Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:25:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Yo these blue tubes are dope af

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:31:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Take a trip out west a few hours and put em to real good use.....
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:43:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Last friday was a good night....

Just south of the Red River NE of Sheppard AFB,  The on-x track app tracked almost all of our tracks.  We lost cell coverage in areas and the tracks did not show up.  All in all about 10 miles of walking.  Bottom right corner of the screed shows the scale of 500'

When the phone loses the cell tower, it wont show the tracks.  Spotty coverage at best up here.

the red balloons were hogs down.  

@dfarm

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#5]
@hesperus

Above posts were from this past friday and Saturday.  Twas a good night.  Ten or so miles of stalking
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 3:04:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Awesome!

We're about ready to take off.  Just a few days and a few miles away. Lol

I'm pretty excited.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 10:01:54 AM EDT
[#7]
@bullf-16 The pan tilt arrived Monday.  I get back home tomorrow and I’m going to take it out and program the area of interest on it.  I’m going to program 3 settings - early night, late night, early morning
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 10:23:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Culling deer over soybeans on depredation permit. Trying out the side shot hero 7, S&B 1-8 short dot and CNVD-LR on 300 BO subsonic.

Link Posted: 6/19/2020 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Awesome!

We're about ready to take off.  Just a few days and a few miles away. Lol

I'm pretty excited.
View Quote
See you Friday, Im taking the day off.
Quoted:
@bullf-16 The pan tilt arrived Monday.  I get back home tomorrow and I'm going to take it out and program the area of interest on it.  I'm going to program 3 settings - early night, late night, early morning
View Quote
Nice
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Week 6 begins of ownthenight not shipping...
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 1:31:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Would a decent thin filmed green G3 PVS14 be a satisfying first setup for those who have owned one?
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I had never seen through an I2 nvd before. I took a gamble on a pvs-14 in pieces off of the EE here. (Omni 7 tube, iirc).  It's freaking magic.

Honestly, if you've never looked through any night vision before, a scionics device will probably blow your mind.   In the limited time I've had with my pvs-14 and the few minutes I got to spend with a scionics unit, one of those is probably 80% or more of a decent gen3 unit.

Tldr, Yes, a good quality pvs-14 will be awesome.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 2:33:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Would a decent thin filmed green G3 PVS14 be a satisfying first setup for those who have owned one?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#14]
nvm

Link Posted: 6/19/2020 3:36:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes. If I could afford duals I would. My 14 does everything I want/need.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 3:55:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
First vid with the new setup. I need some more flight time/practice. Got on a good 12+ sounder but they did not want to come out. They ended up splitting into 2 groups. I ran low on battery and had to fly back. My buddy sent his drone up as I was landing but he didn't get the kills recorded. We ended up getting 3 of the pigs that went left in the vid. Ran them out to the corner and blasted em. They are so smart. They know that drone means trouble. Hope to go again tonight or tomorrow.

ETA: In the vid, I was flying from the bed of the truck as we pulled up. They jumped out and got into position. The ground guy farthest right was my other drone buddy. We were all talking on bluetooth so I could relay what the pigs were doing and how much battery I had left. Once I got low, you could see him run back to the truck to send his drone up. We've got a good system, but that doesn't make the pigs any less smart. Holy fuck this is fun!

ETA2: That corn is 6' tall and those guys could not see the pigs even when they were 10 yards away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaDl_aT2CQM
View Quote
That is fucking epic

Looks like a predator straight out of Iraq haha
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 4:24:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That is fucking epic

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
First vid with the new setup. I need some more flight time/practice. Got on a good 12+ sounder but they did not want to come out. They ended up splitting into 2 groups. I ran low on battery and had to fly back. My buddy sent his drone up as I was landing but he didn't get the kills recorded. We ended up getting 3 of the pigs that went left in the vid. Ran them out to the corner and blasted em. They are so smart. They know that drone means trouble. Hope to go again tonight or tomorrow.

ETA: In the vid, I was flying from the bed of the truck as we pulled up. They jumped out and got into position. The ground guy farthest right was my other drone buddy. We were all talking on bluetooth so I could relay what the pigs were doing and how much battery I had left. Once I got low, you could see him run back to the truck to send his drone up. We've got a good system, but that doesn't make the pigs any less smart. Holy fuck this is fun!

ETA2: That corn is 6' tall and those guys could not see the pigs even when they were 10 yards away.

That is fucking epic

Link Posted: 6/19/2020 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hell yeah
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That is fucking epic

View Quote
It's extremely ridiculous lol.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Man that is so next level!!!!

Link Posted: 6/19/2020 11:22:07 PM EDT
[#21]
On the fields.  This shit inbound .  I'm at the blue dot

Load out tonight

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/20/2020 12:20:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Be safe out there Jim!  Looks like your kind of night.  Miss hanging out with you guys.  

