Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 415
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#1]
If it turned out the Patriots had been bribing refs it would at least make some sense.

But if the Redskins were bribing refs they should probably ask for a refund.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 4:01:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So of the top 10 passing attempts, only 2 are not on the most bad throws list.

Matt Ryan
Dak Prescott

interdasting

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Josh Allen was #21 in passing attempts.

In order, the top 10 in number of passing attempts was:

Goff
Winston
Ryan
Brady
Wentz
Prescott
Rivers
Rodgers
Murray
Mayfield

Matt Ryan
Dak Prescott

interdasting

Some here disagree, but I'd say both of those guys are pretty good, too...
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 4:05:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Paying refs to fix games?  Obviously it must not have worked due to Skins having such piss poor seasons.  Pimping the cheerleaders I might believe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Paying refs to fix games?  Obviously it must not have worked due to Skins having such piss poor seasons.  Pimping the cheerleaders I might believe.

Quoted:
If it turned out the Patriots had been bribing refs it would at least make some sense.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258158/5B306CE1-0A7A-4938-9D81-FB4665FBCC5D_jpe-1506466.JPG

You guys need to think bigger.

How much gambling money is there surrounding the NFL? A guy like Snyder could be putting major money on, say... Rams vs Saints. And then using a little money to tilt the table his way.

I think McAfee hinted more than once that other franchises might be doing something similar. There could be a couple random games getting tilted, or this could be the part where we find out the NFL is actually the WWE.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 4:06:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If the human trafficking shit is true they should crucify all the guilty parties in the stadium Roman style.
View Quote

Human trafficking?
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Human trafficking?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the human trafficking shit is true they should crucify all the guilty parties in the stadium Roman style.

Human trafficking?

Flying cheerleaders to a foreign country, taking their passports, and coercing them to do sexual shit fits that definition close enough for my book.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 4:12:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Flying cheerleaders to a foreign country, taking their passports, and coercing them to do sexual shit fits that definition close enough for my book.
View Quote

Some would call those job perks...they get to see the world and meet interesting people!

Man if that is true some people are going bye bye to federal prison.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sounds like a fun place to work IMO
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought everyone was saying that it was going to be bad.

No shit. Those are rumors and nothing more.

If ownership/management were:
Paying off officials
Promoting drug abuse
Whoring out cheerleaders

The Redskins would be the one and only free agent and trade destination. Players would be coming out of the woodwork to play there.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

How much gambling money is there surrounding the NFL? A guy like Snyder could be putting major money on, say... Rams vs Saints. And then using a little money to tilt the table his way.

I think McAfee hinted more than once that other franchises might be doing something similar. There could be a couple random games getting tilted, or this could be the part where we find out the NFL is actually the WWE.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258158/5B306CE1-0A7A-4938-9D81-FB4665FBCC5D_jpe-1506466.JPG

Ever since Tim Donaghy I've been saying it's entirely possible something similar is happening/would happen in the NFL.

Though I'm skeptical of the whole "WWE" thing if for no other reason than the Cowboys.  The Cowboys vs anyone would make for the most watched and most talked about Super Bowl of all time and yet, despite usually being just one play and/or call away, they haven't even been to the NFC Championship game this century.  If the NFL was scripted like pro wrestling I doubt that'd be the case.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 4:25:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Paying off officials
Promoting drug abuse
Whoring out cheerleaders

The Redskins would be the one and only free agent and trade destination. Players would be coming out of the woodwork to play there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought everyone was saying that it was going to be bad.

Paying off officials
Promoting drug abuse
Whoring out cheerleaders

Not if the players are also treated like shit.

The only guy I can think of that had real knowledge of that franchise and chose to go there is Kendall Fuller. Maybe he just wanted the payday, maybe he missed out on the dark stuff his first time there, and maybe it's something else. Pretty much everyone else seems to run the other direction.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Ever since Tim Donaghy I've been saying it's entirely possible something similar is happening/would happen in the NFL.

Though I'm skeptical of the whole "WWE" thing if for no other reason than the Cowboys.  The Cowboys vs anyone would make for the most watched and most talked about Super Bowl of all time and yet, despite usually being just one play and/or call away, they haven't even been to the NFC Championship game this century.  If the NFL was scripted like pro wrestling I doubt that'd be the case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The one thing that has always kept me away from the WWE theory is that there's too much random shit in the NFL to script. Every play is a car crash with matchups all over the field.

And some games are just too one-sided for officials to interfere.

