BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/27/2012 5:59:45 PM EDT
Discuss..
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Already a breakdown 5 minutes in! Ahh discovery..
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Bearing Sea?
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:03:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Never thought they could form a hybrid of gold rush and deadliest catch, but they did. The other network might as well not even try.
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:03:59 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a little slow thus far
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:04:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Its been 7 min

Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Its been 7 min

well frick
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Its been 7 min

well frick

Aint that a game changer
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#8]
This can't be the official thread.. The title isn't bold..
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How do I make it bold?

Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How do I make it bold?

make it official duh

Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

How do I make it bold?

make it official duh

Mod have to do it?
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How do I make it bold?

make it official duh

Mod have to do it?

I was just being a dick. I dont know how to do it honestly.

Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Not enough retired generals trying to change games for the first time
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#14]
edit the original post.

in the subject line, add a bracketed b before the title, and a bracketed /b after.

Click on "quote" to quote my reply to see how I made this bold
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:26:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

How do I make it bold?

make it official duh

Mod have to do it?

B Button
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Bewbies on board.
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
edit the original post.

in the subject line, add a bracketed b before the title, and a bracketed /b after.

Click on "quote" to quote my reply to see how I made this bold

I figured thats how it was, but diden't want to look like a ass with [b] in the title and it not being bold.

It's official now
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#18]
judging from the commercials, i said i wouldnt watch it.
just happen to catch about 2 minutes [all i could stomach]
any how some asshole is saying I owe $150,000 in child support.
HTF does anyone owe that much? have 5 kids and not pay anything for how many YEARS?
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#19]
So far its a bit better than gold rush imo.
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#20]
So far - 1 dislocated shoulder, 1 wet suit, barge about to be grounded

What a fleet of enemas.

Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:48:34 PM EDT
[#21]
I woulda kicked that guys ass off the boat too for running his mouth like that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I bet he voted for Obama, liberal entitlement mentality, go buy your own boat asshole.

Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Dislocated shoulder guy is going to sue.
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#24]
well these guys just kicked the shit out of the porkupine creek dudes with far less capital invested
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Holy shit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#26]
I say we all pitch in, buy a dredge boat, name it Operation: ARFCOM and get 300 ounces in a day.
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet he voted for Obama, liberal entitlement mentality, go buy your own boat asshole.  

Yep, what a Dbag.  I hope he dies this season.

Link Posted: 1/27/2012 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Am I understanding they made about 10k in about 2 hours?
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Am I understanding they made about 10k in about 2 hours?

Uhh, that one boat made $71,000 in a day. I forgot the name.
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

well these guys just kicked the shit out of the porkupine creek dudes with far less capital invested
State waters, meaning a lease is required.  Which means MONEY.

They didn't mention this little fact.

Link Posted: 1/27/2012 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#31]
We need to get an ARFCOM boat together, IF these cluster F's can do it, really how hard can it be?
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 7:28:37 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

State waters, meaning a lease is required.  Which means MONEY.

They didn't mention this little fact.

and the dirt miners pay to use the claims and water rights. My guess the licenses and rents are probably a push. Its the cost of equipment and labor that the barges will kick the shit out of the other guys.

Link Posted: 1/28/2012 7:42:00 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm watching it on my DVR right now. Interesting show so far.
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 7:58:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Bewbies on board.

I`d do her.  You need something to keep you warm at night up there.
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 8:00:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Well I was gonna step up and start the Official Thread but now I don't have to.  DVR picked it up last night so I'll be back to comment afterwards.
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Damn,

These guys pulled more gold in one outing than those clowns in the Klondike have all season.
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 8:07:05 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Bewbies on board.

+1

Link Posted: 1/28/2012 8:18:48 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Fucking annoying piece of shit.

I wonder is he is a realtor?

Link Posted: 1/28/2012 8:35:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I would have kicked him in the mouth for running his mouth like that.

Him- It's in the contract
Me- There is not contract
Him- Yes, there is an oral contract!
Me- Here's your oral contract!!! *Kick in the mouth*

Link Posted: 1/28/2012 8:40:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Damn,

These guys pulled more gold in one outing than those clowns in the Klondike have all season.

I thought it was very impressive  as well, and i have a feeling the boat and equipment cost just as much if not less than the gold rush guys.
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 8:44:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Well looks like I will be building a barge in the off season  Way better show than Gold Rush

Did anyone notice how ghetto Nome is though? one guy live in a bus and the other guy who pulled in 71k lives in an unfinished home with no windows. WTF?

