Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 617
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This could have - and probably WILL - happen in ANY area with a significant black population. All that is needed is a spark.

The people and government don't want to hurt feelings, so nothing is going to stop it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What if all the businesses that have been attacked never rebuilt. And this area ended up only receiving food and supplies via air drop or off the back of a truck, like the UN in Africa. That's what they deserve. Only if they could be contained to suffer in the mess THEY created for themselves.

Something to consider for folks who are not in Saint Louis is that Ferguson is not an isolated township sitting by itself somewhere. The Saint Louis county metro area is one huge seamless patchwork of townships, villages, cities and incorporated zones. If you were to drive around this town you would seamlessly transition from one town to another without knowing you did half of the time.

All the stuff that burned up in Ferguson was within walking distance of the perpetrator's homes. If they want fast food, clothes, phones or anything else they will simply walk another two blocks into Kinloch, Dellwood or Cool Valley. Or they will get in their car and drive one mile up West Florissant into Florissant proper or elsewhere.

"Burning their shit" does not deprive them of anything really... it just means everything is now just a little further away... they don't understand the socio economic impact of their rampage, they just see another McDonalds two blocks up the street. Which is what the concern is for this evening... half the people you ask think they are just going to march further down the street and burn the shit in the next town over, others think they will try to branch out into other parts of town and get froggy.

We won't really know until tonight. All I know is my house is pretty far back in a side street and I don't expect them at my door. I expect them to make a play for the Galleria at some point like they did last time, and that is right down the street from me.

Yep...good info.

Everyone also has to realize that St.Louis didn't win "countries most dangerous city" status for no reason. If this shitstorm was going to happen....it was going to happen in St.Louis.

This could have - and probably WILL - happen in ANY area with a significant black population. All that is needed is a spark.

The people and government don't want to hurt feelings, so nothing is going to stop it.
Don't believe that one bit. I know plenty of neighborhoode that are hard working black families that are nothing like the filth rioting. Not all Black people are like those rioting shit stains of society. Also some of them aren't black.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If you haven't already read some of the witness reports, do so.  Witness 41 is my favorite so far:  https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1370963-interview-witness-41-2.html

View Quote

Gee...wonder if he'll be prosecuted for lying to the feds.....

naaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:14:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm allowed to carry because I'm the boss.

And anyone who owns and has a permit can carry in my office no questions asked.

I employ a lot of tech people and architects, who are mostly gun people as is. Interesting tidbit the most pro 2A people in my office are the two Vietnamese immigrants. They are so pro-2A they make me feel like a lib. I am almost certain one of them has an AR broke down in a black bag he brought in this morning.

Not sure if he posts here on the ARF or not, but just in case: Dennis, Jason knows you have a rifle at your desk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure what you do job wise, which doesn't matter, but I am glad you all are allowed to carry. Be safe down there.

I employ a lot of tech people and architects, who are mostly gun people as is. Interesting tidbit the most pro 2A people in my office are the two Vietnamese immigrants. They are so pro-2A they make me feel like a lib. I am almost certain one of them has an AR broke down in a black bag he brought in this morning.

Not sure if he posts here on the ARF or not, but just in case: Dennis, Jason knows you have a rifle at your desk.

Merica!

That's awesome.

eta; Why don't you have a rifle in a bag?  You some kind of commie?  

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
PzFeed Top News ?@PzFeed  7m7 minutes ago
Vigils and protests planned for today across the USA. #Ferguson

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3TxqeYCUAAEc2P.png
View Quote

Lexington, Louisville, Cincinnati, Columbus.....get your shit together!
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is no way this guy passed the bar...
View Quote

Nope. Sounds like he stopped at every one he saw.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:14:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hmm, surprising.  None in WV.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, all clear in Huntington today.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:14:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

So this is a thing:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/08/14/tear-gas-is-a-chemical-weapon-banned-in-war-but-ferguson-police-shoot-it-at-protesters/

Perhaps they would prefer phosphorous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

So this is a thing:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/08/14/tear-gas-is-a-chemical-weapon-banned-in-war-but-ferguson-police-shoot-it-at-protesters/

Despite its ubiquity across the globe and in United States, tear gas is a chemical agent banned in warfare per the Chemical Weapons Convention of 1993, which set forth agreements signed by nearly every nation in the world — including the United States. The catch, however, is that while it’s illegal in war, it’s legal in domestic riot control. That means Turkey got to use it on its protesters last year. That meant Bahrain got to the do the same. And now, in Ferguson, cops are likewise blasting residents protesting the police for the killing of an unarmed teen named Michael Brown.

