BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:51:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Dems will blame Trump.  The republicans will resort with the truth which has an uphill battle since even CNN was pushing the bullshit that “the republicans have control so why is it Schumer’s fault”.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@dreiwhit

Thank you for taking the time to explain it.  Appreciated

Wasn't aware the majority was that slim, nor the ease with which the Dems could unblock the "shutdown", were it not for them holding the nation to ransom.

Will this cost the Dems votes or all they going to go all out and blame it on Trump?
The Dems will blame Trump.  The republicans will resort with the truth which has an uphill battle since even CNN was pushing the bullshit that “the republicans have control so why is it Schumer’s fault”.
The fake news agenda again.

I really dislike CNN
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:55:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I really dislike CNN
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@dreiwhit

Wasn't aware the majority was that slim, nor the ease with which the Dems could unblock the "shutdown", were it not for them holding the nation to ransom.

Will this cost the Dems votes or all they going to go all out and blame it on Trump?

I really dislike CNN
There’s a pretty good video of a CNN reporter getting schooled by the press secretary over this very thing.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 10:00:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There’s a pretty good video of a CNN reporter getting schooled by the press secretary over this very thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@dreiwhit

I really dislike CNN
I've seen a few in the various threads.

Is it Sarah Huckabee?
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
http://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6yrdogPrj1rziwwco1_500.gif

Let me hear your sob story below this line.

Link Posted: 1/21/2018 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Is it Sarah Huckabee?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@dreiwhit

I really dislike CNN

Is it Sarah Huckabee?
Mulvaney battles Acosta over shutdown blame
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 10:14:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

@dreiwhit

View All Quotes
Quoted:

@dreiwhit

You're most welcome!  Anytime!

They're going to do their best to blame Trump and the rest of the Republicans.  But, many people know why this shutdown is occurring and who is causing it.  The liberal news media is trying to spin it, but they are having to do it very carefully.

I just saw on Fox News that Luis Guitterez, one of the hard line, pro-illegal alien senators, made a statement that he wouldn't be opposed to tying DACA to a border wall.  So cracks are starting to appear in the democrat's wall.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So, I'm A "FUCK STICK" and I'm on "paid vacation?"  Keeping it classy, OP.

Yep, illegal aliens still have to be processed, prosecuted and sent back, even during a "government shutdown."  The fact that I might not get a paycheck for the next whatever time, but my bills aren't going to get shut down and still have to be paid is immaterial, right?
View Quote
You're right, I painted with a broad brush with that statement and my apologies to those hard working government employees.
That said, I know too many "fucksticks" that work for the Feds.  I get tired of hearing "I don't do shit and I can't be fired, what a great job".
Sadly, some of those are retired military but I actually give them a pass because of their 20 years of service to our country and the shit pay
the received during that time.  They're friends of mine but I still don't like hearing about the culture of being untouchable.

This is one of those posts that didn't go the way the OP expected.  I was making fun of a federal system that has gone ape shit out of control.  
However, after reading so many posts from federal employees it is quite clear that many of you take your jobs for granted.  One thing I
know for sure, 97% of DC voted for Hillary, that is a pretty telling picture of how dependent people have become of our Federal over lords.
Our 10th amendment has been decimated.  Our country is 20 trillion in debt and these fucking traitors, known as politicians, are using each
and every citizen (and non citizen) as pawns in their struggle for power.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 11:25:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You're right, I painted with a broad brush with that statement and my apologies to those hard working government employees.
That said, I know too many "fucksticks" that work for the Feds.  I get tired of hearing "I don't do shit and I can't be fired, what a great job".
Sadly, some of those are retired military but I actually give them a pass because of their 20 years of service to our country and the shit pay
the received during that time.  They're friends of mine but I still don't like hearing about the culture of being untouchable.

This is one of those posts that didn't go the way the OP expected.  I was making fun of a federal system that has gone ape shit out of control.  
However, after reading so many posts from federal employees it is quite clear that many of you take your jobs for granted.  One thing I
know for sure, 97% of DC voted for Hillary, that is a pretty telling picture of how dependent people have become of our Federal over lords.
Our 10th amendment has been decimated.  Our country is 20 trillion in debt and these fucking traitors, known as politicians, are using each
and every citizen (and non citizen) as pawns in their struggle for power.
View Quote
First off it was 90%.  Secondly, how many of the federal employees do you think live in DC itself?
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 11:28:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No it wouldn't.
There's a difference between running efficiently and gutting, which you're apparently in favor of.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would be glorious.  Let's have some fun, add your fantasy scenario.
No it wouldn't.
There's a difference between running efficiently and gutting, which you're apparently in favor of.
While I agree that guttining most agencies would be detrimental to efficient operation, some organizations have been stacked with leftist ideologues for light pruning to be effective.  Do you really believe that a 5-10% reduction in headcount at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Will make any difference in their hard left agenda there?
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 11:39:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
While I agree that guttining most agencies would be detrimental to efficient operation, some organizations have been stacked with leftist ideologues for light pruning to be effective.  Do you really believe that a 5-10% reduction in headcount at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Will make any difference in their hard left agenda there?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it wouldn't.
No amount of culling will change the balance of an organization.  What we need to be talking about is reducing the scope of the federal government.  Why does that organization that we lived without for a couple of centuries even need to exist?  Why are states' Attorneys General not protecting consumers?
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 12:20:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep, At work, with no paycheck.... Was told we may get paid, but we have to be at work.

