Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 277
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone had luck resetting their F1TV password?

I am able to get the temp password and get to the streams.  But cannot get the Manage Account tab to come up, to then put in my permanent password.  Not in Chrome and not in Safari.
View Quote

Make sure you turn off adblock software.  It screws with F1's website
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

To LuLu's credit, he was humble about it in his post race interview and recognized they lucked out.
View Quote

I agree with this.  I don't like Lulu but he was humble.   The Commentators still can't get off his dick though.

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Pretty sure they just did what RB did a lap later.
View Quote

actually they didnt after last Max Pit stop, and the safety car could have fuck them big time. Its only luck that saved them.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Race Highlights | 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix

look at 3.20 the speed delta in between Lec and Ves.. maybe thats why they Pu didnt resist...
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I agree with this.  I don't like Lulu but he was humble.   The Commentators still can't get off his dick though.

View Quote

GR was even more realistic during the after show. Said they won't have it together by next weekend. Could be many races.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIYPuzWCCSw

look at 3.20 the speed delta in between Lec and Ves.. maybe thats why they Pu didnt resist...
View Quote

It wasn’t the power unit that failed though. It was the fuel pump which is a spec part supplied by Marelli. Or am I missing something?

Pretty shitty 3 out of 4 Red Bull powered cars died.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

actually they didnt after last Max Pit stop, and the safety car could have fuck them big time. Its only luck that saved them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure they just did what RB did a lap later.

That was my first thought too when Leclerc didn’t pit on the next lap after Max stopped for softs.  It might have been iffy at the very end with Leclerc on old mediums against Max on younger softs.  I think it was fortunate that they went VSC before the full safety car as that froze Max’s delta to Leclerc and let him get in a final pit for softs.

All in all, it would have been pretty shitty if Leclerc’s race would have been undone because of a poor Ferrari pit strategy.  He ran a solid race, kept it together during the wheel to wheel with Max, and handled the restart, even when Max tried to rush him before the last corner.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#8]
That little post race interaction during interviews between Leclerc and Max was awesome.  Max congrats Charles, brief talk about what went wrong with Max's car....nothing but respect and fun between the two of them from some good hard racing.

God knows if one of them had been Lewis...it would have been "Thats some dangerous driving".
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 6:06:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File
Ready for the podium
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

For me it's more how he treats people during the race. The from him berating Bono about the strategy or the whining when he gets caught out is annoying. His personal views and SJW attitude about things don't help.
View Quote

But you overlooked Max whining about out lap pace, the steering, their strategy,  etc this race?   Hell even last year they were both (Hams and Max) whining about each other not being Penalized for shit almost tit for tat each race.    They were mirrors.

Ones a Eurofag and the other is a black Eurofag.  

Did you miss the race when Max tried to fight Ocon because he was entitled to 1st place - but Ocon was unlapping himself and they both spun?    It's racing - people say shit all the time and everyone fucks up.  

Don't even get me started on Vettel!

Pro tip:  they all whine.    ??
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

But you overlooked Max whining about out lap pace, the steering, their strategy,  etc this race?   Hell even last year they were both (Hams and Max) whining about each other not being Penalized for shit almost tit for tat each race.    They were mirrors.

Pro tip:  they all whine.    
View Quote
Fact.

My problem earlier is that despite being in GD, the F1 thread tends to be free of personal attacks and other GD BS. Despite shitting on Ham earlier in the thread, when I gave him credit for something, someone couldn't handle it. Fortunately there's tools available to avoid those distractions in the future so that I can enjoy the good order of the thread and discussions about racing, even sometimes giving credit where credit is due when it comes to a competitor I don't particularly care for.

