BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 119
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stupidity on my part shouldn’t be met with equal stupidity on yours.
View Quote
I leave my belt in for females
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#2]
After a long ground hold due to ice, we finally KTLF for Amsterdam. I'm in row 8, the plane has empty seats, so I sneak up to row six or so. When we hit the ground, I don't quite pole vault over everyone, but I'm like second or third off the plane. It was me and this Delta Diamond Lifetime member in a footrace to the other side of the airport (if you know Schiphol, you know what I mean).

I got to the passport check, did the scan since the US is using biometric passports and I can use the EU lanes now. The Dutch guy doesn't even look up as he stamps my passport.

Foot race again for gate E1. Did the exit interview, got the sticker on my passport, ran as fast as I could to gate E-whatever where the plane was boarding.

Sky Priority class was boarding, so I ran onto the plane and took my seat.

Due to weather a lot of people didn't make the connections.

Doors closed. Everyone spreads out. I'm alone in my seat! nice.

Gate hold for deicing.

We basically circle the airport to get to the deicing pad (which is pretty cool, way better setup than Basel or Seattle), then complete the circle and start another to get to the end of the active runway. We take off (they say) 44 minutes late, more like an hour thirty late since they didn't count the gate hold time.

We landed 10-ish minutes early? pretty nice.

It was a stressful day. I lived. We all lived.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I know some characters.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Max out manufacturing and distribution every time before you walk away and you’ll be making real money in no time.
Yea I left it over the weekend.

It's lame.

Find us a new game to play
I dunno. I’m doing my best to help those inciting civil war in GD.
The Milo thread?

I don't really think people understand how terrible that would be. I don't think people on either side understand exactly how terrible that would be for everyone involved.

If only there was a way to discern the possible future in a world like that, maybe people could figure out what to do to prevent that. If only we could discern how a possible civil war could ever end?
The American public by and large can't stomach us blowing up Islamic terrorists on another continent.  They're certainly not gonna slit their neighbors throat over magazine restrictions.
Some, I'll agree with.

I know at least one member of DSA who publicly asked for combat rifle instructors for small groups, but they couldn't be republicans or anyone that leaned right.
Interesting
I know some characters.
I tend to be relatively antisocial outside of you fuckers
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:40:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I always had a general hatred towards TSA until my Vegas trip.

If you stop me because the detector went off, you probably should check if my belt was still on... or swipe my phone for residue... guess that works.
View Quote
buy a TSA belt. I wear one all the time.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:41:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
After a long ground hold due to ice, we finally KTLF for Amsterdam. I'm in row 8, the plane has empty seats, so I sneak up to row six or so. When we hit the ground, I don't quite pole vault over everyone, but I'm like second or third off the plane. It was me and this Delta Diamond Lifetime member in a footrace to the other side of the airport (if you know Schiphol, you know what I mean).

I got to the passport check, did the scan since the US is using biometric passports and I can use the EU lanes now. The Dutch guy doesn't even look up as he stamps my passport.

Foot race again for gate E1. Did the exit interview, got the sticker on my passport, ran as fast as I could to gate E-whatever where the plane was boarding.

Gate hold for deicing.

We basically circle the airport to get to the deicing pad (which is pretty cool, way better setup than Basel or Seattle), then complete the circle and start another to get to the end of the active runway. We take off (they say) 44 minutes late, more like an hour thirty late since they didn't count the gate hold time.

View Quote
Dayum.

Stressing me out just reading that.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Gate hold for deicing.

View Quote
What about the medical emergency?
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This story is for @pantz really

On this ~21-22 day trip, I took two checked bags: my huge Pelican and my slightly smaller Pelican

On the train to Switzerland, the police who were walking the aisles talked to me a little about it and were very skeptical all they had in them was business cards, stickers, and laundry. They stayed in that area until I got to Basel SBB.

In the airport in France, the Air France lady wouldn't let me check the bags because "they have undeclared tools"

I wheel them down to oversize baggage

Two French security guys open, go through, and hit with X-rays or whatever both boxes. They were looking for taxable tools I hadn't declared on my way into Holland. ok, fine, they repacked it OK but I had to show them how to close the big one.

Go upstairs to go through the TSA-like-thingy. My backpack alarms, they pull it aside and start going through it. Did you know protein bars and a laptop charger look like a bomb? At least they didn't wipe down every single protein bar with explosives wipes like the TSA has done multiple times
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
I posted a link before. It worked at the whatever-the-TSA-is in France, it worked in Amsterdam, it works in the US.

it did not work in Singapore.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:43:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
I never found out. The crew was tight lipped about it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:44:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

lol
View Quote
at that point I was just... I want to be out of here
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Max out manufacturing and distribution every time before you walk away and you’ll be making real money in no time.
Yea I left it over the weekend.

It's lame.

Find us a new game to play
I dunno. I’m doing my best to help those inciting civil war in GD.
The Milo thread?

I don't really think people understand how terrible that would be. I don't think people on either side understand exactly how terrible that would be for everyone involved.

If only there was a way to discern the possible future in a world like that, maybe people could figure out what to do to prevent that. If only we could discern how a possible civil war could ever end?
The American public by and large can't stomach us blowing up Islamic terrorists on another continent.  They're certainly not gonna slit their neighbors throat over magazine restrictions.
Some, I'll agree with.

