Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 11/16/2019 9:16:30 PM EDT
Reveal is the 21st. I am very interested to see if the 30K towing capacity and 400 mile range are met. And to see exactly what this will look like.
Forbes Story
Liketesla chick
Live
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 9:18:44 PM EDT
[#1]
If it looks like the renderings, I am not interested whatsoever.

If it looked like a model S with a bed I might be.

ETA: Funny part is it looks like it would be profoundly easy to "truck" the S, X and 3.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a feeling its going to look like the flat nosed jeep bus truck thing from yesteryear  . But he keeps saying blade runner and I think aerodynamic. So you might be right. I think the front will look like this
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a feeling its going to look like the flat nosed jeep bus truck thing from yesteryear  . But he keeps saying blade runner and I think aerodynamic. So you might be right. I think the front will look like this
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/213498/1A3EBC9C-8F87-4EAF-B78B-88390E7C832D_jpeg-1163427.JPG
View Quote
I would love to own a Vehicross.
Rare bird and really pretty neat. There are two of them in my area, a bone stock one and a built offroader. Both are in fantastic shape and enthusiast owned.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 9:37:00 PM EDT
[#4]
We were discussing the feasibility of an electric fire truck since puts stay plugged in most of the time. We have spent close to 100 K in truck repairs recently for just engines
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 9:39:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Reveal is the 21st. I am very interested to see if the 30K towing capacity and 400 mile range are met. And to see exactly what this will look like.
Forbes Story
View Quote
400 miles.... Probably not hauling or towing or off-roading and only if driving like a grandma.... If it even gets that many miles.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 9:40:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Meh
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 10:08:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

400 miles.... Probably not hauling or towing or off-roading and only if driving like a grandma.... If it even gets that many miles.
View Quote
Its pretty optimistic sounding to me also . Part of me hopes thats the introduction mileage . If you would have suggested an electric car faster than most super cars with a 400 mile range 10 years ago I would have laughed you out the room.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Rivian truck is quite bizarre looking on the front and the rear...side view looks okay, but the stats are impressive.
https://rivian.com/r1t/
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 10:19:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Rivian truck is quite bizarre looking on the front and the rear...side view looks okay, but the stats are impressive.
View Quote
The stats are impressive on that. I've got a feeling that might get sidelined though since Amazon just ordered 100,000 delivery trucks from them.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 10:22:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The stats are impressive on that. I've got a feeling that might get sidelined though since Amazon just ordered 100,000 delivery trucks from them.
View Quote
The ford and amazon investments are good signs they saw something good enough for them to make that kind of commitment . I think tesla/rivian are going to always be ahead for the next decade.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Nite bump and to keep up till the release
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 7:40:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Its pretty optimistic sounding to me also . Part of me hopes thats the introduction mileage . If you would have suggested an electric car faster than most super cars with a 400 mile range 10 years ago I would have laughed you out the room.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you calculate the amount of horsepower required to keep a 30,000 pound trailer moving at highway speed for 400 miles - let alone in mountainous terrain - and then convert that HP to KW of battery power - The required battery size is....really, REALLY fuckin huge.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#13]
The regen braking must play a large part . I also am doubtful that range goes with that weight
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 7:59:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My wife and I definitely plan in buying an electric pick-up truck in about 10 years.

That said, we would prefer to buy from a company that doesn’t lose money on every vehicle they sell.  
View Quote
911 truck?
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 8:01:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My wife and I definitely plan in buying an electric pick-up truck in about 10 years.

That said, we would prefer to buy from a company that doesn’t lose money on every vehicle they sell.  
View Quote
Offer to pay Tesla double for the vehicle then.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 8:04:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 8:18:45 PM EDT
[#18]
The real market for electric (and AV) in the future is over the road semis.  If the battery life, size and output can be overcome successfully, 18 wheel (or whatever number will be needed) semi's will benefit the most from electric power AND ultimately AV.  Cutting transportation costs is good for everyone especially consumers.  With the shortage of over the road truck drivers AV may eventually become a necessity and if can be made successful and safe will allow 24 hr a day 7 day a week operation per vehicle, excluding charging/maintenance/loading/unloading.  Not to mention a complete re-design of the power unit into something only needing space for the motor and batteries and infrastructure to be able to pull trailer(s), thereby increasing aerodynamics and efficiency.