I apologize for responding to it at all.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Why Mercedes Is So Slow! | Ferrari Vs Mercedes Bahrain 2022 Qualifying Comparison
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#13]
*edit* Not worth the waste of time.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 6:37:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyways...what amazed me most about the 3 or so laps of awesome battle between Max and Leclerc.....never once did they touch or bitch.  Imagine if you will that was Sir Lulu.......you can only imagine the bitching from him on that.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:18:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Magnussen radio post-race

Leclerc jokes over radio on last lap

Hamilton asks Leclerc if he wants to be lifted on podium

Verstappen and Leclerc short chat after race

Charles Leclerc And Max Verstappen’s Epic Battle | 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Did you miss the race when Max tried to fight Ocon because he was entitled to 1st place - but Ocon was unlapping himself and they both spun?    It's racing - people say shit all the time and everyone fucks up.  

Don't even get me started on Vettel!

Pro tip:  they all whine.    ??
View Quote

If you hate them all so much then why do you watch and why bother to come I here?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#17]
LMFAO@Leclerc
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:25:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
LMFAO@Leclerc
View Quote

???
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

???
View Quote

The radio posted up in plumbers post above.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:35:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

???

I couldn’t understand what he said.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:36:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIYPuzWCCSw

View Quote

Nice, thanks for posting the recap...
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I couldn't understand what he said.
View Quote

Said he had something wrong with engine, engineer said "copy," then he said "joking."
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

???

Ah, I didn't see that.

Probably gave Matia a heart attack.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:56:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Magnussen radio post-race

https://i.imgur.com/fQuVFi7.jpg

Leclerc jokes over radio on last lap

Hamilton asks Leclerc if he wants to be lifted on podium

Verstappen and Leclerc short chat after race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRBdcpDDc1g

View Quote

Max and Leclerc's chat was good.  Much friendlier than Max and Lewis
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:05:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If you hate them all so much then why do you watch and why bother to come I here?
View Quote

Who said i hate them?    I actually enjoy formula 1, and I like both drivers, albeit for different reasons.

Many people posting in this thread with their blind hate (or blind driver worship), make discussion almost pointless.

Admittedly, I get the bulk of my F1 talk on different forums, since GD is pretty one-dimensional and full of grumpy old men saying the same thing, over and over and over again.    Each thread on any given topic seems to be the same:

1.  State an opinion.
2.  Argue against anyone who disagrees, quickly escalating argument to name calling.
3.  Obfuscate or dismiss their opinion and attack them personally - without ever actually thinking about alternative perspectives.
4.  Make shallow memes or stereotypes of alternative opinion, mocking their intelligence, etc.
5.   Have others who agree with 1st opinion pile on, until only those in agreement are left.
6.   Celebrate your intellectual superiority and further repeat original opinion.

Like others, I find myself avoiding this thread more than looking forward to joining in.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:14:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Who said i hate them?    I actually enjoy formula 1, and I like both drivers, albeit for different reasons.

Many people posting in this thread with their blind hate (or blind driver worship), make discussion almost pointless.

Admittedly, I get the bulk of my F1 talk on different forums, since GD is pretty one-dimensional and full of grumpy old men saying the same thing, over and over and over again.    Each thread on any given topic seems to be the same:

1.  State an opinion.
2.  Argue against anyone who disagrees, quickly escalating argument to name calling.
3.  Obfuscate or dismiss their opinion and attack them personally - without ever actually thinking about alternative perspectives.
4.  Make shallow memes or stereotypes of alternative opinion, mocking their intelligence, etc.
5.   Have others who agree with 1st opinion pile on, until only those in agreement are left.
6.   Celebrate your intellectual superiority and further repeat original opinion.

Like others, I find myself avoiding this thread more than looking forward to joining in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1.  State an opinion.

Oh well.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:44:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Oh well.
View Quote

He sounds like a DU plant honestly.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:46:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:00:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By birddogz:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By birddogz:
Quoted:
Anyone had luck resetting their F1TV password?

I am able to get the temp password and get to the streams.  But cannot get the Manage Account tab to come up, to then put in my permanent password.  Not in Chrome and not in Safari.

Ahhhh.  

I do have an adblocker.

