks are by definition collectivist. The Fight for the 2A Rights are for the preservation of rights of Individuals. So there is a difference and we should be very leery of those F'ers.
View Quote

This. They’d happily string you up with piano wire and then sleep like a baby.

My company paid a DEI consulting company that is literally called White Men as Full Diversity Partners to come speak at a conference I attended a few years ago. It was the most hateful, racist, divisive shit I’ve ever heard in person.

Fuck the DEI movement. It’s not about equality, it’s about dividing people and persecuting the “undesirables.”
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#17]
To clarify, I was using DEI as a general term to refer to those who are traditionally not part of the 2a community. I wasn’t pointing to a political group or ideology. I should have been more specific as to what I was saying.

I was referring to the subject of the video in which he spoke about some firearms trainers were actively marketing to those who weren’t traditionally involved in the 2a community at large. Ie, minorities, lgbtblahblagblah.

We’re all constantly being exposed to the extremes in these communities, but every minority or gay person I’ve ever known were just regular people who lived their lives in a very similar way as me and the other conservative white people lived theirs.

They went to work and came home to their families and enjoyed their hobbies on the weekends. Nothing more, nothing less. Just regular people.

That is who I was referring to in the op and the subject of the video, which almost nobody watched before lashing out about what they thought it was about.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
And I would suggest that when reality sets in, cancellation begins.  1 seat among 7 on a board.  Not to mention in non elected positions you will be required indoctrination with those types of degrees to to even get a seat at the table?  

This will be a non starter from the beginning.  It already is.  But do what you feel compelled to do.  Your self determination is yours.  I will not comply or settle.  Its already happened in my life and they were shut down and defanged because people on my side stood up.  I don't really want to get any more detailed than that.  There is harsh bitterness from the side who pushed this and lost, it amounted to 3-4 people in mid level power.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can agree with this.  Fighting back means sacrifices.

You and I are in agreement.  I'm helping people get elected to city commission, county commission, school boards and beyond that are dedicated to fighting this*.  Once could say I've devoted the last year of my life to this and it is bearing fruit.

*DEI atonement, co-parenting of schools, catering to the cultural equivalent of suicide bombers.  We're done.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:10:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
[blue]I like the idea of individual freedom, DEI wants folks in some case to embrace the specific lifestyle and choices they make.

Individual freedom of people to not accept them should be protected the same as their individual choice.

Do what you want, but don't demonize me because I disagree with you or your beliefs.[/url]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is NOT a business philosophy, it is a category of people. EVERYONE, I repeat EVERYONE is DE&I except straight white men.

The only way a straight white man can ever become DE&I is if straight white man starts sucking dick. NOT going to happen. I am NOT DE&I and I never will be.

[blue]I like the idea of individual freedom, DEI wants folks in some case to embrace the specific lifestyle and choices they make.

Individual freedom of people to not accept them should be protected the same as their individual choice.

Do what you want, but don't demonize me because I disagree with you or your beliefs.[/url]

@FreefallRet

New Hampshire passed a law a couple of years ago protecting trans people from discrimination.  

A couple of days later, there is a letter to the editor in the local paper written by the father of a trans person.  You would think they would congratulate the legislators for passing the law.  Nope.  The letter instead criticized the few legislators that did not vote for the law.  So instead of being happy about it passing, he bitches that not everyone thinks like he does!
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:13:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

We’re all constantly being exposed to the extremes in these communities, but every minority or gay person I’ve ever known were just regular people who lived their lives in a very similar way as me and the other conservative white people lived theirs.

View Quote

Regilar people is the key...

Preachy DEI nonsense is not regular/normal, as somebody else noted that crap is a scorpion.

Simple probability and statistics will wind up getting you once you open the door.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Equity is helping people succeed. It is spending extra time and resources with people.

That is great when you want to do it. I do it with Scouts, my children's friends, co-workers that I think are worth the effort.

It is charitable to help people, but like all charity it has to be done freely. I don't waste my time with slackers or, frankly, those that will never get it.

Diversity as a goal, diversity for diversity's sake is counterproductive to achieving any productive goal.

