User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hipster music, middle-aged saggy boobs, and shooting from a boat. Yep, that's a noveske propaganda video.
View Quote
You say those things like they’re bad.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 9:44:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Too soy for me anymore.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 9:46:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I do need a gunboat with steel targets on the shoreline
View Quote
Huh, I had the exact same takeaway.

Wonder if Jeremy Clarkson has seen this yet?
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I've always admired the brand but decided to be poor elsewhere. The one rifle I handle seemed solid and we'll built.

Until I realized it was a 556 and not a 762 gun.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:32:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It seems like they are targeting the hipster, antifa, Portland crowd. Which is fine, there is probably room for huge growth in that segment.

But how many of them can actually afford those prices?
View Quote
huh? because they aren't fat guys drinking bud lite they're antifa? some of you are beyond hope. I bet you have a nervous breakdown if you drive past a starbucks.

I was hoping to talk about the features listed and only posted the video because the email says "click here for video" and knew everyone would ask for it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:33:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do need a gunboat with steel targets on the shoreline

nah man, if you actually go outside and do fun things with real people you must be a soyboy
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 5:07:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice rifles, but not “north of $2500” rifles even with an ambi lower.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 5:52:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No John no interest, YMMV.

Almost 6 years to the day, RIP.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 6:00:04 AM EDT
[#9]
They make fantastic products, the problem is that they're priced completely retarded.

They've priced themselves alongside LMT.

And frankly, in the price range, nobody is making anything better than LMT's MRP/MLC series. KAC is competitive, but not better.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 6:55:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, I guess Gen 4 is supposed to be light, but so is the video.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:22:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The fuck did I just watch?!?!

Wow, Noveske has taken a turn...
View Quote
Bleach burnout was kinda cool.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:27:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I consider the Noveske and KAC brands the same in quality. While KAC is actually field proven and doesn’t need commercial marketing. The Noveske marketing is . It’s silly like Sigs Tread garbage videos.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:52:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I consider the Noveske and KAC brands the same in quality. While KAC is actually field proven and doesn’t need commercial marketing. The Noveske marketing is . It’s silly like Sigs Tread garbage videos.
View Quote
The thing is, while they be of the same quality standards, the KAC actually has extra engineering that actually improves upon the AR-15. Same with LMT.

Noveske just makes a really good AR-15. That's it. You can get lots of really good AR-15s. KAC, and LMT for example are actually doing things like longer cam pin tracks (LMT), radiused bolt lugs (KAC), relief cuts on bolt lugs (LMT), dual spring lobster tail extractors (both), better bolt materials (both), redesigned gas systems (both), one piece chassis and user serviceable barrels (LMT), and shit like that.

Noveske just... make a really good AR-15.

And they're really good, don't get me wrong, but they're just AR-15s. If I'm paying over $2,000 for an AR-15, I want real engineering that improves accuracy, durability, reliability, modularity, or user serviceability in some tangible way. Great materials, and quality control are a great start, but it's not $2,000 good. A Colt 6920 SOCOM is just as reliable and mechanically accurate as a Noveske N4, all things considered. And the N4 costs way more.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:59:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is that video some kind of parody or is it really just that bad?
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:59:41 AM EDT
[#16]
I think their marketing has gotten a bit much, each video is a little more so. I do still enjoy them in an odd way though, and can attest to their rifles shooting amazingly well. I have an afghan from when John was still on the earth, it's flat amazing!! But their prices need to come down, this isn't the AR market of years ago and most people are happy with a PSA carbine for $400.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:05:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Man you guys are really triggered by flannel.
View Quote
There used to be a time when full beards, tats and flannel mean't you were a man, or at least a rebel.

Now, it can just as easily mean you're a sheep, or take it in the ass or like it when your GF kisses you with a mouthful of your own jizz.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You want to see a Noveske video from when John was around, you are welcome;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmliCMvcaq0
View Quote
That's fine and dandy, but meaningless.

