Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 277
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 6:32:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Monaco is going to be embarrassing in these new cars.
View Quote
Monaco has been lame for a couple of decades. It only stays on the calendar because of 1) money, and 2) history.

It's a terrible race, and barring something crazy, is over by the last lap of Q3. Sunday might as well just be a parade. Just add bunting and a mayor with a comb-over riding around in a '68 Buick convertible.

m
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Monaco has been lame for a couple of decades. It only stays on the calendar because of 1) money, and 2) history.

It's a terrible race, and barring something crazy, is over by the last lap of Q3. Sunday might as well just be a parade. Just add bunting and a mayor with a comb-over riding around in a '68 Buick convertible.

m
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Monaco is going to be embarrassing in these new cars.

m

Agreed. Been saying the same thing for years.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

that looks terrible as a track
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would Las Vegas be another lame parking lot race?
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bf/8d/26/bf8d2601b86be3a382b2f5139b789485.jpg

That was the Caesar GP track in 1981.

I thought the proposed Vegas GP would be a street course.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

m
View Quote
They really should run it in 1960's F1 cars but still have the points count towards the WDC.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They really should run it in 1960's F1 cars but still have the points count towards the WDC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

m

Yeah, I’ve thought an exhibition race with modern drivers in 60’s cars would be terrific to watch. Will never happen obviously, but great to think about.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 7:10:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They should do a street course in NOLA or at NOLA Motor Sports park for F1 and call is the Lootie Gran Prix
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They should do a street course in NOLA or at NOLA Motor Sports park for F1 and call is the Lootie Gran Prix
View Quote

Lootie would be a perfect gang marshal to do the "start yo engines" command.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 8:21:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

And using Almonaster as the start/finish straight.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:39:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That would be about the only way I will get to see F1 in person.  The wife loves it too, but she doesn't fly. I'm not going to get enough time off to drive across the country and back any time soon (Austin is a maybe possibility, but a hard time of the year for me to get away).

Bring one to Vegas!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Race coming to Vegas?

"This year features two races in America, with the first Miami Grand Prix taking place on May 8, while Las Vegas looks likely to make it three U.S. races. A Vegas race will likely be confirmed in the weeks leading up to Miami's debut race."
That would be about the only way I will get to see F1 in person.  The wife loves it too, but she doesn't fly. I'm not going to get enough time off to drive across the country and back any time soon (Austin is a maybe possibility, but a hard time of the year for me to get away).

Bring one to Vegas!

I would like to see the location vary.  Hit the Glen one year, something out west another.  Road America and Atlanta in other years and so on.  Finding the money to upgrade the stands and pit facilities would be a problem.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:45:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd watch it!

Lootie would wave the checkered flag better than Serena at Monaco.

Serena Williams waving the chequered flag at Monaco
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:00:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I would like to see the location vary.  Hit the Glen one year, something out west another.  Road America and Atlanta in other years and so on.  Finding the money to upgrade the stands and pit facilities would be a problem.
View Quote
I would love to see the Glen! And it could technically be upgraded to Grade 1 (with a substantial investment of course).
Problem for The Glen, is it's in the middle of nowhere. There's no major airport nearby, no hotel facilities to speak of, just a few restaurants,
the town just completely lacks the infrastructure to host an international event that big.

I go every year for IMSA, which is a completely different animal to F1. The local amenities would never handle such a massive
crowd descending upon it from all corners of the globe. Shame, since it's such a classic F1 track from the 70's.
Even the buildings on Main Street still have giant murals painted on them from those F1 races back then.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:09:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:21:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:27:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I would love to see the Glen! And it could technically be upgraded to Grade 1 (with a substantial investment of course).
Problem for The Glen, is it's in the middle of nowhere. There's no major airport nearby, no hotel facilities to speak of, just a few restaurants,
the town just completely lacks the infrastructure to host an international event that big.

I go every year for IMSA, which is a completely different animal to F1. The local amenities would never handle such a massive
crowd descending upon it from all corners of the globe. Shame, since it's such a classic F1 track from the 70's.
Even the buildings on Main Street still have giant murals painted on them from those F1 races back then.
View Quote
Laguna Seca would be another fun one, but the traffic would be horrible and have the same lodgingissues, HW68 would be a parking lot for days before and after.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:38:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Laguna Seca would be another fun one, but the traffic would be horrible and have the same lodgingissues, HW68 would be a parking lot for days before and after.
View Quote

They'd have to loosen track limits for Laguna Seca

1996 - Leguna Seca - Alex Zanardi's pass on Bryan Herta
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:39:46 AM EDT
[#17]
I've questioned about Road America before so that's out there. But as to lodging and hotels for the event if the PGA could gold a major event nearishby then I would think that F1 could be doable if the necessary upgrades were made to the track.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:07:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:11:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

It would have to be.  LOL they aren't going to build a Perm Grade 1 Track in Vegas, jesus that would suck to drive in depending on the time of year....even at night.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:09:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:14:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Problem with Road ATL is...its owned by Nascar if I remember correctly and they are f'ing dicks.

I'd love to see F1 cars going into 10A, 10B.....then flying through 12(possibly into the wall) and running up into Turn 1.  I'm biased though, Road ATL is my home track.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

As much as I'd like to see it at RA, the track is not a good fit with current racing setup.  Too many hard barriers, not enough run off and no ability to support their need for stands (variable seat cost).  RA is set up for casual viewing via a lot of grassy areas.  Adding stands would ruin the venue for the other events.
View Quote

Oh for sure.  Massive upgrades needed.