Undo equity is detrimental to achievement and a waste of resources.

While corporate DEI is bullshit, personally spending extra time to make a difference when you want to and when you feel it is productive is a blessing.

View Quote

Equity is Socialism and Marxism.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:15:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's what they are. Their entire philosophy is founded in systematic, government-imposed inequality. That's a value you share?

No thanks.
View Quote

Some of you are just so tiresome.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:16:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
To clarify, I was using DEI as a general term to refer to those who are traditionally not part of the 2a community. I wasn't pointing to a political group or ideology. I should have been more specific as to what I was saying.

I was referring to the subject of the video in which he spoke about some firearms trainers were actively marketing to those who weren't traditionally involved in the 2a community at large. Ie, minorities, lgbtblahblagblah.

We're all constantly being exposed to the extremes in these communities, but every minority or gay person I've ever known were just regular people who lived their lives in a very similar way as me and the other conservative white people lived theirs.

They went to work and came home to their families and enjoyed their hobbies on the weekends. Nothing more, nothing less. Just regular people.

That is who I was referring to in the op and the subject of the video, which almost nobody watched before lashing out about what they thought it was about.
View Quote

I figured that's what you're doing hence my post.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:17:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This.

I watched the video.

It doesn't mention "DEI", it just says "be welcoming".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure OP is confused about what DEI is and entails, based entirely on the way he's using it in his post.

This.

I watched the video.

It doesn't mention "DEI", it just says "be welcoming".

Yes, that is correct. I was using it as a generalization to describe those that are not typically members of the 2a community.

Went over like a lead weight
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:20:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Screen Name kind of takes on a different meaning now, OP.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Jesus. This thread just affirms my belief that the right/conservatives/mainstream gun owners are just loser whiners who want to lose.

I only saw maybe 1 or 2 people in the thread advocate for actually taking an influencer/managing role in something DEI related. Everyone else predictably did the whole "fuck that BS keep it away from me" act.

DEI and ESG are here to stay, and no amount of whining by middle age white men is going to make it go away. You can pray to God about it, you can rant about it on Facebook and Next Door, you can even run your humble little rural machine shop in bumfuck nowhere and have an anti-DEI, anti-ESG company motto, but none of those things leverages the fact that DEI is something that can be shaped to be less woke than most perceive it to be, but you have to actually step up and volunteer.

View Quote

The problem is that if you’re a white guy, you can’t say anything not in lock step with DEI initiatives without risking your job.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:28:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To clarify, I was using DEI as a general term to refer to those who are traditionally not part of the 2a community. I wasn't pointing to a political group or ideology. I should have been more specific as to what I was saying.

I was referring to the subject of the video in which he spoke about some firearms trainers were actively marketing to those who weren't traditionally involved in the 2a community at large. Ie, minorities, lgbtblahblagblah.

We're all constantly being exposed to the extremes in these communities, but every minority or gay person I've ever known were just regular people who lived their lives in a very similar way as me and the other conservative white people lived theirs.

I noticed that.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:31:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
To clarify, I was using DEI as a general term to refer to those who are traditionally not part of the 2a community.
View Quote

That's like saying "we need to reach out and kowtow to nazis" because you want to meet a nice blond haired blue eyed big-titted german beer babe.

That don't make no sense at all...
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:32:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
To clarify, I was using DEI as a general term to refer to those who are traditionally not part of the 2a community. I wasn’t pointing to a political group or ideology. I should have been more specific as to what I was saying.

I was referring to the subject of the video in which he spoke about some firearms trainers were actively marketing to those who weren’t traditionally involved in the 2a community at large. Ie, minorities, lgbtblahblagblah.

View Quote

I watched it. I thought his take was overly optimistic and ignorant of where we've come to as a society, partly because of the same deferential tolerance he expresses in the video. I hate that we're not in a country where you can pretty safely assume that your neighbor or co-worker or random new acquaintance is on the same page with the whole "america is pretty okay and we all live here so let's make it a better place for everyone" thing, but we're not anymore.