But when it's a big enough game, and when the game is close enough, one or two questionable calls on something like PI or forward progress could flip the whole thing, and there's millions and millions of dollars on the line.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s old news, I remember reading about that years ago. Nothing came of it because the cheerleaders were not ordered to do anything. They just got creeped out by some Pervs that Got to go watch them make a calendar or something like that.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That’s old news, I remember reading about that years ago. Nothing came of it because the cheerleaders were not ordered to do anything. They just got creeped out by some Pervs that Got to go watch them make a calendar or something like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The story didn't blow up due to a lack of evidence/information.

Maybe we heard all there was to hear, but I would not be at all surprised if we only saw the tip of the iceberg.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
@Bennjammin does the Bibbs allegation track?
View Quote

Fuck I’m at work gotta check!
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I believe neal o'donnel was paid to lose the game against the boys in the superbowl!

Link Posted: 7/16/2020 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#15]
More from McAfee:

Pat McAfee Reacts To Rumors Washington Was Paying Off Referees

He seems to confirm that the Twitter rumors we are reading are at least similar to whatever he got from his source.

Buckle up, guys.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I believe neal o'donnel was paid to lose the game against the boys in the superbowl!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There might have been a worse looking pick-six in Super Bowl history, but if there was I sure as hell can't remember it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 5:03:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
More from McAfee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ekMVBhS2BY

He seems to confirm that the Twitter rumors we are reading are at least similar to whatever he got from his source.

Buckle up, guys.
View Quote

Did he actually say anything in this video or is the like the last one where it's just 10+ minutes of him looking at his phone making vague innuendos then pretending to debate with himself whether he should say it or not before deciding he shouldn't?
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 5:05:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Bennjammin does the Bibbs allegation track?

The Bibbs thing seems thin based on surface level info.

He was a roster bubble guy. The Redskins were his third team, he started the season on the practice squad, and he only has three career TDs.

Re-watching the play Alex Smith was injured on, the RB is running a receiving route, not blocking. Washington's RG and RT fail almost immediately when faced with three Texans rushers on the play, and that's all she wrote.

There's nothing to support this idea that Smith was injured because Jay benched a depth RB.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Some would call those job perks...they get to see the world and meet interesting people!

Man if that is true some people are going bye bye to federal prison.
View Quote

I started watching the Epstein netflix series, and that was his pitch.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

As a Cowboys fan I agree.   That or he thought Larry Brown (worst super bowl mvp of all time) was on his team for some reason.

Link Posted: 7/16/2020 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I started watching the Epstein netflix series, and that was his pitch.
View Quote
Don't forget the bennies.  Excellent health coverage.  You'll need it when your asshole gets blown out.

Link Posted: 7/16/2020 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Did he actually say anything in this video or is the like the last one where it's just 10+ minutes of him looking at his phone making vague innuendos then pretending to debate with himself whether he should say it or not before deciding he shouldn't?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
More from McAfee:

Buckle up, guys.

Do you blame him for not openly repeating unconfirmed and controversial information that hit his phone? Because I don't.

And do you really have anything better to do with your time? It's a Thursday afternoon in the middle of July, and you're hanging out in a NFL thread on a gun forum...
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Do you blame him for not openly repeating unconfirmed and controversial information that hit his phone? Because I don't.

And do you really have anything better to do with your time? It's a Thursday afternoon in the middle of July, and you're hanging out in a NFL thread on a gun forum...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
More from McAfee:

Buckle up, guys.

No, I blame y’all for posting it and hyping it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
More from McAfee:

Buckle up, guys.

He confirmed that the tweets and information about paying refs, etc. were the same things he had earlier.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 5:34:48 PM EDT
[#25]
The story is out, but it's subscription only.

I give it about 30 more seconds before it appears pasted on Reddit or something.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 5:41:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 5:45:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The story is out, but it's subscription only.

I give it about 30 more seconds before it appears pasted on Reddit or something.
View Quote

If that's THE article then that's a huge letdown.  

All the crazy rumors out there and the only thing in the article were reports of "sexual harassment" and "verbal abuse."   That's obviously horrible if true, but the thing I was most interested in were the rumors about bribing refs and that the Redskins might not have been the only team doing it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Meh. The buildup was more interesting than the actual story (as is life).
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If that's THE article then that's a huge letdown.  

All the crazy rumors out there and the only thing in the article were reports of "sexual harassment" and "verbal abuse."   That's obviously horrible if true, but the thing I was most interested in were the rumors about bribing refs and that the Redskins might not have been the only team doing it.
View Quote

Quoted:

View Quote

The story is pretty slimy, but it hardly measures up to all the rumors and speculation.

