BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:19:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The NSA monitoring politicians and the establishment using any found details to their advantage isn't much of a leap
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If anything Obama brought to light what could be done with executive orders and judicial appointments. The next President could reshape the Supreme Court for the next 30 years. Remember all those 5/4 votes that went our way. Well, that could easily be reversed.

IT's been done. Roberts. NSA. something hanging over him...

Conspiratorial nonsense used to support more conspiratorial nonsense?  Yeah, that's been done plenty.

The NSA monitoring politicians and the establishment using any found details to their advantage isn't much of a leap

Like I said, conspiratorial nonsense being used to support conspiratorial nonsense.  There's no evidence of the NSA spying politicians to begin with, let alone solid enough evidence to support the leap you say isn't that big.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:20:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh, if only true Barry.  What great things you would do with one more term.  I'm sure, you piece of shit.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:21:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ive got nothing to say that wouldnt earn me a visit by the secret service , so . . . . FBHO

View Quote

I swear I dont know how they are willing to take a bullet for that fucker.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ive got nothing to say that wouldnt earn me a visit by the secret service , so . . . . FBHO

I'm going with same reason people are willing to serve in the military with him as their CinC.  Respect for the US and the office of the President.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:27:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If the election was tomorrow I don't think he would win against Trump.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He'd win a third, I have no doubt.  Why?  Because the libs will always lib.

If the election was tomorrow I don't think he would win against Trump.

LOL wut?  Yes, he would win against Donald Trump.   The polls are not perfect and we do tend to put too much faith in them, but they aren't that wrong.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:29:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is their job.   And they protect the stability of the government - even when voters make very disappointing decisions.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:30:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought we had a king and we threw him out  230 year ago
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:32:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Too bad he can't do it.  There are rules for a reason.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:37:56 AM EDT
[#9]
He is probably right.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:38:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, he could steal a third term like he did the second one!
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:41:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I wonder how many people here had thoughts that would get them in big trouble if they typed them out when they read this topic. I am betting I know what would happen if he figured out a way into a third term. Now as for will he actually get a third term??? I have to think the under the table agreement with Hillary was let him have 2 terms and then it is her turn. And I hate to even think about it but it could be that Trump is setting it up to happen by being a third party spoiler.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Additionally, what would stop him from "suspending" the Constitution due to some sort of national "emergency " and imposing martial law indefinitely? Third term +......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He could have his third term.  Congress could repeal the term limits for POTUS.

He doesn't care about laws or constitutionality of things. Why he hasn't declared himself supreme ruler for life yet (he's probably got a better title in mind, though) I'm not entirely sure.

Additionally, what would stop him from "suspending" the Constitution due to some sort of national "emergency " and imposing martial law indefinitely? Third term +......

Right, this was the same exact line libtards were saying about Bush during his second term. He isn't staying and you can bet on it. With Obamacare in place he's already got the means to get even more people on the dole of the government. It looks like the repubs will cave on immigration. He'll have safely changed the electorate enough to ensure democratic wins for decades. He'll be the first president to make a billion dollars in speaking fees.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

His poll numbers among the dead, mentally incompetent (his biggest voting block) and those without any form of ID are off the charts.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He is a piece of shit, but he is correct there, if allowed by law to run for a third term, he would win by roughly the same margins he did in the last 2 elections.

FBHO

His poll numbers among the dead, mentally incompetent (his biggest voting block) and those without any form of ID are off the charts.  
The dead and illegals vote multiple times for Obama.  Ballot stuffing also works

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:01:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Boehner would NOT lead the charge to impeach him in a jiffy he tried to pull that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see an executive order coming.

Boehner would NOT lead the charge to impeach him in a jiffy he tried to pull that

fify
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:01:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Conspiratorial nonsense used to support more conspiratorial nonsense?  Yeah, that's been done plenty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately he could.
Its the state of mind in this country now.
We better win 2016.

If anything Obama brought to light what could be done with executive orders and judicial appointments. The next President could reshape the Supreme Court for the next 30 years. Remember all those 5/4 votes that went our way. Well, that could easily be reversed.

Occum's hatchet. Twice the Obama screamed and threatened in public about ruling against Obamacare. Twice Roberts sided against his conservative bona fides after the public threats. Common core math says something is going on here...
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#16]
His narcissism is only matched by his ineptitude.

Oh and the sad part is he is probably right.

FBHO
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Too bad he can't do it.  There are rules for a reason.
View Quote

For a convenience, when they work to your advantage. Otherwise, illegal alien crime spree...
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:08:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I could see his wife the Wookie running .
View Quote

I have been saying this for a while, I would not be surprised to find out this is being discussed behind closed doors.