Sooooooooooooo.............They want this ran like a war?
I don't think they're thinking that through too well......

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:14:59 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Ear plugs? Just how loud did it get last night?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Can you say Orchestrated?  O-R-C-H-E-S-T-R-A-T-E-D.  That's right.

Now let's use it in a sentence.

The Obama Administration has orchestrated this event almost from the start.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

15 Unanswered Questions About Michael Brown Incident And The Ensuing Ferguson Riots:

15. Why did Obama not bother to watch the prosecutor's detailed statement on the Grand Jury's decision - yet he still felt compelled to immediately comment on it without even hearing it first?

14. How can Obama say that it's "understandable" to disagree and protest against the Grand Jury's decision when no one outside the Grand Jury has ever seen all the evidence and testimony that was presented to the Grand Jury? Isn't that just encouraging ignorance-based protests?

13. Was it "understandable" for Michael Brown to attack the white police officer, bash him in the face fracturing his skull and try to take his gun, and then charge him "like a football player" even after being shot inside the officer's vehicle simply because a white cop was investigating the robbery that Michael Brown had just committed?

12. Why did Michael Brown attack the white police officer and try to grab his gun? Was it because the cop was smaller and white? Was there racism involved in how Michael Brown treated the white police officer?

11. Based on crime data, every month one white police officer is feloniously killed in the line of duty by a black male. Where are the black community leaders protesting those murders committed by their fellow black citizens? Or do those white cop lives not matter?

10. Would Michael Brown have attacked Officer Wilson if the Wilson was black just as big as he was?

9. Is there a wider problem in the black community with young black men automatically "profiling" white cops and targetting them for hostility and aggression that needs to be addressed within the black community?

8. Was Michael Brown raised in the same criminal "F-the police" community-culture that was on display during the riots and if so, how much did that "black gansta" culture influence and lead to Michael Brown's aggressive actions towards Officer Darell Wilson?

7. Where were Michael Brown's parents when he was robbing that convenience store and violently assaulting the guy inside the store, and did his parents also know he was a pot-smoker? Why did they raise a criminal like that and what could they and other parents of young black males do different to keep their children from getting into drugs and becoming violent criminals?

6. Why aren't people protesting over the 20 black people killed every day in America by other black people - or do those black lives not matter as much as Michael Brown?

5. How exactly does it "honor" Michael Brown to loot your local mom-and-pop liquor stores, beauty shops, auto-repair shops and destroy storefronts and set fire to buildings in your very own neighborhood?  

4. Why weren't the hundreds of peaceful protestors protecting their own neighborhoods and businesses instead of marching down streets away from the areas of mass-crimes of arson and looting that were going on?

3. Why did the hundreds of peaceful protestors on the streets of Ferguson turn their back on their fellow neighbors and business-owners during the riots and not protect their neighborhoods from rioting being done right in front of them by their fellow citizens?

2. Why would any business-owner want to stay in a "poverty-stricken area" like that and offer jobs to that community when they know that that community will turn its back on them and burn them to the ground for completely unrelated reactions?

1. Why does the black community not understand that it is NOT okay to rob a store, assault someone on the way out and then, when a cop shows up in response to the crime you just committed, repeatedly bash the cop in the face, try to take their gun away, charge them "like a football player" and expect to NOT get shot by the cop while doing it?

Why u racist, bro?

Can you say Orchestrated?  O-R-C-H-E-S-T-R-A-T-E-D.  That's right.

Now let's use it in a sentence.