It's very possible in 20 yrs or so we will not recognize our highways and transportation infrastructure compared to today.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
The headlights look weird
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:02:24 PM EDT
[#20]
If you ask most of Tesla would last this long, most would have said nope. I think they’re here to stay for at least another decade. Musk ain’t exactly young anymore.

That’s one ugly concept car in the link. Musk better not have anything that remotely looks like that thing. I’m hopeful that it’ll be something visually appealing and have some solid performance metrics. I hope they have a model that is a Raptor killer. Performance shocks, none of this thin sidewalk tire shit with huge gangster rims that jar your spine on every pothole. Keep it with a low center of gravity with that heavy ass battery low on the frame. Bigger fenders and bedsides so the suspension can articulate without the need for big retarded lifts.

I don’t think we’ll get any of this though. No ones spotted them testing these trucks that I’ve heard of and I live in Scores territory. I’m expect pavement pounding grocery getters.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 2:37:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
lol

The concern is not the “ value” of the vehicle - the concern is whether or not a company that cannot be profitable will be able to survive.  How do you think SAAB owner that need repairs to their vehicles are doing right now?  Or Fisker owners, to use an electric car company example.

... although I guess that if Tesla are around in 10 years, they will have figured out their issues, and will be a viable firm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Offer to pay Tesla double for the vehicle then.
lol

The concern is not the “ value” of the vehicle - the concern is whether or not a company that cannot be profitable will be able to survive.  How do you think SAAB owner that need repairs to their vehicles are doing right now?  Or Fisker owners, to use an electric car company example.

... although I guess that if Tesla are around in 10 years, they will have figured out their issues, and will be a viable firm.
Not that I see Tesla going under, but if they did, Apple or some other company would buy them out and keep the lines going. Repairs and support are an area for improvement though. I know they currently have long wait times and a lockdown or parts.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 11:22:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Will the Tesla truck be body-on-frame?
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 11:25:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's what the headlights said about your mom.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 11:31:30 PM EDT
[#24]
30,000lb load, 400 mile range.

Only real application is yard to yard hauling. FedEx, xpo, UPS.

30k lbs is light.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 1:35:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

lol

The concern is not the " value" of the vehicle - the concern is whether or not a company that cannot be profitable will be able to survive.  How do you think SAAB owner that need repairs to their vehicles are doing right now?  Or Fisker owners, to use an electric car company example.

View Quote
There are way more car parts than you could imagine in storage. I worked at autozone and attempted to find rare car parts when I was bored. I could have built the majority of a Model A
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 1:39:00 PM EDT
[#26]
OST
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

30k lbs is light.
View Quote
Also this is the first time someone has actually made a solid attempt at bringing an electric truck to market. This is about to be a race between ford/rivian and tesla. And tesla has an advantage with batteries. I agree with others here this is not stellar for the guy that uses his truck a lot but for someone like me who drives 3 miles to the fire station or 40 to the hunting camp with my ATV this is really appealing
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 2:10:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone know the time the reveal is supposed to be ? I know today is a date in bladerunner .https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inquirer.com/news/blade-runner-november-2019-predictions-philly-20191106.html%3foutputType=amp
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 8:46:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The ford and amazon investments are good signs they saw something good enough for them to make that kind of commitment . I think tesla/rivian are going to always be ahead for the next decade.
View Quote
Tesla's "we're not a car company, we're a tech company" attitude of disregarding everyone else is probably going to bite them. I think the Ford+Rivian partnership is going to lead EV pickups for a long time.

