Link Posted: 8/25/2015 4:17:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Quebec
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 4:21:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Southern Ohio.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 4:28:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I hate NY even more than I hate Massachusetts.

Sucks being stuck behind enemy lines.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:46:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck you Maryland. Fuck you.
View Quote

Quote for truth.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 6:09:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Maryland
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 6:10:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't care for Louisiana at all.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 6:11:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

IMO South Jersey and North Jersey are like  2 different states.

I hate everything about North Jersey.

South Jersey ain't all bad
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New Jersey.

IMO South Jersey and North Jersey are like  2 different states.

I hate everything about North Jersey.

South Jersey ain't all bad

I'm front South Jersey. They're  the same, try getting out of the car.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 6:18:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Probably in the country
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
PA

You guys have the worst roads.

Probably in the country

New Mexico has terrible roads.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 6:23:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Oklahoma. They are almost as annoying as Texans. At least Texas has someone to be proud of.

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 6:25:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
PA

You guys have the worst roads.
View Quote

That's intentional to keep the ricers with gum band tires off the roads.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 6:25:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Texas...
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 6:29:55 AM EDT
[#12]
NY it is...
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:51:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That is odd, now that you mention it. I'd never really thought about it before.

Is there anything worth fighting over? We could probably roll a few tanks in and claim it as our own in a weekend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know, talking about borders and such got me to remembering that I was looking at a map last night and it struck me as odd that Maine and just that whole New England area have a mighty queer border with Canada.

Doesn't it seem natural that the St. Lawrence river would form a more natural boundary betwixt us and our neighbors to the north and that Nova Scotia and New Brunswick should be a part of the Continental US?

Just a puzzlement...

http://www.northeastcruiseguide.com/images/Maps/Northeast_maps.gif

Is there anything worth fighting over? We could probably roll a few tanks in and claim it as our own in a weekend.

Have some reading:

Northeastern Border dispute

The claim on that website is the vague wording of the 1783 Treaty of Paris and unexplored areas on the northeastern border lead to both sides claiming different areas as the border up into the 1800s (including a weird little dispute called the Aroostook War), and the border was finally decided by (no shit) the King of the Netherlands.

So, I learned something cool today thanks to a "shit on your neighbor" thread in GD.  That's pretty neat.  

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:50:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Ontario.

Fuck you Canadiens!
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Ohio.

Asshole cops and every fucken road in the state is constantly under construction.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:54:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Kansas.

I was born and raised there. It's a boring, shitty state with nothing going for it. Its sole claim to fame is that it borders a state as awesome as Colorado.

Runner up would be Oklahoma. I feel like that doesn't even warrant an explanation. It's Oklahoma. That's reason enough.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:54:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Maryland
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Have some reading:

The claim on that website is the vague wording of the 1783 Treaty of Paris and unexplored areas on the northeastern border lead to both sides claiming different areas as the border up into the 1800s (including a weird little dispute called the Aroostook War), and the border was finally decided by (no shit) the King of the Netherlands.

So, I learned something cool today thanks to a "shit on your neighbor" thread in GD.  That's pretty neat.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know, talking about borders and such got me to remembering that I was looking at a map last night and it struck me as odd that Maine and just that whole New England area have a mighty queer border with Canada.

Doesn't it seem natural that the St. Lawrence river would form a more natural boundary betwixt us and our neighbors to the north and that Nova Scotia and New Brunswick should be a part of the Continental US?

Just a puzzlement...

Have some reading:

LOL No shit!  A joke turned into a history lesson and an interesting one at that!
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 1:27:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Oklahoma Sucks!
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 1:28:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
LOL No shit!  A joke turned into a history lesson and an interesting one at that!
View Quote

I was a history major.  When someone asks why something is the way it is, I feel a compulsion to start looking into it.  

I thought it was interesting.  Glad I'm not the only one.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 1:29:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Ohio.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Ontario.

Fuck you Canadiens!
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 1:44:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Illinois, no contest.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 1:58:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 2:01:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Chihuahua. It used to be fun to visit Juarez.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 2:02:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Maryland since DC isnt a state
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 2:08:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Kalifornistan
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Have some reading:

View Quote

I checked back today just to see if someone did the legwork for me.