The Obama Administration has orchestrated this event almost from the start.

Why you so racist? Mikey dinna do nuffin.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So this is a thing:

Despite its ubiquity across the globe and in United States, tear gas is a chemical agent banned in warfare per the Chemical Weapons Convention of 1993, which set forth agreements signed by nearly every nation in the world — including the United States. The catch, however, is that while it’s illegal in war, it’s legal in domestic riot control. That means Turkey got to use it on its protesters last year. That meant Bahrain got to the do the same. And now, in Ferguson, cops are likewise blasting residents protesting the police for the killing of an unarmed teen named Michael Brown.

HE and WillyP fire for effect...
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Flying ear plugs?  Must have been loud.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Didnt that one stupid reporter call them bullets in a description of a pic once?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sounds like you've spent some time in a courtroom in civil rights cases.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Michael Brown knew what he'd done in the past.

Michael Brown knew what he'd just done.

Michael Brown knew he was probably about to get arrested.

Michael Brown made a decision, and took action.

Darren Wilson made a decision based upon Michael Brown's actions.

I agree with your aupposition, and feel it's a combination of both.

Only as a observer, not a participant.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
His LEO career is over. I'm sure he's thinking $$$. I can't blame him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

George Steohanopoulos just tweeted he just finished more than an hour long interview with Darren Wilson - no questions off limits

Hard to believe Wilson would have granted an interview to anyone in the media.

I certainly would not have if I was in his shoes.

His LEO career is over. I'm sure he's thinking $$$. I can't blame him.

I'd be thinking GTFO of town and change my name ASAP.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No silly... look closely, they're rubber bullets.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Closest protest is in NM or CA

Hey ID, MT, WY, what do you way we "burn this bitch down" for excluding us?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone have an update on the 'Michael Brown' vigil in the middle of (?) Street? I'm curious if anyone ran it over or set it on fire last night.

My fingers are crossed.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If you haven't already read some of the witness reports, do so.  Witness 41 is my favorite so far:  https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1370963-interview-witness-41-2.html

View Quote

Patience must be high on the FBI virtue list, I would have have a hard time dealing with these people.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

eta: beat

http://youtu.be/EuMCaubJ3tY
View Quote

Fucking bitch, maybe if you had raised your whelp right he wouldn't be dead now.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is no way this guy passed the bar...

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm just glad there's none here.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Patience must be high on the FBI virtue list, I would have have a hard time dealing with these people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw several humorous moments in the interviews I looked at.  

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Didnt that one stupid reporter call them bullets in a description of a pic once?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ryan Reilly

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/500981295359741952
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:19:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those first four lines would have made a good opening salvo in an opening and/or closing argument.  That says it all.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:20:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be a good map for officer Wilson to begin with to start looking for a new job.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:20:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The local thug culture is far too busy dealing heroin to get involved in a civil rights struggle.  It cuts into the profits.  

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sometimes, interviews can be comedy gold.

Sometimes, you just want to stick your head in a vise.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:21:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure what you do job wise, which doesn't matter, but I am glad you all are allowed to carry. Be safe down there.

Good on you all for being proactive about your safety! You sound like a solid leader.

I likewise have a my broken down SBR in a bad next to my desk. We have too of those bullshit protests in my city today and a police department with a poor track record of dealing with riots. I don't trust their leadership or the city's.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:21:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Saint Paul, Minneapolis, And Duluth?

Great. Lock and Load.

I need to borrow FO Dog.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Those first four lines would have made a good opening salvo in an opening and/or closing argument.  That says it all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks! I've thought about taking the LSAT.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:22:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But, but , but that would be practicing law without a license, well unless he was pro se.  

I keed, we all know that DD has a big ol' brain.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:23:12 PM EDT
[#33]

Former MD AG was just on NPR, and hit it out of the ballpark.  

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:24:01 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
This is why we can't have ice things
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Serious question, if it's 15-20F there wouldn't water cannons/hoses be pretty effective? Hard to riot and loot with hypothermia.