ETA: Regardless of Michelle runs or not, I have a feeling that Zero is not going to go away quietly. He is going to co-president one way or the other. There will be an "office of the former president" podium and lots of media airtime. He will probably get more air time then who ever replaces him in the WH will get, especially if a Republican wins.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I have been saying this for a while, I would not be surprised to find out this is being discussed behind closed doors.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I could see his wife the Wookie running .

Hope Solo should be her running mate.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

He doesn't need dead voters. If you interact with a lot of the general population on a regular basis you'll understand that people are actually that stupid
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
he would, There are a lot more dead voters to use.

He doesn't need dead voters. If you interact with a lot of the general population on a regular basis you'll understand that people are actually that stupid

Yep, go read the comments sections in Huffpo or Vox articles. They worship him like a god.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

uh. no they can't not all by themselves.

Look it up.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Look it up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look it up.

It's all part of the "they don't obey the law so they can do whatever they want" derp.  It makes you wonder why they would even bother having an election if they were just going to do that.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#23]
I'd almost bet that most people would go about their lives as usual if he were to weasel his way into a 3rd term.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'd almost bet that most people would go about their lives as usual if he were to weasel his way into a 3rd term.
View Quote

Pretty much. There would be a lot of whining on the internet though
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:31:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

President Obama told the African Union Tuesday that he felt he has been a "pretty good” president and if he were allowed to run for a third term, he’d probably be victorious.

Obama made the remarks while criticizing leaders on the continent who wouldn’t step aside at the conclusion of their terms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA6IEH3xsPU

http://freebeacon.com/politics/obama-im-a-pretty-good-president-and-if-i-ran-for-a-third-term-i-could-win/
View Quote
The man is a moron.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:32:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
President Obama told the African Union Tuesday that he felt he has been a “pretty good” president and if he were allowed to run for a third term, he’d probably be victorious.

Obama made the remarks while criticizing leaders on the continent who wouldn’t step aside at the conclusion of their terms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA6IEH3xsPU

http://freebeacon.com/politics/obama-im-a-pretty-good-president-and-if-i-ran-for-a-third-term-i-could-win/
View Quote

Four more years of free shit for The Kenyan.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:33:52 AM EDT
[#27]
He's right.  He could win a 3rd term.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#28]
He probably would.  Obama vs Jeb and Obama would win in a landslide.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:34:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

No they can't. Congress can't amend the constitution on their own. At least not yet. Given their recent track record, I wouldnt' put it past them to try to legislatively delegate powers even they don't have to the president.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:39:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Boehner would go along with it...With a tear in his eye..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boehner would go along with it...With a tear in his eye..

Uh No. It would require an amendment to the Constitution to repeal the term limit set in the 1940s. It ain`t going to happen.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:45:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Like I said, conspiratorial nonsense being used to support conspiratorial nonsense.  There's no evidence of the NSA spying politicians to begin with, let alone solid enough evidence to support the leap you say isn't that big.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A) Thanks to Snowden, whatever you may think of him, we know the NSA collects data on as many people as they can all the time they aren't going to filter out traffic just for lawmakers and judges.

B) NSA, CIA same shit different pile
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/31/cia-admits-spying-senate-staffers
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

A) Thanks to Snowden, whatever you may think of him, we know the NSA collects data on as many people as they can all the time they aren't going to filter out traffic just for lawmakers and judges.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A)No, we actually don't.
B)The CIA gathered information from computers which they provided to staffers.  A violation, yes, but not what you're making it out to be.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:26:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Yeah, sure...FBHO.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:39:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Thank God for the 22nd Amendment....
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:39:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That pesky 22nd Amendment.  
Good luck getting 3/4 of the States to ratify an amendment you buttheaded fucker.
View Quote

At the rate he's going,  he may try to executive order himself a 3rd term...
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:41:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That pesky 22nd Amendment.  
Good luck getting 3/4 of the States to ratify an amendment you buttheaded fucker.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#38]
In the early 20th Century, it took a Constitutional amendment for the fedgov to outlaw alcohol.

Then Congress created the FDA.

Was there any Constitutional amendment passed to outlaw marijuana or opium?  No, the FDA classified them as a controlled substances.  No amendment EVER needed again.

What about what we currently see wrt machineguns?  Read through Nolo's thread, and you'll see the debates from Congress when the NFA was passed in 1934.  Now, the BATFE makes up their own definitions and enforces those at the point of a gun.