And I doubt Snyder is going anywhere. He's going to own that franchise FOR-EV-ER.

Link Posted: 7/16/2020 5:54:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

We were hyped on a bombshell that would rock the NFL down to it's core involving refs being bribed and potentially fixed games.

Instead we get another sexual harassment story.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The story is pretty slimy, but it hardly measures up to all the rumors and speculation.

And I doubt Snyder is going anywhere. He's going to own that franchise FOR-EV-ER.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/N6N2YGezKa3hC/giphy.gif
View Quote

It might not have been a bad play by the Redskins IF they were the ones to leak all those crazy rumors so when the real story broke a lot of people are thinking "is that all?"

Link Posted: 7/16/2020 6:00:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It might not have been a bad play by the Redskins IF they were the ones to leak all those crazy rumors so when the real story broke a lot of people are thinking "is that all?"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It sucks, but I'm not shocked to learn that a poorly run sports franchise has had issues with sexual harassment.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 6:11:07 PM EDT
[#33]
I mean, I wouldn’t mind Dan Snyder being gone, but I’m glad this story is pretty tame all things considered.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for the reminder!!!!
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 6:17:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

We were hyped on a bombshell that would rock the NFL down to it's core involving refs being bribed and potentially fixed games.

Instead we get another sexual harassment story.
View Quote

yup.   Still fucked up but the leadup was so much more interesting than the reveal.

Link Posted: 7/16/2020 6:25:23 PM EDT
[#36]
What a letdown...
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Big surprise with the timing. Snyder is Currently In a weak position thanks to all the woke stuff going on. I think they’re making a move to get him out of ownership. I bet you Bezos is behind it
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Big surprise with the timing. Snyder is Currently In a weak position thanks to all the woke stuff going on. I think they’re making a move to get him out of ownership. I bet you Bezos is behind it
View Quote

That’s my tinfoil theory I thought i posted. Bezos wants in on the NFL, especially the skins, and he owns the washpo...
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That’s my tinfoil theory I thought i posted. Bezos wants in on the NFL, especially the skins, and he owns the washpo...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That seems pretty logical for a tinfoil theory.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 7:03:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If Bezos gets ahold of the team will we be able to get a cheerleader shipped to our house in two days?
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Matt Ryan
Dak Prescott

interdasting

View Quote

Yeah, 2 guys significantly better than they 'should' be.

Of the top 13 in bad throws all but Allen were in the top 15 in attempts.
Trubisky was quite a bit lower in attempts than bad throws.

I first thought the stat showed Winston sucks but apparently that wasn't fair.

Brady was about par in a lousy year for him.

But basically all NFL qbs throw well a lot, surprise!!!

I'm guessing they didn't count throws right at the receiver except for the defender stepping in between as bad.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Breaking: rich men want to have sex with attractive women. More news at 11:00
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 8:02:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It sucks, but I'm not shocked to learn that a poorly run sports franchise has had issues with sexual harassment.
View Quote

I’m well, there are 31 other teams that probably have the exact same level of “misconduct”.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 8:31:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's only 55.

Most dudes with that much money make it deep into their 80s or 90s.

For-ev-er

FOR-EV-ER

FOR-EV-ER

FOR-EV-ER

FOR-EV-ER

Link Posted: 7/16/2020 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I’m well, there are 31 other teams that probably have the exact same level of “misconduct”.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think I'd bet on that.

Each team has its own culture and personality of sorts.

It's been a while since HK posted a pic of Green Bay's "cheerleaders," but I'd imagine they do things just a little bit differently than the Redskins who apparently view their cheerleaders as strippers/call girls.

I'd actually be somewhat surprised if reports like this came out of a team like the Packers, Broncos, or Chiefs.

But given that Dan Snyder's Redskins are basically the slimiest franchise in the league, this is a "water is wet" level news break.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 9:29:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If Bezos gets ahold of the team will we be able to get a cheerleader shipped to our house in two days?
View Quote
That's Wayfair, not Amazon.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm no Synder/Redskins fan, but this kinda feels like a hatchet job.  That "bombshell" "damning" article contains ONE person going on record for sexual harassment. ONE.  

All the others were "anonymous."

Link Posted: 7/16/2020 11:04:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That seems pretty logical for a tinfoil theory.
View Quote

Get ready for the Washington Eco-warriors!  He already used "Climate Pledge Arena", "Save the Whales Field" has a nice ring to it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 11:45:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I assume there is no difference.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 11:52:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page / 415
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top