Take people shooting regardless of race or color or orientation or creed, sure. I have, and I'm still happy to. But know where they stand ideologically, and don't aid and abet people who wouldn't mind seeing you in a mass grave for the movement's sake someday.

And for Christ's sake, don't use DEI like that again. Acronyms mean things and it's real good to learn what they are before you throw them around.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:39:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

And for Christ's sake, don't use DEI like that again. Acronyms mean things and it's real good to learn what they are before you throw them around.
View Quote

DIE has been sweeping all aspects of the country for the past several years and the number of arfcommers in five pages that had an understanding of it you could count on your hands with fingers to spare
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I partly agree but DEI and ESG need to be opposed wholesale and banished from corporate thinkingnand vocabulary, never to return. If it comes to the point of developing whole parallel financial structures just to get out from under the banks and institutions demanding it, it needs to happen. There's no "working from the inside" on roles and policies whose very existence is a pestilence on any company that enacts them.

But yeah we need to get over the boomer-con mentality of work and money above all else. We need to make inroads into media and education again to re-establish some balance and sanity in the culture, and some folks are going to have to take un-sexy public sector middle management positions to safeguard them against leftist bluegair dominance.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:45:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I watched it. I thought his take was overly optimistic and ignorant of where we've come to as a society, partly because of the same deferential tolerance he expresses in the video. I hate that we're not in a country where you can pretty safely assume that your neighbor or co-worker or random new acquaintance is on the same page with the whole "america is pretty okay and we all live here so let's make it a better place for everyone" thing, but we're not anymore.

Take people shooting regardless of race or color or orientation or creed, sure. I have, and I'm still happy to. But know where they stand ideologically, and don't aid and abet people who wouldn't mind seeing you in a mass grave for the movement's sake someday.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trust me, I won’t
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:47:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Only thing I want from them is to die Ina fire. Fuck them and their moms.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:55:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

DIE has been sweeping all aspects of the country for the past several years and the number of arfcommers in five pages that had an understanding of it you could count on your hands with fingers to spare
View Quote

Yeah, there's a real problem with lack of awareness that contributed a lot to this all happening in the first place. The whole "just leave me alone" mindset is respectable and all but while we've all been busy putting our heads down and working and live-and-let-living the leftist masses have developed a pseudo-religion with us as its heretics and demons. I'm not exactly an infinite font of knowledge and understanding on the finer points of their insanity, but I think we should all at least make some effort to familiarize ourselves with the basic who, how, and why of this cultural plague they've let loose on us.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 11:43:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Equity is helping people succeed. It is spending extra time and resources with people.

That is great when you want to do it. I do it with Scouts, my children's friends, co-workers that I think are worth the effort.

It is charitable to help people, but like all charity it has to be done freely. I don't waste my time with slackers or, frankly, those that will never get it.

Diversity as a goal, diversity for diversity's sake is counterproductive to achieving any productive goal.

While corporate DEI is bullshit, personally spending extra time to make a difference when you want to and when you feel it is productive is a blessing.

View Quote

No, it’s not. equity is equal outcome regardless of circumstances.  So, you make debilitating decisions in your life or your actions don’t inspire merit you still get rewarded through equity.  That’s bullshit and destroys incentive to perform, socially or professionally and we’re seeing that lack of meritocracy’s effect on our labor and professional workforce right now.   Want the Tribant to make a comeback? Continue down the “equity” road, lol. Non-participation with an extended entitlement hand out for reward is what you get.

The left have become conditioned to believe that recognition and tolerance is liberty, it isn’t.  I don’t need to be recognized or tolerated as a white, heterosexual male to exercise freedom and it isn’t because it’s common place, it’s because my ego doesn’t require the reinforcement of my identity to generate my self esteem.  The left uses recognition and privileges as tools to remove rights in exchange for permissions. If you are a favored social sub group you get additional permissions, not rights.  Rights are inherent and indivisible, we possess rights that are not recognized by any government.

