Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 393
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"Flacco as a life preserver" doesn't make much sense to me unless the idea was to field an anemic offense and a dominant defense
, but that idea hasn't gotten Baltimore very far in the last several years. They need to find a franchise QB, and Flacco ain't it.

Only one team has ever started 0-4 and made the playoffs, and there are too many other teams in front of them. The odds of them getting in this year are so slim, they're non-existent. Again, neither me nor the guy who wrote that article I linked are saying a blow up tank job is the answer. They need to build around their core. But guys like Sanders and Harris have more value as trade assets at this point in their careers/contracts. They are part of Denver's past, not the future.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Close only counts to a point. 0-4 is 0-4, they share a division with the Chiefs and Chargers, and there's a shitload of .500 teams in front of them in the AFC. This season is done.

The flip side is, they have enough young talent on the roster that they can build around that instead of going full Dolphin-tard and blowing it up.

Flacco was never the right answer. The news Denver was trading for him was met with universal laughter for a reason. Average is more or less the best case scenario for him. It's ironic that a HoF QB can't successfully draft or trade for a quality QB, but that's what we're seeing.

Fangio and the defense is far more confusing. I was not happy with the news that Denver got him, and I figured he could field a serious defensive unit with the talent Denver has. The only plausible excuse I can imagine for that defense struggling is time to adapt to a new system/scheme. But with Chubb out and Harris literally counting the games until he's done, I don't see them locking it down any time this year.
Of course he wasn't. IMO, anyone who thought that Denver acquired him to be "the answer" needs to go take a drug test. Denver struck out on every QB they took a swing on. They were drowning and they got Flacco as a life preserver to keep their head afloat while they reassessed their situation. When it came to knowing what you were gonna get, out of the group of QB's available at the time, Flacco was clearly the guy with the least amount of questions.

It is kind of amazing that Elway has struck out on QB talent. You would think he would know it what it takes, but I guess that is a different skill than actually having the skills to be great. Or maybe it just means the QB is a lot less important than most fans and analysts give them credit for and that the team and coaching plays so much more into it. Fuck if I know.

You're probably right that Denver isn't making a comeback from this start, but who knows. They have been in close games, the talent is there, I don't see any reason to start worrying or blowing up the team. Just keep working on improving.

"Flacco as a life preserver" doesn't make much sense to me unless the idea was to field an anemic offense and a dominant defense
, but that idea hasn't gotten Baltimore very far in the last several years. They need to find a franchise QB, and Flacco ain't it.

Only one team has ever started 0-4 and made the playoffs, and there are too many other teams in front of them. The odds of them getting in this year are so slim, they're non-existent. Again, neither me nor the guy who wrote that article I linked are saying a blow up tank job is the answer. They need to build around their core. But guys like Sanders and Harris have more value as trade assets at this point in their careers/contracts. They are part of Denver's past, not the future.
They stuck half crippled Manning back there to do just enough to get that epic defense to a SB, so it's clearly not an idea that can be taken off the table. Especially with hiring Vic Fangio, all signs kinda point to a focus on the defense.

I'm not sure I'd call their offense anemic either. IMO, it's average. Nothing overly special, not terrible either. That is exactly what Flacco brings vs. some of the other QB talent they had previously. They could have rolled the dice on some of the other QB's out there, but I really don't think they could continue to risk that.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If I'm the Vikings GM, the very last guy I want Diggs catching passes from is Aaron Rodgers. I would absolutely take less in trade value to get him out of the division, and preferably, out of the conference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd be on board with GB going after Diggs in a trade.
If I'm the Vikings GM, the very last guy I want Diggs catching passes from is Aaron Rodgers. I would absolutely take less in trade value to get him out of the division, and preferably, out of the conference.
My suggestion to ship him off to the Pats makes even more sense
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 5:59:07 PM EDT
[#3]
MLB playoffs have started.  Relative to how many games each season is their one game playoffs would be the equivalent of an NFL playoff game lasting about 6 minutes.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 7:52:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Stephen A's dumbass click bait take of the day, losing Ghost means the Patriots can no longer beat the Chiefs.

They could beat them last week with a struggling kicker who was playing hurt, but replacing him this week with a healthy kicker means game over, no Super Bowl.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Stephen A's dumbass click bait take of the day, losing Ghost means the Patriots can no longer beat the Chiefs.

They could beat them last week with a struggling kicker who was playing hurt, but replacing him this week with a healthy kicker means game over, no Super Bowl.
View Quote
*fast forward to the AFC Championship game*

NE misses game winning FG, KC wins...

David_ESM: GOD DAMNIT!!!

Link Posted: 10/3/2019 7:58:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have more faith in Nugent than Ghost kicking with a broken hip or whatever.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Have more faith in Nugent than Ghost kicking with a broken hip or whatever.
View Quote
I don't think losing Ghost takes them out of the running, that's pretty silly, but it sure as shit isn't good. I was just playing with ya
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
NE could have potentially been in SB50 if not for a missed kick in the AFC championship game.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:17:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't imagine being on the west coast watching a primetime game at 5:30pm. Then again, it does suck when the game ends at 11:30 or midnight here.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:20:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

NE could have potentially been in SB50 if not for a missed kick in the AFC championship game.
View Quote
Perhaps, but I think it was more fun watching Newton getting shellacked by an aging vet playing his last game though.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I can't imagine being on the west coast watching a primetime game at 5:30pm. Then again, it does suck when the game ends at 11:30 or midnight here.
View Quote
Central time zone FTW
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#12]
What a sucky Thursday night game. I hate both of those teams, however I hate the Rams just slightly less than I hate the sea chickens.