As good and effective an idea as this is, I think Bull Conner pretty much ruined that tactic in 1963.

It would work, but the optics would be terrible.

Ice things.  ICE things.  That wasn't a spelling error was it.  

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Former MD AG was just on NPR, and hit it out of the ballpark.  

View Quote
Cliffnotes?

Gist?

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:24:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yep I am in the office along with every one of my employees. Nobody called in today. I believe some of the folks who live north plan to leave a little early tonight in case of the highway shutdown thing happening again tonight.

I'm carrying the same G20 from yesterday with the same two spares. I figure 45 rounds of 10mm hollowpoints are enough to get me back to my car if things go banjo kazooie down here. The thing that changed is that a lot of folks in my office are carrying today that weren't yesterday. We probably have more handguns in this office today than some local gun shops have left on their shelves right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for the info. I've been wondering about the city's layout.

Are you at work today? I know you said you were the last one in the office yesterday. Are you carrying bigger or more firepower?

Yep I am in the office along with every one of my employees. Nobody called in today. I believe some of the folks who live north plan to leave a little early tonight in case of the highway shutdown thing happening again tonight.

I'm carrying the same G20 from yesterday with the same two spares. I figure 45 rounds of 10mm hollowpoints are enough to get me back to my car if things go banjo kazooie down here. The thing that changed is that a lot of folks in my office are carrying today that weren't yesterday. We probably have more handguns in this office today than some local gun shops have left on their shelves right now.

Hats off to your team for their dedication to their jobs and for protecting themselves. I hope everyone gets home safe and for the day to stay monotonous.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Every time I watch these riots, I just can't help but reaffirm that right wingers are the bigger threat to this country.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

But, but , but that would be practicing law without a license, well unless he was pro se.  

I keed, we all know that DD has a big ol' brain head.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I keed, we all know that DD has a big ol' brain head.

FIFY, nothing but echoes inside, mang!
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:25:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, Lexington (and Louisville) both are full of libs. Both have decent sized black populations. Throw in the colleges and your going to have these. Lots of white guilt types too.

They already had a rally in Lex a few months back. It was maybe two dozen people tops for an hour. I guess they got bored and went home.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#40]

Simply disgusting.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:25:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am imagining someone going and quickly exiting the browser.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Serious question, if it's 15-20F there wouldn't water cannons/hoses be pretty effective? Hard to riot and loot with hypothermia.

As good and effective an idea as this is, I think Bull Conner pretty much ruined that tactic in 1963.

It would work, but the optics would be terrible.

"Stop, collaborate and listen!"
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Wilson will need cash to move and start a new life!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
George Steohanopoulos just tweeted he just finished more than an hour long interview with Darren Wilson - no questions off limits

Hard to believe Wilson would have granted an interview to anyone in the media.
I certainly would not have if I was in his shoes.

Depends on how much money was exchanged, I would have if the money was right.
Wilson will need cash to move and start a new life!

or dig a large moat, you know filled with water, around his house
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:27:27 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote
Looks like plenty of states w/o blue dots to move to.  

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I heard the dipshit Benjamin Crump on Good Morning America this morning.  He was talking about how the small group of troublemakers spoiled the protests and were tarnishing Mike Brown's "legacy of peace".

Let's see, the last two things Mike Brown did were to rough up a convenience store clerk while stealing cigars, and get into a fight with a cop.  I'm missing the "legacy of peace" here somehow.
View Quote

Well he's peaceful now isn't he? that should count for something.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Does anyone happen to know which witness statements corroborate Officer Wilson's testimony?

I've only glanced at a couple, but the few parts I can actually make sense of seem to support the media narrative.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

They'd never even get here.  The Okies would tear em up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted: Which is what the concern is for this evening... half the people you ask think they are just going to march further down the street and burn the shit in the next town over, others think they will try to branch out into other parts of town and get froggy.

How long until the march into Texas?

Who wants to try and cross the red river first?  

They'd never even get here.  The Okies would tear em up.

I hope we would anway
We do have alot of good ole boys
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 617
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top