Jeepinjoe...that's pretty incredible stuff.  Thanks for sharing!

Link Posted: 6/20/2020 1:00:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Just now.  Lone boar at 115m.  212 lbs.  45in girth.  42 in ears to base of tail

Raining good btw

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/20/2020 1:30:30 AM EDT
[#24]
On a good sounder now 200m but lightning all over

98% humidity moderate rain.  Thermal conditions are shit

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/20/2020 2:26:00 AM EDT
[#25]
1.6km. Thru a freshly plowed field after an inch of rain....F me!  Got 2 let the others run.  Saw another sounder of 20ish. On the hike back.   Next week!Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 8:55:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Nice job, bull! That's a nice boar. This stuff never gets old lol.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 12:27:21 PM EDT
[#27]
I need help with a purchase decision

Sale expires the 26th
This is probably the top end of my budget
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 12:59:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I need help with a purchase decision

Sale expires the 26th
This is probably the top end of my budget
View Quote

Those were $2999 back in February I think.

Should probably get it before the price goes up even more.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 1:06:14 PM EDT
[#29]
I tried the 240 fps setting on the gopro. Even with a LA-5 UHP for the illuminator there just wasn’t enough IR light for it to turn out like I wanted. You can see the bullet heading down range though. I had to play it on .25 speed on youtube for it to go that slow though.

Link Posted: 6/20/2020 4:47:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Who has a Large Ops Core FAST bump in stock? Tan preferably
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 6:01:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Culling deer over soybeans on depredation permit. Trying out the side shot hero 7, S&B 1-8 short dot and CNVD-LR on 300 BO subsonic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynrkE5faJs4
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynrkE5faJs4
Where is the hero 7 mounted at?

Quoted:I tried the 240 fps setting on the gopro. Even with a LA-5 UHP for the illuminator there just wasn't enough IR light for it to turn out like I wanted. You can see the bullet heading down range though. I had to play it on .25 speed on youtube for it to go that slow though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8gTqXtSPP4
I get there is a problem with IR light but that bullet was cool as hell
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 9:02:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Legit?
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 9:16:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Legit?
View Quote

@SurtrsFire lol
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 9:40:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Legit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Legit?

Larry is legit and he had some in stock two weeks ago.  Don’t know if he does now
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Nice job, bull! That's a nice boar. This stuff never gets old lol.
View Quote
Thanks, great drone footage btw.  Im jelly
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 10:09:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

@SurtrsFire lol
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/20/2020 10:14:47 PM EDT
[#37]
NVM
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/20/2020 10:28:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Thanks! Headed out again right now. Hope we can get some kill footage. I'm friggin tired but redbull will get me goin lol
View Quote
good luck
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 10:40:07 PM EDT
[#39]

Did I miss the joke?
Is that a yes?
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 10:56:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Did I miss the joke?
Is that a yes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Did I miss the joke?
Is that a yes?

He’s had a nortos Mount on order from OTN for what seems like 3 or 4 months.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 8:57:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Thanks! Headed out again right now. Hope we can get some kill footage. I'm friggin tired but redbull will get me goin lol
View Quote
You get anything?
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#42]
nvm
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/21/2020 11:23:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

He’s had a nortos Mount on order from OTN for what seems like 3 or 4 months.
View Quote

they keep telling me "any day now" "norotos just shipped it" "its on the way" "here it comes" shit like that....just ship it already or fucking refund me.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 11:32:44 AM EDT
[#44]

bull, what handheld thermal is that in the upper left corner of your loadout?
and the one rifle-mounted too?
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

bull, what handheld thermal is that in the upper left corner of your loadout?
and the one rifle-mounted too?
View Quote

Nvision atlas, Flir pts223
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#46]
@bullf-16
@dfarm
@shelbysguns

Link Posted: 6/21/2020 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

they keep telling me "any day now" "norotos just shipped it" "its on the way" "here it comes" shit like that....just ship it already or fucking refund me.
View Quote

Have you asked for a refund?  He’s one of the largest Wilcox dealers in the US and also a large gentex dealer but I don’t know about nortos.  With lots of manufacturers you can choose to have partial shipments vs waiting until the entire order is ready.  Lots of times they just get a shipping notice and don’t really know what’s in the box until it arrives.  Still annoying AF though and doesn’t help you.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#48]

Well. How's it work?
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Have you asked for a refund?  He’s one of the largest Wilcox dealers in the US and also a large gentex dealer but I don’t know about nortos.  With lots of manufacturers you can choose to have partial shipments vs waiting until the entire order is ready.  Lots of times they just get a shipping notice and don’t really know what’s in the box until it arrives.  Still annoying AF though and doesn’t help you.
View Quote

at this point i just want to see how long it actually takes for them to get it to me.
Page / 231
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top