Quoted:
Anyone know the time the reveal is supposed to be ? I know today is a date in bladerunner .https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inquirer.com/news/blade-runner-november-2019-predictions-philly-20191106.html%3foutputType=amp
View Quote
I'm seeing 8PM PT / 11PM ET.

It's also worth noting that Tesla debuted the Gen2 Roadster and the Semi 2 years ago, and neither of those are in production.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 8:52:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Also this is the first time someone has actually made a solid attempt at bringing an electric truck to market. This is about to be a race between ford/rivian and tesla. And tesla has an advantage with batteries. I agree with others here this is not stellar for the guy that uses his truck a lot but for someone like me who drives 3 miles to the fire station or 40 to the hunting camp with my ATV this is really appealing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

30k lbs is light.
30k towing capacity is going to put it in the F450/550 class. As a category 4-6 work truck.

Not like an F150. So it’s going to be dually and all.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 9:17:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

30k towing capacity is going to put it in the F450/550 class. As a category 4-6 work truck.

Not like an F150. So it's going to be dually and all.
View Quote
How much of that towing plays into axle loads, frame and differential? I genuinely dont know I was guessing 2500/250 size at largest with that low price tag. Im wondering if electrical drives differ . One of the stated variables will have to change. I also am curious if its a scalable design where they can go tacoma size to f450 like you said.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 9:25:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
How much of that towing plays into axle loads, frame and differential? I genuinely dont know I was guessing 2500/250 size at largest with that low price tag. Im wondering if electrical drives differ . One of the stated variables will have to change. I also am curious if its a scalable design where they can go tacoma size to f450 like you said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot.

Horsepower is almost never the limiting factor. Really, the first engine related limit tends to be heat, and electric motors aren't immune from that.

I think some of the F350/3500 class trucks are knocking on the 30k range, but I'm pretty sure that assumes diesel, dually, and some form of goose neck/fifth wheel.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 11:50:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

is this middle school?

if so ur a gay fag
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 11:52:29 PM EDT
[#34]
cant wait
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 11:54:01 PM EDT
[#36]
If you click the stream link Musk shared out, it prompts for name and email address.

Here's a YouTube stream from Digital Trends: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGzMMm1lMjM
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 11:55:16 PM EDT
[#37]
That thread is the dupe. This one is the original.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:05:10 AM EDT
[#38]
watching on apple tv twitter app

well standing by...
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:06:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Some guy is wearing a plate carrier with the tesla emblem lit up with leds in it
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:09:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tires actually play a lot into it.  Braking capacity plays into it.

An f350 dually, 4WD with the heaviest towing capacity tops out around 32,000lbs.

F350 SRW is around 17,000lbs. So to hit that 30k figure, it’s going to need to be a dually.  As simply the weight on the rear tires would exceed their legal load capacity.  And I don’t think Tesla is making a hover truck.  Nor do I think they’re going to make a vehicle with a solid tire.

Heat generation and duty cycle is a huge part of it.  I firmly believe they can make a truck, to that specs.  I just don’t think it’s going to be what people think it’s going to be.

Or it’s going to be vapor ware.

I’m counting on the later. Vapor ware that comes out with a 150 mile range, towing capacity of 10k. So about a third of what was promised.

Oh, and in 6 years.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:10:10 AM EDT
[#41]
no sound?
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:11:53 AM EDT
[#42]
This stream has (bad) sound. It's from some dude's phone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP-aWNabeWQ
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:12:03 AM EDT
[#43]
working for me   . elon is on stage and just followed blade runner
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:14:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:14:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Is this a troll job?
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:15:05 AM EDT
[#46]
they have lost their minds if thats it
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:15:31 AM EDT
[#47]
turd
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:16:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Oh god what is that thing?  Kill it now!
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:16:57 AM EDT
[#49]
There is no way thats it.... Where is the bed.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 12:17:07 AM EDT
[#50]
the hell?

Im sure ill love it in a few years
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top