Want to marry your gay spouse? Do it, but if you are seeking the blessings and definitions of the state to force that perception on society, you’re asking the wrong people.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 11:46:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Equality of opportunity is helping people succeed.
Equity is forcing everybody to end up with the same result.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 11:50:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The hell is DEI?
View Quote
The OP needs to be banned.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 11:52:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That's the collectivist "community self defense" concept I'm referring to.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/214740/8D60A4FE-54AF-4AE7-8B12-8F7536DE01AD-2530000.jpg
View Quote

They use weasel words and in many cases straight up lie. You have to be willing to do your own investigation and not take groups at face value. How many people got suckered into buying mansions for BLM leaders because they didn't do their homework?
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 11:52:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

I will not welcome the arming of people who want me to die.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:08:54 AM EDT
[#40]
DEI means, in practical terms:

"Fuck you white man, we aren't hiring you."

"Fuck you conservative, you are fired because you aren't a leftist cunt."

"Fuck you religious nut, you aren't get a promotion, you don't think sodomy is wonderful."

Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:11:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Then they have already won with that attitude.

Diversity initiatives sow discord on purpose. Find out who your DEI position is in your company and do your best to get them fired on anything they do.

Hold them accountable for their Marxist education. Find out their associates, friends, etc and find any dirt to put on blast within the company.

They are a cancer.

Cut them out by any legal means.

Convince the board and CEO to make the job the least paid, most banal job on earth that nobody would want it.
View Quote

That only reinforces their opinion and doubles their efforts.  You can’t discriminate and not end up reinforcing their ideology.  You have to fundamentally change their ideology.  They need to see their discrimination and understand it’s effect on all civil liberties.  The reason free speech is under scrutiny and attack is because it contains reason they can’t tolerate to meet collectivist goals.  They shut it down as “intolerance” by their own intolerance. That’s in direct defiance of reason.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:13:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why in the world would you possibly believe we would be welcome on our company's "diversity" hiring board?

If we tell them what we actually believe, we would probably be fired.

That shit is destroying where I work, and my opinion is not welcome.  I will never serve on another hiring committee because I opened my mouth about their plans to discriminate against white men in hiring.

Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:15:00 AM EDT
[#43]
The enemy of my enemy...is still my enemy. these people are not on our side.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:23:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are both farces.  

Equality of opportunity can never exist because we all start from different starting lines - for example, how can an 80IQ person ever have equality with a 120IQ person.  

Equity can never happen because we will never all have the same result, because of human nature.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:27:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.  I was fortunate in my upbringing that my mom told us “the universe owes you nothing, you make your own way, you make your own opportunity and you alone are responsible for your future”.  My parents raised us in relative austerity and still did quite well.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:37:18 AM EDT
[#46]
If the DEI folks want to join us they're more than welcome. All they need do is vote appropriately. If they don't want to vote to support the 2nd then they aren't with us. It's up to them whether they want to make a mistake, not us.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:37:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know. In these parts the "DEI crowd" (whatever that means) shows up. They're brothers and sisters in arms too, even if they carry a pink rifle.

https://i.postimg.cc/cJgkCR4m/71644345-10215862438209736-6474087020267307008-n.jpg

That said, I went to an Ohio rally a couple years ago and one of the senators tore off into an anti gay marriage rant. At a 2A rally. Why? How did that advance the cause of the 2A? Did we gain allies with that rant?

No thanks.
^^^^
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 1:07:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If they want to get guns they can get guns.

What's the hubub?
View Quote

Seriously, I guess my invitation got lost in the mail.  WTF
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I was referring to the subject of the video in which he spoke.
View Quote

So you're falling into the leftist word game. "THEY vue inclusion as bad, they're fascists!" While I don't care what shitlib progs call me, normies watching the conversation certainly do.

Leave corporate woke speach to the HR crowd; don't use ostracizing shortcuts.

"Hey, this video suggests we be more welcoming of outsiders and non-traditional gun owners. What do you think?" would have sparked a more coherent conversation about the video instead of "LOL wut DEI?" and "Fuck DEI".
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:30:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In a forced, group context, yes. So is forced "charity".

Voluntarily helping individuals that you feel are worth your time is kindness.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top