LOL and I do cringe the wrecks would be epic at 12 with how it is today.  I was out there last Friday and ooooof dude wrecked, likely totaled his 982 GT4 due to putting 2 off at 12.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:01:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Problem with Road ATL is...its owned by Nascar if I remember correctly and they are f'ing dicks.

I'd love to see F1 cars going into 10A, 10B.....then flying through 12(possibly into the wall) and running up into Turn 1.  I'm biased though, Road ATL is my home track.
View Quote
Went for the first time last fall for Petite Le Mans. Great track. A Lot more elevation change than I was expecting.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#27]
The 3 BIG changes to the 2022 Saudi Arabian GP
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Went for the first time last fall for Petite Le Mans. Great track. A Lot more elevation change than I was expecting.
View Quote

Ya for sure.  You need "big balls" to go flat out at 1,12, and the Esses.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't have the balls to run flat out at 12 until I hit the apex.

ETA - at least, not in 500+ hp cars. I could see doing it in a spec Miata or E36.
View Quote

With my tire setup I'm still running on average 10 mph below max in my Clubsport through 12....visions of that wall always cloud my view.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Oh for sure.  Massive upgrades needed.

LOL and I do cringe the wrecks would be epic at 12 with how it is today.  I was out there last Friday and ooooof dude wrecked, likely totaled his 982 GT4 due to putting 2 off at 12.
View Quote

Didn't Panoz dump a ton of money on upgrades hoping for an F1 race, then realized he was bidding against Tony George.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Anyone else get a weird marketing email from Red Bull out of the blue?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/174335/68C07A1C-F0AE-4671-80B3-5CD7F67D35C2-2324395.jpg
View Quote

You sign up for Fantasy F1? I think that's how.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Didn't Panoz dump a ton of money on upgrades hoping for an F1 race, then realized he was bidding against Tony George.
View Quote

I want to say yes.

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 2:45:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 2:46:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 3:26:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

What kind of tires & times are you running?  Best I could do in Feb was 1:32, but I thought that was decent having not been in a 911 or on RA in 10 years.  Pretty sure I left at least 5 seconds between 1, 2-3, 5, 12 and coasting through 9 due to the reverb over 140.  That was on Dunlop Race Maxx.
View Quote

I'm running Cooper Treaded(WRL Setup), I'm running 1:37:2...not great...about another 2 seconds to find(and I know where it is).
Wish I could run Cups but they don't make them in Clubsport sizes anymore, and that would buy an easy 2 seconds.

When I run slicks its about 1:32:xx.  All of this in a 981 Clubsport, again I'm leaving time in 1/12/Esses

I've....never run a 911 at Road Atlanta, I need to change that one of these days.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
SAUDI ARABIAN GRAND PRIX SCHEDULE

FRIDAY 03/25
FP1 10AM - ESPN2
FP2 1PM - ESPN2

SATURDAY 03/26
FP3 10AM - ESPN2
QUALI 1PM - ESPN2

SUNDAY 03/27
RACE 1PM - ESPN

View Quote

I would like to thank you for posting this. I look for it weekly.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Nice!  If you film any laps and post them on YT you should link them here.

I won't run another 911 there without the adding window fix: https://www.awe-tuning.com/awe-tuning-porsche-foiler-wind-diffuser
View Quote

I'll be out there again in a few weeks, if I get any good clean laps I will.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 6:09:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Then all us armchair quarterbacks can tell you where you made mistakes.
View Quote

LOL, trust me I'm my own worst critic.  A data system is the best investment one can make in a race car.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 6:23:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Apparently El Plan is just shredding other cars tires James Bond style.

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 6:25:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#43]
New RB nose.

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:05:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

As much as I'd like to see it at RA, the track is not a good fit with current racing setup.  Too many hard barriers, not enough run off and no ability to support their need for stands (variable seat cost).  RA is set up for casual viewing via a lot of grassy areas.  Adding stands would ruin the venue for the other events.
View Quote

Getting ready to say the same thing.  Can you imagine the speeds going into a wall?

VIR would have f1 Cars in the trees with the run off being how it is on what would now be hugely faster speeds into turns.    

Maybe f1 drivers vs moms all in Honda (sponsorship reasons) minivans at road Atlanta.   I’d watch that
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Getting ready to say the same thing.  Can you imagine the speeds going into a wall?

VIR would have f1 Cars in the trees with the run off being how it is on what would now be hugely faster speeds into turns.    

Maybe f1 drivers vs moms all in Honda (sponsorship reasons) minivans at road Atlanta.   I’d watch that
View Quote

Yup.  But you gotta admit its sad that tracks like RA/VIR/WG are a dying breed.

For normal DE's a lot of the Insurance Companies won't even insure you for single days any more at VIR...you gotta buy a unlimited 1 year coverage now.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 8:15:57 PM EDT
[#47]

They couldn’t handle not having some sort of nostril, could they
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Was wondering why VTR wasn't being considered.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 6:43:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Ole seb has gone so woke I’d be surprised if he sleeps at night. See his instagram story reel for the whole thing. It’s full of kids chanting and propaganda posters.
Attachment Attached File

Page / 277
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top