74novaman FTMFW!

I haven't read it yet....but I vote frontal assault.

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Ohio.

Asshole cops and every fucken road in the state is constantly under construction.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Yeah, Ohio is a Nazi state, with OSP running the Reichstag. 5mph over=10 years in a prison camp.
It's a PITA.

But you're on the East side.

Come on over, and witness the annual onslaught of fucktardation, that is Fudgie season on the West side.

FOB's are like annoying family members you avoid at reunions, but will still show up to help you clean up, after a bad storm.
FIB's will fucking loot.

Fuck Illinois!
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 3:40:53 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm in Florida... we're bordered by Georgia and Alabama. Both have their goods and bads. But both are "bad". Well, except for the whole income tax... that fucking sucks cock.

I'd say the State I'd hate the most..... Texas. The State itself is fantastic.... but sweet fucking Jesus!

The ego of Texans is annoying. Texas isn't special. You were a failed independent country that joined the Union to get out of debt. You copied the Republic of Florida's Flag for your own Bonnie Blue. And lastly, Texas was formed through illegal immigration. Americans illegally moving into a Mexican Province and then changing the way things were run because it wasn't like home.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a puzzlement...

Absolutely. I'd personally join the fight, for a piece of the PEI giant tuna fishery.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm in Florida... we're bordered by Georgia and Alabama. Both have their goods and bads. But both are "bad". Well, except for the whole income tax... that fucking sucks cock.

I'd say the State I'd hate the most..... Texas. The State itself is fantastic.... but sweet fucking Jesus!

The ego of Texans is annoying. Texas isn't special. You were a failed independent country that joined the Union to get out of debt. You copied the Republic of Florida's Flag for your own Bonnie Blue. And lastly, Texas was formed through illegal immigration. Americans illegally moving into a Mexican Province and then changing the way things were run because it wasn't like home.
View Quote

Oh snap! Dibs on guns, ammo, and Mrs JBT!

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
False,  Moses Austin paved their way through negotiation with the Spanish Texan Governor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

False,  Moses Austin paved their way through negotiation with the Spanish Texan Governor.

The deal was an awarded a land grant and permission to settle three hundred families in Texas in 1824. But with more and more Americans moving into Texas; President Anastasio Bustamante implemented the Laws of April 6, 1830, which, among other things, prohibited further immigration to Texas from the United States, increased taxes, and reiterated the ban on slavery. Settlers simply circumvented or ignored the laws. By 1834, an estimated 30,000 Anglos lived in Coahuila y Tejas, compared to only 7,800 Mexican-born residents.

Texas was settled through illegal immigration.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Hmmm, that's tough, I generally like all the states that surround Ohio.

I guess I'll pick Indiana since everything but Brown County is ugly, flat, and looks like a truck stop. It's a hard call to make, all my extended family is there, but they know it's a boring assed state.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#37]
NJ, although NY is pretty close
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#38]
People's Republic of Maryland
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:11:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Michigan obviously.

Much Fichigan.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I don't really dislike any of them.

Indiana
Michigan
Pennsylvania
West Virginia
Kentucky

Indiana is the least interesting of them, if you're making me pick one to say something mean about.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:19:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
MA, fucking obviously lol
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I don't care for Louisiana at all.
View Quote

Good, keep your ass on your side of the border
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:58:45 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Since I can't really say philly (even though nobody in PA considers them part of the state except for leeching off our taxes) I'm going with NY.

Upstate and western NYS are fine, but the assholes who live in NYC metro ruin it for all of you.

What say you for your state and your border states?

View Quote

Definitely Canada. If you are going to try to say that's not a state, then definitely Quebec.

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:00:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Nevada.  Because they no longer recognize my Utah permit.

Plus, they voted in Harry Reid.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:06:38 PM EDT
[#46]
From Missouri. Hate kansas. Self explanatory.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Maryland since DC isnt a state
View Quote

I'll allow DC into consideration on waivers
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#48]
I just moved from Iowa City to Denver and the Answer is the same.

Three guesses.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Toss up between NY and NJ I think
View Quote

Both
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:55:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top