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:29:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

1.  State an opinion.

View Quote

The internet be serious, yo
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:30:38 PM EDT
[#33]
If Magnussen keeps this up I'll have to start calling him Mini Viking.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Same. Much better than espn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am really enjoying the F1 tv App and there commentary team they seem a lot more neutral not fan boys of one team.

Same. Much better than espn.

It is worth it to just not have to listen to Crofty.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:41:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Anyone see this? Let them in free.
https://streamable.com/zi14il
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:46:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why don't he spend some of his 40 million/year salary and pay for them all to get in?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

He kind of has a point. The race is completely subsidized by the government and the stands were pretty empty during the driver’s parade.

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 12:11:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Just got done watching... what a disaster for RB. Hell yeah Ferrari. Lewis is a lucky undeserving cocksucker.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
KMag P5!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 9:19:25 AM EDT
[#40]
I am still trying to wrap my mind around why the FIA wants to stop using tire blankets? Seems like someone is gonna end up getting hurt from cold tires.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 9:23:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I am still trying to wrap my mind around why the FIA wants to stop using tire blankets? Seems like someone is gonna end up getting hurt from cold tires.
View Quote

I said the same thing a few pages back. Why would they do something that could compromise safety?
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 9:23:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ya it makes no sense.  On those cars it will take 1-2 laps to really warm up and they'll be giving up tons of track position.  They'd need like.....45 second or more gaps to even start thinking about being safe.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 9:39:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I said the same thing a few pages back. Why would they do something that could compromise safety?
View Quote

Because it would make the racing more interesting and it would be easier for the poorer teams.

Racing Formula 1 is by definition unsafe. Making them drive less aggressively for the first lap after getting new tires won't change that significantly.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 9:41:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The teams use the tire blankets to heat the tires hotter than they'll run during the race. So when the tires are actually cooler, the tire pressures are lower which allows for more grip. Which is good, until the teams use that to go below Pirelli's recommended minimum tire pressure. Which compromises the structure of the tire.

That's what caused Max's tire to fail at Baku last year.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Ya it makes no sense.  On those cars it will take 1-2 laps to really warm up and they'll be giving up tons of track position.  They'd need like.....45 second or more gaps to even start thinking about being safe.
View Quote

Changing tires at all is unsafe - but yet they do it. We already know that Pirelli could make tires that would last the entire race if told too. That has proven to not be what the fans want.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Changing tires at all is unsafe - but yet they do it. We already know that Pirelli could make tires that would last the entire race if told too. That has proven to not be what the fans want.
View Quote

See...I'm still very doubtful they could make a tire that would last....Pirelli's fucking suck in every other area of racing.  Their sidewalls are trash, ya sure they might have better heat cycles compared to others.....but their sidewalls are garbage.

And the "gives lower teams chances or whatever" is so bloody flawed.  Ok so they *might* pull ahead for 2 laps....and then get passed.  Not being able to drive aggressively right out the gate will hurt the sport more than anything.

So me any race series where they don't full send right out the gate to maintain track position or battle.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 10:23:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

See...I'm still very doubtful they could make a tire that would last....Pirelli's fucking suck in every other area of racing.  Their sidewalls are trash, ya sure they might have better heat cycles compared to others.....but their sidewalls are garbage.

And the "gives lower teams chances or whatever" is so bloody flawed.  Ok so they *might* pull ahead for 2 laps....and then get passed.  Not being able to drive aggressively right out the gate will hurt the sport more than anything.

So me any race series where they don't full send right out the gate to maintain track position or battle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's been done in the past, they could make it if they wanted to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_One_tyres
In 2005, tyre changes were disallowed in Formula One, therefore the compounds were harder as the tyres had to last the full race distance of around 300 km (200 miles).
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 10:56:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 10:57:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In 2005, tyre changes were disallowed in Formula One, therefore the compounds were harder as the tyres had to last the full race distance of around 300 km (200 miles).

Except in Indy
Page / 277
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top