The true test is to pull that 300 round full-auto BS followed by immediate accurate slow-fire on a paper target at 50-100 meters. If it can still pull 1 MOA after that ammo dump, that's an accomplishment.

But for all we know the barrel is shot out and couldn't hold 10 MOA, let alone 1 MOA. But we'll never know because he didn't test it.

So, what did he prove? That the hand guard didn't catch fire or melt? BFD.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:20:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'll go be poor somewhere else

There's absolutely no reason for an AR to be that expensive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
hipster rifles that cost 3x too much
I'll go be poor somewhere else

There's absolutely no reason for an AR to be that expensive.
On the contrary. In the minds of SOME, price is directly related to quality. And we know this is generally true, to a point. But past a certain point, there is no longer a direct relationship between price and quality.

And have you ever known a govt. purchasing agency to go with the best deal? Do police and military buyers use sealed bids and go with the cheapest? I don't think police do, that's for sure.

And it could very well be outrageously expensive because large discounts are assumed to entice purchase in bulk. i.e. "The $8,000 retail price is not for you! No, for you, if you purchase more than 10 they're $3,999 each. Purchase 50 and they're $1,999 each."
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:22:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Probably equal in quality.

But when Noveske does douchebag advertising, they aren't insulting members on this board and attacking former industry partners instead of adapting to the market place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Better than a LaRue?
Probably equal in quality.

But when Noveske does douchebag advertising, they aren't insulting members on this board and attacking former industry partners instead of adapting to the market place.
What attack was this?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:24:37 AM EDT
[#21]
I can build an ultimate AR with a Larue UU kit, Radian Ambi billet lower, Noveske stainless barrel, nitrided JP BCG with 9310 improved bolt, etc., that will be super-reliable, super-durable, and super-accurate, all for $1800 (before sights/optics).

If' I'm spending north of $2K, I want a KAC with it's E3 bolt, CHF barrel, and improved gas system.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:26:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What attack was this?
View Quote
Pretty sure hes referring to LaRue
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:35:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They make fantastic products, the problem is that they're priced completely retarded.

They've priced themselves alongside LMT.

And frankly, in the price range, nobody is making anything better than LMT's MRP/MLC series. KAC is competitive, but not better.
View Quote
This guy gets it
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
For those around age 30 and up maybe but Gen Z is a whole different ball game. Army recruiting getting its shit pushed in while learning that the hard way
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me introduce you to marketing in the 21st century, friend.
For those around age 30 and up maybe but Gen Z is a whole different ball game. Army recruiting getting its shit pushed in while learning that the hard way
This from Wiki:
A 2016 U.S. study found that church attendance during young adulthood was 41% among Generation Z, compared to 18 percent for Millennials at the same ages, 21 percent of Generation X, and 26 percent of Baby Boomers.[57]

Generation Z is generally more risk-averse in certain activities than earlier generations. In 2013, 66% of teenagers (older members of Generation Z) had tried alcohol, down from 82% in 1991. Also in 2013, 8% of teenagers never or rarely wear a seat belt when riding in a car with someone else, as opposed to 26% in 1991.[58]

Research from the Annie E. Casey Foundation conducted in 2016 found Generation Z youth had lower teen pregnancy rates, less substance abuse, and higher on-time high school graduation rates compared with Millennials. The researchers compared teens from 2008 and 2014 and found a 40% drop in teen pregnancy, a 38% drop in drug and alcohol abuse, and a 28% drop in the percentage of teens who did not graduate on time from high school.[59][60]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Z#Characteristics

If the prime Boomer cohort produced the Millennials, the late Boomer cohort and Gen X produced Gen Z. That's true in my case. Depending on who you believe, I am a late Boomer or a Gen Xer. My daughter is Gen Z.

So, the 60's hippie, "me generation" produced the hated Millennials, but the hippie-hating, late Boomer 80's generation produced Gen Z.

Now it all makes sense.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:43:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Seriously, that was a pretty bad video.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Wow, lots of hipster douchebaggery in that video. I must be a fudd.

Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:34:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:36:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
huh? because they aren't fat guys drinking bud lite they're antifa? some of you are beyond hope. I bet you have a nervous breakdown if you drive past a starbucks.

I was hoping to talk about the features listed and only posted the video because the email says "click here for video" and knew everyone would ask for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It seems like they are targeting the hipster, antifa, Portland crowd. Which is fine, there is probably room for huge growth in that segment.

But how many of them can actually afford those prices?

I grew up in OR and all of my fam still lives there and I visit regularly. My comments on who their target demographic are were based on the commercial THEY put out. Even if you think antifa was a misnomer in my description, then it still looks like they are chasing the Portland hipster crowd. Hard to really tell since most of Portland is lost to libs at this point. Still, not a baseless accusation as you would insinuate.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:37:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
This.

Also like 10 years too late to the game for featureslike full  ambi
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:37:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I want the ambi lower (as long as it is similar to ADM prices) and I really like their barrels (I have an Afghan) but their rifles are the same price as KAC which is way too much for what they are I think.
View Quote
Lower will probably be closer to Kac like prices
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:38:10 AM EDT
[#31]
lol they misspelled available at the end
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:39:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I remember when the name Noveske evoked a sense of awe and wonder on this site.  My how times have changed.
View Quote
It's PSA country now.

The race to the bottom is complete.

Cheap garbage now rules the day.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:40:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What about Stoner?

KAC:  No Eugene Stoner, no interest.  YMMV.

DPMS:  No Randy Luth, no interest. YMMV.

Is that the criteria?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What about Stoner?

KAC:  No Eugene Stoner, no interest.  YMMV.

DPMS:  No Randy Luth, no interest. YMMV.

Is that the criteria?
Would be more like no Knight no interest.

But luckily no problem there
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:43:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
KAC has actual upgrades and innovation,  aren't noveske rifles just a boutique gun essentially?

Edit: If noveske had Daniel defense like prices they would probably sell a gazillion times better
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#35]
I love my Noveskes but it looks like they've seen too many SilencerCo vids.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
KAC has actual upgrades and innovation,  aren't noveske rifles just a boutique gun essentially?

Edit: If noveske had Daniel defense like prices they would probably sell a gazillion times better
View Quote
Noveske was a boutique gun maker that had a reputation for outstanding barrels.  I read an article before John Noveske's death that said he personally QCed every barrel they made, every single barrel, before it left the shop.  That and the 5R polygonal rifling were why the stainless barrels cost $151 over a LaRue Stealth (which is a very accurate barrel).

18" LaRue Stealth with M4 feed ramps and gas block: $314
18" Noveske ss SPR with M4 feed ramps and gas block: $465
ETA: since the Noveske comes with M4 feed ramps and its own unique gas block, I compared the Stealth with same features to keep apples to apples.

I have an 18" SPR complete upper from before John's death, it is a laser beam.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
that was the douchiest gun video i've seen in a while
View Quote
I wonder what John would think

Hopefully the crew is at least having fun I guess
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:35:55 AM EDT
[#38]
entertaining video but (a) it's full of young doofy Millennial guys who think "I grew a beard" = "I am masculine," and (b) it told NOTHING about the actual qualities of Gen 4 that would make anyone consider buying it.

I guess they want to identify with hipster Millennials.  Hope it works out for them.  Will be interesting to see how many $2600 rifles they sell to the generation of "I'm so broke, my student loan payments are so big that I cannot afford to buy a house or a car, so I live with my parents and Uber everywhere."

ETA: I know nothing more about the Gen 4 rifles than I did before I watched the video, except that people use them then throw them away...
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 3:23:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

ETA: I know nothing more about the Gen 4 rifles than I did before I watched the video, except that people use them then throw them away...
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 5:25:44 PM EDT
[#40]
I will laugh everytime i see or hear noveske from now on.

They’ve just become  laughingstock.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top