I know at least one member of DSA who publicly asked for combat rifle instructors for small groups, but they couldn't be republicans or anyone that leaned right.
Interesting
I know some characters.
College. I've kept up with him on FB for reasons I'm not sometimes sure of, but moments like this help.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:44:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
I’ve flown a total of 5 times.
I’ve worn jeans once on a flight.

Think I’ll pass.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I was insanely happen to clear CPB in Seattle. Global Entry: totally worth it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:45:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Missed a not a thing earlier.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:45:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Q predicted this.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:45:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've flown a total of 5 times.
I've worn jeans once on a flight.

Think I'll pass.
View Quote
Mine is a rigger's belt from Amazon? it's nice enough. Cheap.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:46:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Q predicted this.
View Quote
I worked at Qualcomm, I don't get the reference
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:46:33 PM EDT
[#18]
My TSA belt is not a rigger's belt, it's some other thing. Whatever. Cheap, on amazon, black
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:46:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Q predicted this.
View Quote
What dirt did they have on Hillary Clinton?
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:46:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm pretty stressed right now if you can't tell.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:46:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Q predicted this.
Q the conspiracy poster
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#22]
We had a busy year of flying.  Like 2 trips

It stresses me out.  I couldn't do it for a living
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This story is for @pantz really

On this ~21-22 day trip, I took two checked bags: my huge Pelican and my slightly smaller Pelican

On the train to Switzerland, the police who were walking the aisles talked to me a little about it and were very skeptical all they had in them was business cards, stickers, and laundry. They stayed in that area until I got to Basel SBB.

In the airport in France, the Air France lady wouldn't let me check the bags because "they have undeclared tools"

I wheel them down to oversize baggage

Two French security guys open, go through, and hit with X-rays or whatever both boxes. They were looking for taxable tools I hadn't declared on my way into Holland. ok, fine, they repacked it OK but I had to show them how to close the big one.

Go upstairs to go through the TSA-like-thingy. My backpack alarms, they pull it aside and start going through it. Did you know protein bars and a laptop charger look like a bomb? At least they didn't wipe down every single protein bar with explosives wipes like the TSA has done multiple times
View Quote
My backpack alarmed once. They asked me if I had anything organic in my bag. It was early and I was not fully awake. I asked for clarification. They just harped on organic matter.
I asked "Like what?"
They would not explain. And I'm thinking "Organic? Like what? Cow shit?" They were escalating their bullshit exponentially.
Supervisor came over and broke it up. He kindly asked me what I had in the bag because it set off some warnings.
I had 4 Cliff bars, a set of earbuds, and 2 phone charger cables in the same pocket. Looked bomby to them. LOL.
They wiped it all down.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:49:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
TROOF!

They should be more helpful instead of trying to be some military force to be reckoned with.

"Guy...You're a glorified mall cop. Know your role."
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:52:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Borrowed my daughters car for a few days , she's in college so it's sits in her moms driveway 90% of the time ! Needed oil change , battery (fucking thing died on way to my house) , three wipers , two license plate bulbs ! Things  I just paid for !  
Also a few other assorted marker bulbs out and the brakes will be needed done in a little bit !  
View Quote
She's not helping the "women never fix anything" stereotype.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#27]
crazy
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#28]
If you look at this map, we started at gate E something (about one o clock), went counter-clockwise to about 7:30 where the de-icing pad is (where it says Schiphol Zuid, approximately) then taxied up past Schiphol Centrum to the end of the runway that points to the south-west, turned around and took off south-west. I guess we didn't make a full circuit of the airport.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Coffee to combat the afternoon lag.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:54:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

My backpack alarmed once. They asked me if I had anything organic in my bag. It was early and I was not fully awake. I asked for clarification. They just harped on organic matter.
I asked "Like what?"
They would not explain. And I'm thinking "Organic? Like what? Cow shit?" They were escalating their bullshit exponentially.
Supervisor came over and broke it up. He kindly asked me what I had in the bag because it set off some warnings.
I had 4 Cliff bars, a set of earbuds, and 2 phone charger cables in the same pocket. Looked bomby to them. LOL.
They wiped it all down.
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#31]
two hours. time to shower and put on my nicest underwear
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:56:36 PM EDT
[#32]
You're expecting company?
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#33]
What's the moral of the story?
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Coffee to combat the afternoon lag.
View Quote
good idea
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:58:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
We had a busy year of flying.  Like 2 trips

It stresses me out.  I couldn't do it for a living
View Quote
Haven't flown since July of 2000.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Meh.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:59:26 PM EDT
[#37]
The sound quit working on this computer.

So frustrating
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Haven't flown since July of 2000.
View Quote
then get in your car and drive west you faggot
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What's the moral of the story?
View Quote
Have clean undies on when company arrives?
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#40]
The freshest
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Any of you schlubs going to SHOT?
View Quote
Well I was going to go with my crack dealer but it would've been the week before vacay so it didn't work out
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

then get in your car and drive west you faggot
View Quote
Oh how I wish I could.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:05:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
TSA racially profiles me.
View Quote
Well you do kinda look like a turrist.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The western world needs a communication detox. Let's turn the internet off for a month and then decide if we want to turn it back on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf2VxeIm1no
I think he’s on to something there.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Gate hold for deicing.

View Quote
I really like the layout of that airport.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:09:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Ready for this week to be over
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Well you do kinda look like a turrist.
View Quote
durka durka
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:11:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

durka durka
View Quote
Aloha Snackbar!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:13:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:14:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
This video is awesome
Page / 119
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top