The Rule of Law as layed out in the Constitution is DEAD, and has been for quite awhile.

With all the other ignoring of the defintions of words going on, how difficult would it be for Obama to find a judge willing to change definitions to allow him to run again?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:04:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Its hard to say if he would win.  He barely won the last election, and as a sitting president that shows a pretty weak ability.  The economy, and his approval ratings were in a much different place then, so he might fair a bit better, but you actually have to run a campaign and a lot of shit happens.

His comments were directly attacking the current president of Burundi, who just got elected to a third term despite it being unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#40]
And another Nobel Prize for his Iran dealio.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#41]
And you could have a giant cactus shoved up your ass too cock gobbling bastard son of a drunken communist.

FBHO.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

He speaks the truth.
View Quote
So you think he is a pretty good president??  Maybe qualify your statement?

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
In the early 20th Century, it took a Constitutional amendment for the fedgov to outlaw alcohol.

Was there any Constitutional amendment passed to outlaw marijuana or opium?  No, the FDA classified them as a controlled substances.  No amendment EVER needed again.

What about what we currently see wrt machineguns?  Read through Nolo's thread, and you'll see the debates from Congress when the NFA was passed in 1934.  Now, the BATFE makes up their own definitions and enforces those at the point of a gun.

The Rule of Law as layed out in the Constitution is DEAD, and has been for quite awhile.

With all the other ignoring of the defintions of words going on, how difficult would it be for Obama to find a judge willing to change definitions to allow him to run again?
View Quote

Big Important Note: I'm not disagreeing with your conclusion, that an amendment is needed to ban drugs.

Your argument is based on a faulty premise.  The existence of the 18th Amendment is not proof that an amendment was required to ban alcohol.  An amendment is more difficult to repeal than a law, which means amendments can be used as super-laws, effectively, if an idea currently has widespread support but it is feared that support will go away.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:46:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

A)No, we actually don't.
B)The CIA gathered information from computers which they provided to staffers.  A violation, yes, but not what you're making it out to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A)No, we actually don't.

https://www.eff.org/nsa-spying/how-it-works

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/in-nsa-intercepted-data-those-not-targeted-far-outnumber-the-foreigners-who-are/2014/07/05/8139adf8-045a-11e4-8572-4b1b969b6322_story.html

https://www.rt.com/usa/310906-nsa-delete-surveillance-records/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He speaks the truth.

Don't be pedantic, you know what he meant.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A)No, we actually don't.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/in-nsa-intercepted-data-those-not-targeted-far-outnumber-the-foreigners-who-are/2014/07/05/8139adf8-045a-11e4-8572-4b1b969b6322_story.html

Yes, I'm aware.  I have a program which periodically downloads all of the releases from the EFF.  None of what you posted actually supports the claim you made.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:54:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yes, I'm aware.  I have a program which periodically downloads all of the releases from the EFF.  None of what you posted actually supports the claim you made.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A)No, we actually don't.

My claim: "we know the NSA collects data on as many people as they can" is heavily supported by all of those links re: bulk collection of phone and IP traffic.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

My claim: "we know the NSA collects data on as many people as they can" is heavily supported by all of those links re. bulk collection of phone and IP traffic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My claim: "we know the NSA collects data on as many people as they can" is heavily supported by all of those links re. bulk collection of phone and IP traffic.

Not really.  Do some digging into what's actually been leaked, not what Greenwald and the tech-illiterate journalists claim they mean.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Would not be surprised at all if the legislation is already in the works, and backdoor deals already in play to get it passed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would not be surprised at all if the legislation is already in the works, and backdoor deals already in play to get it passed.

Actually. There's a bill that gets submitted almost every year for that.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Big Important Note: I'm not disagreeing with your conclusion, that an amendment is needed to ban drugs.

Your argument is based on a faulty premise.  The existence of the 18th Amendment is not proof that an amendment was required to ban alcohol.  An amendment is more difficult to repeal than a law, which means amendments can be used as super-laws, effectively, if an idea currently has widespread support but it is feared that support will go away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Under the thinking during the time it was passed, because there was no power delegated to fedgov in the Constitution, fedgov did not have the power to ban alcohol nationwide.  Therefore, the only way to do it was by Amendment.  

That was why I also mentioned the NFA as there is ample info on this very site to go over how even those who desperately wanted to get rid of something viewed the restrictions on their power to do so.

Thse were also in the pre-Wickard v Filburn Commerce Clause is All Powerful days.
Page / 4
Top Top