Looking forward to the next episode
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 9:00:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Anyone read the synopisis for future episodes.  This is fucking Hoffman crew under water

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/bering-sea-gold/episodes.html
EPISODE 2 - ONE BAD DEAL

Premiere: Feb. 3 at 10 PM E/P

In the midnight sun, violence erupts outside a local bar and someone from the biggest and most successful dredge on the Bering Sea, The Christine Rose, is left dazed and bloodied — and their entire mining season at risk. Meanwhile, The Wild Ranger has also begun its season poorly, as an injury and the employment status of one of its members puts the entire operation at risk — as does a suddenly-sprung leak in the small, recently-built vessel. Faced with mechanical difficulties on The Clark, Zeke and Emily rush to take advantage of the one thing Nome has no short supply of: junkyards. They scavenge the wreckage of decades of abandoned vehicles, in an attempt to get their gold machine back on the water. Ian Foster has sunk his life savings into The Sluicey, but he realizes he's in over his head and calls in an experienced friend, Scott Foster, who instantly begins criticizing Ian's work. There's a lot at stake for these two, and no time to waste.

EPISODE 3 - SUCTION

Premiere: Feb. 10 at 10 PM E/P

There is a rare window of perfect weather on the Bering Sea, and the race is on as the dredges hit the water — and hit it hard. The Christine Rose shows its real first signs of strain, as veteran Steve Pomrenke confronts son Shawn about the barge's upkeep. On The Clark, new diver Emily Riedel gets her first taste of ocean floor dredging, and the very real dangers it can pose, nearly drowning after her arm gets caught in their powerful suction hose. While over on The Wild Ranger, a crew of novices and a poorly designed dredge make this trip another struggle, as tempers begin to flare. On The Sluicey, Ian and Scott are on the gold, but when the fickle Bering Sea begins to swell, their tiny vessel is forced to dock. Egos begin to inflate, and a confrontation about who's really in charge soon ensues.

EPISODE 4 - A VIKING FUNERAL

Premiere: Feb. 17 at 10 PM E/P

With the season halfway over, and no one even halfway making a profit, tensions are rising on the Bering Sea. On The Wild Ranger, captain Scott Meisterheim has laid down the law with his crew, but his deckhands consistently get under his skin. With a new dive mask that allows for topside communication, Scott plans to make up for lost time, but suction and heating soon fail, leaving him on the frigid sea floor cold and ineffective — with attempts to communicate falling on deaf ears. Meanwhile, the massive Christine Rose is off to a huge lead over the rest of the fleet, but an incident involving a 15-ton excavator swing soon puts them back in harms' way. Over on The Clark, Zeke and Emily are in need of a new hot spot. But Zeke's plan to find the gold is yet another test for rookie Emily — and one that could prove deadly. Ian and Scott on The Sluicey are trying to make up for lost time, having spent much of the early part of the season making repairs to the modified skiff. It's all just another day at work for the Nome gold dredging fleet, as the season starts to really heat up.

EPISODE 5 - CAPTAINCY

Premiere: Feb. 24 at 10 PM E/P

The first night dive of The Clark's season goes horribly wrong, and the next day takes an even bigger emotional toll as a jammed sluice box leads to a bitter fight between childhood friends Zeke and Emily. Over on The Sluicey, Scott Foster's solo dive is a bust when Ian's anti-thrust system fails, sending rocks tumbling through the water onto Scott's head. The Christine Rose's crew continues to be saddled by injuries — and left struggling to meet the huge barge's massive costs. Meanwhile, The Wild Ranger is a dredge in freefall, suffering personality conflicts and mechanical breakdowns. With the dredge stuck in port waiting on parts, a sluice box cleanout turns into the one of the most explosive confrontations of the season. And as the weather turns bad, a few stressed-out crews head to a volcanic hotsprings for some R&R — but the trip ends in disaster on many levels.
JESUS CHRIST DISCOVERY!  Are ALL of your producers fucking retarded???  Seriously!  You went and ruined American Chopper with drama, and now, all your other bullshit shows just start right out with fucking DRAMA.  If I wanted to watch big brother, I'd fucking watch big brother.

Some people actually want to see the process of bikes built or Gold mined, not this fucking  "Disaster strikes", duh dahn dunnn  fucking bullshit drama!  FUCK!!!  

Link Posted: 1/28/2012 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Damn,

i was amazed they got that much with just using a backhoe

Link Posted: 1/28/2012 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Damn,

i was amazed they got that much with just using a backhoe excavator.

Fixed for you.
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 12:16:37 PM EDT
[#45]
I think someone gets Knifed in the next episode. This show seems a bit more entertaining than Old Rush.
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 12:19:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yeah, in the pilot no less.
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 12:24:37 PM EDT
[#47]
On the Gold Fever show on the outdoor channel years ago.The host Tom Massie was talking about guys who dredge in Dry suits in the Bering Sea.Well the noise of the dredge and them sucking up sand and gravel would attract Killer Whales! They would swim by and have a look at what they were doing.
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 12:25:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Cool, a show from Nome, I spent 22 years there
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 12:27:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Damn,

i was amazed they got that much with just using a backhoe excavator.

Fixed for you.

whateva!

Link Posted: 1/28/2012 7:27:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Lots of FAIL in the first episode.

Think I'm going to like this series
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top