I don't know maybe an earthquake will happen or a volcano will erupt.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What a sucky Thursday night game. I hate both of those teams, however I hate the Rams just slightly less than I hate the sea chickens.

View Quote
You're a very unhappy person, aren't you? lol
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol... not particularly I just have a lot of hate to give. After about three beers I'm pretty happy

I just sat through watching my daughter's volleyball team get eviscerated by another team so I have a tendency to be in a bad mood after those games
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:34:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Central time zone FTW
View Quote
I don't think I could live in the Midwest. If I had to I'd move to Texas but that's probably it.

East Coast can suck with the libtards (although we did turn PA red for Trump). It's incredibly convenient to be able to be in Philly in 30 minutes, DC/NY in less than 2 hours, or the beach in a little over an hour.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:35:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Normally you're rooting for one of 8 teams.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Normally you're rooting for one of 8 teams.
View Quote
Well yeah duh
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't think I could live in the Midwest. If I had to I'd move to Texas but that's probably it.

East Coast can suck with the libtards (although we did turn PA red for Trump). It's incredibly convenient to be able to be in Philly in 30 minutes, DC/NY in less than 2 hours, or the beach in a little over an hour.
View Quote
Why not?

I know it's just not for everybody, but the time zone seems to be one of the pros.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:42:35 PM EDT
[#19]
This game kinda looks like a gang of angry highlighters chasing scraps of paper around.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:44:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Why not?

I know it's just not for everybody, but the time zone seems to be one of the pros.
View Quote
I love being in the midwest so to speak. I don't care about the beach and I really don't care about big cities. I like living in the country and I'm not that far from places to go the eat or drink I can still come home and live in a house in the woods where there's no loud music- unless it's my music - or the sound of vehicles or people walking around
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:44:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This game kinda looks like a gang of angry highlighters chasing scraps of paper around.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:46:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Announcer: I love the way Goff throws the ball...

TV Crew: Slow mo of Goff throwing a wobbly ass pass
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#23]
"Eagles fans saying Aaron Rodgers name again, get over it" - Joseph Buck
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:57:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Hell of a catch.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#25]
That was one HELL OF A throw and catch.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hell of a catch.
View Quote
Great catch, by a short receiver, on what I thought was a throw away ball.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:01:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Announcer: I love the way Goff throws the ball...

TV Crew: Slow mo of Goff throwing a wobbly ass pass
View Quote
I love when that happens. Collinsworth earlier in the year made a comment on someone's throw, saying it was his best throw of the night by far. Slow mo replay shows a wobbling duck.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Finally amazon prime is streaming games up here.
Sitting at work watching the game, kind of nice !!!

(great picture too)
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I love when that happens. Collinsworth earlier in the year made a comment on someone's throw, saying it was his best throw of the night by far. Slow mo replay shows a wobbling duck.
View Quote
Was it Trubisky?

I shouldn't make fun of anybody for throwing ducks. Apparently I've forgotten how to throw a nice spiral, even if my accuracy and range is still where it was. Was playing catch with some kids at last weeks kickball game (they brought one of those nerf footballs) and they were all ugly throws.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

(great picture too)
View Quote
There he is! I don't think I've seen you in the thread yet this year.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Wilson running for his life every pass play and making it work. Going to make his line look way better than they are with the stat line.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

(great picture too)
View Quote
Too bad you got a crap game to watch
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:29:44 PM EDT
[#33]
"I was mind fucked"

Great story.

Julian Edelman’s Bizarre First Conversation with Coach Belichick
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(great picture too)
Meh, I've posted a few times, not much though.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#35]
God damn, that was a pretty throw and catch.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 9:50:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(great picture too)
He was here before the season started.  Take a wild guess which team he was randomly talking about in his first post.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 10:06:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

He was here before the season started.  Take a wild guess which team he was randomly talking about in his first post.
View Quote
"Cowfags"
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 10:07:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Let’s see if this embeds.
Did Tyler Lockett Just Make the Best Catch of the Year?

Unreal.

ETA:  At least the link works.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 10:10:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
"Cowfags"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Cowfags"
How'd you ever guess?
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 10:21:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Let's see if this embeds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBPDlF6agfM
Unreal.

ETA:  At least the link works.
View Quote
Everything is better as a gif.

Link Posted: 10/3/2019 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Joe Buck was reading that WWE plug with all the enthusiasm of a hostage reading a written statement under duress.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 10:23:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Joe Buck was reading that WWE plug with all the enthusiasm of a hostage reading a written statement under duress.
View Quote
Lol..true
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 10:23:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 10:28:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't blame him.

Ever since I turned 13 I can't really stand fake wrasslin'
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
"I was mind fucked"

Great story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pRKz0AFh74
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 10:30:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's great because it starts during happy hour. ;)
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Do the sea chickens have male cheerleaders?

Link Posted: 10/3/2019 10:39:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It's great because it starts during happy hour. ;)
View Quote
That is definitely looking on the upside.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Do the sea chickens have male cheerleaders?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/9749/20191003_223514-1111757.jpg
View Quote
According to HK, that is what the male viewership of that area wants to see
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 10:43:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

According to HK, that is what the male viewership of that area wants to see
View Quote
Page / 393
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top