First 15 minutes on shift...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 12:21:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
At Offutt the guys that do the inspections on the jets are civilians that are not essential since it can be delayed.  Should we never inspect the planes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bravo!

Does this shut down mean that only “essential services” are funded?

Good, isn’t that the way it should be?  Let’s make it permanent.
At Offutt the guys that do the inspections on the jets are civilians that are not essential since it can be delayed.  Should we never inspect the planes?
You know damn well the military is an essential service, and I don’t agree with using civilians to maintain military aircraft. As tech advisors, yes but not as the primary maintainers.

If you’re in now you’re not old enough to remember it, but under Jimmy Carter the military missed two paydays, and that money was never made up. The “we aren’t paying the military” is grandstanding bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You know damn well the military is an essential service, and I don’t gret  As tech advisors, yes but not as the primary maintainers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bravo!

Does this shut down mean that only “essential services” are funded?

Good, isn’t that the way it should be?  Let’s make it permanent.
You know damn well the military is an essential service, and I don’t gret  As tech advisors, yes but not as the primary maintainers.
Yet they are "non-essential personnel" and your first post was about keeping non-essential personnel furloughed for good.

And why wouldn't you have your heavy maintenance be civilian personnel?  They are cheaper than an equivalent enlisted member and all the work is done at home station so there's no need to have them deployable.

ETA:  As for your edited add, it is true that in recent history that is a correct statement.  However, until there is a signed bill providing for the back pay it's only a belief.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 1:04:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

FERS employees retiring before 50 with a full pension?  How does that work?
View Quote
This I would love to know too, I want in on that train.  Fucking tons of ignorant ass fucks around here.  Also I can do no work and not get written up which can lead to me being fired?  Shiiiieet ive been doing it wrong.

Shit man one bad ice comment could fuck my shit up.  More than 2 (I think) in a rated period and im looking at actions.  And all it takes for someone to give a bad ice comment is filling out a form, putting my name in it, and hitting submit because I didnt coddle their balls while helping them.  Or more often than not ive seen people get bad comments for something they didn't even have part in, just because someone was given bad info.

But Govt employees have no accountability and cant be fired right guyz?!?!? Right?
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 1:11:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Tell me about it
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#16]
.gov (STATE) employee here, I still have to go to work tonight, essential employee. Sure would like a paid, unofficial vacation.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yep, At work, with no paycheck.... Was told we may get paid, but we have to be at work.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/269478/20180121_083825_resized-427052.JPG
View Quote
And that's why we don't let the troops work on cars in the barracks parking lot.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Is it Sarah Huckabee?
View Quote
Left doesn’t like her very much Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:57:36 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it Sarah Huckabee?
Left doesn’t like her very much https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/B3289DE5-5D5D-452A-BE37-FA5FB0756627-427226.JPG
Nobody is as anti-women or anti-minority as the left when there is a successful republican woman or minority.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Never mind, its the weekend, it always shuts down on the weekend.  However, what would be glorious, is to have these fuck sticks come back in the future, only to find, that while they were taking their paid vacation, Trump did some down sizing.

Oh, I'm sorry we've cut the EPA by 90% and you're not part of the 10%.

"You worked for the department of education?  Yeah, well we shit canned that department, I'm sure you will be able to find something in the private sector for about half the pay and BTW you will have to be on Obamacare... sucker."

"Department of energy? Yup its gone too but I hear they're looking for truck drivers in North Dakota, ya got any experience driving big rigs?  Yeah yeah I know the DOT has more regulations than a bird has feathers, don't worry we slashed the shit out of that agency too, you won't have any problems now, just don't let any of those riggers know where you came from.  One last thing, you better learn how to drink Budweiser."

"Mr. Rodriguez, I see you worked for the BLM...bummer, we gave control of that land back to the states.  That's the good news, the bad news is we did some checking on you and it looks like you have a false SS and you are actually here illegally.  Sorry, you're going back.  We've taken the liberty of packing your belongings, they're on that bus, it leaves in 10 minutes, be on it."

View Quote
Must be a fantasy because firing people from the government doesn't work that way
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/269478/20180121_083825_resized-427052.JPG
View Quote
Hose draggers...
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:11:50 PM EDT
[#22]
If you’re storing any toxic shit, I would dump it now.
Also, the market usually loves this kind of thing.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:22:00 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it Sarah Huckabee?
Left doesn’t like her very much https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/B3289DE5-5D5D-452A-BE37-FA5FB0756627-427226.JPG
I remember when SNL used to be a comedy show.

Now it's just bile thinly disguised as comedy to mask the venom.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:36:28 PM EDT
[#24]
OP thinks all fed employees are vultures .
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 4:53:48 PM EDT
[#25]
If the Gov employees are going to be paid for the time that they are furloughed then why aren't they working now?
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If the Gov employees are going to be paid for the time that they are furloughed then why aren't they working now?
View Quote
We are working if we are essential and its the government they make no damn sense.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 5:06:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Today will be like any other Sunday for an essential like me.  Business as usual.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top